Page 503 of 615 FirstFirst ... 3403453493498501502503504505508513553603 ... LastLast
Results 10,041 to 10,060 of 12291

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] PC version Mirror Moon TL insertion project

Blog Entries
    OK, point taken.
    Can't believe I caused a hardware derail :P

In the RN thread, you don't cause hardware derails. Hardware derails cause you.
    Memorable quotes

Quote Originally Posted by Kinoko Nasu
    So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    Quote Originally Posted by UnlimitedBladeWorks
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

I'd just like to point out that just because it was about hardware does not mean it was a derail. That one was actually for the most part on topic, believe it or not.

It was until the focus went from windowed mode to 4k T.V.'s. Yes I know there was a bridge to it, but the 4k monitor was just an example of why windowed mode was bad, not the focus point.
    Memorable quotes

Quote Originally Posted by Kinoko Nasu
    So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    Quote Originally Posted by UnlimitedBladeWorks
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

Then the majority of the rest was a discussion on whether or not using a 4K monitor to view Fate is practical.

Heck, even NM's last comment is on topic, crazily enough. That post is implying that fullscreen Fate and its opening videos will look better on a 4K display than 1080p (which has nothing to do with the practicality of window mode, but it does suggest people have a reason in general to attempt Fate + 4K).

Alright. So I'm sure this issue has been addressed earlier in this post/forum, but I'm not about to look through all 507 pages to find what I need and Google search isn't being particularly helpful to me. So here goes. I am just about at my wits end trying to get everything to work properly and just about ready to give up on this VN. What I need is to know how to get the "faterealtanua_savedata" folder to show up. I have used Mirror Moon's installer to install both the FSN and the RN patch. I have read numerous times that the RN patch removes all explicit material effectively censoring the VN in exchange for a few animations, some more CGs and BGMs, and an epilogue for Saber. Note: I have never played this VN before and know next to nothing about it so I am trying to avoid spoilers. I have read conflicting things about Mirror Moon's Patch saying that it both adds the H back in and that it only translates the RN patch without adding any of the original H back. I have heard the latter more often than the former so I am inclined to believe that it merely translates it and provides an english installer. the thing with the Mirror moon installer is that it must install the VN differently as I cannot for the life of me find the "faterealtanua_savedata" folder that is supposed to be created upon the first running of the program. I have also heard that this patch(the one that you can get from this forum which I have all the files for already) both does and does not work with the Mirror Moon translation. The Mirror Moon installation does work, but it like I said earlier, it doesn't create the folder that the patch files hosted here are supposed to go.

So what I am going to do is go through, step by step, my most successful attempt at getting anywhere close to this. If it is any help at all which I doubt it will be.

1) I run the original Japanese installer for FSN. (I don't read Japanese so I am kinda just guessing at what I'm doing with the installer based on experience with the Mirror Moon installer)
    2) It installs without the RN patch even though the disc is there.
    3) I run the game which creates a folder called "fate_savedata" in my documents.

What I need to know is how to install the RN patch without using the Mirror Moon Installer. Simply trying to run the disc does nothing more than open a file explorer to view the contents.
    I should also mention that all these discs are mounted using daemon tools as my ODD exploded(not exaggerating there) a while back and I am without a physical ODD for now.

At this point I have read and DLd so many different things that it is getting hard to keep track of, and it is quite frustrating.

If anyone can offer help, I would be incredibly appreciative. Arigatou.
    Last edited by Maverik7773; March 6th, 2015 at 05:05 PM. Reason: Spelling, Clarification

Blog Entries
    I think you made the most possible mistakes there are. Try reading this guide:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/fatestaynigh...llation_guide/

Some notes:
    As for the version of the game you need - It's the PC release of Fate/stay Night Realta Nua which comes in 3 parts for 3 routes. Currently there's no way to legally buy it so look for it on your favorite site.
    DO NOT use mirrormoon installer, it's for the old version of FSN which came out in 2004 (not realta nua).
    The patch in the first post is probably what you want. It contains everything and there's a switch to toggle H scenes on/off inside the config menu in the game (so you could watch both the h scenes and the alternative scenes).

Come back if you still have issues or more questions.

Guys, this isn't working. What do we do now ?

Make bigger checks and crosses.

And then realize that the crosses mean "correct" in some cultures and that you just wasted your time.

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    I think the issue is that it's buried in a spoiler tag and even then it requires the user to click the link. Perhaps image should be embedded directly into the first post?

For reference, here's the absolute final version of that image:

And the same thing but without F/ha:
    Last edited by NM64; March 6th, 2015 at 02:46 PM.
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

Quote Originally Posted by Nintendo Maniac 64 View Post
    I think the issue is that it's buried in a spoiler tag and even then it requires the user to click the link. Perhaps image should be embedded directly into the first post?

For reference, here's the absolute final version of that image:

And the same thing but without F/ha:
    Right, because as we all should know very well by now, if you're expecting someone to actually, willingly CLICK on something of his/her own accord, your expectations are definitely too high.

Well, if they read the FAQ via the README, it doesn't exactly have a clickable link to that image now does it?

Perhaps the patch could even include said image, titled "README - compatibility.png"
    Last edited by NM64; March 6th, 2015 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Quibi View Post
    I think you made the most possible mistakes there are.
    That sounds like something I would do. But seriously, THANK YOU SO MUCH, Quibi! I can't believe in all my searching that I never came across this post before. This was exactly what I needed! I had come across a sketchy post somewhere else before that said I needed 3 different .exe files but I guess that never really made sense to my that they would make it that way, so I dismissed it as being incorrect since in the past I have never needed more than one .exe to make something work. My mistake. But I followed this guide and got it to work immediately. Again doumo arigatou gozaimasu!

Also, nice profile pic! It nice to run into another fan of RWBY when I'm not in the RT or RWBY subreddits!

And to XerBlade: I sincerely hope I did not offend you by not understanding the meaning of that image. Yes, I have seen it before but I didn't really know that it implied 3 different .exes or the like. You see, I kept DLing torrents that SAID that they were FSN/RN but I guess in the end were really not. I am not as experienced with these type of things as I would like to be and am fairly new to the VN genre. In fact I have only read 2 others. Again, I offer my apologies and hope you can forgive me.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverik7773 View Post
    Yes, I have seen it before but I didn't really know that it implied 3 different .exes or the like
    Even if that's the case, surely you at least payed attention to the icons, right? If you kept using 2004 Fate/stay night, then you would have kept having one of the program icons marked with a red X.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverik7773 View Post
    SAID that they were FSN/RN but I guess in the end were really not
    Blame Wakuwaku (not really, but it's funnier that way).
    Last edited by NM64; March 6th, 2015 at 04:36 PM.

Even if that's the case, surely you at least payed attention to the icons, right? If you kept using 2004 Fate/stay night, then you would have kept having one of the program icons marked with a red X.
    I did not and that too is my fault. I figured that the most likely scenario is that I had the wrong version. But I still couldn't find the right one. There really isn't a good excuse, I'm just stupid.

Well the main issue is that the older Realta Nua insertion patch existed at least 2 years before the official PC Realta Nua version(s) ever existed.

Relevant link that may have helped you understand the different versions of Fate/stay night available:
    https://vndb.org/v11#main

I've actually gotten to the point now where it amuses me when someone interprets my random jokeposts as me being pissed off about something. The internet really has had a profound effect on me.

Sorry for misinterpreting.

- - - Updated - - -

the older Realta Nua insertion patch existed at least 2 years before the official PC Realta Nua version(s) ever existed.
    That, then must have been what I kept DLing from different sources.

I can almost guarantee that's the case because pretty much nobody has put together a combined version of the PC Realta Nua with the English patches, likely because the need to put the patches in the documents prevents anyone from making an easy "all-in-one" version.

Or maybe they're lazy enough that they're just waiting for Jack to do the merge project which would automatically solve the "all-in-one" issue.