Page 163 of 165 FirstFirst ... 63113153158161162163164165 LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,260 of 3296

Thread: Ga Rei: Exodus Nine (IC)

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Suzume AOGAMI
    Space - Overlooking Earth
    Final Battle

The world shook, signaling a victory in the battle, but the war was far from over.

Still, as it collapsed, Suzume smiled, still visibly shaken from her touching that which she so desperately avoided all this time. Maybe it was a meaningless gesture shown to a facsimile of the real thing. She probably wouldn't even notice in her current state, nor did Suzume feel like expending the necessary spiritual power to send her one last message with her ESP.

She hoped the intent still would reach her.

She was never able to agree with her plan but still she had to show respect for her will. And so, in acknowledgment of her contribution, a girl falling through dimensions smiled at the Destroyer of All Things.

-----

She had expected darkness, but was greeted with the opposite.

A brilliant cutting light, shimmering like the rainbow cut across the stars. She was unable to tell its source at first before seeing a familiar face...although she had not talked to the man before arriving on the battleship, his presence was a reassuring one. His power even moreso.

At least it had been until she noticed what it was leveled at.

To call the spiritual force of this attack immense was an understatement. Anything she had perceived until this point felt like it could only measure up to tiny fractions of this attack's power. What stood before them was the incineration of all history...the end of humanity, not through divine conviction or subjugation but through sheer, raw force.

And yet, the "knight" attacked it. Faced with a tide he could never hope to stem, he stretched out his hands to coax it back into the sea.

Not that long ago she would have considered his effort futile.

Not anymore.

And as if to support him, a barrage of black projectiles came from...from...where actually? She turned around only to see something she couldn't have possibly imagined.

If van der Decken saw that ship, he'd probably turn around and sail away.

As if emerged straight out of hell, the proud barge barraged the incoming explosion, relentless and destructive.

But there was one thing that caught her eye even moreso than these mythical displays. Not that she had to hide behind any of them. She had become a veritable legend on her own.

The girl that she had been too cowardly to face on the ship.

Her closest friend.

Saki Ryuumonbuchi.

At first she didn't even consider going over to her. This was after all a fight for humanities survival. If she had wanted to talk to her, she should have done so earlier, not with the world's fate in balance. Was it not time to mimic their action? Was it not for her to match their conviction and give it all she got? In fact, especially for Saki she should put on a display...

That was merely cowardice.

And there was no more space for that.

In an instant she appeared by her side. As much as her own control over time allowed her, she tacked ofuda over ofuda, wrapping her entire arm in it. At first, she stood wordlessly next to her and her clones as they fired volley after volley at the explosion.

What would she tell her?I missed you.

You look grown up now, you know that?

I'm sorry you had to do this all alone.

I hope whatever you encountered couldn't change who you are, my friend.

No line seemed to quite be satisfying...nothing she would say would really feel like something she would genuinely want to tell her, to bring back that feeling when they were just some dorky high schoolers caught in a maelstrom of the supernatural.

"Hey Saki..."

She formed a gun with her ofuda-wrapped hand and made a nodding motion. As if to humorously indulge her, Saki, emitting flames laid her own hand above it, forming her own finger gun.

"...wanna see some cool shit?"

A fundamental principle of spiritual power was that it was more powerful "focused". What the crude mechanism of the magic gunner style gained in speed, it lost in focus and power. Raw spiritual energy as Suzume used it essentially acted like a blunt weapon, while an elemental attack was more akin to a tempered blade.

And so, the thieving cat that had become of Suzume borrowed the tiniest fraction of her power, for just a moment. A touch of fire to turn unrefined ore into a fine blade.

"Deade-"

She blushed. Shouting it sounded dumber than she imagined. But she had no time to waste. In embarrassment, she closed her eyes, then channeled a previously unsustainable amount of energy into the seal, then through her arm proper. The resulting pain was enough to burn away the rest of her inhibition.

As the power of humanities ingenuity, easily matching uncountable souls in its energy output, coursed through her arm into a giant flame-thrower like spray of spiritual energy, the girl shouted at the top of her lungs, still stuck in a goofy pose with her friends' fingers on top of her own.

For if she wanted to temper the a blade, what better fire was there to use than that of the Lady of the Pits herself...

== Deadeye Demon - DEVIL TRIGGER ==
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Nagi
    Paradise Lost
    Final Battle

A cloud of dust reveals the harsh truth of an invincible Deity.

Against someone that has inherited ownership of a cognitive space, it sees no need to limit it's powers as a God. The humans have used almighty magic against other aspects of 'itself,' so naturally, it has taken steps to ensure that such spells will no longer bother it.

"Do you mean to intimidate me with a book of memories?"

The more accustomed it gets to it's stolen body, the more of it's 'true power' emerges as the highest God; there are not many things it cannot see through if given even a few moments to comprehend it, and even those things that do trick it will almost never do so a second time. That is why it sees through your 'book' with but a single glance, it has already come to understand the purpose this world had originally held, and all factors point towards it being impossible, after all...

The lonely Goddess that had existed here had never been able to reach anyone, while their leftover feelings may reside within a book of boundless pages, it is not like Nyarlathotep, such things -while bizarre- mean nothing to it.

It's little more than a record, and while the souls may seem 'lost' to you.

It knows exactly where they are, after all, everything that existed within that world was it's to do with as it pleased; the humans may not accept it, and you may have escaped it temporarily, but all of you existed at it's mercy.

---However, you don't care what it thinks.

While it points out the 'truth' of that book without a shred of doubt or hesitation, even if it is simply a record, it is something connected to those that were recorded on it's pages. It is but the record of a single world that repeated itself for 46 billion years, but in that time, a number of things that ordinarily would have been impossible occurred; the repeating war had led to strange bonds between humans and demons, partners who had all without fail marched to their demise against the Clockwork God due to it's machinations. It had repeated so many times in fact, that not a single human soul within that world could be said to be 'completely untouched' by their demonic brethren, especially due to the 'nature' of 'spirit contracts' within the world...

If there was a world capable of summoning "all demons at once," it would certainly be the one you hailed from; some sort of connection must persist between the two 'races' that transcends the bounds of time, and indeed...

Just like before, there is 'something' listening to your calls on the other side. Of course, it is silly to assume those demons cannot tell the 'original' from 'someone taking on a mantle.' The nature of those connections you were attempting to use was so intimate that even the slightest discrepancy in your souls reveals the truth to those that had once held partners, but even so...

"Fool. Do you not realize you're already in check?"

A voice admonishes you from the darkness, even as a battle begins anew.

It's a strange voice. Existing only within the depths of your mind, a violating whisper that disregards all barriers and simply speaks to whomever it wishes, it's nevertheless a voice that radiates power but not warmth, a matter of fact voice that almost seems more annoyed than anything else... Yes...

This is the voice of the true "King of Demons."

In other words, the Morning Star.

"Are you the sort that recklessly plays your trump card the moment you start to lose? If so you have a poor sense of timing, if we were to emerge now we would simply be ensnared in it's world as well. It would acknowledge us as a potential enemy. Inside of that cognitive space, such a thing would be checkmate for both of our kinds."

It says it frankly.

It's not like the demons don't know the situation the humans are in, but they are far far weaker than they have ever been, and not only that...

It's words admit that the enemy is something they can't beat in a straight battle. It doesn't say it flat out, and it cannot speak for 'that woman and her angels,' but the demons themselves have had a lot of time to consider the situation, and as it is right now...

Exposing themselves is a death trap.

As long as the Devourer considers demons to be the enemies of humans, the idea that they might ally to take it out is one it likely won't consider; play that card too early, and-

"And a better spell caster? You are naive child, the realm of the almighty is far beyond someone like you."

==Megido==

In opposition to the boy who would meet it with his fist, the God lets loose a 'lesser spell' that nevertheless paints the world white.

It is not just ability to do something that determines power, when it comes to experience, this God is an entity that has mastered all facets of the ancient magic systems while also possessing the strongest possible "Soul." It's lesser spells are enough to leave chasms akin to meteor impacts on the surface of the planet, and releasing it full force at what amounted to simply mortals -heroes in the making perhaps- it is no surprise to the God when the sheer force of that spell...

---Grinds all enemies to dust.

Burns away a recreated Garden, wipes away all sins, and leaves what was once an island in the middle of an ocean a gaping hole in void, of the empty world that lay outside it's own cognition.

The Absolute God is the victor, as was always destined by the laws of fate.

---

Or is it not that way?

Amidst the light, a hand grasps it's wrist; and a half-formed spell is forcibly drained of it's spiritual power in a moment of confusion, averting the ending the God had been made to see in a hallucination.

Yes.

A hallucination.

An illusion, a street magician's trick. It was Yagami's doing naturally, his silent observation of the battlefield had simply been for the purposes of creating a 'fake' world that held no tangible difference to the real one, and adjust the outcomes of the exchange in order to get the God to drop it's guard. While much of the garden had certainly been razed to the ground by it's very-real spell, the three that had decided to oppose it had not died in the exchange, rather, protected by the world itself throwing itself in between them and their opponent, the God that has found itself grasped by the hands of a mortal has it's legs sweeped out from beneath itself with all the force a certain reformed hero could muster, and, in that brief moment of physical weakness...

"...!"

Is thrown boldly into the mouth of an 'avatar of the curse.'

Massive.

As big as could be expected from a copied 'avatar of the Kyuubi,' the force and curse with which that monster strikes is easily enough to fit the entire body of the girl into it's jaws. While normally not powerful enough to even scratch it, as it is was only successfully able to be 'summoned' through Nakamura Auron's affinity with this place, it has become something stronger even than the actual entity it was based on-!

"..."

There are no screams, no audible struggles as a monster born of negativity attempts to swallow a God of Light, there is only...

"Repeat."

A single word.

And this time, no illusion dulls it's accuracy.

Thrown forward by the blast, landing on hands and knees in front of the very same gate you had opened earlier, a deep aching feeling inside of your body makes it almost impossible for you to stand back up again casually; the type of power Nobody had handed over to you wasn't one that was meant for humans, and using it in spite of that through various loopholes, the reality is that the strain on your body remains considerable...

Even so...

Forcing yourself to rise as your instincts declare your enemy is walking back towards you, glancing up at the former position of the God reveals it throwing aside the body of the beast that had been formed by mud, snapping it's neck with it's bare hands in spite of the obvious difference in their respective physical sizes...

What the...

Hell is it really?

The other two are missing, seemingly thrown farther by the blast, while Lilith merely stands in front of you to face her opponent with raised fists, but-

"...Who are...?"

A questioning gaze reveals the existence of someone behind you.

Or rather, someone who had just appeared through that 'door.'

"Ah... This doesn't seem good."

A certain nun, flanked by four beings you could only describe from a glance as...

Archangels.
    Last edited by Airen; September 22nd, 2019 at 08:00 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Glorious Grammar Master Race Frantic Author's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Nagi
    Paradise Lost
    Final Battle

It's immune.

Of course it is.

"Do you mean to intimidate me with a book of memories?"

Intimidation isn't a tactic I care for, but--!!!

This isn't just for me. This is for everyone. All our souls, all our hopes, every single thing that exists... That's what's clutched between these pages. A record of 46 billion years lies in my hands, and it can't be torn apart by even the likes of a God --!

"Fool. Do you not realize you're already in check?"

He's not wrong.

"Are you the sort that recklessly plays your trump card the moment you start to lose? If so you have a poor sense of timing, if we were to emerge now we would simply be ensnared in it's world as well. It would acknowledge us as a potential enemy. Inside of that cognitive space, such a thing would be checkmate for both of our kinds."

"Fine. I'll wait, Morning Star. But next time I call for aid, I would appreciate some sort of response."

"And a better spell caster? You are naive child, the realm of the almighty is far beyond someone like you."

==Megido==

It's unblockable.

A technique that can't be defeated.

--But on the side of Hitoshira Nagi, stands the master of illusion himself.
    ---

"Fall from grace for a moment, why don't you?"

Massive.

But it isn't enough. Even the bestial form of the Kyuubi itself, isn't enough to destroy the Devourer of Worlds.

"Repeat."

A single word.

There's no stopping it now.

Get up, Nagi.

Even as the Devourer snaps the neck of a copy in half.

Get up, Hitoshira.

"What a monster, isn't it Lilith?"

Auron and Ryota aren't nearby, but I hear a voice, and whirl--

"...Who are...?"
    And there's only one person who can walk through any door.

"Ah... This doesn't seem good."

"Ah. Hello again Mary," I reply with a smile, grasping deep within the Sea of Souls and listening to the words of the healers that rest within my own. "It's a terrible day for fire, isn't it?"

Four beings behind her, and I stand in front of Lilith a bit more, holding her a bit closer, as I wave a lackadaisical hand. "I don't suppose your friends would be willing to try and kill a God would they? It's immune to almost everything humanity can think of, after all."

There are some things that cannot be mimicked, even by someone as empty as me. The words of the Lord are one. I shift nervously before them, glancing fervently at the battlefield. Even in such a moment --

"So um... Would you mind so terribly if I asked for your help?"

-- I really haven't changed all that much.
    in the end we will make thoughtcrime impossible, for there shall be no words to express it

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

[01:05.15] <@Spinach> I can flash gang signs faster than Sasuke can perform ninjutsu and I rap like Medea's High Speed Divine Words.

Blog Entries
    Mikagura Mika
    Final Battle

Thirty seconds…

It’s more than enough time. The wound Sora dealt to this fraction of the Devourer has forced it to launch something akin to an attack, an offense that threatens to eradicate this entire “space.” But with the Factor of Space, fleeing is not only possible, it is also rather likely. If I wished, I could abandon this realm right now and end up with someone else’s—which isn’t bad, per se, but it is also a more “predictable” option. Though it may not appear to be an immediate option for the Devourer to recognize, it has seen countless versions of myself.

Mikagura Mika is famed for her defensive play. Her cool, calculated play style that minimizes risks and seizes guaranteed opportunities. No doubt that is the standard I am being judged by. And as the previous bout has proven, it is that the Devourer is not infallible. Though my strength is sorely lacking compared to Sora’s, the weapon in my hands bears similar properties to the one she used to deal that fatal blow. And, to be honest… that knowledge alone is enough to keep the flames of hope ablaze.

It means my father’s work isn’t in vain. I can’t let such an opportunity go to waste.

Even though the Devourer clearly has the capabilities to focus on countless fights at once, what matters is that it has directed more effort, and by extension, more attention, to this situation in particular. If I could capitalize on such an opportunity, it would definitely mean that the others might have a larger window of their own to abuse… and that my plan could be more possible than I realized.

“Liane! Genbu, we’ll push forward!”

I wonder how many times the Devourer has seen a Liane free of her shackles? Hopefully, enough that this intervention, a plea for me to ensure that this world doesn’t collapse, is enough to catch it off guard, just for a moment. The more surprises I can inject, the more I can take matters into my own hands. Just for the moment, I can’t hide and play safe. I have to seize as much of the spotlight as I can.

The Factor of Power disappears for the Factor of Space. Beacon, the blade my father entrusted to me, glows brightly amidst the bright “stars” of this space.

I have to believe.

“Heat Riser.”

I gamble on this.

That for a moment, I can match the Devourer, blow by blow.

Blog Entries
    Mikagura Mika
    Final Battle

Push forward? How naive.

The collapse of a world is not so simple a thing to endure, and while the God's initial predictions had been that it's opponent would simply flee this space in search of a safer one, it is a conclusion that is quickly proven to be false as all opponents are buried within the depths of a collapsing darkness, leaving itself alone inside of the world of nothing it had just created as an afterthought.

---It is but one of many copies of the Devourer.

Not something many had questioned, to put it in simple words it is something akin to a clone made by the main body. As a collective entity, a humanity that had forcibly merged itself into a single machine-like being, a System designed to oversee the redemption and perfection of the "infinite universes," it maintains the ability to split off parts of itself to accomplish many tasks at once...

It had cornered all opponents in this way, kept them separate from each other, while leaving half of their power with the main body to suppress their Goddess, and reabsorb any of the 'fragments' that were somehow damaged by the humans. In spite of this technical separation, each of the fragments would look at the others and think of it as 'themselves,' with a pure sincerity. That is how powerful the 'bonds' they have formed with each other are, even when separate they remain whole through a true unity a lower humanity could never understand...

These people only come together when it suits them, when each of them will get something out of it themselves; it's fundamentally selfish even if it appears selfless, and even if they win here how many years until they return to their selfish petty ways?

---It would be surprised if these unions lasted more than a few days.

The enemies claimed they would be defeated by their connections, but no, if anything, the Devourer itself would overrun all opponents with it's own unbreakable "bonds." While individuality and emotion had been lost, but such things are unnecessary for them; in it's place they had gained a limitless resolve and will that surpasses that possessed by anything or anyone else, taking the powers the Creator had granted them to a limit none could truly match.

Now that all enemies here have been dispatched, it turns it's attention towards the other battles fought by 'itself,' most of the battles were progressing as expected, with some negligible damage done to the fragments, but the main body seems to have determined that absolute destruction must take place, and is currently in the process of destroying Earth. If that is the case, then it should join with the self that has encountered a fragment of the corrupted Creator and it's four archangels. Incoming transmissions indicate it is somewhat bound by conceptual laws, while it's very existence is already overwriting those same laws, it will go faster if more of 'itself' appears to shatter that world from the outside.

There is already one on the way, even so, there is no reason not to forego it's return to the main body temporarily; if the angels want to intervene and be obliterated as well, then it will indulge them in that desire.

It won't lose even to the entirety of the Heavenly Host, every universe had their own 'versions' of such beings, and so it would not be the first time it had razed that sort of twisted heaven to the ground-

-the appearance of an incomprehensible blade catches it off guard-

-And slices right through it's form, an ice-enhanced edge immediately turning it's blood to crystals.

---The collapse of a world should have left nothing behind, like a black hole, all present beings should have been crushed in the heart of the singularity. But that is only by the laws of physics, magic makes the impossible possible, as a shield that will not falter as long as it's user's heart remains strong, had held back the very edges of that same singularity.

Will's Cage.

Liane's Eclipse Ability, and something that had bound the Kyuubi itself during the original war eight years ago, persisting even after her soul had been shattered due to the spirits of her friends picking it up in her place. Back together with it's original user, as well as the hopes and dreams present within that silver stream of starlight, it had become a seemingly unbreakable barrier that could be even withstand the collapse of a 'world.'

Magic had hidden it's form and location from the God's senses, and arrogance had ensured that magic would not be discovered, after that-

"...?!"

-The nature of the blade itself had done the rest.

A blade that lacked the factor of power should be one that simply bounces off of it, but the sight of the sword is something that brings about a logic error; it does not know what it is, more than anything else it has seen so far, now that it's been forced to actually take a direct strike from it, the ease with which it cuts into it's body defies all logic and sense, but...

To those who see it happen, it is the only logical outcome.

46 billion years.

Beacon had been created and recreated over and over again for that period of time, for the sole purpose of defeating this God's other half. It is not a weapon that was repurposed for such things like Liane's or Sora's, no, it is an immortal breaker, and this is the immortal it was meant to be used upon-!

"..."

While it had remembered that purpose a long time ago, the Beacon that says nothing merely imparts all of it's creator's lost feelings -that which had been locked away for those many loops- into that blow.

It's like an infection.

An infection of emotions that fuels the dark flames of another person's self sacrifice, of a curse that this God will not be able to escape unless it removes itself from that body that continues to undermine it's invincibility-!

"Why... This...?"

Sensing it's situation, 'itself' calls for it to return.

There is no more need to search for 'answers,' these opponents are failures, all enemies will be crushed at once with their own almighty power.

"..."

Bending to it's own will, it does just that; body flickering out of existence as it allows itself to return to it's own 'sea.'

But it isn't allowed to feel like much of a victory.

Even if all of your efforts had seemingly forced it to retreat, the sudden shattering of the 'void,' reveals the truth of the 'main layer,' that had existed beneath all of the other fragments.

Factor of Heat Online
    Only two factors can be active at once!
    Effect: Infinite Spiritual Power, Amplify Spiritual/Magical Attacks

The most blatant form of "pure force" you had ever seen; an attack that had been designed to be so purposefully impossible, that the will of others to fight against it would absolutely shrivel in it's wake.
    Last edited by Airen; September 29th, 2019 at 05:25 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Mikagura Mika
    Final Battle

The attack staring me in the face is on a scale beyond anything I’ve ever imagined. A conceptually based onslaught—an attack fated to erase the world, no matter the means. Any redirection is meaningless. Any show of power is meaningless. What the Devourer has willed is absolute. In the face of that… It’s a wonder that people’s determinations have only hardened.

Still, I commend their stubbornness. The futile onslaught against that supernova not only buys me enough time to think, but to enact the plan that entered my mind as soon as I realized the attack’s true nature.

Sometimes, you need to lose to win. Let your opponent summon their big boss monster so you can flip up Bottomless right after. No need to prevent the summoning in the first place, which is the folly the others have fallen into. There’s no reason to halt the attack in its tracks, but for this to work I need a little aid.

[Yagami Ryota is currently unconscious.]

A sigh escapes my lips, because that makes things so much more problematic than they need to be. Well, not that it’s become impossible. I merely need to rely on someone much earlier than I wished to.

“Nami! I need Chain of Hearts!”

Chain of Hearts, of course, is a powerful Eclipse Diver that serves to solidify the bonds between people, allowing each other to their abilities freely, analogous to the demon/summoner relationship. What is key in this case is that I’ve met Yagami and that I possess the Factor of Heat. An unrestrained, “limitless” source of power, not unlike the blaze that threatens to envelop the globe. But matching that is an impossible task.

But I don’t need to.

With the Think Tank and the Akashic Record, there is no spiritual ability I can’t use to the limit of their owner.

[Chain of Hearts access enabled.]
    [Requesting access to Reverie Complex.]
    [Granted.]

The fake Kyuubi that was as powerful as the real one is still a vivid memory in my mind. Yagami’s Reverie Complex can create the most immaculate of facsimiles, to the point that you may as well be dealing with the real thing. But that’s the point.

There’s no need to stop the Devourer’s attack from hitting the Earth if it actually does, correct?

It’s just not the Earth the Devourer intended.

“Reverie Complex!”

Blog Entries
    Guardians of the Future
    Final Battle vs Administrator - Space
    "The Lights in the Sky are Stars"

It's an apocalypse that anyone can understand, a truth that no amount of delusion can hide.

While it had fought up until now with methods a human could believe themselves capable of countering, the reality that appears against it's opponent's now is a strike so absurd that all thought has surely ceased within the presence of it. It is but a fraction of this God's power, a simple command for the stars themselves to reduce it's opponents to nothing, gathered together into a single sphere of magical energy so dense that it simply cannot be sensed anymore, for it's aura permeates everything, an attack so absolute that all understand they are not even ants before this beings might...

It is designed to be such a thing; while it's usual methods are to break the will of it's opponents slowly, that is simple preference, something that it can toss aside the moment it realizes it is bordering right on the edge of the usual divine arrogance.

This is it's world, formed and maintained by it's cognition. Thinking that they can reject it's decisions is foolish, and to prove it to them, it creates something that cannot be stopped, overpowered, or countered, and unleashes it with a calmness befitting that of the "Highest God." The power of "Observation" was fueled by belief, but who can truly believe that the approaching conflagration can be stopped?

No.

Those who observe it must surely understand that they are doomed, and that there is nothing they can do to stop it. It is not just the blast itself, even if they somehow defend themselves from it, the loss of the stars and the sun will throw the entirety of their universe out of order; they will freeze to death, or be dragged into new cosmic phenomena as an uncaring universe collapses in on itself once it's ever fragile stability is finally challenged by a force that is even stronger than itself.

Hope will surely be snuffed out, and that will mark the end of their "true loss."

Once they give up, it can do whatever it wishes to do to them without the slightest danger of resistance. It will be an eternal sleep without end, more souls to the graveyard that was it's testament to those worlds that had been found lacking, and had then come to face it and lose.

Yes.

That conflagration of sound certainly shocks their minds to their core.

Even so...

Even so...

All it takes is one.

The first to step forward to oppose it is a boy that has become something far more than a simple youth; he is someone that takes only a single step forward to oppose the absolute end, but in that single step becomes the spark that not only transforms his own self into a conceptual entity, a longed for hero born of his own desires as well as those of the humanity that lay at his back-

"..."

-but lights the fires of rebellion, shattering the diamond-like ice of despair.

All it takes is one.

The existence of someone who continues to radiate "hope" is enough to restart that fire. If one puts their mind to it, then anyone could step forward and be the voice that leads to change; a single call to not give in could rouse them all as a whole to fight, yes...!

More than anything else perhaps, that was the true power of that knight-!

"Kingslayer? Foolish boy. We are Death. We are Fate. Your lives exist within the palms of our hands, and we will crush you just as easily as we gave you life."

There is no one that can stop the end now, as it has been written into the history of this world. Even as that knight does the impossible to protect those behind his back, a solitary figure -no bigger than a speck of dust- slowing an attack that would have otherwise consumed both him and the planet by now to something that enables the others to act, the God greets the words of that conceptual entity with an absolute confidence that the knight himself is now able to mirror.

Slowing it is fine.

Let them drag it out.

Being slowly pushed to one's doom could break the mind just as easily as a sudden reversal; even if the knight himself may not fall, those that lay beyond his back, yes...

The fall of the planet is the fall of hope, and the exact moment in which humanity's future scatters like dust into the wind.

And it's an outcome that has already been written into history.

Even so, the knight does not care.

In order to be what he must, he cannot allow doubts to invade his self anymore.

---

For once, even her will had been shaken in the face of an impossible strike.

Coming to herself with a blink in the face of absolute power, the sight of the younger generation throwing themselves headlong into a battle that they cannot win is something that her younger self could have easily emulated, but the 'self' that exists now can only regard with a mix of powerlessness, doubt and frustration. While she does not have eyes that can read the future, her own battle experience as a survivor of two different supernatural wars automatically informs her that nothing within her repertoire has the ability to change fate. There is no spell she possesses that can dispel a literal compression of stars, and even if there was one, the nature of that God's magic would render it ineffective.

She has only seen it a handful of times, but Universal Law was relatively simple.

That star was fated to destroy the earth, and thus it would do so. In that regard the Admiral's order had been the best they could do, outright stopping it from accomplishing it's task was impossible, it was the strongest form of concept magic she had ever witness; something that declared fate so casually that it could be called the ultimate curse. Even with the factors, her ESP was not suited for direct combat, and the idea that her Eclipse would be able to defend everything against such an irrational attack is something even her idealistic mind can't bring itself to actually believe...

As for power against power, the God had proven itself stronger then her already, even when it had been holding back.

---She can't see a way out.

It's the burden that comes with acknowledging reality, of having lived through a war that had trampled on her ideals and shown her how cruel reality could be, and yet-

"What a strangely hopeless face... That's not like you at all."

A ghost speaks to her.

Dark hair and red eyes, a fallen loved one, and someone who had always believed in her without fail, even when she herself had not... It's one of many reasons that person had clung to the living world as hard as she had, to come face to face with her best friend one more time, and just talk without curses or world ending threats getting in the way.

---But it seems she wouldn't quite get that this time either.

It was the last time, and she wouldn't get it even here; but in the end, that was just how their relationship had always seemed to go; always something going on outside that they couldn't ignore, even so...

"Don't give up. You were always the one that found her way through, when it mattered, you always found a way to win. An idiot who couldn't let the wrong stay wrong, who fought even when she didn't know how, but gave it her all anyways... That's the dummy we need. Restraint isn't in the Cross vocabulary, right?"

A passing comment.

It's not as romantic as it should be, it's a last bit of teasing that'll probably be the end of it.

After this battle, that person will disappear.

It's a parting that happened eight years ago, even so, passing each other on the battlefield...

She smiles.

"Dummy... Please... I only had to do all of that because you couldn't stop getting into trouble."

---That's right.

She can't give up, if her mind knew it was impossible, she had always been one to fight with her heart instead-!

No, not even that...

Giving up before giving it all she had...

That wasn't the Cross way at all-!

There was one thing she could try, one path she had instinctively tried to avoid; to say her power wasn't suited for combat was true, but that was only in a direct sense. To gaze into the past was something that seemed suited only for detective work, but in this scenario, within this world, with these factors...

---It was a gate to the past.

The 46 billion years that had been lived by Liane Cross within this spiral. Not information gained from others, rather a reintegration of all of her 'previous selves' with her current self.

---In a way, it's a scarier prospect than dying. Even if it is her own self, those selves had surely lived different lives, and bringing them 'back' was something that would threaten her current self, even so...

It is not like it is some great taboo.

It is just a record of her own memories, the culmination of who "Liane Cross" had been for all of this time; would she change irrevocably, would she be able to look at the world in the same way?

It's a question she can't answer, even so...

If others trusted her, then she would also trust in "herself."

Closing her eyes, the Golden Witch throws her mind and spirit back into the past.

---

In terms of spiritual weapons, the strongest thing she possessed was the SLEIPNIR itself. It was a relic that had existed in the family since they had found it during world war II, and something that they had taken for the purposes of controlling it's use, of ensuring that no one would be able to use it to wreak absolute devastation on human battlefields. The duty of an exorcist was to protect the world and it's people, and this had been their way of doing that back in the day; in that regard one could say that only her family could even pilot the ship at all, it had been redesigned so it wouldn't function without their presence, so it couldn't simply be stolen from them by the higher-ups for darker purposes, and now...

"Connection to Valhalla established, all seven satellites aligned. Don't underestimate us you divine bastard."

It was time to use that family heirloom to it's absolute fullest.

The ship itself was her "COMP."

The Factors were not quite as convenient as one would hope, in order to utilize them, both a soul and a direct consciousness were needed; while it might be possible in the future to make computers that fit those requirements, as it is now, one could say that a human host -or rather some form of sentient will- is needed for those powers to be of any use at all to the user.

It meant they had to take the backlash, if she wanted 'infinite' energy, then she had to be willing to be the core of that flow of energy.

In this case that was fine, because she had always been this ship's core. She was it's main power source, a spiritual weapon needs spiritual power to function after all, and while it could take it from the crew as well, it wouldn't move without her will; she was the key that went in the ignition, the one person who would have to maintain her connection to it no matter how painful it got.

She didn't ask for anyone else's help, she had always been willing to take on the entirety of that burden alone, but her lieutenants had gone out of their way to offer their own power over the years, and now-

"The spiritual link seems functional. You ready Maiya? Tachibana? Nakamura-san? Mongeau?"

"Of course. Orders, Admiral?"

"...Heh..."

-The people of Aoyama were proving to be just as insane in their own way.

Batteries for energy cannons, circuits in the wire called this ship, a refraction phenomena that turns one infinite attack into hundreds, all modified and amplified so that it serves as an eraser of magical energy through the lens that was Kimiko Tachibana.

"Fire the Gungnir-! If you feel like you can't keep up fall back, everyone is more useful alive-!"

Infinity roars through their veins.

"MAXIMUM-!"

---

Truly they must be desperate.

A storm of shots that exist as miniature black holes, and the seemingly infinite drills and lavender flames that follow a certain knight into the depths of a certain oblivion, the mark of a reunion -of sorts- between two friends in a desperate bid to overcome the inevitable. While the power that flows is certainly impossible, so much so that the approaching conflagration continues to slow to a noticeable degree, the God ultimately doesn't see this resistance as any form of consequential.

Even if that fire can consume the magic of others, even if it is joined by hundreds of rays of light as the SLEIPNIR's cannon is fired and space is refracted, there is no magic that can stop it from doing what it had been commanded to do; to do so would be a paradox, because it has already been decided that this blast will both strike and annihilate the planet, it will not stop until it accomplishes it's task. Even if the power that fuels it reaches a theoretical zero, it will rush on regardless in order to fulfill it's role, and-

To think that they could even reach that zero is an impossibility.

This is death, this is the end-!

Raising a hand, it gives the compressed star a 'push.'

The pressure magnifies one-hundred fold.

"..."

When had those two climbed aboard the ship of the dead?

It's a question that no one has time to ask or answer, and one that is somewhat irrelevant in the grand scheme of things; ultimately, the two of them had simply seen it as a method of getting closer to their opponent. If you wanted to call it insane that was fine, the idea of slingshotting themselves at the speed of dark was one that had simply come naturally to those that had been raised to be humanity's guardians.

Perhaps that is why each one knows what the other is thinking even though they have yet to meet up until now?

"..."

To take that knight's role, to send him onwards and hold back that 'star' with their bare hands. It is not a suicide mission, far from it, call it a whim, but since the world was screaming for a happy ending...

"Don't stop firing. We resist until we can't any longer."

They too, had to believe it was possible.

Even if it was naive.

To do otherwise would be to crush their own fighting spirit, and render their victory truly impossible.

Not only that...

If someone could not only survive but thrive in grasping those stars in their bare hands, wouldn't it be the two of them?

"Go."

A quiet command.

Two 'guardians' leave the ship as falling stars.

---

It was the obvious next move.

If the spell itself cannot be stopped, then the logical progression is to go after the spell-caster; that is why the sudden appearance of a foot striking down at it's head in an axe kick is one that it expects, but the force that comes along with that kick -even as it raises a hand to block it- is one that seemingly confirms a theory about the attacker.

"I see. So you gave into despair and immersed yourself in that power, Cross."

"..."

While it is not enough to break through Universal Law, the ability that comes with fully embracing the Factor of Power is the maximization of one's current potential; inside of that state, even the attacks of an everyday human would have the potential to damage a divine spirit. The attack that had appeared just now, coming from an ESPer who has seemingly done the same, is one that far surpasses the limitations it had already seen and confirmed for her, and thus...

Giving one's life for a miracle. Hoping that she can defeat it before his attack destroys the world, the God's composure remains perfect in spite of the desperation the enemy must be feeling, indeed, in response to it-

-It aims to prove that such things are meaningless now.

Pouring immense spiritual power into it's fist, it thrusts it forward with enough force to reduce even a being such as Beldr to dust in a single blow. While stronger than a normal person in a close range battle, the Liane it had fought before had been self-aware enough to challenge it to a battle of projectiles rather than martial arts, but desperation seems to have made her lose sight of her more sensible tactics, thus it will finish her with a single blow-!

"Despair? What the hell are you talking about?"

"What-?!"

Instead of a fist running straight through her chest and destroying her Sesshoseki shard, the woman that should not have the skill to do so in spite of a sudden influx of 'power,' parries the blow aimed at her vitals with a casualness that should not exist in it's presence. It's absurd, not just reducing the physical damage to zero, but deflecting the 'flow' of it's power with her own spirit, the thrust out palm deflect everything to the side as her other hand quickly fills it's vision...

Only to be followed by a dull thud of... Pain?

It's body is launched.

She follows it seamlessly.

"..."

Akashic artes...?

She's friends with Sora, and connected to the Goddess Yamuna, so for her to have some sort of ability in that martial arte is not completely unheard of; it is something used mainly by the Kuzunoha, an absolute martial art that was thought of as the "Ultimate," rivaled only by the "Absolute Arts" used by weapon wielders. But she had never been one to train in that sort of thing, she was a street fighter through and through; even assuming she had wanted to do so, she and Sora had had an estranged relationship since the end of the first war...

Even then, it is an arte one spends a lifetime developing; even Sora has holes in her style, and yet the ease with which that woman had just parried it's strike was that of someone who had been alive for centuries, if not millennia-!

Ah.

That thought lights the truth towards the answer.

Certainly, that is exactly how she had become so competent. Her ESP "Chain of Memories" was a form of psychometry; ordinarily, she had limited it's use to replicating the skills of those who had wielded the weapons before herself, that is why her wraith had stolen the Kusunagi from the SDCD months ago, but this...

Was taking things to a limit she had only once considered; replicated abilities were not entirely suited to her body, against this God, they would certainly fail her, thus-

The person she was mimicking now was her own self, or rather, all of the selves that had ever existed within the span of this endless spiral. The abilities each of them developed on their own would naturally be the most suited for this body-!

Every regret.

Every hope.

Every success.

Every failure.

Every happy memory.

Every tragic parting.

Every life.

Every death.

Reintegrating every bit of that past into herself-!

That is the Liane that had charged forward with both recklessness and a goddess-like calm, because-!

She trusts them.

The world won't be destroyed, they don't need her help in defeating the fate carried by that supernova. Instead, the collective of her own self assaults the God directly, for her, the Factor of Power was something she no longer needed, Space and Heat alone drive her fists onwards in a passionate rush towards tomorrow-!

Black and golden flames twist together into a spiral of life.

Call it her pride, but she didn't want to be passed by a student just yet-!

==STARLIGHT BREAKER==

The gun that was her self fires at point-blank range. Using the Golden Flames of her younger sister, and the curse borne by a fallen love in unison, the refined blast turns into the same silver as the stars, an edge that threatens even God on his throne-!

Or at least it would, but-

==Factor of Heat==

-The God is quick to reestablish it's superiority.

Unlike the humans, there is no danger in it using these factors to their fullest. As Heat rules over energy itself in all of it's forms, it's firm declaration drains the spiritual power that had begun to erupt from the woman as her existence had edged towards outright transformation into a "Hero-Type" Demon. While her skill has increased exponentially, the rate in which it could drain her strength is faster than she can fill herself back up again, and without the self-reinforcement provided by that influx of power, forces her to retreat or risk losing her life in but a single exchange.

---Rolling with the fist that follows shatters her ribs, but the autonomous detonation of stored spiritual power by her Hakkero reduces the damage enough that she can remain standing even after taking a hit that was meant to kill-!

As far as exchanges go, the God had certainly come out on top.

While she had landed various blows on it's body, and had even managed to blow off an arm momentarily, the God is already completely healed by the time she finally retreats slightly from it's presence. In comparison, most of the bones in that woman's body have certainly been shattered, and her spiritual reserves are at an all time low that she is only now beginning to recover from...

As Heaven's Throne had not even been forced to activate, none of her strikes had been a substantial threat to it.

No, even without it, there is no attack in this world that can destroy it. Even those things that cause it pain can only extend that far, pain; it is the ultimate being here, something that surpasses all other Divine Entities in this world of cognition. Even if an entity that matched it in 'power' appeared, it would remain superior regardless, because it's will surpasses that of all others, and-

Because it's victory is already secured.

---With the battle experience of 46 billion years, she must have known that she could not defeat it, but had charged it anyway. As she is now, she does not even have the power to help with the supernova; her Eclipse was suited for defense, so the fact that she chose to attack instead is not something the God disregards immediately. She must have had a more decisive reason for doing so, and indeed, the moment it considers that, a pulse of air throwing her body down towards the moon-

"Oh. She was stalling for you, wasn't she?"

It becomes aware of the opponent that had just crossed space in but a single step.

The Knight that had moved ahead, trusting the others to defend the world from that falling star. While it ordinarily evaded attacks seamlessly, the approach of the knight is one that is met with a blade of it's own; sword against sword, even as a 'wave' of light arcs out from the center of the blade and out into the cosmos, the God remains unharmed, a sword of pure light in it's hands.

---The blade that knight holds is also something that does not register within it's collective memory, perhaps because of that, it pushes back on the lock of blades with all the force this body can muster with the rebellious spirit inside of it.

It should be enough to crush anything regardless, but-

Neither one of them bends.

However-

"Is this the spirit of "The Hero?" Or something else? I suppose it doesn't matter."

-Absolute confidence.

"Allow me to show you how hopeless you remain, king-slayer."

---

In order to finish her opponent, she must bind it with it's own magic. It's power extended over all things in the universe, including that of history itself, and thus no half-hearted measure will ever be able to defeat it.

Against it's own magic, it's a war of corrective history.

The future made by one will just be overwritten by the other, and in terms of experience with the magic, her opponent will always be the faster of the two of them, and because of that-

"..."

She has to layer it.

Create dozens, no hundreds, of fates that the God will not have time to undo. She will only ever get the one shot -of that she is sure, her body cannot handle more- and thus she must also be sure of her victory in this moment, because of that...

The others have to defend the planet in her place.

However, she is not worried.

While once she would have insisted on doing everything herself, the words that resonate out from the past couple of hours have steeled her heart from any possible doubt.

It is because she knows they will succeed that she can focus, and it is because others believe she will carry it through that they are able to continue fighting, yes...

Because the opponent used to be a "humanity," she does not wish to destroy them. It is not just that she doubts she can without bringing this cognitive world to an end, but rather that she still believes they can come to some sort of understanding...

It might take eons.

It might take an infinity.

But the belief that she should at least try is what dictates the safest path; for now, she must seal it in perpetuity-!

For the sake of not just the world, but the friends she had made in the past that she wishes to return to, and those she had befriended in the present, who had decided to believe in her-!

Eyes open.

==Universal Law==

"Administrator! Return to your eternal sleep-!"

---

A duel to determine the fate of the world.

From the moment that knight had appeared, each step and each blow had been accompanied by the shrieking of metal as sound exists where there should be nothing, and spiritual power rockets off in a manner that would have reduced the battlefield to nothing if they had still been present within the confines of the planet. Embodying not just the wishes and dreams of others but also his own, a boy who wasn't that special in the grand scheme proves himself to be anything but ordinary in that same instant; it is the contradiction of humans, the belief that their dreams were like the stars in the sky, but that it was also possible to reach them.

If it is possible for anyone, then it is no longer special; even so, how many actually reach the stars?

Not many.

That contradiction fuels the starlit nature of such things.

Transient but strong, unique and yet as common as the stars in the sky.

---Yes. That boy has certainly become an embodiment of Dreams.

It would say it is all the work of that blade, but it is instinctively aware this is not the case; regardless, it's expression has not changed a single time since the start of the duel, and even when it comes to a pause, when the knight stoically stares back at it without fear, the thing that fuels the both of them has not changed...

And with that, the God's belief in it's victory remains absolute.

Unlike itself, that knight was reliant on the hopes and dreams of the populace, and it had already consigned them to oblivion. As a result, it doesn't matter if the knight is able to fight it to a stalemate on a physical level; only one of the two of them is on a timer, and even if that was not the case, there was nothing even that conceptual being could do about "Heaven's Throne."

It decided what existed, and what did not exist.

The hopes and dreams of the living were no different, so long as they resided here under it's power, they were incapable of defeating it.

While they were able to resist somewhat due to having similar powers as a whole, the moment the Earth died, all of them would flicker out of existence right along with it, becoming nameless souls in it's eternal graveyard.

"You have fought well, but it is useless."

They will accept it eventually.

Even now, the Supernova burns to fulfill it's purpose; it cannot be delayed forever, and while the actions of the others had seemingly sent the knight ahead to deal with the opponent personally, it was proving to be a mistake, as those that had been left behind all realize the futility of their situation at once, the selfishness of humanity is validating to see as they collectively choose to save themselves rather than fight to the bitter end, failing to understand that they continue to exist only because humanity believes that they do.

It's truly a show of a cowardly true nature, a sign that the knight that stood before it was some sort of fluke, but-

You don't back down, nor does fear or doubt cross your mind.

There is no need to back down.

Since when was anyone running away?

"Be as stubborn as you'd like, but this is the ultimate proof, in but a moment, both the light and dark that power you will flicker out."

So saying, it watches as that conflagration consumes the planet. It's over in but an instant, a star reaching out to swallow the planet whole, and from this distance it is disturbing to watch, the blue skies and waters of the planet simply being eaten in but a moment, the star losing it's cohesion and falling to pieces the moment it's task is accomplished, but-

"...What?"

Only one entity is surprised.

Concept Magic was tricky, and that magic in particular was one that left a number of holes if used carelessly; so long as the conditions are fulfilled in one way or another, then it's ability to decide fate is considered to be complete.

So it was remarkably simple.

Allow a planet to be destroyed.

It doesn't matter if it's an illusion, it doesn't matter if the people that populate it aren't real, or that it's ultimately something hollow... As long as that God itself recognized it as a planet, then the conditions it had set for 'fate' were fulfilled, and as a concept it lost all it's meaning...

At that point, succumbing to the 'resistance' of the humans had been inevitable for it.

They hadn't run away, they had simply re-positioned themselves for a 'worst case scenario,' ready to restart the resistance if Mikagura Mika's theory had proven false, and-

---It's baffling.

If it had remained connected to the self that had followed a girl to another world, then it would have easily been able to spy the illusion for what it was; but with that other self sealed in another world by that girl's actions, it no longer receives automatic updates from it.

Completely stunned.

Because the situation is almost incomprehensible, that God freezes in place, and the knight strikes without fear. But it recovers even from this, their continued clashing again ending in little more than a stalemate-

-No.

It's only slightly, but it's the one that's being pushed back, and coming in as if to turn that tide completely-

"..."

If it has come to this, then to hell with all pretenses.

Manual Defensive Authority
    ==Heaven's Throne==

Invoking it's invincibility manually, the God's eyes drift from the knight -who is now irrelevant- to the approaching mass of magical energy. While it is accompanied by a number of 'attacks' from the humans, none of them will be able to surpass it's conceptual invincibility, and thus none of them are important. Only the silver spell is a threat, and-

Instinct defends it.

While it had intended to simply ignore any and all attacks now, this body's sense of danger had forced it's limbs to snap to attention as an attack from the knight that should simply 'phase' through it instead threatens to strike it's body head on; this too is baffling, as the strongest observer it's ability to dictate reality should be unmatched, it's conceptual barriers were active and yet-

---No.

If it thought about it, it was possible.

In it's arrogance it hadn't thought to check, but those who were riding atop that ship.

Those were certainly those souls it had already "absorbed," and "put to rest." This world alone was not enough to overcome it's law, but all of them together...

No.

Even then, it would ordinarily still be impossible.

But a part of itself is missing -their unity is distorted- and this body -and those lingering black flames- corrupts it's resolve ever so slightly.

"..."

Even so, it does not feel fear.

If the easy options have disappeared, it simply must act quickly to defend itself; trapping the Knight within his own personalized sphere of infinite space, the God removes him from the fight for a few moments -aware that he will simply reemerge after that- and puts infinite energy into a shining white barrier.

---As far as uses of Universal Law went, it was easy to see what that woman would go with; she would attempt to seal it away, and as such, there was no way for her to ensure the hit itself would go through; if it simply stopped the blast from ever striking it, than the command itself would be worthless. Even if it persisted, it would simply throw it into a universe of infinite distance, where it would pursue it's target forever until reality itself fell to pieces around it.

With this, it wins.

That Goddess would not be able to manifest this power a second time, and rather than going the long way to destroy it's opponents, it will simply ensure each of their deaths personally through Universal Law, starting with the Knight, and working it's way down the various symbols of rebellion until the world as a whole submitted to it-!

---But even then, it misses one thing.

Just as Liane had been a distraction for the Knight, the Knight had been the distraction for a boy.

It can't even be called a miracle, because this is the result of it's own arrogance.

Makoto Fujioka.

Someone that the God had dismissed as irrelevant in it's own fragment, and had chosen not to pursue, had chosen to strike from behind amidst all the struggles and chaos created by his comrades.

At the very end, they had left it up to him.

"Im..Possi..ble..."

It can't move.

A sword that had been designed to sever this very connection severs it without fail, and-

-It comes.

A mass of starlight, one that threatens to seal the one who sat on the throne of this world, while leaving the boy who had attached himself to it unharmed.

---One that would do just that.

"Damn you... Nakahara... We-"

"Still reject it... Can't lose... Won't give up."

The explosion rocks the universe.

Amidst the endless darkness of a universe without stars, the body of Fujimoto Chiyoko plunges down to strike the moon, crashing against it without resistance.

Yamuna too, seems to lose her wings.

Plummeting down as if asleep, it is, perhaps, her unexpected fall that brings with it a sudden chill.

Because you have won, with that success, you should have won, and yet-

The silence that follows is not a victorious one.

---It feels long and unsure.

And none can place why.
    Last edited by Airen; September 29th, 2019 at 05:26 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The Knight
    Final Battle

"..."

The Knight offers no words of parting, no sneer to the defeated nor a roar of victory. The eye of red and blue glances but momentarily at the foe that had taken their everything to defeat, to the point even the act itself seemed like mere absurdity. So many powers, so many wishes, so many desires coming together in one moment in time... for the sake of a tomorrow that they could call their own. Even he himself had pushed the body he had much past its limits. Surely there was not much time left. But for the sake of its duty... it had to see this to the end.

The Knight could not rest.

The Knight could not take a moment to catch its breath, no matter how much his flesh screamed him to.

As the afterquakes of The Grand Seal shook the universe and brought forth an unnerving silence, The Knight trained his eye at the one who had eventually been the decisive blow, the one known as Makoto Fujioka. For a moment, the helmeted head stayed still, with only the single eye staring from within its dark depths. But then, slowly but surely, that head nodded solemnly. Not to acknowledge what he had done... but to acknowledge the boy in question. Everything the defenders of the future had given had been for that one strike that would ensure Yamuna's success... and he had not failed to deliver.

Therefore.

Amidst the starlight, amidst the last echoes and embers of this battle...

---------- The Knight spoke to Makoto Fujioka.

"Thy deed take pride in, O' Vanguard of the Morn. Hallowed it shalt be, as from it a tomorrow is born," The Knight spoke. "'Tis not the blade of a traitor that spells the end of the king... but the knight naught remembered as he set forth to the lake for an undertaking."

Those words were all he would and could spare to Makoto.

Then, with a new purpose in his eyes, The Knight took a look at the moon, the rising celestial body that had been rocked by the fall of a one who, as he dearly wished, was finally free. Without hesitation or awaiting a response, The Knight drove his feet into the empty space and shot towards the eternal companion of the planet known as Earth.

He had no time to hesitate, no time to wait.

He had to get there in time.

For a moment his mind had wavered between the two choices, the two who had fallen at the end of this long battle.

"..."

But The Knight knew that it was not his place to go after Yamuna. Others could help her, he could not. And in the first place, there was only one person in existence who could save her... and who would have to look after her. He knew not if he would appear. Most likely not. Even as changed as he was, The Knight thought not much of that man known as Zerah. But he gave him a chance to prove The Knight wrong. And if he did not... well, it would be just another reason to dislike him.

"--------------!"

Thus The Knight chased after Chiyoko.

Before this battle began, he had made a promise to himself.

A promise to save her.

... He needed to know if he had succeeded.
    Last edited by Verg Avesta; December 28th, 2018 at 03:25 PM.

Blog Entries
    Nagi
    Paradise Lost
    Final Battle

"Fool. A response is not something you are owed, even now, I am not convinced your humanity is worth carrying on; those that deserve a response are the strong."

Ultimately.

Such a response is probably getting off lucky.

"...

Eyes that can see the truth.

They are things that many people claim to have, but out of all of them, the eyes that belong to this young woman are something that can pierce the fog around any heart without her actively willing them to do so; it is a power that has slowly emerged over the course of the past few months, as her existence repairs itself and she comes more in tune with her own nature as a 'tiny fragment' of a 'certain being.'

That is why she is able to remark on the situation being poor at a glance. It is not just your haphazard appearance, she can tell the intentions and motivations of everyone here with but a glance of her eyes, and in that regard:

"It cannot be killed."

She says it bluntly.

Naturally, while such a statement would normally be her way of stating that she didn't want to kill the opponent in question, this time around it's a bit more complicated than that; she still doesn't wish to destroy her opponents, but a quick glance at them reveals that they are also a form of immortal being, a 'hostile' Sea of Souls that had fused itself into a single God for the purposes of 'fixing' the universe by any and all means necessary.

---Tortured souls.

From her perspective, they are certainly tortured souls, out on a quest that can never be completed.

But their resolve is what's scary. They cannot be killed simply because they do not accept such a thing as an ending for them, it's as simple a thought as "continuing to believe I exist," or rather, "I think therefore I am." They will persist so long as they feel they must, and the deep sense of duty that drives them on in that regard eclipses that of every other being around them.

They will save everything, even if it means destroying everything first.

It's twisted logic, but they're long past the point of caring, their perspective is no longer that of a mortal's and-

"You. Did we not finish you the last time?"

For the first time, direct animosity at someone that had not attacked it.

While they had seemed slightly confused at the appearance of the woman at first, that confusion has turned into something resembling a deep uncharacteristic rage; it is not a true anger -their own wills have seen to that- but they purposefully twist the face of their host into a grimace regardless, because they want her to know.

She.

Above all other beings.

They can't stand.

A fragment of the Creator's twisted form, the opponent they always put down every time they came across it.

"Do not speak, dictator. Do not look at us with those pitying eyes. Any salvation you would offer is mere trickery. Your words are a sweet poison. You are a tyrant that cannot be allowed to rise again, corruption wearing the form of the Great Will, an enemy without compare, born from the twistedness of humans."

It goes on a tirade.

While it had merely rebuffed your words as those of an unfortunately incompetent human, it actually seems to 'hate' Mary. It is going out of it's way to both insult and degrade her, clearly aware of her origin, and so repulsed by her existence that it feels the need to make that distaste known, and in response to that-

"..."

The angels simply ready their weapons. It is not that they like to hear the words that this God speaks, no, the sheer silence of their response indicates that they do not feel the enemy is even worth being allowed to hear the words of the Lord, but while they take very clear and very hostile offense to the heresy spouted by the God, Mary herself...

"But I can seal it, with enough time. The angels have already promised to assist. But remember this, no matter what happens to us, we cannot let it escape this world."

Seems to regard it with a sense of pity.

It's in that moment that the God falls to one knee.

It's a sudden burst of what can only be pain, or perhaps a great sense of loss. It's an overwhelming sensation of something it has never process before, the 'pain' of something that had happened to 'itself' transferring over to it through their empathetic connection.

It's the first sign of weakness this God has shown.

Probably the last it will ever show.

The archangels charge forth at godspeed.

To them, you are irrelevant, merely allies of the moment, of circumstance.

---But considering your own take on the angels.

---This was probably how you would work alongside them best.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Saki Ryuumonbuchi
    Space
    Final Battle

Are all the lights in the sky the price of victory? The world has been left with nothing but endless dark in the wake of battle. The Starlight they rallied under may be with them still, but the light of the stars may never shine onto their world ever again. If it ever does, it won’t be the light of the same stars. It’ll be a new light, for a new world.

This one is too heavily scarred.

Saki lowered her hand. The flame subsided, returning to the cold of space. Smoke drifted from her fingertip, and as the girl turned to her friend, her lips opening to speak, she froze.

Mirroring the fall of the body of Chiyoko, Humanity’s Goddess plummeted in silence through space.

There isn’t a moment of hesitation amidst the anxiety of universal silence. Without a word, the shape of Saki's body fades into fire, slithering through space like lightning. Physical body emerging from the haze of fire directly beneath the Goddess, a new platform of spirit energy forms at her feet to support Saki as she catches the falling Goddess in her arms.

For an ESPer whose vessel lacked the physical excellence of the rest of her kind, it’s a difficult catch. Even in an environment without gravity, the action is something she’s unused to. Mimicking the Goddess’ own method, one hand wraps around the Goddess’ mid-back, and the other around her legs. The Princess carry.

As celebratory as the gesture may appear, there is no beaming sense of conquest radiating from Saki. Holding the Goddess in silence, her eyes remain firmly affixed to the surface of the moon, where the enemy’s host body fell.

Because despite the battle reaching the zenith it had, she still felt it. That it wasn’t over. Not yet. Not so easily. If it was that easy, things would have been settled the night before.

Makoto Fujioka
    Here or There

“Hwaaaaa”

Staring out at the spectacle the small sound escapes my lips. Exhaustion, relief, frustration, expectation, desire, eagerness. A nonsensical melding of emotions as everything flowed and blended together, emotions others and my own.

Regardless of whether it was a beginning or an end the next step was obvious.

My hands extend to reach targets that had already reached the moment I envisioned the movement.

Cradling Chiaoko-nee in my arm, supporting…

Uuuuuuuuuuuh…

Cradling Whoever-that-person-who-wasn’t-Lane-who-looked-fun-to-bopthrough slinging him onto my shoulder.

“With a one and a two, BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

Nyahaha Chiaoko-nee wakey, wakey or is this an invitation to wake the sleeping princess however I want?”

Laughing to myself as scenes and plans form inside the clouds of my head, I take a single sidelong glance before I step forward to the destination I already reached.

“Jaaaa Jaaaaaaaa ~ I’m back Ane-san! I found a princess and a person who can only talk funny?”

With a smile, I greet the person I haven’t spent enough time with as I wait for her to show me to the doctor place.

How silly, I dislike you, defy you, want to cut you but I’ve realized that I don’t think I’ll ever hate you silly fake and… You don’t need to worry so much regardless of what happens your wish will come true. So just feel free to sleep till its time to wake up again, I’ll do my best to make sure it’s a happy dream I can promise you that.

The desires twisting inside me, honing their own edges feel as if it isn’t over but I don’t feel a shred of worry. Like Kimichi said there’s nothing left but to walk forward and do what we need to.

Factor of Time equipped.
    Factor of Space equipped.

Blog Entries
    Mikagura Mika
    Final Battle

Like two comets, they fall, streaks against the sudden darkness of space. A part of me considers going after Chiyoko—to confirm the deed has been done, but my heart already knows my course of action. Without hesitation, I chase after the searing star that is Ryuumonbuchi Saki, Nami surely alongside. Though we may not be as fast, our will to rush to humanity’s goddess is just as fervent.

There are practical reasons, of course—the Conception still requires a deity, and Yamuna is the most reliable ally humanity has that meets those criteria, but that’s not why we run.

We’re her knights, after all. It’d be shameful if we didn’t rush to our liege’s side. Not merely out of duty, but out of affection.

And, as much as I am loathe to admit, there’s so much I have to give back to a goddess who has saved me countless times again and again. I have to make sure she’s safe.

“Yamuna,” I say as we approach, though I don’t know if she can hear. “We’re here.”

For you.

Blog Entries
    Jacques Dussault
    Final Battle

It's just a moment of hesitation, but in that moment, that girl - Saki? Whatever her name is, the shorter girl goes soaring after Yamuna, and Mika springs after her.

I really doubt a ship bigger than suns is gonna squeeze in there.

Besides...

I've never been one for heroics, dramatic entrance aside. Tomoya was the one who was best at saving people, not me. I couldn't even save Arya - not when he needed me the most. I've done my best to make up for it, but even now, now that we've fended off an attack that could level the planet, defeated what couldn't be beaten...

I bite the bottom of my lip.

I can't trust it.

A spin of the wheel is all it takes for us to float gently to the moon, dwarfing it as Naglfar docks alongside of it. From here, the Devourer - no, Chiyoko - looks so frail, so small, even against the frame of the shining Knight at her side.

I let out a breath through my nose, something I wasn't consciously holding.

I want to believe we've done it, of course.

But I've never been one to slack off when it counts.

"Hey," I call out to the two of them, voice rougher than sandpaper. "You all right down there?"

The surface of the moon begins to darken as my Eclipse - something I've been saving and saving - begins to slowly take effect. It's not a bomb, or a spear, or a drill, or anything. It just slowly and unfailingly turns anything and everything it touches into shadows, and it drips over the sides of Naglfar like an ocean of ink, creeping onto the surface of the moon.

"How is she?"
    [12:37] <I3uster> if playing overwatch would save my mother from the deathbed
    [12:37] <I3uster> id probably flip a coin
    [12:38] <I3uster> to see if i play or not

[18:23] <frantic> spinach is like a caffeine zombie

[18:23] <frantic> in AX he would like
    [18:23] <frantic> drink 8 shots of espresso
    [18:23] <frantic> then he'd turn to me an hour later
    [18:23] <frantic> 'frantic', he'd say, his eyes wild and his lips smug
    [18:23] <frantic> 'i need coffee'

Blog Entries
    Guardians of the Future
    The Moon ~ Time Unknown

The feeling that accompanies the God's fall remains as an uneasy one.

While the nature of Universal Law makes it's reappearance within this world theoretically impossible, the slow revelation that many of you have come to over the course of the fight is that the enemy is more than capable of making miracles; if it truly did used to be a 'humanity,' then there is a possibility that it will come back even from this, and thus, the feeling that the day of judgement has not quite ended remains strong.

But even without it, this might just be the end of the world regardless.

The damage the God had done in it's wake is catastrophic. None of you are on Earth in this moment, but the true disappearance of the Sun itself, let alone the other stars, is one that will do untold damage to the Earth's ability to support life.

Yes.

While you had fended off that God with a strange power humanity had been programmed to never be able to use completely willingly, the reality is that a death blow has likely been dealt to the planet regardless of your victory.

---Of course, that's also quitter talk.

A way to continue existing will likely appear if you just continue onwards. The existence of magic and demons was a reality after all, and through those powers a miracle that can mitigate the damage may exist; hell, since the Conception ritual was already in progress, it may ultimately serve as a reset button that can undo absolutely all damages that the body sustained... Theoretically it's possible, with that power you could not only revive or remake the universe, but bring back all those that had passed away in defense of it.

...Of course, while theoretically possible, the thought itself seems unlikely.

The world is not a kind place. The Devourer's words had hinted at a more sinister, false nature to everything; while the 'original world' was one that had passed away during the course of the Conception, this world was merely a replica of that one, one that was set up to walk the same path due to the nature of fate. There was a possibility that the Conception actually wasn't possible inside of here at all, or even if it was...

The Devourer wouldn't have allowed such a power to continue to exist.

Even so, even if everything is already in pieces... The only way to go is forward.

"SHE DID WHAT?!"

For Nami, it's a very righteous indignation.

While the group as a whole seems to have split duties when it comes to deciphering the damage of the situation, and rescuing comrades that had been cast out into the depths of space, the words that the Admiral speaks in regard to the current state of the Goddess is not entirely pleasant for those that had come to visit her to hear. While her use of Universal Law had been designed to force the Devourer into a seal perpetually, it seems that the exact location that she had chosen was that of her own body; out of all the things in the universe, it was a seal that had the best chance of continuing to hold in the event that the conceptual side of matters failed, but the stress of both pushing Universal Law to it's limit alongside using herself as the designated seal had caused all of her non-necessary life functions to shut-down.

In other words, the Goddess had fallen into a supernatural coma of sorts. There was no sign that she would wake back up soon, if she would even wake up again at all...

"Stupid! Stupid! What the hell?! We were supposed to meet everyone back home after this!"

The personality of 'that knight' was shining through Nami again, but the Goddess doesn't respond to any voice or touch, because she is no longer capable of doing so... Her body is neither warm nor cold in Saki's hands; her skin and features are as unfairly perfect as always, and while she is breathing, and the 'presence' of the Devourer can be faintly felt from her form, the look on her face is neither content or agony. It is sleep in it's purest form, and as such, no one is able to tell if she can hear you or not, but...

"You're always like this! You just figured you'd do it now and figure out the consequences later, right?! Well I'm not letting you sleep in, if that body's useless I'll find you another one, and then you're in for the longest lecture-"

Her tirade pauses.

Not because she's done yelling at a particularly reckless Goddess, but because of the sudden chill that had just shot up her spine.

---Of course, you feel it too.

A contradiction.

The presence of something that had been 'sealed,' continuing to exist in the 'universe' around you.

---

Bizarre interactions between a knight and a swordsman aside, the purpose of your mad dash is the same:

To ensure the freedom of a long-forgotten friend.

While her body had been destined to crash gracelessly against the surface of the moon, two colliding -timely in their own way- interventions make that an impossibility. As an ESPer herself, it was not a crash that would have done any real harm to her, certainly less than the many attacks that had forced their way to her body during the course of the past few minutes, but it is a thoughtful gesture all the same.

---One that may get the both of you in a certain form of trouble later on, but one that is allowed to pass in this moment.

"..."

Unlike the Goddess, the former Weather Reporter does show signs of awakening after a few moments. Eyes flicker in a confused, disoriented way as she hears impossible voices and feels impossible things; the body that had been stolen so forcefully had been returned, the chains she had been bound with had shattered in a flash of light in the depths of her internal space, and now...

"...ah..."

A sound.

It is not much of one. While she is not fatally wounded -and is regenerating fast even now- the physical stress of being a vessel for something far far greater than herself made it impossible for her to speak coherently. It is not the emotionless and infinitely strong words of the Devourer, who had continued to stand up again and again even after receiving cosmic attacks, but rather the more subdued sound of a human that was trying to shake themselves back into the land of true consciousness, or at least that's what the two of you think...

"No... It's got a paradox...It's still there..."

Until you hear words that confirm a worst case scenario...

The universe trembles.

---

The return of the enemy is not entirely unexpected, but with more than half of your original 'army' heavily wounded, the instinctual reaction is to band together in order to minimize the number of weak spots that remain open to your enemy.

However, even though all of you can feel the trembling of the 'world,' and the Knight himself can sense the presence of the one he had clashed blades with again and again, it's actual position remains somewhat of a mystery. First instinct is that it will simply possess Yamuna, however even as the trembling grows worse and worse her body remains still and at peace, and...

"The Yamuna Project had a more than worthy result. If we were anyone else, that strike would have backed us into a corner. Even now, her body holds strong, it is a worthy seal."

It's voice comes from everywhere and nowhere, or rather, the feeling you get is that the universe itself is speaking to you.

Of course that is unlikely, and indeed... In the distance, just as a Dragon had once roared to life in the depths of space from a youth's awakening, something golden, a many armed statue -like a one hundred armed Bodhisattva- becomes possible to glimpse with your mortal eyes. The projection is immense, so large that the Moon itself is dwarfed in comparison, but there is something at it's base, something no bigger than a human-

"However, we do not lose to anyone. To underestimate humanity's tenacity is foolish, and thus, long before this, when we created it, we wrote a law into the world: By our hands, on the promised day, it will come to it's end. It does not matter if we are sealed, or even if we are destroyed, to carry out your destruction the universe itself will call us forth again and again. For that purpose, we can even escape an eternal seal, even if only temporarily."

---Ah.

So that was why it didn't matter how much power it used, and why it could afford to hold back so much. It had written it's destruction of this world into the Akashic Records itself, and thus...

It can't lose.

Or to put it another way...

There was never a chance for victory for you from the start.

Of course, the ability to comfort yourself with the fact that you have managed to take it down with you should remain a possibility, but-

"However, for our purposes, temporary freedom is not enough, as our task is not complete. Even on ourselves our law is absolute, so we cannot undo what your Goddess has done. We can exist here only so long as it takes to wipe you from existence, however, the method of destruction belongs to us. You exist within the System, the System upholds both the Law and your Lives, thus, the method of death will be complete deletion of the System Records in it's entirety. This will accomplish all objectives."

-Even that is robbed from you, in the end.

The form it approaches you with is that of a human you do not recognize. The golden statue seems to emanate as a grand God from it's back, but the boy itself is not unlike someone you would see on your Earth; but he is not a vessel that will resist, it's merely a form they have crafted for their own purposes, one that will no longer infect them with 'needless things' and sully the purity of their thoughts.

"It is unfortunate, we wished to preserve a record of those who have fallen inside of ourselves. That would be our mercy as those who were once like you, but you have left us no choice, humans. Our task cannot be allowed to fail, and thus, this will be the end of everything. Farewell. But be comforted, I will at least allow you to spend your final moments in your original forms."

So saying, the battle begins again.

Then again, to call it a battle is a little foolish. It is no longer fighting you, no, it is deleting everything you know.

Literally.

It's like a white wind.

It runs through everyone, grinding away at their existence no matter who they are; as an attack it doesn't have a true form other than that wind, a manifestation of the Devourer's will to erase absolutely everything inside of this world in order to secure it's own escape. This is not limited to organic beings, when it says it is deleting everything, it means everything; inorganic and organic objects alike are slowly worn away as if being viciously assaulted with sandpaper, and the feeling of a razor wind grinding across every part of your body is an indescribable pain that dwarfs even the Kyuubi's mud.

Only Chiyoko and the Knight are unfazed by it, for her it is because her form here was 'real,' rather than something created by the God. But for him, this resistance will exist only in the beginning, because he has become a manifestation of the populace's dreams, he will last until the last of them fall, and then fall to pieces himself.

It had made this world, that was how it had revived everyone.

Naturally, it owns everything it created, this includes the bodies you're using right now, as well as the rest of the matter in the universe.

The ability to do whatever it liked with you was always present, the Gears had simply been more precise, a way to subdue you in a state in which you could be stored forever as records, but if the task is to simply destroy absolutely everything without trying to scavenge data from those parts it deemed important, then it doesn't have to bother with it.

The 'wind' you are feeling is your own existence rebelling against this destruction, your own thoughts declaring you exist even as a greater force declares you do not, but it is grinding you away, forcing you out of this universe and back into one in which you are deceased, and it is doing so faster rather than slower.

To be frank, you are basically already dead. While you are being erased slower than most, those that exist on the earth or on the naglfar won't be as fortunate, for them, there is but a few moments of agony left before they are reduced to the true nothing from whence they were first revived.

No path to victory seems to exist.

Resistance is impossible, it's victory was written in history, and no illusion would save you this time.

Even the magic words that have saved you up until now, those words that appear when fate is looking you dead in the eye...

Don't seem like they bring you any real comfort now.

The only real choice...

Is how you choose to disappear.
    Last edited by Airen; September 29th, 2019 at 05:12 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Saki Ryuumonbuchi
    Final Battle

The white wind sweeps over the black perpetuity of space. It is an eraser, wiping away everything that it touches without allowing resistance. The prerogative of destroying humanity has been dropped; all will perish, lost to eternity. The world of despair that they all call home will be deleted, as a fake should. It was something never meant to be, an incubator for the curse that is their despair. Again and again they repeated, death and rebirth, hope and despair, light and dark. Caught in a vortex of unending doom, written into law by this.

A figure of gold, enlightenment personified. A monument to truth, it is the world’s creator, and now it is the world’s unmaker.

It created this fake, and it is destroying it.

All of it.

As one of the many who aren’t real in this world, the white has already stripped away much of Saki. The agony of being removed from the record that governs all overpowers all of the senses. The light body of the Goddess in her hands, the cold of space, the warmth of her own flame. All of it disappear in the white.

The Revenant Flame’s strength begins to fail. The arms that hold the Goddess to her chest weaken, and the platform of her own spiritual creation crumbles into the white. Releasing Yamuna, she falls.

All of these things that are fake crumble under the eraser of the true God of this world.

But one thing isn’t fake.

It still burns inside of her, burns inside of everyone. All of them. If it were so easy to get rid of then this world would never have fallen to the curse so many times.

The white wind only makes it stronger.

Saki’s… everyone’s despair. The curse that binds them all together.

It is wary of that feeling. That curse. Destroying them is a method to prevent it from ever emerging from this world. It threatens to destroy more than this fake, and for that reason it must exterminate them.

The one true God is right to fear it.

Eyes that had shut in excruciating pain open as the girl strikes the surface of the moon, and a single red lights up amongst the white and black.

A body that had already given in rises, standing atop legs that had already given out. That which is fake has already been defeated. The vessel that houses her soul is already giving out. But that soul, fake that it is, is itself a vessel, a home to feelings that are real.

Defiant eyes speak to God without words.

Those feelings, buried in each and every one of us, aren’t something you can just get rid of on a whim.

A fire of resolve took the place of the girl’s hand. The red at the end of all that this universe had ever known reached into the ESPer, Saki Ryuumonbuchi’s, chest. The fire burnt through the fading vessel that was her body. Deeper and deeper, it reached inside, finding the ‘core’ of her existence. The soul. Formless and yet so easy to envision in her mind’s eye, it was no more than an exercise in proprioception to grasp it with her hand of spiritual flame.

Inside, something foreign, integrated with her being yet not truly part of ‘her’ as she originally was brushes against the fire. A tiny fragment of the curse, that which bound her to the rest of her kind. Bound her to this cycle.

The Sesshouseki resting in her soul.

Viscerally, Saki tore the shard from her soul, from her chest. Spiritual energy scattered like blood, coloring the air blue and red. A seared ring sizzled over her heart, where her entire arm had been plunged and the fire gripping the shard began to darken.

Mustering her strength, Saki lifted the shard over her head, as if offering it to the starless expanse.

Offering it to the others.

Lifting it so that everyone could reach it. Those who have been lost and those who are still there. Those who are submerged in the white and those have already been taken by it. Even without seeing it, it reaches them. Taking from them that which they all have. Some may never show it, some may always fight it, some may hide it deep inside, and some may have come to embrace it. But as they are all humans, they have it. Because it exists in tandem with hope, and hope is what makes them human.

Streaks of shivering red reach through the universe, plundering it. The locks upon their hearts unravel as the True Eclipse of Saki Ryuumonbuchi unlocks them all, alleviating them of their despair. Taking it all here, into one single point, a twisted red light, a singularity of concentrated malice. It is everything that justifies the God’s decision to erase them. An undeniable curse that threatens all that there is, and all that could be.

A pillar of malice rises from the surface of the moon, the satellite’s surface convulsing at the destructive energy gathering atop it.

But it’s not enough. So she’ll take more.

The despair that has accrued in this fake world is more than that present in those who have lived just “this time.” Again and again, the clock turned back, throwing defeated souls that had lost to their own darkness back into the same battle. With every repetition, it grew. Becoming something even the one true God feared. Locked away within its other self, it had no choice but to watch as the curse became too powerful. The world careened toward utter destruction, a destruction that would spread and contaminate everything else once it had escaped the jail cell that was its ‘fake’ world.

Those gathered here and those who stumbled along the way-

Matsumoto Maki, Makoto Fujioka, Nogisaki Sayuri, Medrod Pendragon, Johnathan R. Black, Jacques Dussault, Hitoshira Nagi, Mikagura Mika, King, Watanabe Tomoya, Koga Ran, William Levilius, Gabriel Levilius, Alice Liddell, Master Michael, Arya Mishra, Amamiya Mashiro, Fushigi Sayara, Akio Nakamura Namasaki Kenji, Tsukino Aya, Joanna Cross, Mary Fairchild, Koizumi Sora, Gisela Seyfarth Megumi Nakamura, Isoyama Izumi, Fujiwara Miyu, Tsukino Maiya, Adala Lagerkvist, Fujimoto Chiyoko, Zerah Meir, Noriko Mochizuki, Mina Harker, Jack Wolfe, Nimura Kensuke, Ayame Jinguuji, Kiri Nikaidou, Tsuchimiya Kagura, Koharu Kusumi, Watanabe Mizuki, Souzaemon Mikado, Yagami, Nakamura Auron, Kazuhiro Mitagawa, Dante Redgrave, Akiyama Isamu, Noriyuki Izuna, Nakahara Michio, Jojo Morgenstern, Omura Keiichi, Matsuoka Naomi, Fujimoto Kayo.
    Kazuno, Nakahara-Sensei, Yamuna, Sho, Kimiko.

Suzume. Saki.

They and seven billion more, their souls trapped in a cycle that always ended in death, surrender that sensation of ‘despair’ unto her.

All of it. Even that which they can’t recall, the despair that has scarred their souls across time’s repetition, converges within the stone.

Rising to a crescendo that cannot be truly controlled, the black and white are cast aside in an explosion that cracks open space itself. The surface of the moon shatters, burning darkness emerging from Saki’s feet and filling the crater in the moon’s surface like lava.

What has been destroyed already cannot be taken back. Their reality will forever bear the scars that this cycle has left upon it. The white, too, will forever leave its mark. Seated atop his throne, the one true God of this world has wrought a demise that cannot be denied.

The only thing left to do, is to stop him before he can complete his task.

Of course, it’s impossible. Even as the weight of despair from all failed timelines and the present alike crushes reality from within her hand, a part of her accepts that as truth. It has been written into the Akashic Records.

The Devourer will destroy this world.

Does it matter?

Saki had steeled herself already. She had already sworn it. That she would make a new world. That world would rise from the ashes of this world’s destruction.

At what point did any of that change?

The cataclysm gathered as the girl took aim. A boy that radiated the purity of an uncaged mind, seated atop the throne of God.

All of reality trembled as the last of despair converged within her fingertips, and a quiet voice spoke to God.

”Haitei Raoyue.”

A destruction that has never seen shattered all that remained of the world, a beam of unerring human malice ignoring the concept of space slamming into the one seated atop the golden throne.

The struggle of all humanity condensed into a flame of calamity, and on the surface of the shattering moon, Saki Ryuumonbuchi fell. Any and all spiritual energy she could ever muster had left her, given in full to the final attack. Silently, she plummeted into the dark, the shard in her hand disappearing in a haze of red.

Weary eyes closed as a faint blue light rose from beneath her.

In a world robbed of despair, hope began to bloom.

Saki Ryuumonbuchi Class Change
    Esper (Demon Summoner) -> Human (Demon Summoner)

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The Knight
    Ex Nihilo
    Final Battle

Everything was coming to an end.

In the end, this battle... it had meant nothing. Nothing in the grand scheme of things. From the beginning the Administrator had already secured its victory, to the point that their struggle had been for naught. Even The Knight realized this. He knew it very well. To watch this divine wind erase all into nothing of white... to make the world around them go back into absolute void... it was tranquil to the point of shaking him to the very core. To think that the end of the world could be so serene...

------ How could one not feel fear when seeing it?

"... And thus everything turns to ash, becoming but a world grown dark," The Knight spoke solemnly. "Nothing will stop it, nothing can prevent it, as all returns to the start."

The red-and-blue eye shifted its gaze from the disappearing world back to the only other that had not yet been assaulted by the pain of deletion. It left alone the grand sight of the gigantic enemy and the human at its center, and focused instead on one other human. The Knight gazed at Chiyoko and from its look shone nothing but a deep apology. What did he apologize for? Was it that it had taken this long? Was it that even at this moment, when their victory should have been secure, they failed yet again? Or was it that she had returned, only to go through an ordeal such as this once more? The gaze was inscrutable, unknown, yet it was clear that the answer was all of them... and not quite any of them. There was something else there, something more human.

Something that became very clear when the helmet of The Knight faded away, revealing the face of a youth known as Medrod Pendragon.

"Hey, sleeping beauty. Time you woke up again Nimue. We were all waiting for you," Medrod spoke, his voice both sorrowful and somehow... happy? "Though I suppose I can't treat you like a kid anymore. Weirdly enough, I think you're the oldest one among us now.... though that don't mean a thing. Look as hard as I can, it's still the same snot-nosed brat under there, isn't it?"

Almost casually Medrod struck both his swords, Chrysaor and Xanadu, to the air, one on either side of him. Then he put his right hand upon the Grail Sword, which rested within his chest, buried there like a symbol of hope. And in a way, it ironically enough was one. Though Saki probably had not meant it, this sword was now the only star left in this world that was disappearing fast. The one last source of starlight outside the people themselves. It felt fitting. After all, it was also the strongest source this galaxy had to offer. One that would hopefully serve Medrod in what he was about to do.

What he knew he had to do.

"I know this isn't what you wanted. Nobody wanted it to go down like this. But... looks like the Time Devourer is just too powerful. It's too ingrained in this world of ours. Try as we might, it won't do us any good to destroy it," Medrod continued, his hand wrapping slowly around the handle of the Grail Sword. "But... nobody's to blame. Least of all not you. So listen to your elders for once and don't you dare to blame this on yourself. We all pay for the mistakes we make, and you've paid many times over. Your slate is wiped clean, at least in my books. From now on, this is a problem where nobody is at fault. Not even the Time Devourer. It's just doing what it thinks is right. Just like we are. Can we really blame it for that?"

There was a sound of bell in the erased space as Medrod, slowly and calmly, pulled the Grail Sword from his chest. It left no marks other than a sword-shaped burn scar on his chest, where the armor had not been. But that soon disappeared as the silver metal grew to cover the hole, aided by magatsuhi that weaved its crimson tapestry in tandem. Soon the sword of starlight was held aloft in Medrod's hand as he struck it in the air like the two other blades, this one right before him... between him and Chiyoko. That light was bright and warm, one of the last warm things in this rapidly fading reality. In its glow, Medrod's expression seemed to soften further as he looked at his old friend once more.

"But whatever... it's not what you want to hear, is it?" Medrod chuckled. "Honestly, I wish I could tell you I have some ingenious way to bash that thing over there with a sword so hard it'll reverse everything that happened, but no... I don't. I'm at my wits end. What's happening now is so much more than I am, to the point where I don't know where to even begin. No matter how much I fight... I can't defeat that thing."

Suddenly, the two hands of the knight caught holds of Chrysaor and Xanadu.

"So this time... I won't fight. I'll create."

There was a blinding flash of light, one to try to compete with the white wind, as Medrod struck the two swords into the core of the Grail Sword. A colossal sound, like bells of a distant, utopian isle, rang out in joy and metal melted. Medrod knew not how to really do this, but he knew he could the instincts that came with his new existence as The Knight. The Knight knew, and thus, Medrod knew. It was an instinct that drove him to drive Xanadun and Chrysaor into the heart of a star, ever closer and closer together. The tips of the blades almost touched each other in the core of the Grail Sword, and the holy song grew even louder and louder... yet at the same time, more and more gentle. There was no hatred in that song, no assertive will, not even a rousing fighting spirit of rebellion that would deny the white wind to the bitter end.

This was a new kind of song, even to Medrod.

This was a song of creation.

As the tips of the swords finally met at the very center of the star, they did not collide. Instead, they melded together and light shone even brighter. Slowly, slowly but surely, the two swords glided into each other, assimilating one another and becoming something new, something untold. They lost their original shape, becoming nothing more than starlight that was then combined by the power of a celestial object. But even the Grail Sword's shape could not contain this merging of two opposites, and thus it began breaking apart. The form of a long sword disappeared and for a moment, both Medrod and Chiyoko found themselves staring a perfect line of light that stood between them.

It was like a cut into Avalon itself.

"I have a lot I wanted to talk to you with... a lot I wanted to admonish you about... a lot I wanted to apologize for... but I guess that won't happen now," Medrod quietly spoke, his voice clear over the sound of the crystal bells. "So before I head off... there's one thing I do need to say. The most important thing to say, even if it's just an excuse to what I'm about to do. But... you know me. I'm good at making excuses. I hate what-ifs... but I love making excuses to my actions."

The three swords were no more.

No Xanadu.

No Grail Sword.

No Chrysaor.

There was simply a line of light, roughly the size of a sword, in the air.

And inside it, for it was a forge of the world itself, a starlight blade works that prepared for one last creation...

------------------------- Something was coming.

"So, in case you want to ask me why, the answer's actually simple," Medrod said and took one step closer to Chiyoko. It's my promise, my own wish after all."

And he patted her head gently, tousling her hair.

"I want to save you."

Those were the last words Medrod Pendragon said to his old friend. His hand lifted, and gone was his warmth. Instead the metallic, horned helmeted of the Knight of Rebellion appeared on his head once more, and only the red-and-blue eye shone from within it. That same hand that had acted so kindly just now reached towards the line of light... and deep within it. There, in the infinite starlight, he could feel a handle of a sword. A weapon he had never seen before, but instinctively knew. The Knight knew this sword, for it had wielded it, perhaps. It was impossible to know where reality ended and where the legend began. Or perhaps it was all a dream? Whatever the case, it was an inconsequential question at this point.

Reality was fading away.

Who cared what was real and what was legend anymore?

"Forged within a blazing star, held in stone and shining far, a sword that would begin a dream, crown a king of high esteem," The Knight announced. "It was not a tool of battle, not a tool to shake and rattle, 'tis a pen with which to write, a wish so just of might and right."

The Knight's hand pulled.

From within the light, came forth a sword of silver and carmine. A sword that crowned the kings and a linchpin that weaved, if but a moment and few flighty years, a dream not seen in this world ever since. It was a blade meant not for destruction, but one used to create a new reality itself in a form of a wish. Though it would not last, not longer than its wielder, it was a sword that stood apart from all the others. With this a boy who knew not of his destiny turned reality into legend and made the world wondrous again. It was capable of nothing short but acting as a conduit to its wielder, making the dream they wanted into a reality.

In other words... Imagination Itself.

Yes, this Sword of the Idylls, this Realm-maker.

The One That Crowns The Kings.

The Once and the Future Dream
    Caliburn

"Once again I would wield it, the sword that father saw me unfit, 'tis a sense of deepest sorrow, but with it must I make a morrow," The Knight continued, and his steps took him away from Chiyoko. "As fast as you would erase it all, as sharp as you would hurry the fall, so shall I dream anew, a brand new world just for you. 'Tis a world that I would write, 'tis a world where might is for right, a dream that knows not their death, a dream unsullied by you yet."

The Knight walked forward, and never looked back. His back was the only thing visible to Chiyoko and the others as he calmly, but surely, made his way towards the boy at the center of the grand being, the ultimate testimony of Authority. The Knight of the Rebellion, once more, stood against the might that governed the reality. The sword grasped by him shone with a golden tail of light, one that draw shapes and shadows into the white wind and drove back the white light, if just for a bit. In that light, a new dream was replacing the reality that was being erased. It was a dream of The Knight, dream of Medrod Pendragon, of a world where Time Devourer's authority and order did not extended. A world that did not contain such a dreaded, foretold outcome of a defeat. A reality that rebuked The Administrator with all it had.

It was a reality to take over for the one that was being destroyed.

One to allow others to gather themselves once more, one where they were free of that horrible pain.

A storm against another, to halt its progress and perhaps even drive it back.

For the first time in his life, Medrod Pendragon did not destroy... he created.

---------------- And he tried to create an entire reality to oppose his adversary.

"So gaze upon this dream of mine, see this light and its shine, a world that follows different fate, a dream that equals yours in weight," The Knight's voice rang out in opposition. "Erase it all and I deny, I bring life to all that die, all my life I give this blade, to see your folly thus repaid. I shalt abandon my existence... tell me, dare you reach this distance?"

With a swing of his sword, The Knight took his place before the enemy. He prepared and he took a stance, standing between the Administrator, the white wind, and others. He knew not how long he would last, if this even amounted to nothing... but as long as he could act, he would. And with this sword, he painted a new dream to take the place of the old, so that those at his back might regain their strength and find a way to stop this all.

Even if it came at the cost of everything for him.

... Even if it came at the cost of having to dream for all eternity.

For it that was what it took to for a world's full of people to live out their lives safe from this threat... then that was what he would do.

But he could not do it alone.

Even The Knight, even Medrod Pendragon, could not give himself up for the world alone.

He needed someone there by his side at this last moment.

Someone he had tried to protect thus far... but had to rely on once more.

"Red."

This was not the voice of The Knight.

This was a silent, quiet whisper of Medrod Pendragon.

"I need you. One last time."

It could be said to the be a ridiculous sight, an illustration from an old novel of knights and chivalry, belonging to myths of yore and folklore of times gone by. It ill-belonged to be something opposing an entity like the Time Devourer. Something so old-fashioned should not have been trying to protect the coming morning, the future itself. A knight in silver and a crimson dragon emerging from nothingness, the knight caressing its head and scales with his hand as if seeking strength from the creature. Two images who should have been enemies, but were all but that. The man felt his spirit rise and his heart fill with determination when he saw the being once more, finding valuable courage and strength in her familiar, reassuring eyes.

Indeed, it should have been ridiculous.

But who could laugh at it? For this knight and this dragon, they were bathed in the faraway light coming from the moon. The Blooming Hope, Saki Ryuumonbuchi, became a phoenix that lit up this despairing whiteness. A beam of humanity shattering concepts of time, space and the moon itself, heading straight towards the golden one and the human in the middle of it all, opposing them.

To protect all this hope gathered here, to allow them to stand up once more and to give the more time...

This Knight and This Dragon of the Myth raised their heads in the light of Humanity.

"Watch as a new dream is crowned. And silence..."

The Knight sat astride the dragon, leveling his sword at the enemy.

"... I hear a sound."

Thus did Medrod Pendragon ride to his final battle.

Blog Entries
    Jacques Dussault
    The Moon ~ Time Unknown

Every breath is agony.

Every second I spend, knees pressed against the deck, hands propping myself up, is like burning in the fires of Hell. God's wind brings nothing but pain, like blades dragging deep into the flesh, cutting to the bone, something I can't stand against.

Every time...

Whenever I've been at my lowest point, I've fought my way out.

For each and every slowly escalating encounter I've stood against, I've overcome it, I've survived through strength and speed and luck and sheer dirtiness, cheating as hard as I can.

Fighting with Tomoya against Kusumi - something we just managed to pull off, but pull off we did. I was only supporting him, then, but we worked together to free her from the Bane Stone.

Fighting with Joan against the Kyuubi, and Gisela - harder, trickier. I thought I was going to die; I still see her sword spinning through the air in my dreams, sometimes, coming to pin me against a wall to be killed at her leisure. Even then, I overcame it. I called out, and others answered.

Fighting against Arya, against the Reaper - I managed it. Arya and I... he took his own bullet for me, to free me from fighting him, shooting himself in the chest just so I could carry on. I still remember ripping the Bane Stone out of the Reaper's chest, remember howling, blood steaming as I crushed it in my hand.

Fighting against Erebus, against Gisela's partner - I dove deeper than I ever have before. I almost didn't make it out, that time, but I relied on people again... and they pulled me out, and I pulled through, and pulled everyone there to safety, and to victory, laughing all the while.

Fighting the Devourer, now...

To this day, I still fear the Kyuubi. I'm not like some of the other ESPers, or even like Tomoya, who stood screaming at it until the beast's spear pierced his chest. I ran away, and for eight years after that I still ran, trying so hard to become strong on my own.

And here I am, having fought my way out of the depths of a darkness I'd never imagined, something I couldn't have done without Hel by my side, riding a ship I screamed and howled and kicked and fought for, putting hope back in the hearts of millions to fight something that makes the Kyuubi, source of all my nightmares for the past eight years, look like an ant.

Somewhere along the way I stopped being quite so afraid. It's always there, it's just... if I was the same I'd been before all of this, back then, someone unknowing of anything different about the world, I would have frozen and died right then and there.

I was supposed to die, after all.

Isn't that right?

In the world that's been looping itself over and over again, right up to pulling the Bane Stone from the Reaper's chest is the farthest I've ever gotten. No other Jacques Dussault managed to overcome it, to break it in their hands like glass.

Just me.

I don't think any of them ever grasped, in the end, that they weren't alone.

My Eclipse has been active this whole time, painting the moon black; but Saki's flame lights something that can't be undone, and as I see her rip her own shard out of her chest, still on my hands and knees, I see the greatest light that I've ever seen. A beam of pure flame beyond anything that anyone here could hope to match roars towards that solitary figure, and as Saki falls I understand, instinctively, that this is the end.

If one girl, someone I don't even know, is willing to throw everything away for us, for everything that stands here to face God itself, then I cannot run away. There is no place in even the deepest circle of Hell for that.

This is where I draw my line.

As she falls, as the people around me draw on everything they've been saving, as Naglfar itself shudders in the wind, I reach into the darkness.

The shadows of the Universe are fading around me, so I turn my eye away, from the dark matter around me, from the beams of my ship, from the ink that covers the surface of the moon...

I look into my mind, eyes closed, to stare at something else.

The thing that drives everything I can do.

The concept of the 'dark'.

And I hear it, once again, for the very last time.

The music of the spheres

Factor of Time Activated

I manage to slam one hand down on the deck, getting a foot under me, then both feet, pushing myself to stand as Saki falls through the world, as Medrod crafts a blade of hope - but I can't pay attention to them, now. For some reason, I can only focus on myself.

I touch the COMP at my wrist idly, as Naglfar begins to descend, chasing after that girl.

I'm going to be putting you through a lot. I'm sorry.

I breath out, letting every doubt, every fear, every shred of loathing or self-hatred be pushed out with it into a rapidly fading world.

It's at times like these that my mind starts to wander. I wish it didn't. I can't achieve the laser-focus that Maiya and Tomoya can do; some part of me is always trying to cast around for something to snap out, some dirty trick to play or joke to make. Even at the start of this, I had to rely on Arya to keep me on the right path.

That's how it is when you're a street kid, though. I've never regretted that. There are some things I regret, I suppose, but being able to be sharp, and know when to cheat, and think for myself... those things aren't among them.

Factor of Power Activated

I wish I'd been able to spend more time with my mother. I remember being with her when she gave out, knowing as a kid that no one was going to care for me except myself.

I missed her.

I just wanted to hide in the dark until everything was better again. When she was back and it was all fixed, I could just pop out and shout and we'd laugh and dance together, the way we did when I was really little. That never happened.

The dead don't come back to life.

They stay dead, no matter what.

Factor of Space Activated

I wish I'd tried to look for my father. I could have found something, if I'd bothered to look, but... life just got in the way. I told myself I'd have more time for it, but I never did. It would have been something, at least, to know who he was and what kind of person he had been.

I doubt he'd have approved of my lifestyle.

I suppose I'll never know.

I don't have any cigarettes on me anymore. Quitting smoking was always something I told myself I'd get around to as well, but it seems I don't have any choice at all. They're long gone now, tumbled into the eternal void.

For the best, I think.

Factor of Heat Activated

There are many, many people I wish I had more time to spend with. My shipmates, Hel, my fellow ESPers, Tomoya, Arya, Maiya, Kenji, Gisela, Jack... and above all, Mina.

Someone I love.

Someone who I stayed scared of, refusing to truly pursue, just because I didn't want to screw things up. By some miracle it worked out, although for the life of me I'll never figure out why.

I'm starting to understand just how many questions I'm never going to get to ask, and it's a damn shame.

We only got, what, two dates and a single night?

Somehow, though... it was a lot better than anything that came before it.

I guess that's love for you.

Just...

It would have been nice to see the sunset together, one last time.

Watching the dusk sink away and the stars come out, throwing light down on us - I wouldn't have minded it, not one bit. I can almost taste it now, the wind rustling in the trees, the clouds gently drifting across an amber sky. Her head on my shoulder as we sit in the shade of some tall tree, together.

I don't want to make her cry.

I've never wanted to make anyone cry.

I just wanted to enjoy that final sunset.

It would have been beautiful.

I raise my hands, standing of my own free will against the Devourer.

There are no stars in the sky anymore - there's only the starlight in my heart.

That will have to be enough.

It will be enough.

I gather every bit of power I have to me, the four factors working together to burn everything there is inside of me to ashes; and I still endure. I reach deeper, pull harder, hold tighter.

I close my eyes.

My life doesn't flash before me. I don't see the faces of my friends and loved ones, though I wish I had. I just see the 'dark', and it offers a hand to me, as far as shadow itself can have one.

I take it, in greeting, and in farewell.

Goodbye, everyone.

Even now, I'm never going to give in.

At the end of all of this, any cowardice long burned away...

That's just who I am.

Symphony for the Damned
    Le Dernier Soir

Last edited by Mooncake; January 17th, 2019 at 07:27 PM.
    [12:37] <I3uster> if playing overwatch would save my mother from the deathbed
    [12:37] <I3uster> id probably flip a coin
    [12:38] <I3uster> to see if i play or not

[18:23] <frantic> spinach is like a caffeine zombie

[18:23] <frantic> in AX he would like
    [18:23] <frantic> drink 8 shots of espresso
    [18:23] <frantic> then he'd turn to me an hour later
    [18:23] <frantic> 'frantic', he'd say, his eyes wild and his lips smug
    [18:23] <frantic> 'i need coffee'

Glorious Grammar Master Race Frantic Author's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Nagi
    Paradise Lost
    Final Battle

"Fool. A response is not something you are owed, even now, I am not convinced your humanity is worth carrying on; those that deserve a response are the strong."

I don't reply to traitors to God's will. What a terrible protector of humanity you've left behind.

"..."

There's no response from the woman before me, and then --

"It cannot be killed."

--Hah. It doesn't matter.

I'll cut anything down. There's nothing that can prevent my absolute victory in this sea of seeming samelessness that I've transformed into a facsimile of a once beautiful garden. It cannot be killed? Fall into despair and die?

Don't talk such rot. Everything dies. Everything ends. This is the way reality has been set, the way that every being in this world exists. There's no such thing as an unkillable opponent, even if inscribed inside her very essence are the words of immortality. I'll crush her immortality into the endless expanse of space before I believe such a statement.

Ah...

Angels aren't anywhere near as terrifying as the existence known as Hitoshira Nagi, are they?

"You. Did we not finish you the last time?"

It's hatred.

"Do not speak, dictator. Do not look at us with those pitying eyes. Any salvation you would offer is mere trickery. Your words are a sweet poison. You are a tyrant that cannot be allowed to rise again, corruption wearing the form of the Great Will, an enemy without compare, born from the twistedness of humans."

It hates Mary. That's fine. I move in front of the girl, an eyebrow arched as I stare down God's own angels, and wait.

"..."

They don't say anything more. That's fine.

"But I can seal it, with enough time. The angels have already promised to assist. But remember this, no matter what happens to us, we cannot let it escape this world."

God is a forgiving will, with power beyond anything I can comprehend. But as I move to respond --!!

I see it.

Weakness.

A fall that can't be stopped.

A fate that can't be ended.

The only moment 'the Devourer of Time' has become something less then immortal, and shown a moment of true hopelessness. I look at Mary, my ax lazily floating beside me, and speak to her for possibly the last time.

"Hey. Don't worry, alright? I'll keep your heart pounding --"

I flip through a book of infinite realities and read the story of a Hitoshira Nagi where she stood next to Yagami Ryota as they slaughtered existence.

"--until the very end."

I rip out those emotions, those feelings, those impossibilities, and take them. The reason Hitoshira Nagi is the worst vessel is this.

She's barely human, after all. A facsimile of a facsimile of a person. A vessel for sheer, raw emotion that can't exist, an endless, burning emptiness that can't truly ever be filled. I hide the existence known as "Hitoshira Nagi", the girl who controls Humanity's Will, and fill it with "Hitoshira Nagi", the girl who was the right-hand of the devil himself.

I discard her.

"Hey Lilith, you know..."

There's a hundred thousand versions of me.

"I'm actually pretty strong, aren't I?"

I take them all.

-==UNIVERSAL LAW==-

"The Devourer of Time cannot escape the next attack."

Light. Hope. What good is it if you're not strong enough to survive? If the angels themselves discard my existence, then that's fine. I glance at Mary once more, lazily moving my axe. "You know," I tell the remnant of God, "Humankind can't help but name weapons after their wielders achieve impossible feats. It's in our blood, our souls - that the only thing more legendary then the swordsman, is the blade he carried."

I grab an ax out of the air, absentmindedly twirling an ax with no name in my hand. "There are very few weapons in human history with no names. Most of the time, those weapons are tools. This... This one has no name. The last nameless weapon in existence had a rhyme."

Among horses, Red Hare.

Among men, Lu Bu.

"Nameless weapons are weapons that were built for one purpose. One reason. To kill. To crush with absolute power. To defeat what lies before them with absolute and total impunity."

Silver fire flares around me as I wreathe my very being in the power of the Stars themselves, the sky above Heaven bending to my will.

"Of course, a weapon is an extension of the wielder. They interact, connecting back and forth, re-entwining their own power between each other with all the impossible things that comes with it."

A maniacal laugh echoes through my ears, as I drench the weapon further, grasping at Lilith's powers over light and dark and sending them through the weapon in my hands. An ax that can cut through time ---

--- is barely an ax at all.

This world is going to fall apart. There's nothing I can do to stop it. All I can do, is come at the Devourer of Time with all of my power. Every fiber, every soul in my Sea, into one attack.

"A sword is a tool of justice. A spear is a tool for hunting. What is an ax, Mary? What is a double-sided ax?"

I delve deeper into the Sea of Souls, lazily taking what I can, drifting back and forth between hundreds of different souls that dance away from my touch and stare at the weapon in my hands with fear and worry.

"It's a tool for death."

The cackling in my mind bursts into maniacal laughter, as I finally realize what the damned thing in my hands is. A fragment. A weapon that can "Kill" that which "Cannot be Killed". There's only one sort of thing like that in all of human history.

It's not Gungnir, the spear that stabbed through me.

It's not Excalibur, the holy sword.

It's not Labrys, Zeus' own ax that released Athena.

It's a scythe.

A tool that was originally for farming. A tool that was originally designer to reap wheat. Human history has transformed our perception of such a simple thing, turning it from 'a tool for farming' to a 'tool for death'. Death's scythe, a weapon that ends lives.

Something that I can hold.

"I grew up in a graveyard, you know. I'm quite used to walking alongside him."

The flames licking at my weapon grow and grow, as countless powers are thrown into it, the laughing growing higher and higher as my grin grows more and more dangerous.

"Hey, Chiyoko?"

I look up at the woman that's staggering, as two angels move towards her, and finally move.

This isn't the sort of technique that can be blocked, halted, or even slowed down. It operates on another level of speed entirely.

The speed of demise.

Some forces, some concepts are 'unstoppable'. This is one of them. The concept of death, is an everpresent thing, a fully realized representation of all that humanity is. It's something that will always be there, something everpresent that can't ever be removed.

Carving Reality Asunder
    DEATH SCYTHE

"Get the fuck out of my reality."

in the end we will make thoughtcrime impossible, for there shall be no words to express it

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

[01:05.15] <@Spinach> I can flash gang signs faster than Sasuke can perform ninjutsu and I rap like Medea's High Speed Divine Words.

Blog Entries
    Nagi
    Paradise Lost
    Final Battle

Memento Mori.

In many ways, it can be thought of as an ultimate concept.

The cessation of existence, something that awaits every human being regardless of who they are; it is something that comes to claims King and Peasant alike, an undeniable force that lights the shadow of fear in every human heart at one point or another. An axe that carved a bloody swathe through history would certainly have an affiliation for that sort of thing, a darkness born within the heart of it's own twisted consciousness, and it is in embracing that consciousness, in throwing everything you have at your opponent, that an attack that defines Hitoshira Nagi as a person is born.

---That's right, everything you have.

The speed of demise, of that possessed by the Grim Reaper.

It is said that Death is the fastest thing there is, while a number of Demons also embody that concept, the speed with which you descend upon your opponent would put even them to shame.

That is because, even if only for a moment, Hitoshira Nagi is the "ruler" of this reality.

It is a lone world, and not one that is very big. Even among the many "alternate realities" as you understand them, there is only one of these places within the entirety of existence. That is because there only needs to be one of them in order to fulfill it's function, this world is designed as the home of an Observer, one who watches over other worlds and makes records of them; none of the other versions of yourself were able to make it here before, but now, guided by your hand into your self, it is a charge that encompasses that self.

It is, in a sense, Divine Judgement.

Universal Law.

The ability of the world's ruler to alter that world's version of the Akashic Records. In other words, it is the divine ability to decide what the fate of the inhabitants is; while one cannot directly ensure the death of another through this ability, that is irrelevant, as they can indirectly do so by creating circumstances in which only the death of an opponent is a possibility. Whether that be stating that one will win the battle, or simply that an attack that will always result in the death of an opponent cannot be dodged by them; in other words, it is the most unfair curse possible, a fitting power for a true divine being.

Alongside that power, the archangels attack.

A conflagration of holy flames, the command of the Almighty to disappear descends on the body inhabited by a fragment of a hostile Sea of Souls. But in comparison to your speed even the messengers of Heaven are slow, as the fury of "Death" strikes long before the power of the Almighty.

---Even as a higher being, there is little even that God can do to avoid the blow that signals the reaper.

Because it had not created this world, it's powers are simply that of an invader rather than the owner. It cannot utilize this world's factors, it cannot alter it's Akashic Record, and it certainly cannot avoid the attack or defend itself against the strike, as you have left it no means through which to do so, and even strike in a moment in which it shows it's own weakness to you... In that regard, this should be the end.

But-

---Ah.

A dull ache spreads throughout your form even as your opponent disappears into the dark flames of demise. It's not a normal ache, one of the muscles or bones, but rather an existential one, one that comes from having your existence itself compromised by powers beyond the true grasp of a mortal mind.

The reasons are twofold:

One, your use of Universal Law for a second time had restarted that agony.

Two, the other selves that you had absorbed in an attempt to buffer this -as well as increase your own power- had not been in a prime condition themselves.

Because this world does not have alternate realities. The one you hail from does, but this world, the one that had originally been a lone island amongst an endless sea, does not have 'alternates' to speak of; the alternates that existed within your world did so at the Devourer's leisure, they were timelines that existed only within the world they had created, in other words...

This enemy is a monster that transcends timelines.

While you had been here fighting it, all of the other 'yous' had been doing so inside of the worlds it had created, and their reality, in the moment in which they had ceased to be themselves and had instead come rushing into you...

They had been dying.

---Why had they been dying?

---Ah.

You notice it now yourself, when you consider your link with the others back home.

Everyone else is dying too.

This leads to a problem, namely, that you are also now beginning to flicker out of existence from using this power a second time. It is a power humans are not meant to hold, and as the selves you had absorbed lack the vitality and stability to support your own life, the risk of simply burning to ash from use of a divine power as a mortal is more than 90%. Of course, a solution appears easily, by using Universal Law itself to ensure you survive -and are able to continue using it- you should be able to elevate yourself to the sort of being that can at least make it to your happy ending.

There are too many promises you've made to not disappear.

Too many reasons to go on living, and thus, while the dull ache turns into an indescribable agony as you frantically work to save yourself-

"Ah. So you were the one who was hurting us?"

-Until a hand emerges from the darkness, grasping at your throat with fingers so heavy -so crushing- that all other thought abandons your mind.

---It's the enemy.

Not the same version of the enemy, but certainly the same enemy.

They had become a God by fusing their wills together -completely and totally- a Sea of Souls that could finally work together in absolute harmony, and had become a Destroyer of Worlds as a result.

---But what does it mean to be a God?

A Higher Existence. Are they not the ones that continue to stand long after that wall called Death? If they had been their selves as humans rather than fragments of a collective, they certainly would not have reemerged from that attack; but because they were only a part of something bigger, those that had been struck with 'Death' had simply been forced back to 'themselves' and then sent back something with more power.

Because they have embraced being a collective, they are no longer truly human.

Because they have embraced being a collective, they will all continue to exist in some form so long as even a single one of them survives. That is one of the powers that remain to them as formerly human beings, bonds that transcend both time and space; and since it's other selves reside in a world in which it holds "Absolute Power."

No foreign death can reach them there.

"...Hitoshira Nagi. I see. You fought up until the very end, and thus the others were able to defeat me for a time, so I will commend you for that, however... You cannot be Death."

The destruction of the girl is immediate.

Closing it's hand tighter, and channeling it's complete power through that same grip, her body scatters into dust.

It's only natural, after all...

It had made that body.

"For that is our role."

With the death of the world's owner, it's protection fades, and the white wind swoops in to crush those that belonged to it.

---Only Mary, Lilith, and the Angels will remain, but they cannot do it.

"Now, accept the reality of your demise, and the end of this illusion. Out of respect, we will at least return you to your original form."

Along with that loss.

The future of humanity truly scatters into the winds.
    Last edited by Airen; December 31st, 2018 at 07:51 AM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Suzume AOGAMI
    Final Battle

The entire time her eyes were focused on her teacher, unwavering as the flames emitted from her own body gave her the feeling of her very flesh being seared off. There was no more she could do but watch and hope as Liane surpassed the already impressive feats she had shown, becoming an incarnation of martial skill. All the other participants of the battle had her respect of course, from the old barge of the dead to the unassuming girl she had asked for help earlier scheming outside of her vision. But if there was one sight that could inspire her beyond her limits, it could only be her. Regrets about never having matched her skill overcame Suzume, but it only served to cement her admiration for the one that risked so much in this fight. Not to deliver the finishing blow but simply to protect what she had fought for all this time...

That power came at a price however. Upon realizing this, her visage turned grim.

Did she have the determination to do what it takes when it came to it?

Anything else would be an insult to her teacher.

Lost in thought, she almost missed the supposed final blow delivered to a distracted God.

----

Radiant light proclaimed a hard-earned victory. Unease made her mind race regardless...was it over now? Yamuna did not move, nor did she reply to any of the inquiries by either Mika or Saki. Was this really it? A completed seal in the shape of this...peacefully sleeping young woman? Had their sacrifices to this point not been in vain then?

There was a coldness to this "place" now, previously unfelt due to the lights shining through the sky. Now, it felt as if the darkness was clinging to them, threatening to swallow them all...no, this was her inner pessimist talking. They were going to survive this. The darkness is but a temporary state.

At the very least she would be right about that.

It was like a burning sandstorm. She felt her very soul abrade as the sensation closed in. Scratching and burning at her very existence...

The seal had not failed entirely. In fact, for how outrageous it sounded to her not too long earlier, the plan seemed solid...it just didn't quite pan out. And so, the very fabric of the universe unravelled with increasing speed, like a thread pulled from the loom of fate. Even a dead god's word carried weight in the world. So was their existence. Predetermined. Always set on a path. Embodying not a bundle of uncomfortable contradictions but a purpose.

Envy. Perhaps disgust. Most of all pain. Different sensations overcame her in that moment.

And as if to emphasise her own despair, her companions gave their all.

The knight that bore a sword he never showed before.

The man who showed the divine light a world of darkness.

The girl that managed to trick even a god.

The boy that dealt the final blow.

And most of all, her trusted friend, whose desperate maneuver illuminated the very sea of souls itself, casting a last defiant attack at an enemy that already assured their end.

Did she have what it takes?

Was she willing to really take the step that was necessary to protect the world that she so desperately wished to see again?

There was only one person who could answer this.

The one person who among them had been in this fight for nothing but her willingness to be the ultimate sacrifice.

A type of being with which she scarcely got along, but which she respected nonetheless.

As if leaving her pain-wracked body, the girl projected her image as she had always done into a space that should not be.

It was time to knock on the door that should not be opened and ask a question.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute