Page 396 of 440 FirstFirst ... 296346386391394395396397398401406 ... LastLast
Results 7,901 to 7,920 of 8797

Thread: What are you reading/watching? AKA Anime/Manga General

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriulio View Post
    I tried reading the Jujutsu Kaisen manga because people whose taste I trust like it, but I'm really not feeling it.
    How far have you gotten? I'd say it really sold me after
    Spoiler:
    [Sukuna sliced Yuuji's head in half.]
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    There's more I could say, but fuck it. This is a waste of time for everyone involved. No minds are getting changed here and it's exhausting. To other things

Goddess Dormitory done. Really god straight shota show. Great fanservice for every girl including Sutea, fun characters. A really good ecchi harem. Now to hope World End Harem's AT-X release delivers
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

JP Friend Code
    By request
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    How far have you gotten?
    I read volume 1 and nothing else so far.

Quote Originally Posted by celsius View Post
    If Saber and Shirou got married... Would that make Shirou the Queen of Britain?

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Okay, you didn't make it that far then.
    canon finish apo vol 3

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Dude, there is no work of literature, fiction or otherwise, that doesn't contain any takes.
    Michael Bay's Transformers? Schumaker's Batman movies?

Oh, Aaron Eckheart's I, Frankenstein!
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Chicks dig giant robots/fancy cars is one of the most primeval takes of mankind.
    canon finish apo vol 3

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Michael Bay's Transformers? Schumaker's Batman movies?

Oh, Aaron Eckheart's I, Frankenstein!
    Michael Bay's Transformers movies absolutely had takes, those of "America, fuck yeah!" and other not-so-subtle pro-military, pro-War on Terror takes that we all just accepted as natural without noticing them outright. I don't know enough about the others to comment, but yeah, no media is produced divorced from the context it was made in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Blue Exorcist Volumes 22-24:
    Spoiler:
    Rin's body couldn't handle his flames being unleashed after the Koma Sword broke and his body was destroyed only to have a new one be created from the ashes like a phoenix. But his "demon heart", which I suppose is like his true demonic nature, was unleashed too and it took Shiemi to calm him down again.

After all that, Rin took on a journey to the past to find out about his and Yukio's birth. According to Mephisto, he wants to answer the one who doesn't want to know, not the one who does, because it's his nature as a demon. H
    e saw his mother, Yuri Egin, as a young orphan, and how she met Father Fujimoto, who is one of Azazel's clone vessels on the run.

He wasn't very nice when he was younger, which is understandable. He didn't want to be experimented on and then die like the rest of the clones, but he had a good heart even then. After he got caught, she went with him after it was revealed she was able to see demons.
    From there, she was trained as a exorcist and Fujimoto got the okay to become one from Mephisto on the condition if he ever yields to a demon, he must grant him a favor. Anything he wants.

And they didn't talk much since he did his best to avoid her until they got older. As much as she liked him, Fujimoto wouldn't return Yuri's feelings. It was like that until the vessel that Section 13 had prepared for Lucifer was instead possessed by Satan himself. They had no idea who he was.

But the monster never took on a vessel before, so having a body, all of it was new to him. He was like a newborn baby, and the Order had Yuri be one of the people to take care of him since she a tamer with a good affinity with demons and when he broke free for the first time, he went to her.

It turns out the little blue flames she saw as a child, were him trying to manifest in Assiah, they were connected even then. Eventually, he was able to learn to talk, but he like was a little child at that point. And with that power it made him dangerous, so they had to extra care not to expose him to too much. Unfortunately, he took a guard hostage and the condition of his release was that he got a lot of books on anything he wanted.
    Spoiler:

After he got the books, he killed the guard, and declared himself a god, knowing full well what he truly was, Satan, the father and king of all demons. He took Section 13 and most of the people there hostage after leaving the facility and coming back because his body breaking down. As long as they kept giving the research facility supplies, and they would keep making elixirs for him, they would be spared. Eventually, Yuri decides to go in and after almost killing him, Satan declares that he loves her.

Then they decided to make a escape, and while trying to flee, Satan was captured, and it was revealed that she was pregnant with twins. They couldn't really do anything to help her because harming the mother of demon child would curse them. But the Order to planned to exorcise the brothers as soon as they were born.

When Rin was born, he went wild. He cried like a normal baby and then just started jumping around and incinerating people. That was what Rin was always afraid of knowing.

Everytime Yukio was like, "Don't you want to know the truth behind our birth?!", this was what he was thinking about. It makes me wonder if Yukio even ever considered that or was too focused on himself to worry about his brother's feelings. After seeing that, Rin thought that he should never have been born and that's just terrible. It wasn't his fault, none of it was his fault. He didn't know any better.

Meanwhile, people are seeing demons a lot more often, Shiemi got carried of by the Grigori, and Lightning's been arrested for attacking Dragulescu, who's pretty much confirmed as an Illuminati spy. The way he got around the Contract of Morinath on him was that he replaced his body from the neck down to avoid being killed by Mephisto's demon. That's also how Lucifer has been keeping himself around, they just recently got the technology to make perfect clone bodies. Which ties into Yukio being on board that airship.

They tested him and his one eye is window that Satan can see into the human world because of the temptaint it got from sharing the womb with Rin. And he's immune to the blue flames of Satan. Besides that, he's human. But after learning that and getting weapons from them, he turned loose the Contract of Morinath that was on his hand from Lightning, and called his demons to fight for him, since the person who made the contract in the first place decides whether the demons kill or protect the signee. He ordered them to destroy the airship and now Lightning knows where the Illuminati base is.

But the thing I'm really interested in, is finally knowing what happened on the Blue Night.

I'm almost at the point of having to read the actual chapters separately.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriulio View Post
    I read volume 1 and nothing else so far.
    Oh, me too.

Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    Sure, although keep in mind that a lot of details are kind of a blur to me, as I did read almost 700 chapters in less than a week.

Spoiler:

I would say that my favorite arc was probably Hueco Mundo. Everything got turned up to 11 in regards to the fights themselves and the final confrontation with Aizen made it really seem like the grand finale. If it stopped there, I would have abeen satisfied.

At first Chad was my fav character (he's just a really cool, chill guy), but he was unfortunately nonexistant after Hueco Mundo...so I guess it's probably a tie between Kenpachi (let's be honest every story needs a Kenpachi), Genryusai (just the few chapters he got at the start of the 1000 Year Blood War arc made me absolutely adore him) and Mayuri (I'm just a sucker for the crazy scientist archetype, but I have to say that even in that regard he stands out as a humongous piece of shit human being and I love him for it)

Fav villain is Aizen, mostly because he's just an 500 IQ meme, but even beyond that I find him a very memorable character. He got a lot of awesome moments. Him stopping Ichigo's blade was spoiled to me long ago, but it was still pretty hype when I read it.
    I also really liked Baraggan (he's just that Dark Souls 1 boss - I love skeletons with capes) and that Fear Quincy (he was really creepy and cool, which is a tough thing to do for a design imho) purely for their designs.

Fav Zanpakuto...I guess Benihime. For me it has the best ratio of having a neat design, and me liking its Bankai (it's basically just a JoJo power).
    If we wanna go just by design though, definitely Zangetsu (idk I just really like big swords). I still don't get how Kubo managed to make a better design for it 4+ times.

Fav Shikai is either Kujaku (Ayasegawa's Shikai) or Suzumebachi (Sui-Feng's Shikai).
    ...and yes, i did google the names for those wondering.

Fav Bankai is either Komamura's (giant samurai armor crushing shit is just such an amazing visual scale-wise), Genryusai's or Rukia's (it being a huge double-edged sword is a really neat concept, shame it only got used once).

To add, I don't really have plans to watch the anime (although if there is an amazing filler arc or something lie that please do let me know). Maybe when the 1000 Year Blood War arc gets adapted (btw do we know its status, like I hadn't heard anything about it in over a year?).

Also don't plan to watch/read Burn the Witch. I guess I just wanna wait for more of it to come out. Heard it was just okay, but I might check it out at a later date.

Just looked the novels up. I'd heard that the novels existed, but I didn't know Narita wrote them. They any good?

I was, however, interested in the theatrical movies (I don't mean the live action ones). Are any of them good or are they kind of skippable?
    Well, now I'm just going to gush.
    Spoiler:

I'd have to say Hueco Muendo for me too.

One of the reasons why I don't mind the anime original arcs is because you get to see characters like Chad actually do more,so there's that. I mean if you really wanted to you could skip the New Captain Amagai/Kasumioji Crisis arc since that happens in the middle of Hueco Mundo in the anime. I thought it was fine though.

Yeah, Kenpachi is just amazing, the man just loves to fight and he will willing weaken himself to make fights last longer. Yamamoto was pretty cool too, the man was the Head Captain of Court Guard Squads for that long for a reason. Yeah, I tend to like mad scientists too like Franken Stein in Soul Eater, so Mayuri is one of the characters I like too. Every new arc he had a new look, and they got more crazy with each one.

Yeah, Aizen easily for me. Him or Ulquiorra. As Nodt was pretty creepy.

My favorite Zanpakuto is Zangetsu, I just love it.
    (idk I just really like big swords).
    So do I! There are like 2 in Fate, but I hesitate to call them swords.

The first and second versions of it's Shikai and Bankai, and the last one of the Shikai, I have mixed feeling on the Bankai, but Zangetsu itself seems like it went back to it's first version. But the moment when Ichigo uses his Bankai against Byakuya for the first time is just one of my favorite moments in Bleach.

But if not Ichigo's Zanpukuto probably like Zabimaru, Hyorinmaru, and Senbonzakura. Their Shikai and Bankai forms are just as cool.

Nothing really about the anime. The first movie is my favorite one and probably one of my favorite anime movies. The second one is pretty cool, the third is okay, but the forth one had direct supervision from Tite Kubo himself and is pretty good too. He even drew a scene for one of the movie trailers. And I have the first novel, but I haven't read it yet.
    Last edited by Laserman; September 16th, 2021 at 10:17 AM.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Otherside Picnic had it's fair share of creepy moments, though I only watched the anime earlier in the year. Not so much ghosts though as urban legends.
    Otherside Picnic's anime was shit.

Trust me, read the manga. It's a wholly different experience, it's actually scary, the art is fantastic, and there's a lot more detail.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So I've heard. The anime did manage to bring attention to it though, so it served it's purpose I guess.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    What the fuck does "a take" even mean in this context
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    I'm guessing a message the author wants to convey. Calling messages conveyed through fiction takes is a bit weird, but I think I got the meaning
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Exactly this. The author is always conveying a message no matter what.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I still say that there's things that exist without one. But I will admit that might be just because the creator fails at showing it. Like most of the books I've read by Simon R Green.

If you think a work doesn't have a take/message, that's because you already accept that message as a given. This extends to creators as well because they can also be unaware of what message they're sending.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    See, that's just stupid. In order for a story to be told, storyteller and audience need to share certain common values and axiomatic truths. You can't tell a story about the Trojan War without an understanding of monogamy, for example. Cherrypicking one of those and calling that a "take", a message conveyed from the author, when the author themselves isn't aware of it, is asinine.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Hey, what's the take in Bleach? More new characters trumps existing character development? Damsels in distress can be any gender? Military autocracies are bad? Unless you beat 80% of them then use them to fight Nazis and Cannibalistic Furries? All you have to do to get better is have a guy crave open your chest on first meeting?

Like Naruto is about breaking the cycle of familial grudges, and One Piece is about finding family in the ones around you. But Bleach never really felt like it had a theme. Unless you count the cheesy 80's theme, I guess.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Hey, what's the take in Bleach? More new characters trumps existing character development? Damsels in distress can be any gender? Military autocracies are bad? Unless you beat 80% of them then use them to fight Nazis and Cannibalistic Furries? All you have to do to get better is have a guy crave open your chest on first meeting?
    The OG monster of the week Bleach was about the monstrous nature of grief and how to move on from the deaths of people close to you.
    How to put the dead to rest/SPIRITS ARE ALWAYS WITH YOU
    The other Arcs are like you say, a mess. Though I'm sure someone who who cares enough could put something together.

Anyway,
    I was looking for something to read today and came across The Hunters Guild: Red Hood.
    There are currently only 11 chapters translated. It is a Jump manga and I think this could be the next popular shounen manga.
    It's like D.Grayman but Brother's Grimm instead of Christianity.
    Last edited by You; September 18th, 2021 at 07:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

'You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory' ResidentSeagull's Avatar
    A comprehensive guide to living in the Balkans: Step 1) Leave
    Anyway,
    I was looking for something to read today and came across The Hunters Guild: Red Hood.
    There are currently only 11 chapters translated. It is a Jump manga and I think this could be the next popular shounen manga.
    It's like D.Grayman but Brother's Grimm instead of Christianity.
    I'm also reading it. I like it a lot so far, but for some reason I'm afraid that it's gonna get cancelled.
    I guess it's my lingering PTSD from what happened to Phantom Seer.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Red Hood has a lot of great panels and imagery, here's to hoping for its success.
    canon finish apo vol 3