Page 422 of 441 FirstFirst ... 322372412417420421422423424427432 ... LastLast
Results 8,421 to 8,440 of 8801

Thread: What are you reading/watching? AKA Anime/Manga General

AMAIM Warrior at the Borderline Episode 18-19:
    Spoiler:
    Episode 18 has Yusei return after Part 1. It turns out he didn't sell out Yatagarasu when he had the chance and he's asking them for help again with another sanctuary. Since the NAC's territory has been expanding it's in danger in being in the crossfire of a battle. The best parts were when they managed to beat those AMAIM's with copies of Ghost's AI and Amou just crying when he met that baby at the end and him deciding to be more open with his friends again.

Episode 19 has to do with Yatagarasu trying to throw a surprise party for the AI's that are so good at finding things out. But the ending has the boss talk with least several high level people in the Eurasian, Oceanian, and Asian military. How did he set up that meeting and why is my question?

I also watched the two new My Hero Academia OVA's.
    The baseball one was pretty fun. Gang Orca and Shishidou took that way too seriously lol.

The Mr.Smiley one was the one I liked better of the two. The way his Quirk is, whenever he decides to activate it, when he smiles as long as you see it, you'll be be laughing for 2 hours. And it work if you the see his reflection or from a live video, just as long as it's happening in real time. Seeing all of these characters that I never thought I would see laughing was so funny. I liked both of the OVA's, they were great.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    Also, unless there's a twist ending, from what I can gather, the ending is going to be too "clean", given that the cost of resurrecting every human is the sacrifice of every vampire. Onvitaikayan scumbags still trying to resurrect their lost dynasty... Wait, I went off on a tangent there.

Basically, it's like the author felt that the story would go on for too long and thought "let's end it as abruptly as possible".
    Well, I bet the light novels that they made along side the manga be important to the story, (one of which isn't even available in English), didn't help either.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

AMAIM Warrior at the Borderline Episode 20:
    Spoiler:
    The Asian, Eurasian, and Oceania blocs approached Yatagarasu about forming an Alliance. The 3 three blocs want to join forces open a specific part of Japanese land and give it it's own sovereignty, calling it New Japan in response to the NAC claiming more territory. Of course, Amou, Gashin, and Shion weren't right on board immediately. Like who wants to be given back just a piece of something that is rightfully yours that was taken from you by those some people? But it's a step foward to getting all of Japan back, so they agreed in the end. Brad's father wasn't happy about it, so he tells German to use whatever methods he can to break up the coalition.
    Spoiler:

I didn't think that Amou would meet Alexei face to face though, and then there was that conversation they had, he just had to ask that question to him. Right at the end though, the NAC wanted to hold a meeting in Tokyo with the NJCO about the situation and Captain Brad wants Amou to attend it.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

AMAIM Warrior at the Borderline Episode 21-22:
    Spoiler:
    So while Amou and Alexei are at Tokyo, the person who is supposed to be mediating the meeting is shot by the guy Brad had met before. So of course, both of them are being held as suspects/for their safety. It's only after a certain point, that they're told they're going to be detained when the NAC decided to fight against the NJCO. The Asian military was getting pushed back until, Gashin shows up with Jogen and it's newest upgrades, a shield and a Gatling gun.
    And my reaction to what it did to that huge number AMAIMs from the NAC is the as the guy who saw his forces get decimated. Jesus.

At the end of this episode, Brad gives Amou and Alexei along with his men, a keycard to sneak out of the hotel. And at this point, I still can't tell what he's planning.

The next episode has the two of them trying to the meet-up point for the NJCO to pick up them, but the NAC has sent a huge number of their forces after them.
    Reiki is the one show off it's upgrades, longer, more powerful wings, missiles, a new arm gun and stronger naginata, it was so cool.

Unfortunately, Eiji died in battle helping Alexei's second in command. The damaged AMAIM he was in just blew up while he was about to get out of it. He was hurt from an earlier attack, but he might have been able to have been saved.

Spoiler:
    It's also just a shame it took this long for Reiki and Jogen to get those upgrades. The show is almost done, that should have happened in like episode 15, like how other mecha anime do mid-season upgrades. It's just ridiculous.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

マリーの味方

wish

AMAIM Warrior at the Borderline Episode 23:
    Spoiler:
    Everyone is reeling from Eiji's death but they don't have time to mourn. The NAC is gathering their forces to attack the NJCO and there's only a 45% chance of victory on the NJCO's side. Misuzu's is making a new AI for the fight, but it's still going to be tough.

Mr. Dialo found out where German has been hiding and sent his men after him. He not only betrayed Tryvecta, but also Ares too, some of his men got killed in that attack, so it makes sense he'd want to take him down. Unfortunately, he managed to rig the security cameras to allow himself to escape, but they have to get him.

Brad had any copies of Ghost's data deleted besides the one inside the AMAIM while the other ones he's commanding will more powerful AI's in them too. Why is he doing this?

The last two episodes of the anime are going to be the final battle. I guess this really will decide the outcome of the war. It's a shame this anime doesn't have more episodes, I've really like it.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    What a fantastic chapter of Chainsaw Man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

AMAIM Warrior at the Borderline Episode 24:
    Spoiler:
    The battle against the NAC begins pretty well. Amou, Gashin, and Shion all have their own unmanned AMAIM teams that their AI are leading while they fight alongside them.

But that all changes when Ghost shows up again in the finished Brady Phantom, piloted by Brad.
    The 3 of them planned on taking Ghost on together like before, but the NAC is purposely keeping them away from Amou, they can't help him.

Amou asks him if he was responsible for the attack on Tryvecta, and Brad definitely doesn't know anything about it, but he pretends to, just make Amou fight him. And worse is, he's taken off pretty much every safety precaution that the Brady Phantom has just to improve the AMAIM's performance. Sure, it's definitely as terrifying as it was before, but Ghost didn't have a pilot in the old AMAIM it was, so it could fight as hard as wanted to. But Brad's in there and he doesn't care if he's dies in the battle.
    I just don't get it. Why is he doing this?

Spoiler:
    German actually shows up at a place overlooking the whole battle, only to be confronted by Dialvo. I'm not sure how that situation to end, besides the fact I definitely don't want that man to get away again.

Alexei's AMAIM got an upgrade too, but once again it happened so late...
    While the fight between those two is still going on, the NJCO starts to take some losses to the NAC.
    And just when Amou gets Kenbu's sword back after loosing it while fighting Brad and just when he's about to reach his limit, the AMAIM shuts off at the end of the episode and Gai isn't responding to Amou.

The next episode is the last one, and I almost don't want to watch it because I don't want it to end, I really like this anime.

Last edited by Laserman; August 17th, 2022 at 12:42 AM.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Finished Bastard!! on Netflix. Pretty fun show and Dark Schneider himself made for a wickedly charismatic lead. I like that he actually showed a vulnerable side and needed help sometimes rather than being a badass male power-fantasy 24-7. Yoko was also a likeable heroine in how snarky she could be at how ridiculous her life was.

However the dialogue for everyone but Darsch himself (who had by far the greatest lines in the show, I wanted to watch in part to hear his iconic "There is an invariable rule in men's battles," quote against Di-Amon) was pretty weak with a lot of repetitions of "immense power" and suchlike. I almost laughed when Sean Ari's reason for defecting to Darsch's side (after being wooed by him, of course) was because (summarized) "He's so strong, like seriously you guys, we have absolutely no chance of beating him," when he was in the middle of losing a fight and had to be saved from becoming a handsome stone statue. Like I get she was just rationalizing her crush but at some point the constant power-level hyping gets laughable, especially when it's in place of more nuanced dialogue.

And I can really see this is an olde shonen with how after freaking attack exchange the peanut gallery has to chime in and describe what just happened, even when it's something incredibly basic like blasting lightning or flying. I know a lot of anime are like that to some degree but it really made some fights slow to a crawl. Lastly I presume there'll be a Part 2 on Netflix sometime as that ending was a cliffhanger that resolved very little.

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Yep. Bastard has 2 cours planned. And the 2nd part is coming in 9/15
    Now for what I came here
    I've been going through all of Garo (live action and anime), so now I completed a show I orginally dropped:
    Garo Crimson Moon. It was pretty mediocre and really a weak anime entry in a lot of ways.Lots that could've been done better (seems it was a victim of MAPPA's overproduction problems with this show being rushed as hell while the team that did Honoo no Kokuin worked on it's movie Divine Flame), but it wasn't so bad as to force me to skip it- Not something I'd reccomend watching if you aren't a Garo maniac going through literally everything, though. I can only hope the movie sequel can have at least better production
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

I finished AMAIM Warrior at the Borderline. It was a very good show from the beginning to the end. If you watch a mecha anime, I'd definitely recommend it. I just wish it were longer than it was.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Oshi no Ko is great aaaaaa

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    So, I got to Garo Usuzumizakura (the movie sequel to Crimson Moon) and wow, this is exactly what I hoped it was, compellling, good production, and fun to watch. A marked improvement over the TV show. A shame Crimson Moon is still so goddamn mediocre but this movie is great. The best part is that the story feels standalone and easy to understand even if you skip over the TV show because you can't put up with how mediocre it is. Pretty good

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Ranger Reject's popping off hardcore again, D's a real joy of a protagonist.
    canon finish apo vol 3

I started watching the second season of Tiger & Bunny and I finished the first two episodes.
    Spoiler:

It's so great seeing them all again after so long and the new faces too.

The anime starts with Barnaby being held by two NEXT before it goes to show how it happened. The heroes now have the Buddy System in place which partners them with another hero that was inspired by Kotetsu and Barnaby. Origami Cyclone is with Rock Bison, Sky High is with Fire Emblem, Dragon Kid is with one of the new heroes Magical Cat, the other two new heroes, Mr. Black and He is Thomas are with each other and Blue Rose is with Golden Ryan who actually came back after the events of the second movie.

Agnes gained weight after the second movie, like I thought I was seeing things or they animated her wrong, but Golden Ryan brought it up and everyone told him to be quiet, it's just so random and funny. Aside from the amazing first scene with them all together, the first episode had them deal with a NEXT that could stop anything if it got too close to him. With his powers, he can actually stop a person's heart from beating. It took Kotetsu and Barnaby's teamwork to take him down.

The second episode had to do with Subaru/Mr.Black and his troubles. He has a problem with Barnaby because of his reason for becoming a hero. He was part of a 3 man hero group before coming to Sternbild and he isn't happy with the way it looks like the heroes there are only in it for the fame, or for himself considering he has the lowest ratings out of all of the heroes. He nearly got fired because of it.

So to try and get his ratings up, he blew a undercover operation and almost got Origami Cyclone hurt in the process.

It turns out the bad guy in this episode had to shrink things, and that was how he was able to get away with his crimes.

Oh, and Hyper Good Luck Mode is so cool.

Yuri asked both Kotetsu and Barnaby why they're still continuing to be heroes after everything. Kotetsu said that despite the fact that he can only use his power for 1 minute, he wants to be a hero for as long as he can. And Barnaby still feels some hate and anger even after bringing Maverick to justice, so he believes that continuing to be a hero will one day free him of that.

The episode ends with those guys from before just after attacking more heroes, showing that they have Ouroboros tattoos on them.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Oh, I had no idea Ryan was a movie character. I just assumed he was a new face since there were 3 other new faces along him.

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Oh, I had no idea Ryan was a movie character. I just assumed he was a new face since there were 3 other new faces along him.
    He was introduced in the second movie, Tiger & Bunny: The Rising. It's a fun movie, and it takes place right after the first season.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

That shudder when Kana goes on-screen. I love these kids so much.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    I shudder in fear of what casualties Ruby the Showbiz Devil will accept in her quest for vengeance. Everyone else is just so uncomfortable.

Kurokawa's Boyfriend in shambles though, what a great moment.
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I just really like Abiko and don't want Ruby to hurt her.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Aka does not approve of unpaid Kana NTR doujins.

Next chapter's looking exciting.
    canon finish apo vol 3