Page 400 of 441 FirstFirst ... 300350390395398399400401402405410 ... LastLast
Results 7,981 to 8,000 of 8802

Thread: What are you reading/watching? AKA Anime/Manga General

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, there are definitely people who stayed the MCU with Endgame. I'm not saying that's a bad thing either, just that you shouldn't consider the series complete until you've seen it all. Or given up on it, that can also happen especially if there are super rough patches in it. Like the start of Jojo.

It's a bit like a video game. You can play it until it bores you, finish the main story, or complete it 100%. And if you do either of the first two, you can always go back and do more, and if you did the third, you probably enjoy it enough to go again from the start.

Long running series are tricky though. They have to make it appealing enough to new people, but also cater ro the old fans too. Which is why Gundam and Jojo constantly shifting settings works so well.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Phantom Blood was not a rough patch, and I will fight anyone who suggests that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

I read the first volume of the Mars Red manga.
    Spoiler:
    There are some differences like how some of the vampires are more monstrous with a lot more fangs, or like the how the story itself started. For example, it begins at the earthquake before flashing back to the beginning of the story. Yamagami had a child, that was something not in the anime. Him and Kurusu were actually in Siberia when I don't know if it was their unit, but two vampires broke of confinement, 1 Unranked and 1 S-Class and the S-Class looked like one of those shark vampires. Defrott also used some kind of hypnosis on Shirase when they first met.

Kurusu's side of his throat looked like it tore out when they were moving them. By the time the story starts, Romeo and Juliet is already being advertised instead of Salome and Misaki is also not show either. Oh and here, Kurusu actually manages to say goodbye to Shirase just like Yamagami did with his wife. The young soldier that was with Maeda wasn't in here either and Maeda himself doesn't make that many appearances in this volume. Nakajima said he was willing to make a deal with the devil in this and I wonder if he said that in the anime too.

Takeuchi is a D-Class vampire, Suwa is C-Class. which was surprising to me since I thought he was at least B-Class. It ends with Suwa coming back to the play after watching a play and identifying Defrott as an S-Class Vampire. It ends with Suwa coming back to the play after watching a play and identifying Defrott as an S-Class Vampire.
    Last edited by Laserman; October 15th, 2021 at 08:25 AM.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Finished reading the Arrancar Arc of Bleach, and I must say, the whole thing felt quite well-paced, and no fight truly dragged, even if I do think some of the tactical decisions by many of the characters kinda sucked, especially Gin's. Now I'm excited to see how I view the Lost Agent/Fullbring Arc with my current perspective. I was quite a different person 5 years ago when I first read it, and my perspective when reading has altered quite a bit.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Also, I admit to absolutely adoring those after chapter side/gag stories and Kubo's sense of humor in those, especially with that one side-story involving Kon and Jinta ruining a soccer game.

Finished the Lost Agent/Fullbringer Arc in Bleach again, and I must say that upon a second read, it's actually not a bad plot on its own or as a Bleach arc, but when Kubo-sensei said that this would be the arc where Chad gets some focus, that didn't happen, and it definitely failed for that. Still, the Fullbringers were mostly quite interesting, the character interactions were pretty good, and though this holds for most of Bleach, I read closely enough to see the surprising amount of depth in Ichigo's character that I missed in my first read. He may be one of the Big 3 Protagonists, but he certainly subverts many Shonen protagonist tropes.

Also, five years ago, I considered this whole arc a waste of pages and an asspull that undercut the ultimate sacrifice Ichigo made to defeat Aizen, but considering all that Kubo revealed about reiryoku and what losing it really meant, I realize he's been entirely consistent with his application of getting one's reiryoku back, and honestly, people should have seen this coming, since there were many plot points that were not yet addressed by the end of Deicide.

Onto the Thousand Year Blood War, and who knows how I'll see it now?

Reading the Thousand Year Blood War arc, and did anyone else get the sense that Äs Nödt was a survivor of the initial Auschwällen, and Ywach took pity on him and gave him a Schrift? It makes his fear of Ywach extra fucked up IMO.

Not exactly sure, since Uryu surviving that is supposed to be a big deal.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman View Post
    Not exactly sure, since Uryu surviving that is supposed to be a big deal.
    I think Uryuu was special because he wasn't affected at all and kept his power and life. It took Kanae 3 months to die as well, so maybe Äs Nödt hung on for longer than expected.

Watched Seven Deadly Sins: Cursed by Light yesterday. It was fine, all things considered, and functioned competently enough at wrapping up the loose ends the manga left. Still, I wish Elizabeth played more of an active role in the climax of the film.

Yugioh Vrains Episode 113-116:
    Spoiler:
    Roboppi would of beaten Soulburner if it wasn't for him malfunctioning near the end of duel. With him gone, Ai's is now truly all by himself. After that Soulburner challenged Varis twho came for Ai's location to a duel to settle the score between them.

Soulburner won. He freaking won.

I still can't believe Soulburner beat Varis, that's nuts. That would be like Joey beating Kaiba, it's just not happening.

Unfortunately, since that was Varis' last duel, I won't get to see him duel Playmaker one last time, Rival vs Rival, or this thing
    Spoiler:

ever be animated going up against Firewall Dragon Darkfluid, which is a crime.

It's almost the end of the show when the other series lasted about 150 episodes...
    Last edited by Laserman; October 18th, 2021 at 12:20 PM.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

I watched Digimon Tri Movie 4: Loss yesterday.
    Spoiler:
    So Himewaka was a Digi-Destined that lost her Digimon and she wants to see them again, that's why she's with the bad guys

So Himewaka was a Digidestined that lost her Digimon and she wants to see it and that's why she's with the bad guys. They wanted the reset to happen so all the Digimon that were lost could come back since apparently if a Digimon is destroyed outside of the Digital World, it's gone for good. But the reset would restore them back.

After meeting up with their Digimon in their In-Training stages, the Digi-Destined and their Digimon just clicked together despite the Digimon's memory loss. Well all of them besides Yokomon and Sora. Even after Digivolving with the rest of them, Biyomon still didn't want anything to with Sora. They all got separated because of Meachinedramon's attack, but Sora managed to meet with Meiko who came to the Digital World somehow who met up with Meicoomon again.
    T.K. seeing Elecmon again in the Digimon village was nice even if they couldn't remember each other.

The whole group managed to meet up again, but not before Gennai sent Machinedramon along with MetalSeadramon after them again.

The problem was their Digimon couldn't Digivolve until Tai and Matt got swept under the water by MetalSeadramon. To save them Agumon and Gabumon Digivolved to their Mega forms and beat MetalSeadramon just like before.

And it took some time, but Biyomon managed to accept Sora as her partner and having her risk her life for her let her Digivolve to Phoenixmon. (They probably decided to not use Hououmon because of the name similarity to a certain other fire bird.). But with help from HerculesKabuterimon and Seraphimon, (Which came out of nowhere, totally not earned at all. If anything that should have happened in the last movie.), they beat Machinedramon. But while they were doing that Gennai got to Meiko and Meicoomon.

In the next movie, Omnimon, Alphamon, Jesmon, (who made an appearance as Hackmon here which such a deep voice), and Meicoomon in a new form are going to fight, so that's going to be cool I hope. This movie was probably the one I like the least. I do not like the whole memory loss thing at all, it better be fixed by the end.

I really don't like what happened to Gennai, licking Sora like that was just gross. He was the one who helped them with everything before, so it's sad to see him like this. Who or whatever this King Drasil is, it has to go. Meicoomon is even more important than I thought.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Just finished the Bleach manga and the oneshot, and looking back on the Thousand Year Blood War arc, it really wasn't that bad. Sure, since Bleach got suddenly cancelled, Kubo had to end it real quick and abruptly leave several plot points he had going dangling, but it was still competently written, since the Vandenreich and Ywach were a very real threat in a way Aizen never was, nothing actually dragged for that long, even if some characters, like Lille Barro and Gerard Valkyrie, refused to die no matter how many times they were cut down, and I feel the themes of accepting death while still pushing forward was fairly well-communicated. Besides, there weren't nearly as many Deus Ex Machinas or plotholes as I remember, so all in all, a fun experience. Now I'm gonna read the Light Novels.

Blog Entries
    I'm considering giving Bleach a second chance after trying to put up with the Bount arc for too long like 5 years ago. Would it be worth it? I remember liking stuff like the animation, how the classmates were finally getting elaborated and such, but then Rukia doesn't get with Ichigo and that's just fucking stupid.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan
    Welcome to BL, new user. Don't forget to fate/stay mad

Just read the manga, then you don't have to deal with either the Bount Arc or the Zanpakuto Rebellion Arc or whatever it's called. Either way, the manga doesn't have them, and it doesn't drag. I suppose it's not as great to read scanlations if you don't shell out the money for a Viz account or the actual volumes, but still. Also, Ichigo doesn't have nearly as much shiptease with Rukia in the manga. That's pretty much all Studio Pierrot's doing.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Temflakes403 View Post
    I'm considering giving Bleach a second chance after trying to put up with the Bount arc for too long like 5 years ago. Would it be worth it? I remember liking stuff like the animation, how the classmates were finally getting elaborated and such, but then Rukia doesn't get with Ichigo and that's just fucking stupid.
    Just skip the Bount Arc, it's dumb filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Just skip the Bount Arc, it's dumb filler.
    Remember the guy who's power was Snakes? Good Times.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Just read the manga, then you don't have to deal with either the Bount Arc or the Zanpakuto Rebellion Arc or whatever it's called. Either way, the manga doesn't have them, and it doesn't drag. I suppose it's not as great to read scanlations if you don't shell out the money for a Viz account or the actual volumes, but still. Also, Ichigo doesn't have nearly as much shiptease with Rukia in the manga. That's pretty much all Studio Pierrot's doing.
    Even if it's shiptease, they work so much better than cardboard cutout orange hair girl. Bleach is filled with amazing women characters and they pair the protagonist with the literal worst of the bunch.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan
    Welcome to BL, new user. Don't forget to fate/stay mad

I will always go out to bat for Orihime's worth as a character because she actually is fairly compelling.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Orihime always felt like she fit too much into the Hinata Hyuuga school of love interests, where her most prominent trait is how much she likes the protag, and any actual chance they had for character outside that got sidelined by their third appearance. Maybe she got more development by the end of the series, but by the end of Aizen where I dropped off, she hadn't really advanced past where she was by the time they were gearing up to save Rukia. She got more powers, sure, but she didn't really do much with them. They made such a deal about her healing being time fuckery, I was really hoping she'd be the one to beat Aizen by reseting him back to before he God Mode-ed, but nope, just punch him hard until Kisuke shows up.