Page 371 of 441 FirstFirst ... 271321361366369370371372373376381421 ... LastLast
Results 7,401 to 7,420 of 8804

Thread: What are you reading/watching? AKA Anime/Manga General

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Just be sure to tell her that the black and white in the Gunbuster finale is supposed to be there, and not something wrong with the copy you're watching.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    It was a whole lot more expensive to make it that way. A way to make up for Evangelion 25-26, maybe.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by the god of world-0 View Post
    Gonna start a Marathon of the Top wo Narae! series (Gunbuster + Diebuster) with my girlfriend. Another step into my longterm plan to turn her into Mecha/Gainax trash like me. So far she liked Gurren Laggan and loved FLCL, but got too weirded out by Eva (she admitted that it's a good show, but couldn't bring herself to enjoy it), so I am hoping this goes good since Diebuster is like, one of my favorites shows of all time and it's ending is most definitely my favorite moment in any anime ever, so I will be pretty sad if she hates it or something.
    Diebuster has the GOAT ED
    Gunbuster is good but, much like Seinfield, hasn't aged well at all because all its themes (then original and groundbreaking) have been done to death since
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I always but Diebuster's OP well above it's ED. Groovin' Magic is amazing.

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Diebuster has the GOAT ED
    Gunbuster is good but, much like Seinfield, hasn't aged well at all because all its themes (then original and groundbreaking) have been done to death since
    Then again, while i do agree that Diebuster's ending is God tier, it only works because it builds on Gunbuster's original excellent ending.

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    I always but Diebuster's OP well above it's ED. Groovin' Magic is amazing.
    FACTS. Groovin magic is absolutely and utterly based

everything by round table is, but groooooooooooooooooooooovin magic especially so.

Blog Entries
    Oh, god. She cried. This is very unprecedented.

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Fate / White Memoria

So the Kimetsu no Yamba: Demon Slayer anime pretty much ends at the beginning of volume 7 and that's up to where I've read so far. The art can look good in some places and be so simple in others, I don't know why they do that.

Urokodaki's techiniques have 10 forms. Giyu made the 11th form himself, and only he can do that technique. Man, he's so cool. The 12 Kizuki are divided into upper ranks and lower ranks, with the strongest being upper 1 and weakest being lower 6. Rui was just upper-5... Demons in the lower ranks only have a number on 1 eye, upper ranks have them both of them and they look down on the lower ranks. And this confirms what I saw in the anime, Muzan can read the thoughts of the demons he gave his blood too. If he can see them, he can read their minds. Even far away, he can discern their location. That's why he says he's always watching, because he is in a sense. Fortunately, he can't track Nezuko anymore thanks to Tamayo, so the Demon Slayer headquarters is safe. Man, this is stuff I would loved to have known before.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Blog Entries
    If she loves FLCL and Gurren Lagann, she should eat up Diebuster with a spoon. Gunbuster might be a harder sell due to the dated animation and way, way less in the way of hijinks.

I'm curious to hear what's next in the rotation. Big O is probably too far afield from what you've been showing her so far, but it's such a good show. I recommend it as often as I can.

I'm also big on RahXephon, but that may be a no-go if she didn't enjoy Evangelion.

Some of the Getter OVAs like New and Armageddon might be slightly more in her lane due to how over-the-top they can be as visual spectacles, but they're a lot more mean-spirited than FLCL and GL.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You
    when all the evils have given up their waifus, all the greats have left for med school, and there are no more at least 3 day battles to be fought what is left is

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

that is what is waiting for you at the end of schadenfreude

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by the god of world-0 View Post
    Oh, god. She cried. This is very unprecedented.
    Which time? Gunbuster or Diebuster? Gun hits because it's fresh, but Die hits harder because you just went through a whole series and still are concerned about the OG cast. It gives me flashes of F/SN's final epilogue.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Which time? Gunbuster or Diebuster? Gun hits because it's fresh, but Die hits harder because you just went through a whole series and still are concerned about the OG cast. It gives me flashes of F/SN's final epilogue.
    Diebuster, though she was affected by the gunbuster ending.

Anyway, Final results: success! She liked it a lot! Although FLCL is still on the top of her list overall, she said this is a close second (she counts both series as one thing, which is weird to me, but I guess that's because of how she experienced it).

I don't know what is next, but I was thinking of something more hard sci-fi to see how she reacts. She surprisingly showed interest in full metal panic, of all things, so maybe that?

Fate / White Memoria

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You want hard scifi? Then it's hard to go wrong with Planetes, IMO.
    Last edited by aldeayeah; May 19th, 2020 at 11:23 AM.
    don't quote me on this

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    If you're still trying to ease her into mecha, maybe try Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet.

Or go full 180 and try G Gundam for hard Shounen.

Or Escaflowne for Shoujo/Fantasy. (and hook noses)

Blog Entries
    Kakegurui and Kakeguirui xx were my kind of trash. It's essentially Shokugeki no Soma with gambling instead of cooking. I loved the running joke of Yumeko dismissing Midari as less than nothing. MAPPA really knocked it out of the park with this show's crazy faces. I'm even more excited for the announcement that MAPPA is handling Jujutsu Kaisen.

I also watched Goblin Slayer recently, which is another series that knows exactly what it wants to be and more or less tells the same "joke" over and over again. Goblins are a blight upon civilization. Goblin Slayer goes out to kill them and does it in some clever way while GS or a party member reflects on the neverending nature of his quest. It was growing pretty thin by the end of the season, though the entire farm mission was actually pretty great. I guess I'm board for the Goblin's Crown movie now. The GS formula isn't necessarily bad. It just wore thin on me faster than Kakegurui's over-the-top gambling faces. I'm sure that says something about me.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You
    when all the evils have given up their waifus, all the greats have left for med school, and there are no more at least 3 day battles to be fought what is left is

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

Blog Entries
    World Trigger has been pretty fun so far. I like the power system and the versatility of the Triggers, even the seemingly vanilla ones. Osamu is a great spin on the standard shounen hero, being an untalented nobody who has to get by on tactics and planning more than raw power or heroic lineage or big heroic second winds to protect his friends. Yuma's an interesting foil with all of his combat prowess and experience as a child soldier, his legendary father, and his sassy streak. In any other manga, Yuma would be the powerhouse lead, and Osamu would be the nerdy sidekick who stands around on the sidelines commenting on most of the fights. Which they still do, to a certain degree.

I just finished up the big invasion arc, and now we are moving into the rank wars, which feels like a bit of a non-sequitur. We just had this big, knock-down, drag-out fight with the first major enemy faction, and now we're going into a glorified training arc/pissing contest to see who is the best in Border. I don't hate it. It just feels like a weird tone shift.

I get it, of course. The Tamakoma team needs to move up the ranks if they wan to go on these off-world expeditions. I hope the manga gets real weird with these Neighbor worlds.

It feels like Ashihara is playing a giant game of dominoes with so many different combat teams and their overlapping history of connections, rivalries, mentorships, etc. I wonder how many of them will be one-off roadblocks for the heroes as they climb the ranks and how many will become reoccurring supporting characters.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Any good recs for a werewolf-themed manga or anime other than Sirius the Jaeger? (Nothing against it, it's already on my Netflix list.) I'll take anything, from actual horror to "the werewolf thing is little more than a shounen-style powerup".

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Any good recs for a werewolf-themed manga or anime other than Sirius the Jaeger? (Nothing against it, it's already on my Netflix list.) I'll take anything, from actual horror to "the werewolf thing is little more than a shounen-style powerup".
    Is the "wolf" part essential here? Because Bungou Stray Dogs has the lead character a weretiger, with many of the same tropes (including transforming under moonlight and angsting over his bestial instincts).

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    How far do you need to go to be "Themed"? Princess Ressurection has a werewolf wandering biker/ bodyguard for a main character, along with a Phoneix, a vampire and with other supernatural critters filling out the monster of the week roles.

Or there's Dance in the Vampire Bund, which is basically about vampires coming out and the werewolf who's the bodyguard/childhood friend of the Vamp Princess. Also the anime is done by SHAFT.

Or if you want the trashiest of trashy fun check out Killing bites, which is basically furry Battle Royale. MC is a badger but there's all sorts there.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    WOLF

GUY

WOLFEN

CREST
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    huehueheuheueheuehueeuehueh
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty