Page 373 of 373 FirstFirst ... 273323363368371372373
Results 7,441 to 7,450 of 7450

Thread: What are you reading/watching? AKA Anime/Manga General

Wyrd oft nere unfǽgne eorl, onne his ellen dah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The anime is a wreck, just read the manga.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    The anime is a wreck, just read the manga.
    I'm aware the anime diverges from the manga at around the Zagan arc (in particular the "fallen Alibaba" storyline is entirely anime-original to give a more satisfactory climax for the season), and is unpopular by some for that reason. But from what I've heard season 2 is a much straighter adaptation that doesn't really digress from the source-material, so that wouldn't be a problem going forward. That's just assuming you're talking about the anime-only content as a reason why it's a "wreck" and not something else entirely, of course. If it's something else I'm curious why you'd say so, since as a first-time viewer I thought the show was quite good.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Finished S1 of Magi. It was a fun show but hoo boy, the ending took a turn for the nonsensical. Trippy flashbacks that make no sense, confusing fantasy terminology thrown around without context (who/what is "Alma Torran"?) new characters we've never seen before who only appear for like ~5 seconds... I don't know if it was any clearer in the manga but this was a bit of a mess.
    S1 finishes with Alma Torran? It's either an anime original scene you're not getting context for until waaaay in the future or this shit is astoundingly rushed.
    The anime never adapted the ending btw, so you're going to need to go to the manga eventually. Alma Torran is the worst btw so get ready once you move on to the manga, luckily you can binge read now since it's all out.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    S1 finishes with Alma Torran? It's either an anime original scene you're not getting context for until waaaay in the future or this shit is astoundingly rushed.
    The anime never adapted the ending btw, so you're going to need to go to the manga eventually. Alma Torran is the worst btw so get ready once you move on to the manga, luckily you can binge read now since it's all out.
    No, the term is just mentioned out of context, hence why it makes little sense. I found out from reading up about the series that "Alma Torran" is the name of Solomon's original kingdom in Magiverse, which kind of makes more sense, but that's not at all made clear in the show itself. "Anime-original scene without context" sounds like you pretty much nailed it.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    On a more positive sidenote, this show's view on fate is quite interesting. In trying to fight against fate you actually get obsessed by it, whereas by accepting fate and just living your life you can be free. It's an unusual take that I don't recall seeing in any series before, anime/manga or otherwise. More commonly you get shows where "fighting fate" (damn the costs) is treated as an unequivocal good thing.
    That's basically the moral of Oedipus Rex. If they had just let thing alone, nothing would have happened, but by fighting it they set up their own downfall.

Gundam-a-thon Status: 0079 Zeta ZZ Char's Counterattck War In the Pocket F91 Stardust Memories Victory G Gundam Wing Endless Waltz 8th MS After War X Turn A SEED 00 Unicorn AGE Reconguista The Orgin Thunderbolt IBO

DONE!!!!!! 4 years, 1 week.

Bonus Rounds: Gundam-san Escalflowne Build/Try/Divers

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    That's basically the moral of Oedipus Rex. If they had just let thing alone, nothing would have happened, but by fighting it they set up their own downfall.
    Well, the idea of self-fulfilling prophecies is pretty common in ancient myth (the story of Perseus' father was quite similar). Usually though it's sort of unclear because if the prophecy is truly absolute, you'd think it'd come true whether one tries to thwart it or not. On the other hand, perhaps it's precisely because you're the sort of person who'd try to avoid it that the prophecy even exists. If you just didn't care (and hence wouldn't take the necessary steps to fulfill it), such a prophecy would never be made in the first place. In any case, I hadn't seen that kind of moral delivered so clearly before.

Blog Entries
    Still watching Magi. Have to say, I'm kinda' shipping Kougyoku x Alibaba more than Kougyoku x Sinbad at this point. Her feelings for Sinbad are basically a schoolgirl's first crush (she even admits she didn't know anything about him when she "fell in love" with him) while with Alibaba she has a genuine friendship and some things in common. Those scenes were he was complimenting on her flower-crown weaving were super cute too. Though the show's kind of teasing at an Alibaba x Morgiana pairing (albeit so far it seems limited to one-sided crushing on Morgiana's part), so it might go that direction instead.

Beats By Matthew ft. Dr. Para Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I can't believe that Moeha's going to help Kei set up a premium Snapchat.
    Supports:

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Kei falling to the dark path was amazingly hillarious. DIO knows what the market wants.

"An ideal is only an ideal after all. As long as you embrace that ideal, the friction with reality will continue to increase. So you will someday face reality and will have to pay for your compromises"

Wyrd oft nere unfǽgne eorl, onne his ellen dah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So...I bought "The Nerima Daikon Brothers: The Freshly Grated Musical" in a bargain sale a while back on a whim and only got around to watching it now...I ended up binging the entire show in one day.

DAMN this show was good. Basically The Blues Brothers meets the Animaniacs complete with random breaking into song and everything. Not only that, this was back when dubs actually tried a damn and so the musical numbers were dubbed as well. EVERY SINGLE ONE. Hell, I'd even go as far as to say this is one of the rare times when the dub can be considered superior.

Nabeshin really hit it outta the park this time. And of course being one of his animes he cameos yet again with his red suit and afro - this time as the Rental Shop guy who loans the heroes the MacGuffin each episode in exchange for only a song. "The Rental Song" is probably my favourite of the musical numbers too.

GOAT anime. 10/10. Wish it was more than twelve episodes but then it's better to left wanting more than to be err... I forgot how the phrase goes. :/