Page 151 of 615 FirstFirst ... 51101141146149150151152153156161201251 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,020 of 12291

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] PC version Mirror Moon TL insertion project

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Well, that didn't work.

Anyway, people will always get mad at any change.
    Amen. This is what it's like to be a game developer I guess, just getting barraged with (pardon the TVtropes quote) "they changed it, now it sucks".
    Memorable quotes

Quote Originally Posted by Kinoko Nasu
    So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    Quote Originally Posted by UnlimitedBladeWorks
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

Well, in this case the change is even smaller than correction of Gelman.
    When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
    Must give us pause: there's the respect
    That makes calamity of so long life;

And it's tricky because the way it's written does sound more like Merodach, but the way Nasu decides to write things doesn't always jive with his actual intent. Like how he wrote Enkidu as "El Kid", even though he clearly meant Enkidu. Marduk is probably more correct from an "intent" and definitely a consistency standpoint.
    So it sounds like a 2 to 1 for Marduk to me. Do we have any objections to losing Merodach?
    Memorable quotes

So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

Blog Entries
    I would also add ", the Original Sin" (or just put it in parentheses) between the sword name and the period just because it's a cool title and it seems like a shame that the kanji gets totally thrown out there. Especially since they JUST included it for Caliburn the line before.

That's just me, though.
    Last edited by Mcjon01; June 7th, 2014 at 09:32 PM.

I would also add ", the Original Sin" (or just put it in parentheses) between the sword name and the period just because it's a cool title and it seems like a shame that the kanji gets totally thrown out there. Especially since they JUST DID THAT for Excalibur the line before.

That's just me, though.
    You mean for Caliburn, well sure I can do that.

Or maybe you would prefer some furigana. *trollface*
    Memorable quotes

Blog Entries
    I fixed it before you corrected me. :I

I fixed it before you corrected me. :I
    Then you were too slow ^_^ I put Caliburn instead of Gram in one of my sentences but change it so quick that nobody seemed to notice.
    Memorable quotes

Since all this crazy similar shit (and even this itself kinda came up for a bit) has been going back and forth in a massive steam of... conversing, would it be too much to ask to implement something similar to the classic Japanese Ruby text for the Unlimited Blade Works chant where it gives the English (the part the voice says) text in main line and an English translated form of the Japanese text sitting on top of it? Geeks eat that stuff up, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by XerBlade View Post
    Since all this crazy similar shit (and even this itself kinda came up for a bit) has been going back and forth in a massive steam of... conversing, would it be too much to ask to implement something similar to the classic Japanese Ruby text for the Unlimited Blade Works chant where it gives the English (the part the voice says) text in main line and an English translated form of the Japanese text sitting on top of it? Geeks eat that stuff up, you know.
    Since you don't come here often I should note I was joking about the rubytext, hence the trollface. Ask most rune-readers here about it and they hate Rubytext, since it isn't something used in the English language so it seems wrong to use.

Don't get me wrong, as a fellow geek, I do like the idea of addling the sub-names above the main one like "Sword of Promised Victory" and I loved seeing things like that in Ranmafan's FHA patches, but I recognize that on a professional level we shouldn't do it.
    Memorable quotes

Oh yeah, and I'm probably going to hate myself for doing this come tommorrow morning, but hell, I'm too tempted right now. Here's some argument bait from the UBW H alt:

Saber's dreams, in UBW? And Shirou seeing Archer's memories in dreams rather than it being Rin who saw them?

Personally I just think it's a case of Nasu forgetting/not caring about some continuity between routes since he came back to write this scene years later.
    Last edited by Jacktheinfinite101; June 7th, 2014 at 10:46 PM.
    Memorable quotes

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibi View Post
    Perhaps the game engine uses some old expensive scaling mechanism? Did you try profiling the videos when the game resolution matches exactly those of the videos? I think it's worth trying.
    Um, the native resolution of the VN is 800x600. You'll notice that said resolution was what I tested with. Cconsidering that I use a 4:3 Trinitron CRT, I was running the VN in fullscreen at its native 800x600 as well.

(fun fact: if your desktop resolution is a 4:3 ratio, instead of fullscreen upscaling to your desktop res, the VN will change your resolution to 800x600)
    Last edited by NM64; June 8th, 2014 at 01:02 AM.
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors UnlimitedBladeWorks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacktheinfinite101 View Post
    Oh yeah, and I'm probably going to hate myself for doing this come tommorrow morning, but hell, I'm too tempted right now. Here's some argument bait from the UBW H alt:

Saber's dreams, in UBW? And Shirou seeing Archer's memories in dreams rather than it being Rin who saw them?

Personally I just think it's a case of Nasu forgetting/not caring about some continuity between routes since he came back to write this scene years later.
    Uh well I just say lolNasu and leave it that just keep it as it is but a Route where Shirou saw Saber and Archers Past would be awesome

Quote Originally Posted by UnlimitedBladeWorks View Post
    Saber and Archers Past would be awesome
    UFO Scenario confirmed.
    Memorable quotes

Blog Entries
    I mean, Servants don't dream in the first place so I've got no problems accepting it as generic flowery language. It's probably talking about the visions of Archer's past he saw during their fight. Or maybe it's counting the dreams of Unlimited Blade Works he kept having for the sole purpose of keeping people from catching on that the interludes kept switching between his dreams and Rin's. Whatever, it's still better than jackhammering.

Whatever, it's still better than jackhammering.
    Well this is objective truth so there's no need to even discuss it.
    Memorable quotes

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors UnlimitedBladeWorks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacktheinfinite101 View Post
    UFO Scenario confirmed.
    Im good with this I like Shirou/Archer and Saber so this is cool just throw in the Sakura Plot for Rin

Blog Entries
    Here's a fixed op patch:
    ****************************download/03...h_op_fixed.rar
    What I did:
    1) Fixed resolution not going back to normal in screen mode.
    2) Only changing screen size for wide-screen videos. Normal videos are playing normally.
    What I didn't do: include all the patch. It's big so I only included the files I changed.

Known issue:
    * Clicking on the screen while playing a video should stop it, but it seems some (small) areas of the screen don't do that. If you click somewhere in the middle it should be fine. Pressing a button also works. In the movie menu clicking at some area while full screen actually opens the other movie. lol. If it bothers you I could probably fix that too, although that bug exists in the original patch as well (I think even in the original game).

Quote Originally Posted by Quibi View Post
    Here's a fixed op patch:
    ****************************download/03...h_op_fixed.rar
    What I did:
    1) Fixed resolution not going back to normal in screen mode.
    2) Only changing screen size for wide-screen videos. Normal videos are playing normally.
    What I didn't do: include all the patch. It's big so I only included the files I changed.

Known issue:
    * Clicking on the screen while playing a video should stop it, but it seems some (small) areas of the screen don't do that. If you click somewhere in the middle it should be fine. Pressing a button also works. In the movie menu clicking at some area while full screen actually opens the other movie. lol. If it bothers you I could probably fix that too, although that bug exists in the original patch as well (I think even in the original game).
    It works, good job and thank you for your efforts.
    Memorable quotes

I say let's fix the punctuation of the german spells at least. No need to change anything else as long as you actually hear the characters speak that weird german. On the other hand I guess people who don't speak german don't really care about this anyway.

Looks like you're almost done with the UBW route Jack? Wow, you're going at a pretty fast pace

Quote Originally Posted by niisama View Post
    Looks like you're almost done with the UBW route Jack? Wow, you're going at a pretty fast pace
    What? What makes you think that? Sadly no I am not. I'm only on Day 5 of UBW right now. Surprisingly having to make sure you access every scene, locate and open the script files for every scene, edit those files when you spot errors, and open another version (Koto's) to compare to yours so you can edit that version as well, and then compare her's to Waku Waku's version just to make sure Koto's files are totally vanilla, makes the process of reading the VN take a lot longer. There's also the other things I had to work on like the OP patch, which is now almost ready. And to top that off, I do have things going on IRL like transferring to another college (which involves A LOT of paperwork) so yeah, I'm afraid I am not going at the fast pace you were hoping for.
    Memorable quotes