Page 387 of 441 FirstFirst ... 287337377382385386387388389392397437 ... LastLast
Results 7,721 to 7,740 of 8802

Thread: What are you reading/watching? AKA Anime/Manga General

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Back in those days it was far rarer for adaptations of long-running manga to get a second season, so anime-original endings were much more common.
    Speaking of Blue Exorcist, damn, Chapter 131(?) is taking way too long to get released.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    There's a reason the phrase Bones ending exists. Blue Exorcist, Full Metal Alchemist, Soul Eater, Ouran Host Club, and probably some others I don't remember.
    Was this actually exclusive to Bones?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post

Was this actually exclusive to Bones?
    Not exclusive, TvTropes has giant section on what they call Gecko Endings, but Bones got associated with it because in the early/mid 00's they did it for a bunch of popular unfinished manga adaptations.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

If you can't handle that, then you really should drop it, because JJK gets so much worse than that.
    Eh, I don't know. Like the idea that Yuji had 2 options being get killed or help them and get killed at the end is very interesting to me. And the curses are pretty cool, so I'm going to keep reading it for now.

There's a reason the phrase Bones ending exists. Blue Exorcist, Full Metal Alchemist, Soul Eater, Ouran Host Club, and probably some others I don't remember.
    Oh, right. At least Full Metal Alchemist got another anime.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

I hope with the interest in Fire Force that Soul Eater might get a new anime.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I hope with the interest in Fire Force that Soul Eater might get a new anime.
    Soul Eater: Brotherhood?

Wyrd oft nereš unfǽgne eorl, žonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Eh, I can't say I cared enough for the post-anime Soul Eater stuff to see it animated in a Brotherhood style.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    Eh, I can't say I cared enough for the post-anime Soul Eater stuff to see it animated in a Brotherhood style.
    That was some of the better Soul Eater shit IMO. Definitely better than the Bones ending.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Soul Eater: Brotherhood?
    Yup.

Wyrd oft nereš unfǽgne eorl, žonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Did a re-read of "Golden Kamuy" and am now sufficiently caught up.

I won't go into the comparisons with the anime adaptation since I did that a few days ago elsewhere. Phew, it certainly feels like a massive milestone has been reached now that SPOILERWilk and Kiroranke driving the story have died and I'm genuinely unsure as to where the story will go next. I will say, I absolutely love how Ogata went from a faceless grunt antagonist of the first arc to becoming the Char to Sugimoto's Amuro. Their foreshadowed final showdown is honestly more enticing to me than the idea of anyone getting the gold at this point.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Digimon Adventure 02 Episode 37-38
    With Shakkoumon on their side, they put up a better fight against but it took Azulongmon showing up to finally stop BlackWarGreymon. Learning about how Dark Masters sealed him and how the Control Spires were weakening him was interesting too.
    It was nice seeing everyone having their Digimon be sent to them for Christmas in the next, but the ending surprised me. I didn't think that they could make Control Spires and Digimon appear all over the world.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Well, Blue Exorcist finally released a new chapter yesterday of all days, and it was quite a chapter.

Spoiler:
    The thing that stood out the most to me was Lucifer outright proclaiming Satan as the Creator of all before asking him to destroy both Assiah and Gehenna and create a new world for demons in their stead. It seems to be confirmation of the idea seemingly hinted in earlier revelations about the Grigori and Demon Kings that Satan actually created everything, and that He is God as well.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Watching Kemono Jihen, I realize that the Japanese language is truly a wonderful thing. The same words can have completely different pronunciations, despite also meaning basically the same thing. For example 屍鬼 can be pronounced Kūrā https://kemonojihen.fandom.com/wiki/Ghoul but also Shiki: https://shiki.fandom.com/wiki/Shiki

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Also, like Vampire the Masquerade and Overlord, vampire origins seem to involve some version of the Cain and Abel story: https://shiki.fandom.com/wiki/Abel https://whitewolf.fandom.com/wiki/Caine https://overlordmaruyama.fandom.com/wiki/Cainabel
    Watching Shiki right now, Sunako appears to be just over 100, which is rather young for Kindred. Also, she's basically Caitiff. The lack of experience and education would account for the haphazard manner of her operations.
    Last edited by LegalLoliLover; April 4th, 2021 at 02:26 PM.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Finally got around to watching the second Thunderbolt Fantasy movie, good stuff. Though man was Sho Fu Kan out for blood this time.

- - - Updated - - -

Pleasantly survived the blue girl lived.
    Last edited by Rafflesiac; April 5th, 2021 at 12:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Digimon Adventure 02 Episode 39-43:Palindramon Digivolving to Imperialdramon was so cool.

I thought it was kind of funny how he just grabbed Triceramon so easily.
    Spoiler:

And it was pretty convenient that they all could ride him around the world to send Digimon back to Digital World and destroy the Control Spires. Unfortunately, that meant there was no one left to defend Japan... And a bunch kids went missing. As soon as the Digi-Destined came back, they had to deal with the Daemon Corps and the older kids Digimon had to be sent back to Digital World because they were getting. But not before they and the other Digimon gave their remaining power to Imperialdramon and he transformed to his Fighter Mode and beat SkullSatamon. I think I'll watch Revenge of Diaboromon soon.
    Last edited by Laserman; April 6th, 2021 at 12:00 AM.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Finished the 2004 Tetsujin-28.
    Imagawa does it again. What a madman. This is a masterpiece. The characters, the plot that unfolds, the mysteries and their answers. Great use of setting it in the post war period (1955, to be exact) Everything is so great. This was a great remake of the granddady of mecha (the original show existed at least 10 years before Mazinger). That was a great watch. Man, I love Imagawa
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Digimon Adveture 02 44-47: So it was the Dark Spore that made Ken so evil, smart, and good at sports. And it did the same thing to those kidnapped kids. The one girl kicked a cat in a her way, called her parents insects, it's all happening to them just like it did to him. It was nice seeing WarGreymon again since he had to try stop BlackWarGreymon in the real world. Imperialdramon even showed up too and grabbed him in his hand. He's just so big. I know who's behind everything, I just don't remember how it all works. But BlackWarGreymon's words to Oikawa and what he saw gives me a pretty good idea.

Man, BlackWarGreymon was just trying to figure out why he was created and his purpose in life. He might have been made from Control Spires, but he had a heart and a soul like any other living being. And the very last he did with his remaining power was shut the gate at Highton View Terrace. He gave up his life to do that. I wish it didn't have to be like that. It would been nice if he survived all of this and really got to be friends with everyone. If I play any Digimon games in the future, I'm going to make sure to get a BlackWarGreymon now.

I'm up to Volume 8 of Blue Exorcist too. In the scene where Todo grabs Yukio, the anime had what happened be like this quick thing I think. But it the manga, it's lot more clear. I remember saying after the scene in Kyoto Saga, "I thought we left this behind in the last anime", but I know what I saw. I just hope wherever this goes with Yukio, it's better than how it did go in the original anime.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Watched Tetssujin 28 The Lingering Moon of Midday. Nice movie. A good bonus for the 2004 show set in an AU where some characters play different roles. Still kept the spirit of the show with drama focused around the consequences and scars of war and a good mistery. It was fun
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    So I got around to watching the Tanya movie (which was dubbed into everything but English) after binging the series a couple weeks ago. It felt like a movie, very little character moments. Which is a bit of a downer because there are a few really good jokes in there, like the bit where everyone is happy to finally be out of the desert, only to be smash cut to them being shoved into Russian winter. I just wanted more of Tanya's action saddling her with dangerous work, or normal people's reactions to how fucking crazy she seems.

I didn't know Studio Nut was the ones who animated the show and movie, but now Deca-Dence makes so much more sense.

7/10, about on par with a MHA movie, although it feels like the things that happen here aren't going to be sent to the filler dimension, since Pedo as a new antagonist combined with her new assignment feel like pretty big changes to the status quo.
    Iirc the Tanya movie is a direct sequel following the LN, so no, not filler at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    Watching Kemono Jihen, I realize that the Japanese language is truly a wonderful thing. The same words can have completely different pronunciations, despite also meaning basically the same thing. For example 屍鬼 can be pronounced Kūrā https://kemonojihen.fandom.com/wiki/Ghoul but also Shiki: https://shiki.fandom.com/wiki/Shiki
    I completely forgot Kemono Jihen got an anime lmao
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

I finished Digimon Adventure 02. I think I get why people don't like the ending to it. It's pretty anticlimatic and I have mixed feelings with the scene of all of the Digi-Destined 25 years later. But, it was pretty fun though, I just like the first season a lot more. Next, I think I'll watch Revenge of Diaboromon, and then all of the Tri movies before Last Evolution Kizuna.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I completely forgot Kemono Jihen got an anime lmao
    You know, the super recent one? In terms of Overlord, whenever I feel even the slightest bad about the Workers being sacrificed for Ainz's plans, I just go watch Shiki, then I read the comments on Shiki videos on YouTube with the jackasses saying some filth about the dead "belonging in the grave". Suddenly, I don't feel the least bit bad about the losers who still need to breathe to move around.