Page 564 of 615 FirstFirst ... 64464514554559562563564565566569574614 ... LastLast
Results 11,261 to 11,280 of 12291

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] PC version Mirror Moon TL insertion project

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    I miss this game.
    Virtual machines and emulators exist for a reason.
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

Quote Originally Posted by Quibi View Post
    I'll answer you seriously - the project is now called the "merge" project.

Now you're regretting you asked I know it you can say it.

(sometimes I think I'm the only serious poster in this thread, then again I'm the only one currently working on it so it makes sense)
    Actually, it's great to see you finally put all of this down in one place. I told you a year ago I'd wait for you to finish the merge before I play through UBW and HF the first time, and I patiently continue. :P

I want to inquire again about fonts. Font scaling could be tricky due to page breaks, but does it look like you'll be able to have a font scaling option to accommodate the ever-increasing ranks of HTPC users who want to sit back several feet with a controller or trackball? Allowing scaling of font up to a max of say 125% at the cost of spacing between lines could be a high-compatibility way to approach ensuring the same text will fit on each screen.

Quote Originally Posted by galneon View Post
    I want to inquire again about fonts. Font scaling could be tricky due to page breaks, but does it look like you'll be able to have a font scaling option to accommodate the ever-increasing ranks of HTPC users who want to sit back several feet with a controller or trackball? Allowing scaling of font up to a max of say 125% at the cost of spacing between lines could be a high-compatibility way to approach ensuring the same text will fit on each screen.
    If anything the font scaling is for reducing the size of the text - the "official" text size seems plenty to me unless you're using a TV that has a screen size that's more in-line with a PC monitor.

Blog Entries
    I miss this game.
    I'm surprised NM64 didn't edit the image so the windowboxing will be symmetric.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by galneon View Post
    Actually, it's great to see you finally put all of this down in one place. I told you a year ago I'd wait for you to finish the merge before I play through UBW and HF the first time, and I patiently continue. :P

The wordwrapping mechanism + indentation macros take care of placing the text in the correct place, regardless of size. A lot of effort was put in it.
    Linespacing is adjustable but not in the font menu. I could add it there or just make it a function of the font size.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nintendo Maniac 64 View Post
    Or Steam.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

That sounds great. If variable font size doesn't break anything on its own thanks to intelligent wrapping, then perhaps exposed variable line-spacing isn't really necessary. I do think making line-spacing a function of font size has aesthetic merit, but it's no doubt easier to judge that from your current perspective where you can tinker with it.

Or Steam.
    There are some great emulators on Steam.

Quote Originally Posted by Quibi View Post
    I'm surprised NM64 didn't edit the image so the windowboxing will be symmetric.
    Can't see the black borders when the background of the webpage is also black (yes I know that the default on BL is dark grey, but I don't use the default color scheme).

Or Steam.
    Ewww...DRM, vendor lock-in, etc.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nintendo Maniac 64 View Post
    I played an entire VN in an XP virtual machine and I didn't like it one bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    I played an entire VN in an XP virtual machine and I didn't like it one bit.
    Sorry, an XP VM isn't going to magically unlock the Ilya + busty!Rin/slim!Sakura route; this isn't the Advance Shop.
    Last edited by NM64; June 21st, 2016 at 07:30 PM.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by XerBlade View Post
    Direct translations of these sorts of things rarely make any sense.
    In this case it's actually the weird-sounding direct translation that makes more sense, compared to the complete nonsense Engrish "Mystic Code."

礼装 is an actual word that means "formal wear." Imagine a ceremonial outfit like a wedding dress, something like that. Put together with "magic" to make 魔術礼装 "magical formal wear," which still doesn't tell you exactly what it is before it's explained in the TM context, but you begin to get a vague sense that it's some kind of magical equipment. Extra and FGO have had probably the most literal examples.

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990 View Post
    In this case it's actually the weird-sounding direct translation that makes more sense, compared to the complete nonsense Engrish "Mystic Code."

礼装 is an actual word that means "formal wear." Imagine a ceremonial outfit like a wedding dress, something like that. Put together with "magic" to make 魔術礼装 "magical formal wear," which still doesn't tell you exactly what it is before it's explained in the TM context, but you begin to get a vague sense that it's some kind of magical equipment. Extra and FGO have had probably the most literal examples.
    How nonsense Craft Essence is compared to mustic codes tho
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990 View Post
    Disagree, downvote, unlike

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    How nonsense Craft Essence is compared to mustic codes tho
    Craft Essence is the Engrish for "conceptual formal wear". Mystic Code is the Engrish for "magical formal wear" or just "formal wear"

none are great

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    why formal wear, just call it regalia
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    oh yeah

I'll wait Extella comes out to be sure about that, though.

Blog Entries
    Making up nonsense words for magical things instead of just describing what they are worked pretty well for J.K. Rowling.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    in memory of verg
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Don't know where on the interwebs to put this, so I'll just put it hear; thanks to all of ya'lls who worked on and produced the patch just finished FSN in it's entirety tonight and I got to say, despite it being the longest visual novel I've played to date, it was an EXCELLENT time. I wouldn't have been able to play it- save if I decided to learn Japanese, which very well COULD happen one of these days- without the contributions of the excellent online fan community. So... um... yeah, thanks. Thanks a ton

Don't you just love it when everyone goes quiet the moment someone strokes their ego.