Page 382 of 441 FirstFirst ... 282332372377380381382383384387392432 ... LastLast
Results 7,621 to 7,640 of 8804

Thread: What are you reading/watching? AKA Anime/Manga General

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    His father not coming back in the series is the most baffling thing in your post, just due to how silly and pointless it is to include it in an already packed film.

Amuro finds him when they go to Side 6. He's there, crazy due to oxygen depravation and living in a garbage dump. He gives a piece of junk to Amuro as if it was a super upgrade to the Gundam, then Amuro leaves him there.
    As they leave Side 6, the movie shows him crazed as he cheers the Gundam on in the battle that's being televised. He then falls down the stairs, presumably to his definite end.
    It's just... So weird. I would understand it if at least this was the moment Amuro found out he's the one who "killed" his father. But he never does.

I'm still going to watch Zeta just because I want to see what else is there in the franchise and eventually get to Turn A, but this was a rough start.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    tbh as a longtime fan myself, it better off to start Gundam with the well-received ones and standalone like Gundam 00 and Iron-Blooded Orphans.

A lot of OG Gundam's success feels like owe to being a novel-take on the giant robot genre and fairly realistic war in anime for its time.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Watching the better standalones was probably the best choice, but I just really want to see Turn A because I like the mecha design and that one girl's drill hair, and I'm the kind of person that likes seeing things in the order of release and can't stand missing the in-narrative references.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It's a little weird that you went with the movies then, since there's going to be a bunch of reference from the 50 episodes seasons that they're going to leave out for time, but will keep being meme'd forever.

It is a much more concise experience, and not everyone has the time for 723 episodes plus however many movies, but it loses a bunch of the charm. You don't start caring about Four or Ple until you've seen them just dick around for a few episodes then them being shoved into this death machine actually make you care, rather than "Oh hey, it's that person I met five minutes ago, there's no way I can kill them". Granted I don't even know if Four is in the Zeta movies, and people who skip ZZ (because no movies there) would have no idea who the hell Marida is when Unicorn comes around.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I imagine you're referring to a bunch of future characters there, but my plan was never to go ahead by watching only recap movies. This trilogy was the only one I was going to watch anyway because it's the only one people praised. And I don't particularly care about memes since I don't interact much with the anime community anyway, even less so with specific fandoms outside of this place.
    Last edited by pinetree; December 31st, 2020 at 04:42 PM.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Granted I don't even know if Four is in the Zeta movies,
    She is, but unlike the TV show she dies for real in the explosion after helping get Kamille back into space instead of inexplicably surviving somehow in the TV anime, thus her screentime and effect on the plot is drastically reduced.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Strike Witches Take Off TV and OVA done. Low as hell production values , but very hilarious parody for any SW fan. Can't wait to watch the World Witches continuation that starts in the winter season. I coudln't stop laughing with every episode
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    I imagine you're referring to a bunch of future characters there, but my plan was never to go ahead by watching only recap movies. This trilogy was the only one I was going to watch anyway because it's the only one people praised. And I don't particularly care about memes since I don't interact much with the anime community anyway, even less so with specific fandoms outside of this place.
    Fair enough. Though I wasn't thinking of online memes so much as fandom one's since a bunch of the secondary series (like Build Fighters, the weird SD series, and the gundam version of Carnival Phantasm) are all about that stuff. Sure almost no one is going to start with them, but you never know.

Also, I decided to watch Outlaw Star while waiting for new years. I think I finally realize that the reason I like Hilda so much is she has the same English VA as the Major form GitS.
    Last edited by Mattias; January 1st, 2021 at 01:04 AM.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    oh lol that manga

Kouhai has been, is, and will be robbed.
    Glad at least some people appreciate kohai was best girl
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Started to watch Warlords of Sigrdrífa.
    Not sure what to expect, but war, military, relatively modern setting, SoLs, and cute girls; so far it hits all my tastebuds.
    Last edited by Spartacus; January 3rd, 2021 at 05:23 AM. Reason: t

I finished rewatching the first season of Digimon two days ago. I thought it was a lot longer, but it turned out to be only 54 episodes. I forgot things like Matt and TK's parents being separated. or Izzy being adopted and how that would effect them on them journey in the digital world. It was nice seeing how they all became better people because of their adventure with their digimon. It was very good, and I'm excited to start season 2.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Okay, Warlords of Sigrdrifa.

First of all, the good things. The four main characters' developments are done well, as they are loveable enough for me to care about them. Animation is great, fight scenes are great, and most moments didn't fall flat nor overdone. Emotional moments regarding them are all done nicely.

It has things that could be improved of course. The main antagonist is barely explored, despite it is thematically interesting in my opinion (a deity that refused his mythological conclusion and wants to redo the final battle again to prove that wrong), I say he is really the weakest aspect of the show. Removing my bias about knowing the Mythology beforehand aside, the plot twist that the world didn't remember Norse mythology ended up means nothing at all. And the rest of the subplots could be interesting if they explored them, like with the dead Sakura girl, the missed opportunity to revive the big sister as an undead plane, or anything regarding Claudia and Odin's relationship.

There are things that I neutral upon. For example, using the 20th century or below planes instead of jets, because I find that doesn't matter at all when all of them are magic planes, we can change how they look and operate, it will be pretty much the same. I mean it's a show about girls in miniskirt flying an airplane... And I suppose none of the major characters except the big sister died is pretty much expected from the writer of Re:Zero.

Despite the negative contain more words, I think it's an average show that lean more to the good side rather than the bad side.
    Last edited by Spartacus; January 4th, 2021 at 09:28 AM.

I finished volume 8 of 7th Garden and I can't believe the author decided to suddenly make a whole new manga after that last part. This makes me so mad.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Elaina is great and I extremely biased.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Bought Legend of the Galactic Heroes novels this week. Can't wait to read it.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    Bought Legend of the Galactic Heroes novels this week. Can't wait to read it.
    That reminds me, I have six of them so I should just get around the getting the others so I can read it all in one go.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I just remembered never finished that second season of the Die Neue These.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Watching Record of Grancrest War, and I must say, one heck of a find.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Aqua you asshole.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So I watched Angel Beats! on Netflix over the last week or so. First time experiencing any of Jun Maeda's work and I have to say I found it pretty enjoyable. A very creative fantasy premise (I mean, teenagers in the afterlife waging war against God to protest their unfair lives isn't exactly something you see everyday) with enough mystery to keep me curious what happens next, fun quirky characters (TK's Engrish was a joy in any scene he appeared in) and a good mix of frenetic action and character-development. I have to say though that this show proves I'm not really the target-audience for tearjerkers. I enjoyed the show but none of the tragic scenes made me more than slightly misty-eyed.

Also the romantic subplots were really blatantly rushed. Not to spoil, but both the main pairings by the end got very little foreshadowing and felt like they jumped from tentative friendship (or foe-yay style bickering in the first case) to "tearfully proclaiming our undying love" jarringly fast. Probably just a symptom of how the latter half of the series was rushed in general though, since execs didn't give Maeda as many episodes as he wanted to tell the story.