Page 390 of 441 FirstFirst ... 290340380385388389390391392395400440 ... LastLast
Results 7,781 to 7,800 of 8802

Thread: What are you reading/watching? AKA Anime/Manga General

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    Nope, Mika is not in fact Grave's kid. The whole gray hair on Grave was something that only happened post-transformation into a Deadman also.
    Wow, anime genetics have finally failed me.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Princess Principal Crown Handler 1 done. Good movie. Fun action scenes. Lots of mindgames. Bishop was an interesting character and there's a hook for the next movies. Looking foward to them
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Oh it's out? Nice. Is it still have a bopping OST?

OST's still great. That said, Ange's seiyuu changed to Aoi Koga since her TV seiyuu (Imamura Ayaka) retired due to health issues making her unable to focus on seiyuu job. I think Aoi Koga does well as a replacement, though. Still something that needs to be said
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

I watched Digimon:Revenge of Diaboromon after I finished the second season, but I never talked about it.
    Spoiler:

Diaboromon's plan was pretty good. He sent out copies of his baby form Kuramon, out to the real world to lure Tai and Matt, who of course bring Omnimon to fight it again, allow them to "defeat" him, only for them to be trapped in the internet while he sent all of the Kuramon still there to the real world to combine together to make Armageddonmon, a Digimon that's stronger than Diaboromon. Like they managed to break out of the net, but even after attacking the thing at point blank, one shot from that thing managed to beat Omnimon. Like just seeing the light go out of his eyes, and his arms fall off was just horrible.

The absolutely defeated look on Tai's face when Imperialdramon flew right by them was so sad. He didn't even look at it and Matt was just kneeling on the ground with his hands on his face. Omnimon was their trump card, like it beat Diaboromon before, they had no reason to assume he wouldn't win against Armageddonmon.

And Imperialdramon tried to put up a fight too, but he got blasted by the same attack that beat Omnimon. It took Omnimon giving Imperialdramon it's remaining power to beat Armageddonmon in the end. I would have liked if the other kids and their Digimon had some more involvement, but I thought it was pretty fun.

I also watched the first Digimon Tri movie last Sunday and it was amazing.
    Spoiler:

2 years have passed since 02 and their Digimon returned to digital world. Infected Digimon have begun to come into the real world somehow, and the DigiDestined and their Digimon are the only ones who can stop it.
    The first team anyway, something got the 02 kids somehow at the very beginning.

I love the CGI digivolutions and the attacks, they're all so cool and the music was so good.

I think the whole thing going on with Izzy and Mimi is just so funny. They were with each other a few times in the original show, so I can see them being together I guess. And the idea of Joe having a girlfriend is even more funny, I still can't believe it.

When Tai was like, "It's not like when we were kids.", it showed how much more aware he is of the damage the Digimon could and do cause in the real world when they fight compared to before. Matt not's having any of that though, he yells at him for his indecisiveness and the two are mad at each other for the entire movie. Some things change, but some things stay the same.

Gennai said that he and the people like him were keeping like world governments from finding out about the digital world near the end of the second series, but it turns out he's been giving them information about it and the DigiDestined. I guess he sort of changed his mind, but he's still holding some stuff back. Because of that now the government is aware of them and their Digimon and were actually tracking them down. The 02 kids are all listed as missing too...

When Alphamon appeared I was so excited, like I've been thinking about that thing ever since I first saw it in the trailer for the movie.

And of course, Tai finally made up his mind to fight when he saw how strong that thing was, and Agumon and Gabumon became Omnimon to fight it in thebig climax of the movie. Omnimon had him until Alphamon ran away and he turned back into Tsunamon and Koromon.
    How will Meiko and her Digimon, Meicoomon, affect what's happening though?

Joe and Gomamon didn't fight in this movie though, but the second movie looks like it will about him and Mimi so that makes up for it.

It turns out this is my 9000th post, how about that.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Simoun done. Great show. Love the characters, how their relationships and mindsets change and how the tragedy of war affects them. The plot is good and it was a very pretty show. The world is also unique and very well done. Great OST, too
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I heard a rumour that Yugioh Arc-V might be coming to Duel Links soon so I binged season one of the anime so I wouldn't be immediately spoiled if true. I've heard some divisive opinions on Arc-V overall and just from the first season I found it to have a rocky start with only GX's first season being particularly weaker.

Long Ramble

Where to start? I guess with the main character. I do like Yuya Sakaki, he's a good middle ground between the goofy Jaden and the serious Yusei. Reiji is my favourite Kaiba-clone so far between his D/D/D monsters and his morally dubious "all part of the plan" scheme to overthrow the Fusion Dimension. Yuzu and Gogenzaka I'm less keen on, someone on this forum recently mentioned how achieving one's goals does not automatically count as "character development" and I think that applies here. They both failed to defeat the LDS students in the turf war and so they had a semi-off-screen training arc to improve themselves but like, they were never lacking anything as people so they didn't change as a result, all that happened was they acquired stronger cards to overcome the inevitable rematches. In tremendous contrast we have Sawatari the school bully who the script demands he jobs in every duel he participates in against a named character and so they instead had to resort to showing his growth as a redemption arc which made him easily one of the best characters in season 1 because of that.

In regards to the actual plot, I enjoyed it but it really suffered from trying to have the cake and eat it. It was seriously bogged down by trying to balance the "everyday school life" whilst trying to also set up the dimensional war coming later on and it hampered the pacing. The qualifiers for the Junior Youth Tournament was the biggest offender by far, a mini-arc of eight episodes featuring four duels against mostly minor characters, each duel being a two-parter. It really need trimmed down to half the length since by the time we finally got to the Fusion warriors invading it was less than ten episodes left of the season and so felt extremely rushed.

As for the generational gimmick, I actually really like Pendulum Summoning as it doesn't feel like it's replacing previous gimmicks but rather tries to support them with stuff like Pendulum-Fusion, Pendulum-Synchro and so on being the upgraded form of the gimmick. Action Duels were also an entertaining switch-up to the traditional duelling format though as I mentioned earlier, it worked better in single episode format with the only Action Duels I thought genuinely needing to be two-parters were the Yuya/Reiji duel and the Yuya/Sawatari rematch.

Side note, Crunchyroll using the Dub Terms for the cards was cool but somewhat confusingly they in contrast used the JPN names for characters - including the JPN's wonky romanizations. "Yusyo" for Yusho is fine and I'll even accept "Hugo" for "Yugo", but no way in hell could I wrap my head around "Ute" when the characters are clearly saying Yuto.

Side-Side Note, I normally supress the feeling of advertisement when I'm watching Yugioh but I couldn't help but feel that Sawatari drew the short stick in having to promote cards since in one season alone he goes through four complete deck changes in order to show off four different archetypes of cards - making him second only to Chazz from GX who holds the record at five different decks. It's a real shame as I adore his Yosenju archetype and knowing that he only uses it for a single duel pains me so much.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

I watched My Hero Academia the Movie: Heroes Rising before watching episode 10 of the new season and it was so amazing!

I really liked the first movie, but this one had some really amazing animation and fights and everyone in Class 1-A got their chance to shine in this movie. I wish I could have seen it in theaters when it came out, but the plague was just starting right about then, before everything got shutdown, and I didn't want to risk it. Though this is another case of the people behind the anime apparently not caring about the sequence of events of the main story. Like this had stuff like Recipro Turbo, Endeavor's scar and Tokoyami's ability to fly in it when those were thing that just were show this season. It's Naruto using his Rasengan in the first movie before it showed up in the actual anime all over again. But it was really good, I would definitely watch this is if you're a fan of the show/manga.
    Last edited by Laserman; June 18th, 2021 at 11:20 PM.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

I read volumes 12-15 of Blue Exorcist.
    Spoiler:
    If only Mizukume was still around, I would have liked to talk them about this interoperation of Nine Tales. The Illuminati wanted Izumo to be possessed by Nine Tales so they could create a elixir for Lucifer so his vessel would stop breaking down. My theory is, is that just like Satan himself, his current body can't contain him because he's so powerful. But not as powerful as his father that it will breakdown immediately, but bad enough that it won't last for long. The group made it to the lab where they had her, but she had given up by the time they got there though.
    Spoiler:

I said that Rin and Izumo were more alike than I thought, and they became even more alike after her mother sacrificed her life to bring Nine Tails back into herself, and passed away taking it down with her, just like Father Fujimoto gave his life to save Rin. He even said as much right after it happened. The saddest thing is, is that Izumo's sister might be totally fine, but since she was 3 years old, when Izumo finally visited her, she didn't remember Izumo at all. Like the hits just keep coming.

Shima turned out to be a double agent, but the problem is now, whose's side is really on? Like he wanted to do it in the first place after being scouted by them, but now his loyalty is being questioned.

This thing with Yukio is really worrying me too. Lucifer actually met him at the lab and asked him to join their side. He has to confide in someone about what's happening, he can't deal with this by himself. But he's understandably afraid of what would happen to him.

Since it seems like they're not going away anytime soon, I think it's safe to say that the Illuminati is this series' main villains.
    Last edited by Laserman; June 29th, 2021 at 01:01 AM.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

JP Friend Code
    500595933 | 紅 (pm)
    Watching NANA right now (ep11), and it's so far a pretty simple yet satisfying shoujo drama with nice songs

feels a lil bit like the annoying Nana is just a supporting character and the cool Nana is the actual main character
    Chaldea Heroes

Personal skill
    Quote Originally Posted by GundamFSN View Post
    Nikiri has what I dub Blessings of the Boobs, see. As long as what his rolling for has two conspicuous mountains, they'll come to him one way or another.
    Quote Originally Posted by GundamFSN View Post
    Well, fine. Nikiri has this thing called 「我が往くは爆乳の彼方・・・!」
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikiri View Post
    GundamFSN. Thank you.

Just before rolling I said 「我が往くは爆乳の彼方・・・!」

First ticket. Da Vinci-chan NP2.

Went on to binge the Chainsaw Man manga in two days after the PV piqued my interest. What a wild ride, pretty darn good. What really stood out to me are how good the creature/devil designs are, some of the best in manga since maybe even Berserk. The frantic pacing and unhinged story developments are reminiscent of Devilman (Crybaby) but I thought some of the characters in CSM are a little more fleshed out which is great (Loved Himeno and Aki's arcs despite their limited roles). The few nitpicks I have about it are that the action can be confusing to follow at times, the statuses of a few characters aren't always clear due to the nature of their powers and the final antagonist got taken care of a bit too easily imho. Other than that, I would totally recommend the manga to anyone who's looking for a bit more 'spice' in their shounen jump buffet. Hopefully the mangaka can keep his vision intact for the sequel without suffering from the eventual burnout that's known to hit long running works.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Finally sat down to watch the Demon Slayer movie so here's some thoughts as I go through:

Spoiler:

- Damn I forgot how good this show looks
    - Wow, those demons went down like punks
    - Oh shit this is a dream eater demon, isn't it?
    - I'm calling it now, demons made two big mistakes. Putting Zenitsu asleep, and not checking Tanjiro's luggage for loli murder machines.
    - Hah, all Tanjiro's friends want to get with his sister
    - Now it's Demon Inception
    - Nezuko isn't in Tanjiro's dream. Hmmmmmmmmmm...
    - The box is stalking him. I died.
    - Now I remember how much Tanjiro's home really makes you question the time period of the show. I get that thye're super rural, but it feels more like sengoku level than 1920's.
    - OMG Tanjiro's herat is just Sora's from KH. Is Roxas gonna show up? Maybe Ventis? Or how about the twelve other people inside Sora at any given time?
    - Heh, inner boar world just wants a friend.
    - Inner Zenitsu maximum spiders anyone with a penis
    - Okay, I'm waiting for the reveal that this outside world is all another dream the whole train is trapped in and the main demon is actually super weak.
    - OOF that flesh pillar is rough. Or at least it stands out way too much when attached to a proper head.
    - Oh we getting FFVI in here now. Here's hoping Inosuke suplex's the bitch.
    - Damn this sub is falling apart in the second half. Thank god it's in the non-exposition part or i'd be constantly wondeing why they're looking for the bane.
    - Knowing that all Demon Slayers use Hamon, wouldn't boss demon tell his minions to aim for the lungs when stabbing, not stomach?
    - Didn't Tanjiro just get out of the hospital before this movie?
    - Why did the shot of what i assume was Muzan giving train man blood look so much like an older Nezuko, rather than Michal Jackson?
    - Oh hey, it's an actual explanation for shonen battle healing. That's some nice worldbuilding.
    - Oh hey Angra. You're in the wrong series. I doubt Ufotable's going to make a Hollow Atraxia anime anytime soon.
    - "If I fight at a distance it will be hard to cut off his head" No shit, man.
    - Regenerators fist fighting sword boys will always be cool. That said things like Monogatari and UQ Holder have made immortals so scummy in those fights, I'm always thinking "Why not just wedge the sword inside you?" or "Why not swallow a sword so nothing can sever your neck?".
    - Anime Mom hair. Even if you didn't hear about he detah a hour ago, you know she's not making it out alive.
    - Oh no Tanjiro. Are you going to miss and free the demon from double suicide by sun?
    - Okay good, Demon did it himself. Whew.
    - I get you're having this tearful goodbye with this guy who wanted to kill you a few weeks ago and you only really just met like 30 minutes ago, but don't you need to put your sister in her box, dude? Both her and Zenitsu are still out of it or else they'd be helping.
    - And you just got that new sword too, and you throw it away in the very next assignment as a fuck you? The sword guy is gonna hate you more than the one who purposefully breaks his.
    - Is the MC literally calling out power creep?
    - Inosuke: "Tear squats, bro!"
    - Okay, now the opening scene makes more sense. Nice bookends. Also foreshadows how apparently most of the Captains die en masse later on.

Pretty Fun. Wish I could have seen it a theatre though. Better than the MHA movies since it's actually canon, but not as fun as the Konosuba movie, or any of the stand alone anime movies I've seen in theatre for the last few years.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Finally sat down to watch the Demon Slayer movie so here's some thoughts as I go through:

Spoiler:

- Damn I forgot how good this show looks
    - Wow, those demons went down like punks
    - Oh shit this is a dream eater demon, isn't it?
    - I'm calling it now, demons made two big mistakes. Putting Zenitsu asleep, and not checking Tanjiro's luggage for loli murder machines.
    - Hah, all Tanjiro's friends want to get with his sister
    - Now it's Demon Inception
    - Nezuko isn't in Tanjiro's dream. Hmmmmmmmmmm...
    - The box is stalking him. I died.
    - Now I remember how much Tanjiro's home really makes you question the time period of the show. I get that thye're super rural, but it feels more like sengoku level than 1920's.
    - OMG Tanjiro's herat is just Sora's from KH. Is Roxas gonna show up? Maybe Ventis? Or how about the twelve other people inside Sora at any given time?
    - Heh, inner boar world just wants a friend.
    - Inner Zenitsu maximum spiders anyone with a penis
    - Okay, I'm waiting for the reveal that this outside world is all another dream the whole train is trapped in and the main demon is actually super weak.
    - OOF that flesh pillar is rough. Or at least it stands out way too much when attached to a proper head.
    - Oh we getting FFVI in here now. Here's hoping Inosuke suplex's the bitch.
    - Damn this sub is falling apart in the second half. Thank god it's in the non-exposition part or i'd be constantly wondeing why they're looking for the bane.
    - Knowing that all Demon Slayers use Hamon, wouldn't boss demon tell his minions to aim for the lungs when stabbing, not stomach?
    - Why did the shot of what i assume was Muzan giving train man blood look so much like an older Nezuko, rather than Michal Jackson?
    - Oh hey, it's an actual explanation for shonen battle healing. That's some nice worldbuilding.
    - Oh hey Angra. You're in the wrong series. I doubt Ufotable's going to make a Hollow Atraxia anime anytime soon.
    - "If I fight at a distance it will be hard to cut off his head" No shit, man.
    - Regenerators fist fighting sword boys will always be cool. That said things like Monogatari and UQ Holder have made immortals so scummy in those fights, I'm always thinking "Why not just wedge the sword inside you?" or "Why not swallow a sword so nothing can sever your neck?".
    - Anime Mom hair. Even if you didn't hear about he detah a hour ago, you know she's not making it out alive.
    - Oh no Tanjiro. Are you going to miss and free the demon from double suicide by sun?
    - Okay good, Demon did it himself. Whew.
    - I get you're having this tearful goodbye with this guy who wanted to kill you a few weeks ago and you only really just met like 30 minutes ago, but don't you need to put your sister in her box, dude? Both her and Zenitsu are still out of it or else they'd be helping.
    - And you just got that new sword too, and you throw it away in the very next assignment as a fuck you? The sword guy is gonna hate you more than the one who purposefully breaks his.
    - Is the MC literally calling out power creep?
    - Inosuke: "Tear squats, bro!"
    - Okay, now the opening scene makes more sense. Nice bookends. Also foreshadows how apparently most of the Captains die en masse later on.

Pretty Fun. Wish I could have seen it a theatre though. Better than the MHA movies since it's actually canon, but not as fun as the Konosuba movie, or any of the stand alone anime movies I've seen in theatre for the last few years.
    Spoiler:

It's kinda funny how this single arc, both in the manga and the movie, made everyone go from "fuck Rengoku he needs to fucking die" to "FUCK I'M NOT READY FOR HIM TO DIE NOOOOO". Unfortunately, this theme of squeezing all the development for a given character in the really short timeframe just before they die continues and even accelerates as the manga goes on, to the point of some later character deaths getting literally all their backstory in in the same chapter in which they die. Even though it's generally quite good as such things go, the obvious rush really kills it. Fortunately (or unfortunately depending on your preference I guess) Akaza is actually one of a few that subverts that trend, getting a mini-arc of his very own to showcase his backstory and how he came to be the fist maniac that we met on the train.

As to the movie itself, it really looked great for the most part, and even the generally complex problem of animating a barehanded fighter against a swordsman was handled quite competently. The early parts and especially train man suffered a lot from bare-faced exposition monologues, though.

EDIT: Oh yeah.

They're breathing through the stomach, duh.

Well, he was training rather than recuperating in the last few weeks, to be fair.

It's Girl Muzan. I think this form shows up in the anime as well in one of the last episodes. When you can take whatever form you want, why NOT be a hot chick?
    Last edited by Deathhappens; July 3rd, 2021 at 08:58 PM.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Yeah, one of my main gripes with Demon Slayer is the extremely rushed pacing and the fact that character development and exposition tend to happen right before a character dies. Also, I get that the job of a Demon Slayer carries a high risk of death, but I honestly think the manga overglorifies the valor of a heroic sacrifice and seems to uncritically believe that people who want to redeem themselves through death are actually in the right. For the demons, that's more understandable, but not human characters IMO.

Also, I've been reading Fire Force, and while the most recent fight was pretty good, I honestly don't like how Ohkubo seemingly pushed some neoliberal/capitalist realist propaganda through the mouthpiece of Victor Licht and seems to unironically believe that only the establishments feelings and actions really matter in the grand scheme of things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Banned
    Blog Entries
    In UQ Holder, we finally have sex and nipples. Also, Kirie is upset about losing her immortality, but Akamatsu seems to often forget that his vampire characters are vampires. Embracing time.

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Yeah, one of my main gripes with Demon Slayer is the extremely rushed pacing and the fact that character development and exposition tend to happen right before a character dies. Also, I get that the job of a Demon Slayer carries a high risk of death, but I honestly think the manga overglorifies the valor of a heroic sacrifice and seems to uncritically believe that people who want to redeem themselves through death are actually in the right. For the demons, that's more understandable, but not human characters IMO.

Like I said, paladin compassion is worthless. They can only save people, spiritually. Through death. Of course, on the flip side, there is no guilt, then, to kill as many Hunters as you can. Let me put it this way. I feel nothing about the Demon Slayers dying. In my eyes, these 2 people look the same:
    https://whitewolf.fandom.com/wiki/Gr%C3%BCnfeld_Bach https://kimetsu-no-yaiba.fandom.com/wiki/Shinobu_Kocho Basically, the "they're the same picture" meme.
    Last edited by LegalLoliLover; July 11th, 2021 at 11:19 AM.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    Like I said, paladin compassion is worthless. They can only save people, spiritually. Through death. Of course, on the flip side, there is no guilt, then, to kill as many Hunters as you can. Let me put it this way. I feel nothing about the Demon Slayers dying. In my eyes, these 2 people look the same: https://whitewolf.fandom.com/wiki/Gr%C3%BCnfeld_Bach https://kimetsu-no-yaiba.fandom.com/wiki/Shinobu_Kocho Basically, the "they're the same picture" meme.
    Uh, they also save quite a few people from demons, actually.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    In UQ Holder, we finally have sex and nipples. Also, Kirie is upset about losing her immortality, but Akamatsu seems to often forget that his vampire characters are vampires. Embracing time.

Like I said, paladin compassion is worthless. They can only save people, spiritually. Through death. Of course, on the flip side, there is no guilt, then, to kill as many Hunters as you can. Let me put it this way. I feel nothing about the Demon Slayers dying. In my eyes, these 2 people look the same:
    https://whitewolf.fandom.com/wiki/Gr%C3%BCnfeld_Bach https://kimetsu-no-yaiba.fandom.com/wiki/Shinobu_Kocho Basically, the "they're the same picture" meme.
    That was literally not what I was trying to say, but whatever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Uh, they also save quite a few people from demons, actually.
    They absolutely do, though I guess the side stories make that clearer than the main manga. The real problem in my mind is that they all generally have martyr complexes at best and are outright suicidal at worst, and the narrative doesn't do enough to criticize that mindset IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Like I said, just as most western Hunters have roots in Christianity, the far eastern ones are rooted in Buddhism. Isn't one of the Demon Slayer founders or advisers a monk or something? In either case, if your organization has strong roots in religion, they are going to all about that salvation stuff. The spiritual type. Most efficiently obtained through death.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar

Leaving your usual 'moralism bad' schtick aside, the Demon Hunters are very clearly not paladins. Heck, most of them aren't even Good, let alone Lawful. They're also clearly not religious (Buddha man aside).
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I also clarified that I was not referring to each individual member when I was talking about the religious aspect just that one individual involved in its founding, who was a literal priest. And a lot of their overall philosophy sounds very spiritual, even if it can't pin it to any one religion...