Page 41 of 615 FirstFirst ... 31363940414243465191141541 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] PC version Mirror Moon TL insertion project

So, I've just started HF with your patch (a bit earlier than expected... underestimated how amazing F/Z is and how quickly I could watch these eps), and I'd just like to mention that the OP does plays correctly on the third day.

However, it suffers from the same problem that affects UBW's OP, i.e. the proportions it takes on screen.
    See for yourself:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sak_op.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	12.9 KB 
ID:	9697

Quality seems a bit higher than UBW's btw.

By the way, I tried out of curiosity the other OPs after downloading your "upside down" patch. If it solves the HF OP problem (which I did have too before DLing the patch), it actually causes the problem to happen for Fate's and UBW's OPs.
    Last edited by Sarn; January 2nd, 2014 at 05:33 PM.

Wait, you're telling me that using a patch that comes with upside down videos actually plays right side up for you, even though they normally do that without the upside down version?
    Memorable quotes

Quote Originally Posted by Kinoko Nasu
    So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    Quote Originally Posted by UnlimitedBladeWorks
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

What I'm saying:

Without the upside down patch:
    Fate's OP ==> Good
    UBW's OP ==> Good
    HF's OP ==> Wrong direction

With the upside down patch:
    Fate's OP ==> Wrong direction
    UBW's OP ==> Wrong direction
    HF's OP ==> Good

So basically only the HF upside down patch is necessary (for me).

Also, about the proportions issue, it happens for UBW and HF but not Fate.

So, if you want a summary:

Fate's OP ==> Damn good!
    UBW's OP ==> Wrong proportions
    HF's OP ==> Wrong proportions and needs upside down patch
    Last edited by Sarn; January 2nd, 2014 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarn View Post
    What I'm saying:

Without the upside down patch:
    Fate's OP ==> Good
    UBW's OP ==> Good
    HF's OP ==> Wrong direction

With the upside down patch:
    Fate's OP ==> Wrong direction
    UBW's OP ==> Wrong direction
    HF's OP ==> Good

So basically only the HF upside down patch is necessary (for me).

Also, about the proportions issue, it happens for UBW and HF but not Fate.

So, if you want a summary:

Fate's OP ==> Damn good!
    UBW's OP ==> Wrong proportions
    HF's OP ==> Wrong proportions and needs upside down patch
    I know about the wrong proportions. Like I said before it's because UBW and HF are in 720p and your screen is 1080p. I just need to upscale the videos that's all.

Regarding the upside down issue...........that's REALLY weird. You'd think they'd all be upside down or not.
    Memorable quotes

So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

I hadn't checked for HF proportions before so I could only give you the result for UBW.

Well, I can only agree that it's weird. But that's how it is. I checked and re-checked by doing the manipulation of files several times. Always same result.

But when I looked at my video files I saw HF was also 720p so I knew it was going to be like that already.
    Memorable quotes

Coming back on the upside down thing for HF OP...
    Now I changed the files once again to re-test, but it no longer works for both version! It's always displayed in the wrong way!
    I'll come back to you when I manage to fix that... since it worked like one hour ago with the upsidedown patch...
    *mindscrewed*

Edit: after cleaning my HF folder of the remnants of MeruP's old patch, the video works well using the original version. No longer the upside down.
    So yeah, you were right. But I'm still mindscrewed. And I hope I won't have to change these files any more, that thing was scary u_u

Sorry if I caused you some irrelevant trouble. Well I hope it will remain irrelevant at least.
    Last edited by Sarn; January 2nd, 2014 at 07:34 PM.

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Wait, the videos are in 1280x720 rather than 640x480? I did not know that F/sn's Kirikiri could handle that.
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

So I just noticed that in HF, during the final battle with Kotomine, they don't do the trick they originally did where they only use the first half of the song until later. Imma change it back to that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nintendo Maniac 64 View Post
    Wait, the videos are in 1280x720 rather than 640x480? I did not know that F/sn's Kirikiri could handle that.
    I don't think it can, but RN's Kirikiri can. A very good thing too because the engine doesn't support resizing wmv's to fit the screen, hence why Sarn is having that problem with the video not filling out the screen.

The reason for the distorted proportions is that, it's still limited to a 4:3 aspect ratio, so a 16:9 video will be squashed to 4:3, so to get the desired result (letterboxed 4:3 of a 16:9 video) I had to make it letterboxed in 4:3, then stretch it out to 16:9.
    Memorable quotes

So I just noticed that in HF, during the final battle with Kotomine, they don't do the trick they originally did where they only use the first half of the song until later. Imma change it back to that.
    That would be AWESOME.
    That was my major disappointement in HF RN when I read it.

That would be AWESOME.
    That was my major disappointement in HF RN when I read it.
    Already done.
    Memorable quotes

Great! I guess It'll be in your next release then.
    Can't wait to download it. Having to switch back to the old FSN with RN patch just for that scene is kinda frustrating!

See I'm waiting on some H-alts for the next release. Kotonohaaaa!? Where are youuuuuu!?
    Memorable quotes

Quote Originally Posted by Jacktheinfinite101 View Post
    See I'm waiting on some H-alts for the next release. Kotonohaaaa!? Where are youuuuuu!?
    I can't believe I'm being impatient for the H-alts to be translated...

Blog Entries
    So how do you guys feel each route compares to eachother? Care to try and throw em on a scale?

Please nobody take the bait.

- - - Updated - - -

I can't believe I'm being impatient for the H-alts to be translated...
    What about Rin's H-alt? Aren't you at least curious about that one, considering it does more for Rin's character then a great amount of UBW itself does (by that I mean it actually is about her rather than being about Archer).
    Memorable quotes

Please nobody take the bait.
    Yup, I restrained myself for this one. No derail

What about Rin's H-alt? Aren't you at least curious about that one, considering it does more for Rin's character then a great amount of UBW itself does (by that I mean it actually is about her rather than being about Archer).
    I am indeed a bit curious for this one. Especially since I skip her H-scene 100% of the times.
    But in my mind the thing was either "you got only H-alts" or "you got only H-scenes". And there is no way in the world that I'm going to have a version that has only H-alts.
    That being said, perhaps I'll read it out of curiosity. I thought the H-alts were only about giving magic circuits with fancy animal pictures, but if you say there's some amount of *real* character development in there... might be worth it.
    Even if Rin's probably one of my least favorite characters in FSN.
    Last edited by Sarn; January 3rd, 2014 at 07:16 AM.

Yup, I restrained myself for this one. No derail

I am indeed a bit curious for this one. Especially since I skip her H-scene 100% of the times.
    But in my mind the thing was either "you got only H-alts or you got only H-scenes". And there is no way in the world that I'm going to have a version that has only H-alts.
    That being said, perhaps I'll read it out of curiosity. I thought the H-alts were only about giving magic circuits with fancy animal pictures, but if you say there's some amount of *real* character development in there... might be worth it.
    Even if Rin's probably one of my least favorite characters in FSN.
    Wow, I'm shocked. Someone who doesn't like Rin. Anyway I wouldn't know HOW much character development is given in it, but from what I DO know it already is more romantic than the fucking jackhammer H-scene. I also know that Shirou glimpses Rin's memories, including that time she first saw him trying to jump the pole, I'm sure there's SOMETHING noteworthy in there. Not to mention her sacrificing her entire crest shows how her character has progressed.

As for what you said about that H-alts, that's really only the first one.......which is fucking stupid, I think we all agree on that. H-alt 2 is just the H-scene minus the sex (granted I still prefer how it's executed in the H-version a bit more), Sakura's H-alts.........are weird. The dream alt actually makes more sense than the H-version (a dream about getting your blood sucked makes more sense for when that's what's really going on then dream where you're fucking someone who isn't even the LI of the route). and from what I know of the remaining 3.........they're creepy, but so were the H-versions.
    Memorable quotes

Blog Entries
    Am I stupid? How's that a real derail? This is in the category for the game, not translations, right? This isn't in the translations category, either. What's wrong with it?

Wow, I'm shocked. Someone who doesn't like Rin.
    Actually, wrong. I like all the characters of FSN, no exception.
    It's just that I like her less than the others. For the main reason that she takes a huge amount of screen time (on EVERY route) saying things that are only neutral explanations rather than things in which she is somehow involved emotionnally. And I don't feel the Fate (esp. FSN) trademark in these kinds of dialogues.
    I can't remember how much time I thought on the Fate route "Please just give me less time with her and more time with Saber... It's not RIN's route, dammit!"
    Plus tsundere isn't my type, ahah

I'll probably wait to see your impressions of the H-alts before trying them. What you said does not *really* tend to make me think that they are worth it. I can only see the purpose of T-regulations behind these, nothing really worth reading for now.

Am I stupid? How's that a real derail? This is in the category for the game, not translations, right? This isn't in the translations category, either. What's wrong with it?
    Now that you mention it, I certainly can't argue with that.
    Though seing the way the thread has been going for 40 pages, I feel like your question is more a General Discussion topic.
    And you'll probably get lots more people involved by creating a dedicated thread on GD.
    But I'm no BL expert so don't quote me on that.
    Last edited by Sarn; January 3rd, 2014 at 07:37 AM.