The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Well there goes a perfectly good Ruby.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Watched that Bubble movie. Apparently Uro is not the sole writer? So, like RWBY and other stuff, marketing exaggerating his involvement. Man is still full into puppets (won't complain. Thunderbolt is great). Either way, it wasn't all that great. Nothing bad, but nothing excellent either. Great visuals, though. I had fun and I still like it, despite issues
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I found this.

Basically, imagine a French Singularity where Marie Antoinette got extremely buff and single-handedly overturned the Revolution. Also features trap Sanson.

Only one chapter so far, but it seems promising enough.

Finished Idolmaster Xenoglossia. The only IM@S show I'm interest in watching at the moment. Pretty good mecha show. As a mecha lover and fetishist, I loved the romance element. Idolmaster characters with tweaked designs and different ages and voices in a mecha show where they romance the robots shouldn't be this good. Amazing show. I love it
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

マリーの味方
    watched Bubble last night. basically the definition of style over substance. some really powerful and beautiful looking scenes which have the equivalent of an animated music video's emotional weight (or less given things like Shelter lmao).
    i think it's probably enjoyable if you can be taken in by the style and just enjoy it for what it is but it kinda just feels like i watched a very long 2 hour webm someone posted to show off how cool an anime looks

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BnEl15 View Post
    I found this.

Basically, imagine a French Singularity where Marie Antoinette got extremely buff and single-handedly overturned the Revolution. Also features trap Sanson.

Only one chapter so far, but it seems promising enough.
    also yes this is based

JP Friend Code
    500595933 | 紅 (pm)
    Started Another, and I think it's my first proper horror anime? (does elfien lied count or not). Got through first 3 eps.

I really like the suspense and uneasiness with the whole mystery.

and hey, opening song by ali project
    Chaldea Heroes

Personal skill
    Quote Originally Posted by GundamFSN View Post
    Nikiri has what I dub Blessings of the Boobs, see. As long as what his rolling for has two conspicuous mountains, they'll come to him one way or another.
    Well, fine. Nikiri has this thing called 「我が往くは爆乳の彼方・・・!」
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikiri View Post
    GundamFSN. Thank you.

Just before rolling I said 「我が往くは爆乳の彼方・・・!」

First ticket. Da Vinci-chan NP2.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    A lot of people love to clown on Another for the Final Destination level deaths, but I love it. It builds a great atmosphere too with the constant suspicion everyone has but are too polite to actually vocalize. In most cases.

It's got that constant tension that's in The Thing.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Watched Bubble on Netflix. Pretty straightforward story with gorgeous visuals. Really conveys the elation of freedom the characters feel bounding through the sky. Also Uta is very cute.

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Watched Bubble on Netflix. Pretty straightforward story with gorgeous visuals. Really conveys the elation of freedom the characters feel bounding through the sky. Also Uta is very cute.
    Are you hacking into my mind perhaps? I was thinking the same thing as I was watching it yesterday too.
    It was a straightforward and very endearing movie, I don't understand why people all over the internet called it "bland". I guess they were expecting too much of a crazy thing, considering that stellar staff?
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————

JP Friend Code
    500595933 | 紅 (pm)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    A lot of people love to clown on Another for the Final Destination level deaths, but I love it. It builds a great atmosphere too with the constant suspicion everyone has but are too polite to actually vocalize. In most cases.

It's got that constant tension that's in The Thing.
    So I finished it, and it was great, with small twist here and there. Great atmosphere indeed.

Initially I thought the plot will involve getting rid of the curse for once and all, but nah.

seems manga adaptation differs a bit, so might check it out some other day
    Chaldea Heroes

Personal skill
    Nikiri has what I dub Blessings of the Boobs, see. As long as what his rolling for has two conspicuous mountains, they'll come to him one way or another.
    GundamFSN. Thank you.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I've heard the manga really changes the ending from the camping trip onwards. There's the normal adaptation stuff of characters getting much more fleshed out personalities, and in the end some go more crazy, some go less, some switch sides.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFrenzy View Post
    Are you hacking into my mind perhaps? I was thinking the same thing as I was watching it yesterday too.
    It was a straightforward and very endearing movie, I don't understand why people all over the internet called it "bland". I guess they were expecting too much of a crazy thing, considering that stellar staff?
    Yep. The movie is hurt by it's own marketing. They do the Aldnoah thing of exaggerating Urobuchi¡'s contribution when the main writer is someone else (apparently the person who wrote Gravity Rush), and it leads to a sense of dissapointment
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    New Oshi no Ko arc GET HYPE. I want to see Edgy Ruby in action.
    canon finish apo vol 3

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I just w-want Akane and Aqua to k-kiss again...
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    SAME
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    Being an Aqua x Arima shipper is suffering rn

I read Blue Exorcist Volume 27 yesterday.
    Spoiler:

With his powers sealed again, Rin and Yukio continue their fight from before. Rin's only ever done street-fighting, but, Yukio has had combat training so he was beating the crap out of Rin. The way that Yukio felt, how he wanted to be stronger like Rin and how he hated his own weakness, it all came out. But Rin said that the reason why he's strong is because he had Yukio before almost falling from the wreckage, only for Yukio to pull him up. It took a big fight, but they were able to make up after everything.

After doing that, Yukio decides cooperate with the Order, willing to accept any punishment given to him, but they have bigger things to worry about like what's in the one vault that Dragulescu dares them to open. When offered to go into the past by Rin, Yukio thanks him but says that he thought knowing about their past would make him feel better, but that now he knows that won't fix anything, he doesn't want to anymore. After going so far to find the answers he wanted, he refuses an actual look into their past. That's really something.

As it turned out, inside the vault was another clone body just like the first one Satan had. Lucifer and the other demon kings under him show up after Satan reappears in Yukio's eye again, and just by looking at the body, Satan with the elixir given to his vessel, possessed the clone. And now Satan is once again in Assiah with a physical body. But this means the Order can take the fight to him instead of fighting defensively like they've been doing.

The Order calls for all sorts of people from different religious organizations that aren't even affiliated with the order to be transported instantly for the fight. The one Chinese guy from the movie shows up too, which I liked.

Despite this, the author says there's still a lot more to come despite Satan getting his vessel. My guess is, since he only got one drop of the elixir, Satan's body will start to deteriorate again fast, which will force him back to Gehenna.

More stuff with Shiemi happened too, and it seems like that will all end.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

JP Friend Code
    500595933 | 紅 (pm)
    Watching Amagami SS, since it's sitting there for 11 years now...

so their approach is, animate all routes (?) from vn and make it into anime, guessing from the opening there is 6 heroines, and every one of them is getting 4eps + 2 some kind of special eps / harem / normal end kind of thing, at least it's my guess

watched first "route", Morishima Haruka, looks cute, cute drills, kinda semi-genki type (?)... an okay start

next seems to be Tanamachi Kaoru, which seems like tomboyish kind of girl, might be more interesting

not expecting this anime to be great or anything, just ok enough to pass time
    Chaldea Heroes

Personal skill
    GundamFSN. Thank you.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Be careful there, you're talking about two of the most beloved anime women of them all, their fans have ears and posts everywhere.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Blog Entries
    Ah, that. There's also Seiren, which is like a "sequel" of sorts (based on a different game with same developer). I'll let you be the judge of each route, but for me, I just end up feeling real empty after the end. In fact, that happens with most romance anime/manga I got invested in lol.