Page 375 of 441 FirstFirst ... 275325365370373374375376377380385425 ... LastLast
Results 7,481 to 7,500 of 8802

Thread: What are you reading/watching? AKA Anime/Manga General

マリーの味方
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    What part specifically? The whole thing with Silver Chariot? Diavolo not booking it because Trish called him a little bitch? Giorno's ass pull power evolution at the end? Diavolo's constant torment being even worse than Kars becasue at least Kars eventually stops feeling at all? All of the above?
    Pretty much all of the above, yeah.

Spoiler:
    Diavolo felt threatening during his initial reveal but ended up being such a pushover in the final confrontation.
    Silver Chariot Requiem was similar: I was so goddamn hype during the reveal and then all it ended up doing was... walking. While having a bunch of nonsensical abilities. Goddamn that was a emotional cockblock. Almost as much as Polnareff becoming a fucking turtle.

I also didn't like Part 4's ending too much but it was at least better than this. Despite my opinions of each part I honestly think if I ranked the endings it'd be done sequentially, Part 1's ending was kino.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    The protagonists of both Part 4 and Part 8 are called "Josuke Higashikata" hence my question.
    Really? That's surprising.

I don't know anything about the manga though so you know which one is my boy.

- - - Updated - - -

Parts: 4 > 1 > 5 > 2 > 3
    Endings: 1 > 3 > 4 > 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>...>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 5

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    Another one for Josuke. Hes great.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    Really? That's surprising.

I don't know anything about the manga though so you know which one is my boy.
    To cut a long story short, Part 6 is actually the end of the original JJBA with Part 7 onwards being a continuity reboot going back to the 19th century with a fresh new Jonathan Joestar (called "Johnny" for short) who also befriends an Italian man named Zeppeli whilst having a rival called Diego Brando.

Similarly, Part 8 jumps forward to a reimagining of Part 4 with an amnesiac man waking up in the town of Morioh after an earthquake who takes the name of "Josuke Higashikata" (different kanji for Josuke so it's only confusing in English) whilst he searches for clues to his identity.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    I've always had a soft spot for Jonathan; I liked how he was earnest and a genuinely sweet guy, it was endearing to me.

I don't remember if I talked about Part 5's anime here, but I was very impressed with what I saw, considering its reputation of being weak I've seen charged elsewhere. Honestly feel it may be the strongest anime adaptation part for me.

Also putting respect to Yugo Kanno's name for his score since Part 3. I loved Taku Iwasaki's for the first two parts, but Kanno's is just as good if even better.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Isn't the protagonist of part 8 called Joshuu Higashikata?

Anyway, whatever his age, Joseph is the best JoJo. As for the best part, I'd say it's 7, with 2 and 3 being close seconds, and 3 and 7 are tied for the best endings.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    No. That is another character within the Higashikata family.

Also not to be confused with Jobin Higashikata from the same Part.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Anyway, whatever his age, Joseph is the best JoJo. As for the best part, I'd say it's 7, with 2 and 3 being close seconds, and 3 and 7 are tied for the best endings.
    Nah, Joshuu is a minor rival character Josuke meets in the Higashikata household. Does this really look like the face of the main protagonist?

- - - Updated - - -

Ninja'ed

Joshu Higashikata is the character that has a crush on Yasuho.

Blog Entries
    Also, for which parts/JoJos are the best, I'd go with 2 and 4 so far (having only got up to part 5 at this point).

Battle Tendency is a tremendously fun and propulsive action-adventure story and where a lot of JoJo's defining aspects really kick in, like the clever tactical fights and overall bizarreness. It suffers a bit from the weakness of Joseph being the only one who can really do anything important, to the detriment of side-characters (Caesar gets one major fight against Wamuu and dies, Lisa Lisa gets hyped for the whole part as incredibly strong but gets backstabbed by Kars after an incredibly anticlimactic "fight" so Joseph can save the day). But that's not so grating since Joseph is very likeable as a main-character, and the part's very tightly focused narrative means there isn't really time for detours (like in part 3) where side-characters can get more of a chance to shine.

Diamond Is Unbreakable is pretty much the opposite of BT in that respect since it's the most meandering part by far, with no clear goal in reach for a good part of the story. But it makes up for it in having one of the fullest narratives where you really get to know the characters involved, rather than feeling like just a collection of cool fights loosely strung together (which part 3 and to a lesser extent 5 suffered from at times). It's more of an acquired taste since some people would get annoyed by the lack of focused plot, and even I got exasperated by some of the episodic storylines that felt like they were trying way too hard to be funny and quirky (Harvest Part 1 was a drain to get through, since I HATED Shigechi early on and found the comedy involving him incredibly cringeworthy), but overall I enjoyed getting to see so much of the town of Morioh and its various eccentric denizens. This part is also where Stands start hitting their full potential, having unique and bizarre abilities as opposed to the more stock Shonen ones (super strength, fire-control, etc) they had through most of part 3.

Of course, take my rankings with a grain of salt since I still haven't seen all the parts yet. I've heard part 6 is quite good and 7 is a masterpiece, so I'll see how I feel about that if/when it gets adapted.

Blog Entries
    @Royd

Y'know, reading your thoughts for Part 4 made me realise what it is about Part 8 that I find so wonky... and that it's because it's kinda sorta Part 4 but backwards. I'll try to avoid spoilers to explain:

The first half of Part 8 has a very clear set of goals - Josuke needs to find out who he is and track down the person responsible for leaving him for dead. Arc by arc he gets closer to those two things until he finally achieves both of them at around the halfway mark of the story. But after that? It's a lot of meandering around with some loosely connected plot threads introduced in the first half of the Part. It's very painful that what appears to be the main antagonist of the Part was only just introduced just before the apparent climax.

Of course, I'll wait until it's over to give my final judgement but this is my assessment of the story so far.

--EDIT--
    Also, the sheer number of dropped plot points and characters either because Araki changed his mind mid-story or plum forgot also makes Part 8's story suffer pretty bad.
    Last edited by Skull; July 22nd, 2020 at 08:09 PM.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Anyway, whatever his age, Joseph is the best JoJo.
    I don't know, Part 4 Joseph is just a doddering old man, who contributes nothing to the story, and makes you dislike him in hindsight for constantly screwing around on Suzie Q over the years. He was so dedicated to cheating that he even slept with a Japanese woman, when he hates the Japanese.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    I don't know, Part 4 Joseph is just a doddering old man, who contributes nothing to the story, and makes you dislike him in hindsight for constantly screwing around on Suzie Q over the years. He was so dedicated to cheating that he even slept with a Japanese woman, when he hates the Japanese.
    "Constantly screwing around" and "so dedicated to cheating" is a bit of an exaggeration. Sure he did sleep with Tomoko, and it was likely more than a one-night stand given she still has some feelings for him (unless Joseph is just that much of a charmer), but there's no indication he makes a habit out of it. Really it's hard to even say what the deal is with her, given we never get the backstory behind how they met. I also read a somewhat heartwarming fantheory once that the reason Joseph stopped his Ripple training and let himself age normally is that he felt guilty for how his youthful appearance let him attract much younger women, and wanted to grow old properly with Suzie Q.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Just binged the God of High School webtoon up to the end of Episode 5, and all I can say is
    Spoiler:
    fuck Mubong Park, fuck Mandeok Sang, and why must good people suffer?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Will watch Goblin Slayer movie tomorrow. Today a more important movie got subs. Shinkalion's movie
    That was great. Loved every second, and that message at the end leaves me with hopes that this isn't the end for Shinkalion. I need more. The shinkansen never stops!
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Said I'd watch Goblin's Crown today, and I did. Entertaining movie. Feels in lots of ways like a longer episode of the show, so it's neat if you want more GS anime. Hope for an S2 someday. That said, it seems they glued a whole recap episode at the start, with the recap segment even labeled as special episode, like lots of recaps. So, that whole part at the beggining is skippable. You can start watching from the point the recap reaches the party at the end of the show and miss nothing.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    Still watching JoJo with my dad. He actually guessed Dio's true power was time-related (as opposed to teleportation or similar) just from the book scene. Pretty impressive for someone with no prior JoJo or even anime knowledge. On the other hand, he also said that Iggy will definitely live to the end no matter what, so he'll be in for an unfortunate surprise in a few episodes...

JP Friend Code
    500595933 | 紅 (pm)
    Finished Hayate no Gotoku, everything, from anime to manga.

the parents are really scumbags, aren't they

And
    last chapter spoiler about Hina
    Hinagiku "lost" for the first time, and confessed, but it seems Hayate refused, eh?

and
    last bonus chapter
    Maria is older sister from another mother?! the Ayasaki father is reaaally a scumbag

if I had to follow this manga for 13 years it would be kinda pain the neck to wait for next chapter, Hata Kenjiro really did prolong this story a bit too much. But I still kept reading without being bored.
    Chaldea Heroes

Personal skill
    Quote Originally Posted by GundamFSN View Post
    Nikiri has what I dub Blessings of the Boobs, see. As long as what his rolling for has two conspicuous mountains, they'll come to him one way or another.
    Quote Originally Posted by GundamFSN View Post
    Well, fine. Nikiri has this thing called 「我が往くは爆乳の彼方・・・!」
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikiri View Post
    GundamFSN. Thank you.

Just before rolling I said 「我が往くは爆乳の彼方・・・!」

First ticket. Da Vinci-chan NP2.

I finished the first volume of Spy X Family. I think it's pretty good so far, and I can see why it's gotten so much praise. I also started reading Black Butler again from where I left off, at Volume 17.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikiri View Post
    if I had to follow this manga for 13 years it would be kinda pain the neck to wait for next chapter, Hata Kenjiro really did prolong this story a bit too much. But I still kept reading without being bored.
    Yeah, it was a thing. Especially with how many times the characters repeat the same arcs, or nothing happens for a whole chapter but puns. Like I love a good pun, but try to at least have some development there. Character, Plot, even a really really good joke.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.