Page 395 of 441 FirstFirst ... 295345385390393394395396397400405 ... LastLast
Results 7,881 to 7,900 of 8801

Thread: What are you reading/watching? AKA Anime/Manga General

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Some dude made a Digimon stage play and named the main villain Cancel Culture. It went about as painfully as you'd expect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    So, there was an stage event that was the seiyuus reading and acting an script live with some imagery in the background. One of the characters starts freaking out about political correctness. Then, at the very end it PC manifests as an enity and attacks with cancel culture. "Political Correctness" and "Cancel Culture" are said in engrish, by the way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Some dude made a Digimon stage play and named the main villain Cancel Culture. It went about as painfully as you'd expect.
    Not some dude. Chiaki Konaka himself. Same person who was main scriptwriter of Digimon Tamers itself
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by bassgs435 View Post
    So, there was an stage event that was the seiyuus reading and acting an script live with some imagery in the background. One of the characters starts freaking out about political correctness. Then, at the very end it PC manifests as an enity and attacks with cancel culture. "Political Correctness" and "Cancel Culture" are said in engrish, by the way.

- - - Updated - - -

Not some dude. Chiaki Konaka himself. Same person who was main scriptwriter of Digimon Tamers itself
    I'm still mad about it. All hope of a sequel like Tri or Last Kizuna are just gone because he went mad.
    Last edited by Laserman; September 15th, 2021 at 04:21 PM.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Laserman View Post
    I'm still mad about it. All hope of a continuation like Tri or Last Kizuna are just gone because he went mad.
    Konaka already said he wasn't going to make a sequel before any Twitter brouhaha so you didn't really lose anything.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    I’ll defend Fire Fore because like with the Digimon Tamers cancel culture thing, most of the people complaining are hypocrites who’d celebrate it if the rant was about something they agree with like white men being bad or whatever
    This is what happens when moralist dumbasses calling artists pedos and sex offenders over lolis and fanservice in general are the loudest critics and get people suspended from Twitter, which is the main platform for lots of artitsts
    So I blame all the moralists crying sexism and causing shit like the cancellation of the Red Cross x Uzaki collab. They want stories like what FF is doing, just preaching their beliefs
    That’s the point of “all art is political” nonsense
    Ya done being wrong? Well, I hope so, because that was about as whiny as Ohkubo's actual chapter, except he could also draw pretty pictures to defend his right libertarian "special people shouldn't be burdened by those not as special" take. No cap, it's pretty much just eugenics combined with Ohkubo really missing the mark on why people complain about Tamaki. If the ecchi fanservice comedy was simply one part of a generally active character, Tamaki wouldn't be a problem, but really, the main issue is that she's rarely allowed to DO anything. Even now, in her supposed big moment, it's actually the two Assaults fighting over whether lewd is good or bad, and she's just standing there.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Such giga cringe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    Konaka already said he wasn't going to make a sequel before any Twitter brouhaha so you didn't really lose anything.
    Huh, really? I guess so.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

The one who is wrong is you. Stop reading instead of keeping at it with the only purpose being "criticism", which is a rant about why Ohkubo making an story you don't like means he's a shit person.
    You're siding with harrassers and censors. The one in the wrong here is you. Ohkubo can wirte what he wants. I and other people are allowed to like it same way you're allowed to dislike it. Take it or leave it. And the whole he supports eugenics shit feels like an stretch. Like thinking Ishikawa supported genocide and colonization when the suppossedly heroic Getter Robo leads to the genocidal, colonizer Getter armies and Getter Emperor
    Keep crying about Tamaki. You and your side only prove that the chapters are necessary
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Did I ever once express any pro-censorship opinions in the past couple posts? No, only that I'm very disappointed by this shit take from a once very good manga, and I feel the take is not only shit, but a direct pipeline to the far right, so thus harmful.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman View Post
    I'm still mad about it. All hope of a sequel like Tri or Last Kizuna are just gone because he went mad.
    He didn't go mad. The world's gone mad and he was right to call it out. Maybe not the right place or the best written way for this message, but that's all it is: shitty out of place writing. Not a crime or a justification of WW2 Japan's crimes or whatever people wanted to make it look like

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Did I ever once express any pro-censorship opinions in the past couple posts? No, only that I'm very disappointed by this shit take from a once very good manga, and I feel the take is not only shit, but a direct pipeline to the far right, so thus harmful.
    You're doing it right now, acting like the events are some kind of take and like it'll influence readers. Saying this rant will make people into right wingers is like saying Shield Hero will peop people into mysoginists who want slaves, or that SAO and Redo of Healer will turn people into rapists or that loli hentai means people will rape children
    Just at least accept people can like this without being nazis or whatever you think Ohkubo is now
    Seriously this kind of moralist political criticism is the worst kind of criticism, since it leads to insults towards people who like what you don't and the author. This is perhaps not the most graceful way to handle this, but shitty writing is hardly a crime or reason to act like someone's a monster
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

He didn't go mad. The world's gone mad and he was right to call it out. Maybe not the right place or the best written way for this message, but that's all it is: shitty out of place writing. Not a crime or a justification of WW2 Japan's crimes or whatever people wanted to make it look like
    The world's going mad, but not for the reason you think it is, buddy. Keep malding over the fact that shitty things you liked are being called out for what they are.

- - - Updated - - -

You're doing it right now, acting like the events are some kind of take and like it'll influence readers. Saying this rant will make people into right wingers is like saying Shield Hero will peop people into mysoginists who want slaves, or that SAO and Redo of Healer will turn people into rapists or that loli hentai means people will rape children
    Just at least accept people can like this without being nazis or whatever you think Ohkubo is now
    Seriously this kind of moralist political criticism is the worst kind of criticism, since it leads to insults towards people who like what you don't and the author. This is perhaps not the most graceful way to handle this, but shitty writing is hardly a crime or reason to act like someone's a monster
    It doesn't have to convince anyone to be dangerous, and besides, as your apoplectic rage proves, quite a few people are willing to defend such dangerous takes, even if they themselves don't openly agree with them. That said takes are a normal part of the discourse is quite bad in my opinion because they cause real harm at the policy level.

Also, obviously what happened in Fire Force was a take, the whole manga's plot has been an extended dialogue on the worth of humans and who should hold power over others, if anyone should, and before this final arc, things were actually looking pretty good, but then Ohkubo has been trotting out one pro-establishment, eugenicist take after the other that basically contradict the messages he was trying to sell us on prior.

And you and your people can keep malding that lolis and fanservice'll never truly go away. The call outs aren't facts. The things I like aren't "shitty" because insane moralists acting like the dumbasses who say pokemon is satanic are screaming about me and others being sexist nazi pedophile rapists based solely on what fiction we like. That stance is disgusting. And has no place in a type moon forum considered Nasu wrote a loli sex scene in Kagetsu Tohya (And Takeuchi drew it), And lolis keep getting fanservice outfits in FGO. Stop acting like a goddamn puritan

- - - Updated - - -

OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, People defending fiction will lead to a revival of uni 731. How terryfying. Seriously. Stop the censorious paranoia. Drop Fire Force. No one needs whatever moralist rant you're planning to write when the manga ends. It's fiction. It's harmless. Normalization is nonsense that is literally "GTA causes violence"
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

I do admit to having a problem with lolis because of how they normalize sexualizing child bodies, but fanservice, no way. I don't care, and I will consume. I don't really give much of a shit about "lewdness" or "decency" or any of that crap. Also, you need to chill out and get some therapy about how you feel personally attacked by people pointing out sus parts of the things you like.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    And you and your people can keep malding that lolis and fanservice'll never truly go away. The call outs aren't facts. The things I like aren't "shitty" because insane moralists acting like the dumbasses who say pokemon is satanic are screaming about me and others being sexist nazi pedophile rapists based solely on what fiction we like. That stance is disgusting. And has no place in a type moon forum considered Nasu wrote a loli sex scene in Kagetsu Tohya (And Takeuchi drew it), And lolis keep getting fanservice outfits in FGO. Stop acting like a goddamn puritan

- - - Updated - - -

OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, People defending fiction will lead to a revival of uni 731. How terryfying. Seriously. Stop the censorious paranoia. Drop Fire Force. No one needs whatever moralist rant you're planning to write when the manga ends. It's fiction. It's harmless. Normalization is nonsense that is literally "GTA causes violence"
    I feel like you're stuck railing against the imaginary puritan moralist in your own head at times. All SirGau said at first was he didn't like the direction and themes the series was taking, nothing about everyone who likes it is evil or the author doesn't have a right to express his viewpoint. People are free to like what they like, yes, but others also have a right to criticize as long as they don't cross the line into "everyone who likes this is bad" (putting aside stuff like The Turner Diaries which I'm sure even you would recognize as universally objectionable). Not to mention- while people can obviously enjoy fantasies of things they'd find horrifying IRL- acting like fiction doesn't influence people at all is almost as naive as saying a series where the main organized-religion turns out to be a front for an apocalyptic death-cult isn't offering any socio-political themes.

Lolis normalize nothing. There's nothing sus in fiction (except the culture of overwork that victimizes many creators). Lolicons will never become pedos, just like MK players'll never become killers. And tell me, when people say I'm a pedo rapist for liking certain fiction (I've seen these arguments): is that not a personal attack?. If you can't separate reality and fiction, it's you who needs therapy. By the way, give the authorities power to censor Ohkubo and the lolicons and the slippery slope is real. Australia is an example with adult women banned from sex work because "child-like" bodies (these child like bodies are any woman who isn't very busty), and general fanservice goes next because lots of anime is made for a teen audience to enjoy or to remnisce about youth (because adulthood in Japan is so oppressive they find it hard to imagine adult romances or adventures) so lots of fanservice involves underage characters. And since pedo is the problem with loli, other underage material has to go
    So, yep you're taking the side of censors if you defend "pointing out sus parts of media", which means finding ways to justify insulting fans and writers

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    I feel like you're stuck railing against the imaginary puritan moralist in your own head at times. All SirGau said at first was he didn't like the direction and themes the series was taking, nothing about everyone who likes it is evil or the author doesn't have a right to express his viewpoint. People are free to like what they like, yes, but others also have a right to criticize as long as they don't cross the line into "everyone who likes this is bad" (putting aside stuff like The Turner Diaries which I'm sure even you would recognize as universally objectionable). Not to mention- while people can obviously enjoy fantasies of things they'd find horrifying IRL- acting like fiction doesn't influence people at all is almost as naive as saying a series where the main organized-religion turns out to be a front for an apocalyptic death-cult isn't offering any socio-political themes.
    There are people affected, but those are exceptions who are easy to influence or already had leanings and anything works to push them in the wrong direction and not a reason to justify censorship. Given how SirGau calls it a take and says it's dangerous and talks about normalization, he IS taking the pro-censorship side. That language of certain fiction being dangerous or normalizing awful stuff is what is used to justify censorship and call people like me pedophiles who want to rape children
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

'You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory' ResidentSeagull's Avatar
    A comprehensive guide to living in the Balkans: Step 1) Leave
    Well looke what we have here.

Spoiler:

Reminds me of the bad old days when I used Reddit.

Only now I am older and wiser, thus not having any more faith in humanity left to lose.

Dude, there is no work of literature, fiction or otherwise, that doesn't contain any takes. That is impossible. Also, it's not about directly influencing people, but about what's present in the cultural zeitgeist and what opinions are within the Overton Window.

Also, by trying to shut people down from criticizing the parts of media they find suspect, you are actually engaging in pro-censorship behavior, @bassgs435.

Finally, I can feel the spittle through the computer screen. Please just chill out.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Lolis normalize nothing. There's nothing sus in fiction (except the culture of overwork that victimizes many creators). Lolicons will never become pedos, just like MK players'll never become killers. And tell me, when people say I'm a pedo rapist for liking certain fiction: is that not a personal attack?. If you can't separate reality and fiction, it's you who needs therapy. By the way, give the authorities power to censor Ohkubo and the lolicons and the slippery slope is real. Australia is an example with adult women banned from sex work because "child-like" bodies (these child like bodies are any woman who isn't very busty), and general fanservice goes next because lots of anime is made for a teen audience to enjoy or to remnisce about youth (because adulthood in Japan is so oppressive they find it hard to imagine adult romances or adventures) so lots of fanservice involves underage characters. And since pedo is the problem with loli, other underage material has to go
    So, yep you're taking the side of censors if you defend "pointing out sus parts of media", which means finding ways to justify insulting fans and writers
    Literally who here is calling you a pedo rapist or advocating giving "authorities" the power to censor Ohkubo? This is what I mean when I say it's hard to debate you at times because it feels like you're arguing against a shapeless cloud of "puritans" and "Social Justice Warriors" in your head rather than responding to what the other person is actually saying. It's ironic since you are actually far quicker to resort to personal attacks* like accusing Gau of being a puritan, wanting to censor stuff or any number of things he never actually said. Though by your last sentence it appears you think "pointing out anything in media you find uncomfortable or objectionable" is the same as "supporting censorship" which (as far as I can tell) pretty much makes it impossible to criticize any part of a story without thereby wanting to censor it. Strange usage of words when any expression of a dissenting view is equivalent to censorship.

*Yeah, what I'm doing could be considered a personal attack too since I'm mainly addressing your motives rather than arguments. But you're consistently like this every time you post in any kind of anime debate so I kind of feel I have to address that since your actual arguments are mostly the same "critics are haters who love looking down on everyone" bottled sauce (which can be true but you bring it up endlessly regardless of whether it makes sense in context).

He's like this all the time? Well, I guess there's no use actually debating then, but maybe someone else will benefit from seeing this.

JP Friend Code
    By request
    Blog Entries
    I tried reading the Jujutsu Kaisen manga because people whose taste I trust like it, but I'm really not feeling it.

Quote Originally Posted by celsius View Post
    If Saber and Shirou got married... Would that make Shirou the Queen of Britain?

I don't blame you for that. I have significant problems with it even as I still read it and generally enjoy it.