Page 362 of 441 FirstFirst ... 262312352357360361362363364367372412 ... LastLast
Results 7,221 to 7,240 of 8802

Thread: What are you reading/watching? AKA Anime/Manga General

Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    I never bought into that meme and never will.

Smol is best, big is also best but not as best.

- - - Updated - - -

I meant Ougi. Who's Mirror?
    Oh, mirror is what I thought Ougi was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    tfw no Fate/One
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    How do I get into type moon.

watch prisma illya. If your amused or aroused, keep going.

if you are disconcerted or want to call the FBI, run away
    Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    Curse those 15 year old girls *shakes fist angrily*

Blog Entries
    So is mangastream dead? It's dead, right?

Mangadex is where it's at (unless you're reading a licensed series)
    tfw no Fate/One

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Toa of Gallifrey View Post
    Mangadex is where it's at (unless you're reading a licensed series)
    Of course I only cared about the licensed series since it was easier than using a vpn to read official releases, and to go read them in the store I have to put on pants lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Of course I only cared about the licensed series since it was easier than using a vpn to read official releases, and to go read them in the store I have to put on pants lol
    A MangaPlus (or whatever service it was that killed MS) ripping group will probably crop up soon, if it hasn't already. Also, I deeply relate to that reason for not going to the story.
    tfw no Fate/One

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Drunk KnK thoughts:

-More than the blood play in the start of Murder Speculation 2, what really tips you off that Shiki is fucking nuts is the fact the foot of her bed is against the wall, instead of the head. Seriously WTF?

-Also, who's the blood fountain outside the Ryougi property that convinces Mikiya that Shiki's the killer? I'll buy Lio doing that shit close to home because he's jealous, but the stump is gushing like a Tarantino movie, so that's fucking fresh, and who in their right mind takes a moonlit stroll down the garden path of a Yakuza family? And if it's one of the Yak's, why dosn't Papa Ryougi seem to care at all?

-Holy fuck. I love Touko, but hot damn is hair down Touko from the first half of part 3 really gunning my engines. Thank god she's not in FGO or I'd have no money.

-I think I've narrowed down why Hollow Shrine is my favourite part. It's the fact it's the most mechanically revealing part. 1, 3 and 5 are action set pieces, great but there for spectacle. 4 is the one where they start to explain what the fuck is happening and you start to learn some of the mechanics involved and you can start seeing the possibilities that will be cashed in on in later parts. 2 and 7, while character driven are focused around how Mikiya see's Shiki, while 4 is pretty much the only time we're given develpoment from her PoV, because it's the point she actually requires help to accomplish things.

-Never noticed it before, but when Tomoe kills his parents in the first few minutes of Part 5, there's no blood on the knife, even though he then proceeds to pull out intestines.

-The biggest tragedy of Paradox Spiral is that it's part 5/7. You need to see at least some of the previous parts to get a grasp of what's going on, but it has the best direction, editing and story of all the parts. So many slick scene transitions and visually interesting montages. So much foresahdowing o0f themes. Even the split narrative, which reminds me of a time travel story from other sci-fi, where you see one half and then flashback to the beginning to see what the support side was doing while the MC's were being badass, giving exposition and purpose to the action in the first half. It's just such a shame that it comes four hours into the storyline of KnK. It's akin to showing someone Empire Strikes Back first of all Star Wars. It's great, but needs 3+ hours of setup to get the full context.

- Oh, Oblivion Recorder. Stop trying to mke Azaka a thing.

-Ah, yes. Kurogiri Satsuki, the most Welsh name ever. Damn it, they just had a guy named Cornelius in the last part. Couldn't Nasu at least pull out a Waver or Luvia for this one?

-Watching all these in a row I can see why they changed the sex assault/prostitution in part 6 to drug abuse. Having both this and part 3 be about sexual assault would feel derivative. Even if the source of it is different, and the effect as well, constantly having rape as your instigating event would eventually lead it to feel normalized. It's already become the go-to for modern isekai anime, to make you despise early to mid-tier antagonists (something which they have no control oer, being ten years after the fact), but still a little diversity in scumbags is necessary.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    -More than the blood play in the start of Murder Speculation 2, what really tips you off that Shiki is fucking nuts is the fact the foot of her bed is against the wall, instead of the head. Seriously WTF?
    Oh... yes. Totally, only crazy people do that.

*Looks at the bed nervously*

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Drunk KnK thoughts:

-Also, who's the blood fountain outside the Ryougi property that convinces Mikiya that Shiki's the killer? I'll buy Lio doing that shit close to home because he's jealous, but the stump is gushing like a Tarantino movie, so that's fucking fresh, and who in their right mind takes a moonlit stroll down the garden path of a Yakuza family? And if it's one of the Yak's, why dosn't Papa Ryougi seem to care at all?

-Holy fuck. I love Touko, but hot damn is hair down Touko from the first half of part 3 really gunning my engines. Thank god she's not in FGO or I'd have no money.

-I think I've narrowed down why Hollow Shrine is my favourite part. It's the fact it's the most mechanically revealing part. 1, 3 and 5 are action set pieces, great but there for spectacle. 4 is the one where they start to explain what the fuck is happening and you start to learn some of the mechanics involved and you can start seeing the possibilities that will be cashed in on in later parts. 2 and 7, while character driven are focused around how Mikiya see's Shiki, while 4 is pretty much the only time we're given develpoment from her PoV, because it's the point she actually requires help to accomplish things.

-Never noticed it before, but when Tomoe kills his parents in the first few minutes of Part 5, there's no blood on the knife, even though he then proceeds to pull out intestines.

-The biggest tragedy of Paradox Spiral is that it's part 5/7. You need to see at least some of the previous parts to get a grasp of what's going on, but it has the best direction, editing and story of all the parts. So many slick scene transitions and visually interesting montages. So much foresahdowing o0f themes. Even the split narrative, which reminds me of a time travel story from other sci-fi, where you see one half and then flashback to the beginning to see what the support side was doing while the MC's were being badass, giving exposition and purpose to the action in the first half. It's just such a shame that it comes four hours into the storyline of KnK. It's akin to showing someone Empire Strikes Back first of all Star Wars. It's great, but needs 3+ hours of setup to get the full context.

- Oh, Oblivion Recorder. Stop trying to mke Azaka a thing.

-Ah, yes. Kurogiri Satsuki, the most Welsh name ever. Damn it, they just had a guy named Cornelius in the last part. Couldn't Nasu at least pull out a Waver or Luvia for this one?

-Watching all these in a row I can see why they changed the sex assault/prostitution in part 6 to drug abuse. Having both this and part 3 be about sexual assault would feel derivative. Even if the source of it is different, and the effect as well, constantly having rape as your instigating event would eventually lead it to feel normalized. It's already become the go-to for modern isekai anime, to make you despise early to mid-tier antagonists (something which they have no control oer, being ten years after the fact), but still a little diversity in scumbags is necessary.
    Huh, congrats on managing the marathon I suppose.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I literally fell asleep during the end credits of part 7. Just made it.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Watching Future Gospel back to back with the normal KnK films really brings out the issues with it. Aside from the ufotable character designs softening up over the years, it's the little things about it. Mifune looks like an average everyday city, not the decaying husk of the originals. Maybe it's because everything happens in broad daylight, instead of dead of night. The story also feels more like three separate parts, rather than an interconnected narrative about the perils of predestination. The Shiki bits seem really disconnected, an inital event, super bare bones flashbacks treated as an afterthought and right to final confrontation.

The final segment is basically the opposite though. It's plausible that after ten years the city started to turn around, and the characters looking different can also be chalked up to ten years difference. The only problem with it is that it's pure fanservice, with no real plot. Since the climax happened at the end of the second segment there's no spectacle, all the worldbuilding was taken care of by Touko and Mikiya in the cafe section, and being a time skip there's no real character development through the story and more as a showcase about how they developed off screen in the meantime. It's basically a denouement that lasts a third of the run time. Yakuza boss Ryougi, Bomberman becoming a children's author, and SHIKI having a sendoff are all great bits, but small parts of a lackluster whole.

Blog Entries
    holy fuck Kanata no Astra is fucking great

that plot twist...
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, it was a fun ride. One of the better ones this year.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    Top 5 of 2019 tbh

or i dunno actually tb even more h, i dont remember what aired in 2019 anymore

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Boogiepop, Kaguya-sama, Fruits Basket, and Carole and Tuesday came out this year. Other than those nothing really noteworthy.

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Symphogear, Granbelm, Dororo, Endro, Mob Psycho S2, Kotobuki, Wataten, Bungo S3, Million Arthur S2, Bocchi, Machikado Mazoku, SAO.
    These are my personal favourites that you guys haven't mentioned. I'll agree with Kaguya-Sama, Boogiepop and Astra. I've left some out, but I didn't want to fill the list too much
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    Oh yeah, Dororo and Mob 2 was this year. Also Beastars, Kimetsu no Yaiba, Vinland, Yakuneba, Bandori S2. Guess the year was pretty decent.

didnt watch boogiepop cause i bought the LNs, i’ll watch it when i finish those.

I guess the peak of 2019 for me would be like... Kaguya-sama, Mob 2, Carole&Tuesday, Beastars, Yakuneba, Bandori 2, Astra.

Putting sequels aside, my favorites were Sarazanmai and Bocchi. Still have yet to finish Dororo, Beastars or C&T
    tfw no Fate/One

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Just finished both seasons of Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere. Can be hard to get used to the massive cast and weird setting at first, but once you understand what's going on (no shame in using wikis to make some terms clear) and can get into the narrative, it's incredibly fun and great.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Yugioh Vrains Episode 59: This was a recap episode, but there were some new parts. The Knights of Hanoi are back, and they freed one of their members that was locked in a super-max prison by hacking everything in there. After that, all they had to do was just get them and walk out.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Blog Entries
    speaking of Astra

Spoiler:
    It's literally Posadism.
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.