Page 405 of 441 FirstFirst ... 305355395400403404405406407410415 ... LastLast
Results 8,081 to 8,100 of 8804

Thread: What are you reading/watching? AKA Anime/Manga General

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Temflakes403 View Post
    Why are you taking this so seriously?

- - - Updated - - -

And 13 years is pretty fucking new.
    Eva was 13 years old back in 2008. Amuria's definitely old now. It's older than goddamn K-on. Sure, you can say it's new from the PoV of the medium's history, but for lots of fans who refuse to watch anything from before 2010 because "too old", 2008 is definitely old. And I take it seriously because it should. There's no good reason to spread fake info. Imagine a flat earther going "why are you taking this so seriously"? Or a kid who said 2+2=5 and tells their teacher "why so serious?" when the teacher corrects them.
    Why do you hate learning and being corrected this much?
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    I then ask you why do you love being such a pedantic asswipe with a stick up your ass?
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan
    Welcome to BL, new user. Don't forget to fate/stay mad

Bercause misconceptions is how shit like the "SAO is bad and no one can like it if they've good taste, so it's OK to insult fans and force our views on them" happens. 3D, like SAO, is one of those things everyone has assumed is "bad" as a fact without much thinking. Just bunch of sheep agreeing and attacking anyone who disagrees (not saying that an attack on 3d fans happened here. But I've seen the mindset of 3D bad lead to bad shit elsewhere), so I feel I need to clarify things because I don't see dislking something as a free card to throw around ignorang comments and generalizations. Or what?, if someone dislikes anime, is it OK for said person to say all anime is tentacle rape lolicon hentai?. You can still dislike CG while acknowledging it's use in anime is not that modern or that it's not all the same
    Last edited by bassgs435; November 29th, 2021 at 09:32 PM.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Dude, comparing it to SAO does not help your point.

Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    There are some good looking 3D anime. Ajin is not one of them.
    For the time, it was one of the better ones. It's been blown out by later shows, but comparing it to the stuff that came before it was leaps ahead.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Tem, please use MOST instead of ALL when talking about anime and add "imo" after every sentence, lest bass might pop a vein.

US Friend Code
    It's not exactly anime but it's anime adjacent, I've been reading the Re:Zero LNs the last week or two. I really enjoyed both seasons of the anime when they were airing and decided to dive deeper into the series. It's good stuff, which I think the popularity of the anime can attest to lol.

And it's like the only big isekai series that isn't "gamey" with characters having in-universe stat sheets and levels and stuff, which imo makes it worth checking out on its own even outside the quality.
    Last edited by Reign; November 29th, 2021 at 10:31 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    Tem, please use MOST instead of ALL when talking about anime and add "imo" after every sentence, lest bass might pop a vein.
    Thing is, everything I said was either "I don't meld with it", "I don't like it", or "I don't care about it".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    It's not exactly anime but it's anime adjacent, I've been reading the Re:Zero LNs the last week or two. I really enjoyed both seasons of the anime when they were airing and decided to dive deeper into the series. It's good stuff, which I think the popularity of the anime can attest to lol.

And it's like the only big isekai series that isn't "gamey" with characters having in-universe stat sheets and levels and stuff, which imo makes it worth checking out on its own even outside the quality.
    I remember keeping up with the first season after getting bombarded with ads for it in free crunchyroll, when I still used the thing. Never did stop to watch the second one though. I enjoyed it, at least.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bassgs435 View Post
    Or what?, if someone dislikes anime, is it OK for said person to say all anime is tentacle rape lolicon hentai?.
    I think this'll be the last time I talk to you since I don't see any interaction with you being productive or enjoyable. But by god, I should've just glanced over that wall of verborrhagy so that I wouldn't be forced to read an argument this asinine and strawman.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    This is actually one of bass' more hinged rants, and I don't think a slight change in adjectives and adding qualifiers will soothe his rage. It definitely did not work for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post

https://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthrea...t-Novel-Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Or what?, if someone dislikes anime, is it OK for said person to say all anime is tentacle rape lolicon hentai?
    No, it is not.
    You make sure to say the second part before the first person can. The small circle of boomers chuckles at your incredible wit and offer you the promotion. gg
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    While I generally don't watch anime that uses it heavily wasn't Beastars generally agreed to have pretty good 3D animation?

Blog Entries
    I think so. Not a furry, so can't confirm.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Dude, comparing it to SAO does not help your point.

Thanks for being one of the examples of what I mean with misconceptions leading to shitty sheep mindset. SAO is good in my eyes. The SAO bad circlejerk is nonsense. It's one thing to dislike SAO. It's another to act like SAO bad is a universal fact

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Temflakes403 View Post
    Thing is, everything I said was either "I don't meld with it", "I don't like it", or "I don't care about it".

- - - Updated - - -

I remember keeping up with the first season after getting bombarded with ads for it in free crunchyroll, when I still used the thing. Never did stop to watch the second one though. I enjoyed it, at least.

- - - Updated - - -

I think this'll be the last time I talk to you since I don't see any interaction with you being productive or enjoyable. But by god, I should've just glanced over that wall of verborrhagy so that I wouldn't be forced to read an argument this asinine and strawman.
    No. You said 3DCG was this new bad thing that's all the same. A single new bad "style", and kept saying I'm wrong somehow for correcting you on that. How is it an strawman to compare your misinformed generalizations of 3D to misinformed generalizations of anime as a whole?
    In the end, both cases are someone ignorant (you yourself admitted to be ignorant when you said you don't watch much anime) acting like a bunch of different shows are all the same and bad
    And yes, a change of words'd do nothing here as the facts are wrong and presenting facts as opinion doesn't make them right. If I say, imo Shiro Emiya is blonde I'm still wrong regardless of me saying it like an opinion. Shirou factually has red hair
    Last edited by bassgs435; November 30th, 2021 at 06:57 AM.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    No, it is not.
    You make sure to say the second part before the first person can. The small circle of boomers chuckles at your incredible wit and offer you the promotion. gg
    The truth is that tentacle rape lolicon hentai is the pinnacle of the medium.

Accept this and you will be set free.
    Last edited by Petrikow; November 30th, 2021 at 06:35 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Been enjoying reading through Oshi no Ko

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for being one of the examples of what I mean with misconceptions leading to shitty sheep mindset. SAO is good in my eyes. The SAO bad circlejerk is nonsense. It's one thing to dislike SAO. It's another to act like SAO bad is a universal fact
    Hey man if you like a show chock full of attempted rape, God Mode SI, terrible world mechanics, and a large subcast that does nothing at all, you do you. Just don't expect people to see these things and point them out.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    I tried to watch SAO for the music, but it failed, and Kirito's loner schtick at the beginning just turned me off. Watching Mother's Basement tear the show several new assholes made me glad for my decision.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

LMAO. Keep proving my point. Mattias, you're literally lying. Like everything you said is wrong. So utterly wrong. Just lies the anime community spreads and we're suppossed to accept as truth. People point out nothing. It's all a dumbass hate cult, no better than the anime only misconceptions and lies against Shirou Emiya.
    And lol, Mother's Basement. He's a liar. Trusting his videos is stupid. If you dislike SAO, fine. But don't fall for the dumbass lies of an asshole with a hate boner. His videos are full of lies and misconceptions. He's as reliable for SAO as a flat earther is a reliable science source. You can dislike the show without spreading lies or acting like you need to force this meme that it's the worst sht ever. In terms of rape, I don't see how it's so wrong to use that as a villain or drama tool. Full Metal Demon Muramasa is seen as one of the best VNs ever (I agree) and it has full rape scenes almost every chapter.
    Seriously, people. Just say you dislike SAO and move on. There's nothing wrong with saying SAO is good. Did you know? In Japan they don't care. A new Vtuber in a big company had no problem or shame with listing SAO alongside Shingeki, and Kimetsu among others in her list of favourite anime in her debut today
    And the SAO train keeps going because there are enough fans supporting the story in different forms despite what the vocal internet critic hatebase would want. Maybe thinking SAO is good is not the big sin people want to make you believe it is? Maybe SAO isn't as flawed as asshole critics like MB desperately want to act like it is?
    The criticism against SAO are "all anime is degenerate hentai" level of wrong. Just groupthink that people have convinced themselves is true when there's lots of holes in it when you watch the show with an open mind
    Now that I've said my piece, I'd prefer if we abandoned all discussion of SAO. It won't go anywhere good or civil and it'll be a cycle of "you're wrong. SAO shit" "no, you're wrong. SAO great (only probably longer posts, but the corre'd be this)"
    Last edited by bassgs435; November 30th, 2021 at 02:52 PM.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    You don't know anything about SAO or Mother's Basement firsthand, but

Did you know? In Japan they don't care. A new Vtuber in a big company had no problem or shame with listing SAO alongside Shingeki, and Kimetsu among others in her list of favourite anime in her debut today
    why is this part relevant to anything? What exactly are you trying to argue with "other people feel differently from you"?

SAO is.... alright. When it's being a shounen action show it can be pretty good, bit edgier than the norm but that's not a bad thing. Its worldbuilding is quite poor though, and I think that's why the likes of Digibro and Mothers Basement shat on it so much, since they're majorly into worldbuilding.

Personally I'm not a big fan of how the harem elements were handled, it just kinda feels weird to give a guy a harem after putting him in a mutually monogamous relationship. That and the imouto's plotline in the Alfheim arc is my most detested storyline type, so I'm a bit biased there.

I do really love the GGO spinoff though. Llenn a cute.