Page 406 of 441 FirstFirst ... 306356396401404405406407408411416 ... LastLast
Results 8,101 to 8,120 of 8802

Thread: What are you reading/watching? AKA Anime/Manga General

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    You don't know anything about SAO or Mother's Basement firsthand, but

why is this part relevant to anything? What exactly are you trying to argue with "other people feel differently from you"?
    Mattias used "people pointing out" in his argument. SirGau used MB. So I'm free to also point out that the hate circlejerk communities they've seen aren't the global consensus of everyone who's watched it. Simple as that. I mean, I'll admit SirGau's post was "I like MB validating my decision to drop" which ls less offensive (still misguided and contributes to a culture where SAO fans are insulted and treated like idiots without taste who want to rape women. This is my problem with MB and Digbro and others, really. They made people feel like fans and defenders are objectively wrong and thus, saying you like SAO and think is a good story becomes almost as bad as saying racial slurs.) than Mattias acting like people pointing out all that fake shit are objectively right and I need to deal with it
    Last edited by bassgs435; November 30th, 2021 at 03:22 PM.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Speaking of at least MB, he never once mentioned SAO fans and just shat on the show and Reki Kawahara. There are obviously dumbfucks who will belittle SAO fans, and I do find it tempting, but that's not a good thing to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Imagine liking Mother's Basement lol
    But also, imagine defending SAO in 2021 lmao

- - - Updated - - -

Also who the fuck is accusing SAO fans of being rapists? Are you out of your mind?

@bass loses several whole braincells whenever anyone makes a slightly critical comment about anime.

Also, MB is based and a comrade.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

It's not being slightly critical. It's spreading lies. Criticism isn't a shield to spread lies or say whatever you want while it'¡s the defenders who are wrong. And I don't care what year it is, I'll defend SAO. Fuck the internet hatemobs who say otherwise.
    And about those who say SAO fans are rapists: it's the sex assault scenes. That they're present in the show at all leads certain people to think those scenes are for people who'd enjoy being the sex criminals in real life. The same "likes it in ficrtion=likes it in real life" logic that leads people to claim being a lolicon means you're into real kids and want to rape children or to call out lewd fan art of a character when the wiki has an age of <18 in the age section for that character. People are very stupid and a brainless MB fan who trusts whatever he says because big subscriber number when he's just another loser and his words have no more weight than mine doesn't get to call me out for losing brain cells
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

The only reason I continue this is because how fun it is to watch you mald over any SAO criticism. Also, you have absolutely blown up over less. There's easy to find proof of that.

Also, I don't agree with everything Geoff Thew says, but I acknowledge how well-researched and thought out his arguments are.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So some random person called you a rapist for praising Kawahara after he included the 78th rapist villain and you're still not over it?

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    The only reason I continue this is because how fun it is to watch you mald over any SAO criticism. Also, you have absolutely blown up over less. There's easy to find proof of that.

Also, I don't agree with everything Geoff Thew says, but I acknowledge how well-researched and thought out his arguments are.
    He's a manipulator. An actor. You THINK he does his research and thinking. He doesn't.. MB IS AN IDIOT. Stop putting him or other elitist critic e-celebs in a pedestal
    And I "mald" over any SAO criticism because lots of it, like right now, is outright bullshit or lies. After watching the entire show and his videos, I see 0 research and lots of lies about what happens in the show It's like someone saying Fate fans mald at any criticism when the "criticism" is calling shirou a gary-stu or flawless or a shit idiotic captain obvious (People die when they're killed and all that) MC
    It¡s like people use criticism as a shield that allows you to say whatever and anyone who jumps in defense is "malding". I hate it
    Last edited by bassgs435; November 30th, 2021 at 05:40 PM.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    So some random person called you a rapist for praising Kawahara after he included the 78th rapist villain and you're still not over it?
    Worth noting even Kawahara himself said he regrets overusing the rapey villain trope. Guess he's also part of the SJW hate brigade?

To be fair, a lot of the rape in later parts like Alicization (Gabriel and Leafa's tentacles) are not Kawahara's fault and are the fault of how the anime staff made the scenes. They didn't need to be so rapey, they did it for fanservice anyways. Nitpicking on who's to blame for the rape in the anime aside: it's not once. It's various times, to lots of SAO fans I see are great people. Sure I can ignore it. But I wish people could learn to live and let live and criticise the show without going after the people defending the show in the process. Everything'd be fine if SAO bad wasn't the default objective correct stance, when the ideal is that SAO bad and SAO good should coexist as both valid views

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Worth noting even Kawahara himself said he regrets overusing the rapey villain trope. Guess he's also part of the SJW hate brigade?
    I never mentioned SJW or people who simply hate the rape scenes. I doubt Kawahara has said anyone who likes those scenes or he himself were potential rapists (this is my issue: acting like fans hate women and want to rape them. Disliking the rape scenes is fine. Dislike is fine as long as you aren't toxic to the defense side)
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bassgs435 View Post
    To be fair, a lot of the rape in later parts like Alicization (Gabriel and Leafa's tentacles) are not Kawahara's fault and are the fault of how the anime staff made the scenes. They didn't need to be so rapey, they did it for fanservice anyways. Nitpicking on who's to blame for the rape in the anime aside: it's not once. It's various times, to lots of SAO fans I see are great people. Sure I can ignore it. But I wish people could learn to live and let live and criticise the show without going after the people defending the show in the process. Everything'd be fine if SAO bad wasn't the default objective correct stance, when the ideal is that SAO bad and SAO good should coexist as both valid views

- - - Updated - - -

I never mentioned SJW or people who simply hate the rape scenes. I doubt Kawahara has said anyone who likes those scenes or he himself were potential rapists (this is my issue: acting like fans hate women and want to rape them. Disliking the rape scenes is fine. Dislike is fine as long as you aren't toxic to the defense side)
    The problem is you tend to impute any criticism of your position with a personal attack. Like, we started with CGI in anime and somehow went into people accusing you of rape. It doesn't matter if some people somewhere are saying these things. On the internet you can find examples of people saying basically any harebrained thing if you look hard enough. Unless someone is actually saying it in this conversation, it doesn't matter to bring it up and just gives the impression you're arguing with some shapeless group of "elite critics" or "SJW warriors" rather than the actual people on the other side of the screen.

You didn't have to mention any SJWs for us to catch your drift, bass. We know who you're mad at.

Also, whether the online anime fandom has a misogyny problem is well beyond the scope of SAO criticism, and literally nobody halfway serious actually makes the connection that because you like SAO, you like tentacle rape, and are thus a rapist.

Well. In this case, it's because SirGau keeps defending MB, so I keep mentioning his issues and the kind of awful environment his videos and those of other youtubers have cultivated. for SAO fans. There's also that I need to mention the problems of elitism and shitty comments elsewhere to explain why I'm so crazy defensive in regards to SAO, and can't accept certain lies passed like they're truth. And if people know how I am, it's beyond me why they keep engaging the angry clown they see me as. SirGau said it was fun to see me "mald" Can't he then be criticised for knowingly provoking me for his own fun? Final responsibility lies with me, but still. i offered a chance to end this warning that any further SAO posts'd lead to nowhere good. Those words fell on deaf ears and here we are

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    You didn't have to mention any SJWs for us to catch your drift, bass. We know who you're mad at.

Also, whether the online anime fandom has a misogyny problem is well beyond the scope of SAO criticism, and literally nobody halfway serious actually makes the connection that because you like SAO, you like tentacle rape, and are thus a rapist.
    Like Royd said, focus on what I said here rather than your own imagined idea because apparently you yourself are still malding about that one time we talked about Fire Force and Ohkubo. And yes, people seriously connect ficition with real life like that. Several artists who use Twitter as a means of income have gotten yeeted through mass reporting. Not to mention the harassment. It's a crazy world out there
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    Well. In this case, it's because SirGau keeps defending MB, so I keep mentioning his issues and the kind of awful environment his videos and those of other youtubers have cultivated. for SAO fans. There's also that I need to mention the problems of elitism and shitty comments elsewhere to explain why I'm so crazy defensive in regards to SAO, and can't accept certain lies passed like they're truth. And if people know how I am, it's beyond me why they keep engaging the angry clown they see me as. SirGau said it was fun to see me "mald" Can't he then be criticised for knowingly provoking me for his own fun? Final responsibility lies with me, but still. i offered a chance to end this warning that any further SAO posts'd lead to nowhere good. Those words fell on deaf ears and here we are
    You were the one who brought up SAO in the first place though.

Blog Entries
    shirou a gary-stu or flawless or a shit idiotic captain obvious
    Correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    You were the one who brought up SAO in the first place though.
    As a comparison to what happens when lies against something (3DCG) get too widespread and people think they're serious arguments and valid criticism. I didn't expect someone'd zero in in that and bring the topic into discussing SAO bad using the typical lies as serious arguments that I should accept as objective flaws
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I really do genuinely wonder who hurt this guy sometimes.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    without picking a side in this argument we need to both reduce the number of people that like SAO and the number of people that watch anime youtubers drastically with wide reaching educational efforts

this is a dire epidemic of low powerlevel
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I want to live in this world where CG anime isn't guaranteed to look like shit except for the two or three series that look decent

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    without picking a side in this argument we need to both reduce the number of people that like SAO and the number of people that watch anime youtubers drastically with wide reaching educational efforts

this is a dire epidemic of low powerlevel
    Even jokingly, the mod wants to equivocate.

- - - Updated - - -

I want to live in this world where CG anime isn't guaranteed to look like shit except for the two or three series that look decent
    That's be a better world than our current one. Or at least a better-looking one.