Page 423 of 441 FirstFirst ... 323373413418421422423424425428433 ... LastLast
Results 8,441 to 8,460 of 8804

Thread: What are you reading/watching? AKA Anime/Manga General

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    So I just finished watching all of Soukyuu no Fafner, from S1 to The Beyond. HOLY SHIT. 10/10 mecha. Great cast, interesting setting and conflict based on fighting for coexistence and very good drama that really hurts you. No one is safe here. Fights are also pretty great and the mecha are very cool, my faves being the Salvatore models. Holy fuck, what a masterpiece of a show. People remember Xebec for their ecchi, but their mecha talents are underrated. Fafner's a hidden gem
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Finished Cyberpunk Edgerunners
    Pretty good show. Fun cast, lots of crazy action with great animation and a decent if bittersweet story. Had fun. Good show
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Hoshino Ruby with the Death Note could kill L in a week.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Even Aqua is afraid!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    I guess by having two of her loved one died, Ruby has activated her Perfected Mangekyo Sharingan

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I rewatched the flashback part of Tales of Zestria the X, because I felt like experiencing Berseria again but didn't want to play the prologue. It's kind of amazing how the show can go from gorgeous fight scene to, OOOF CG in less than a minute. It's not even that the CG is bad, it just looks so out of place it makes me laugh every time it shows up. The werewolves in the start are also CG, but they don't stand out nearly as much.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries

Superb paneling.
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Decided to get back into reading Made in Abyss. I tried to catch up with it 3 years ago but when I saw the "balancing" for the first time I got turned off big time.
    I didn't intend on stopping fully though, but it took me 3 years to finally make up my mind and finish what I had started. I've caught up now and found they're still in the 6th Layer. Kek.

Liked the flashback. The first baby part actually made me feel sick, I presume just as the author intended. It was so fucked up.
    I like Faputa, and props to Reg for building a harem despite not being the main character himself.
    burn your dread you coward

2nd half of Bastard 2022 done. Holy shit. This is just pure fun. Love that this adaptation goes farther than the OVAs while also covering stuff they skipped. Also, what a point to end it. Looking foward to S2 if it ever happens, so we can deal with Kall-su. Also, if a 2nd season happens I wish they'd stop being cowards and actually show female nipples
    Last edited by bassgs435; September 18th, 2022 at 05:23 PM.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Tiger & Bunny Season 2 Episodes 3-4:
    Spoiler:
    This episodes has do to with Ryan and what happened with him after the second movie. There was this big misunderstanding with Blue Rose, Wild Tiger, and him since the other two decided to keep what was supposed to be a visit to a sick little girl, a secret from Barnaby to not hurt his feelings. But after Ryan got betrayed by his team in the city he was working in, he got suspicious of them and thought they were going to team up together. What was supposed to be a touching, heartwarming moment that I was looking to turned out to be a lie by one of Blue Rose's fans, a criminal from the first season, just so he could hug her with NEXT power. Like that's such a horrible thing to lie about, so I was happy when Ryan slammed him down on the ground and everything was cleared up by the end. Freaking creep.
    Spoiler:

Then the episode after that one had Fire Emblem and Sky High going through problems in their partnership.Fire Emblem basically thinks that Sky High is just too perfect and that makes him try so hard for Sky High and it's tough on him. So he'd wish that Sky High would confide in him, but it's hard to complain about someone doing everything right. But before he could say something to Sky High, Sky High himself hears the conversation and it does affect him. It's only after they save everyone at the event when they're at along with Wild Tiger, Barnaby, Subaru and Thomas, that the two of them are able to make up.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Jujutsu Kaisen 0 done. Pretty good. Yuuta's tale was quite interesting and I loved it. Some cool fights here, too. Looking foward to him returing in the main show.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    Machikado Mazoku is so fucking good, dude. I can't believe I missed out on this for so long.

Fate\last call
    night, dawn, and the birth of stars

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll
    Recent: Ch. ■
    next arc: Spring 2024

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Shamiko's a treasure.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Sitting on my couch, sick as hell, watching anime until I fall asleep. Carole and Tuesday still hits all the feels from the word go. 10/10, would buy at the drop of a hat if I ever saw the bds.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    One Piece Red is not that bad, I think this is the only One Piece movie that managed to have actual character arc, but would like the whole music MV thing least annoying. It was cool at first but it makes the fight scenes hard to watch.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    The new Arifureta OVA was fun, I liked seeing the Liberators. Meiru was hot. LMAO at Myu the Ultimate Lifeform saving Miledi from her future sins.
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Chainsaw Man stop my sides can only take so much.
    canon finish apo vol 3

Future GPX Cyber Formula TV done. Damn this is a fun racing show. Fun characters, passionate rivalries, some good drama that leads to decent character development and intense as fuck racing. Cars are cool, too.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Cyber Formula 11 (Double One) done. Pretty cool OVA sequel and a good finish to Osamu/Knight Shoemach(as written in the show)/Shumacher (as it's actually said, as his alias when acting as a Char clone is clearly as reference to Michael Schumacher)'s character arc. Goddamn that final race. Being an OVA, it benefits from much better production than it's possible in a 37 episodes TV show, and also some increased fanservice through skimpier outfits and some scenes with visible female nipples. Pretty good stuff
    Last edited by bassgs435; September 30th, 2022 at 10:14 AM.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Watched Children Of The Whales on Netflix. Beautiful visuals and an intriguing fantasy premise but Chakuro was a pretty passive protagonist (Ouni felt more like the MC at times in developing and taking action) and the ending just kind of petered out without resolving much (albeit I can't really blame the studio for that given it's adapted from a longer-running manga). Not sure what the point was of the twins who tried to lead a coup against the Unmarked when all they did was talk shit for a while only to get told off by Ouni twice and sheepishly back down. Makes me wonder if that storyline was rushed or something... (as I'd heard the anime skipped several plot-points from the manga to end on a somewhat satisfactory note)