Page 383 of 441 FirstFirst ... 283333373378381382383384385388393433 ... LastLast
Results 7,641 to 7,660 of 8802

Thread: What are you reading/watching? AKA Anime/Manga General

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Personally the moment that gets me every time is the last ED. Watching MC gain friends and throughout the show (and ED) only to invert it at the end. Works even better than the graduation ceremony, since they're all smiling and having a good time in that one shot.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Personally the moment that gets me every time is the last ED. Watching MC gain friends and throughout the show (and ED) only to invert it at the end. Works even better than the graduation ceremony, since they're all smiling and having a good time in that one shot.
    Yeah, that was a good moment.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Angel Beats is one of those things that works best when watched as a teen. I'm pretty sure the only reason the emotional scenes got me was because I was 14 or smth.

Except for the end of the train flashback, that one still hits me hard.

I just want to know what happened with visual novel projects. Did they get canned after the first?

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Solomos View Post
    I just want to know what happened with visual novel projects. Did they get canned after the first?
    I'm pretty sure the first never sold as well as intended and the planned series fell through. On the plus side for franchise aficionados though, there's a still-ongoing manga called Angel Beats! The Last Operation that's marketed as telling the series the way Maeda originally intended it, complete with backstory on some of the less fleshed-out characters.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    Angel Beats is one of those things that works best when watched as a teen. I'm pretty sure the only reason the emotional scenes got me was because I was 14 or smth.

Except for the end of the train flashback, that one still hits me hard.
    Nah, I was late twenties and it still hit me pretty hard.

- - - Updated - - -

Though I guess I've always been a sucker for a good romance. Not the last second main couple, mind you- everyone else.

I mean, fuck. It's been so many years and Ichiban no Takaramono still gets me.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Solomos View Post
    No official statement has been made but its safe to assume the project is cancelled. The first VN didnt sell too well and got a bit of a mixed reception in Japan I believe, plus at the time of release Maeda also got slammed hard for Charlotte. He probably lost motivation, and only returned last year to writing with Kamisama day which then got slammed even harder than Charlotte. I think he's pretty done at this point, his twitter username even had the phrase owakon, which means not in anymore, out of style, or past its prime. The first Angel Beats VN did receive a fan TL last year though, if people are interested in giving it a shot.

PS. Best Maeda couple is Riki x Kyousuke.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    At least the guy is not completely done yet, he has a book coming out this year I think. Forgot the name.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Well, nevermind...

I watched the anime adaption of Sukasuka, or WorldEnd, or whatever you wanna call this goddamn title monster.

Honestly shocked how good of an adaption it was. Very solid pacing, decent production that knew exactly when to go in with some banger sakuga and came off better than it actually was because of strong direction, and a fantastic OST. Feels damn good that for once a LN I really like gets an adaption of this caliber, very nice anime.

JP Friend Code
    I knew it would be an interesting watch when "Scarborough Fair" started playing.

Binged all of Kaguya-sama S2 today, didnt have time to watch much anime when it aired. Another 10/10, waiting for S3.

Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    I watched the anime adaption of Sukasuka, or WorldEnd, or whatever you wanna call this goddamn title monster.

Honestly shocked how good of an adaption it was. Very solid pacing, decent production that knew exactly when to go in with some banger sakuga and came off better than it actually was because of strong direction, and a fantastic OST. Feels damn good that for once a LN I really like gets an adaption of this caliber, very nice anime.
    I watched it, it wasn't what I thought it would turn out to be, but it was pretty fun.

Yugioh Vrains Episodes 83-87:
    It took Soulburner having a duel against Varis, and Varis not fighting back for Soulburner to agree to work with the Knights of Hanoi against Lightning. Immediately when they find his hideout, Lightning sends out Bohman's brother to duel Blue Maiden, but she beats him. Is the end of her losing streak?

And after that, Lightning decided to take down the weakest duelist first, and he decided on Spectre which is funny since he beat Blue Maiden before. I guess her new deck elevates her above him now? It started with Lightning immediately creating an Extra Link, shutting Spectre out of summing Link monsters, which his whole strategy is based on. But Spectre takes Lightning's Judgement Arrows for himself and then is able to fight back with that. He then created an Extra Link of his own and everything was going in his favor until Lightning stole back his card and destroyed the Extra Link and some of the important Link monsters Spectre had. Now, Windy's going out next. Who's going to be his opponent.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Managed to finish the second half of Priconne in between waiting for the global launch (5 days to go!) and farming GW in GBF. For a gacha adaptation, it's really surprising how on point the animation was (couple of obvious low quality frames here and there). Even the CGI Shadow monsters managed to look just otherworldly enough to sell their threat without being too obvious. Unfortunately the course the anime's story took is almost entirely incompatible with the game's (at least as far as I've seen), so it's going to be merry hell to keep the two separate in my head.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I finally took the time to read the first volume of Burn the With and I'm laughing my ass off because Kubo actually named it "Don't judge a book by its cover".
    There's nothing to judge in this book, Kubo! You might as well have just the cover because this snoozefest has absolute 0 substance. Not that I expected any, I only bothered because of the style, but still! I can't believe that's the name he chose lmao

I also watched the anime and I actually liked it. Everything else is still garbage but color and movement added a lot to the style.

I finally read the final volume of Muhyo and Roji after so long. When I first read it, the last book wasn't available to me, so I'm happy that I reread it before reading the last book. I liked the ending, even though the manga author said he had more to write when the series ended and there's still a potential danger for them to face. But that's fine since there's a sequel to the series, I can't wait to be able to read that. It might not be as well known as other Shonen Jump series, but if you like them and stories involving the supernatural, I'd recommend this manga.

Yugioh Vrains Episodes 88-96: So Bohman beat Blue Maiden which isn't that shocking, and then Lightning blackmailed Kolter to duel Yusaku to hurt him. And it worked very well. Yusaku won, but I've never seen him display that much emotion in the entire show, so it hit him very hard. With him being a wreck, Soulburner stepped up to duel Bohman. He might have lost Flame in the middle of it, but he put up a great fight until the end when Bohman used his trap that relied a dice roll to win. The whole duel had dice rolls in it, and the fact Bohman got most of what he wanted made it worse. And now, Varis is up against Lightning himself, and reveals that Lightning is the only reason that the Ignis and humanity could never get along. Knowing that the other Ignis would try to get rid of him, he started the war to save himself. I really thought people were joking when they said he was responsible for everything when these episodes were coming out.
    Last edited by Laserman; January 19th, 2021 at 02:54 PM.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Zeta Gundam starts off pretty good.

That said, Gundam characters really like backhanding each other huh

Welcome to the based kamille meme ride.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Finally watching Gurren Lagann after gods know how long I've thought about it. It's definitely for me thus far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself