Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 1234712 ... LastLast

Thread: Heaven's Fall into Black Chaos

Quote Originally Posted by Meh View Post
    So was the Illiad.

But, yeah Adam isn't really a hero. He wouldn't have done anything worth being placed in the ToH.

David, Joshua, and Moses on the other hand... But, I can't associate any of them with clay so the point is moot.
    If the clay made up the walls of Jericho, maybe I could associate Joshua.

Blog Entries
    Finally one my threads is overwhelmed by a mostly unrelated argument!

Quote Originally Posted by Frostyvale View Post
    I do feel the need to ask. Where is that dumb old sheath that Tokiomi had pulled out of Cornwall?

Perhaps it's a paperweight now?
    It was most likely sold or given away in exchange for something.

No sense summoning a Servant that lost last time.
    Last edited by Siriel; April 18th, 2014 at 01:46 PM.
    Ragnarok, come day of wrath
    That fallen souls might bear our plea.
    To hasten the Divine's return.
    O piteous Wanderer.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMegas View Post
    Problem, Gil is the first and oldest hero. If Adam is the first human and he came before Gil, he isn't on the throne, no ifs, ands, or buts. Come to think of it, that's potentially a problem with Pandora too.

So yeah, this is probably Enkidu
    This is literally the only reason why I think Enkidu is more likely to be that Adam.

It could also be Adam. If the first snake skin ever shed still exists then clay from the Garden of Eden isn't so far fetched.

But Enkidu is still more likely. What could Adam even have?
    Now-a-days humans are weak because degradation. He is suposedly the first human ever, and by the rule of "older is better" and "original beat copies", Adam should be one of the most powerful humans ever, if not the most powerful.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningphoenix View Post
    Rin: "I wanted Saber..."
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    Rin: "Sabers are more molestable..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    AC!Rin. Fixing problems one moan at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage of Eyes View Post
    Denizens of another dimension, meet Rin Tohsaka, Tsundere of Mass Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Ergast View Post
    This is literally the only reason why I think Enkidu is more likely to be that Adam.

Now-a-days humans are weak because degradation. He is suposedly the first human ever, and by the rule of "older is better" and "original beat copies", Adam should be one of the most powerful humans ever, if not the most powerful.
    Yeah, but servant fights are almost never decided by pure stats, and Adam probably wouldn't have any Noble Phantasms, unless the Garden of Eden counts. It would have to be something like Nero's reality marble though.

There was that Adam golem thing in Apocrypha supposedly.

But yeah, despite being super powerful, I don't see Adam winning wars that pit him against stuff like Gae Bolg or Excalibur.

Blog Entries
    If only to prevent more Apocrypha spoilers, I'll say that it's not Adam.
    O piteous Wanderer.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Meh's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Someone Jewish then?

Someone Jewish then?
    I am. Not sure why it matters though.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMegas View Post
    I am. Not sure why it matters though.
    What? That was my guess about the servant. Sorry if I offended.

What? That was my guess about the servant. Sorry if I offended.

Naw, you didn't, I just thought you were implying that he wouldn't pick a Jewish servant because of someone being sensitive.

Personally, I'd prefer not to see a Jewish servant, though that's got nothing to do with me being offended and everything to do with me finding the majority of them boring.

Literally most of them are just doods and G-d does most of the work in the stories. Like, he doesn't even empower them most of the time, he just does stuff for them provided they follow what he says.

Or maybe I'm just bitter from all those years of Hebrew school in my youth.
    Last edited by Megas; April 18th, 2014 at 03:28 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ergast View Post
    It is not "older is better" as much as "older is has more mystery", which on most of the time it is the same thing, but I like to nitpick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridgeburner90 View Post
    Shirou looks at a butter knife and his brain thinks "yupp, that's a weapon, off to my RM you go."

Blog Entries
    Constantin Nazar Yggdmillenia

One of the seven Masters chosen by the Holy Grail.

A member of one of the many families that were absorbed into Yggdmillenia as a result of their inability to get a foothold into the Clock Tower's hierarchy, his speciality lies in the modification of bodies to accomplish specific purposes.

Originally possessing little motivation and only aimlessly working on tasks that were required of him, he changed drastically nine years ago when he found a project through which he could fully develop of his talents. Since then, the results he has obtained have led to large advances in Yggdmillenia's alchemical department and his status has risen accordingly.

Unfortunately it appears that Constantin was born under an unlucky star, since his partner and Servant are the most troublesome kind of individuals.
    O piteous Wanderer.

Oh, we're getting profiles?

I'm assuming this is only for the OCs, since we have profiles for anyone who isn't. Sorta.

Blog Entries
    Profiles for every Masters and Servants, at least.
    O piteous Wanderer.

JP Friend Code
    No one cares.
    Blog Entries
    Ooh, an interesting character.

I noticed that you can just make up any member of the Yggdmillenia family due to their nature of absorbing/adopting different mage lineages to their ranks.....huh....

"......"

Quote Originally Posted by Thedoctor View Post
    Why can't we all be as sexually devious as Renko?

Miscellaneous Info

Quote Originally Posted by Renko
    "I really loathe Fanfictions that are so horrendously horrible, it makes me want to go get my massive NAIL BAT OF RAPTURE and swing it real HARD to any AUTHOR who will dare create such filthy and disgusting piece of literature!"

"THEY WON'T SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY....THEY WILL SUFFER!"

Blog Entries
    Chapter 2
    "I shall guide you..."

It was a frequent misunderstandings among the lower, and higher, families that made up the Clock Tower that the title of Lord indicated that one was superior by default. While it was certainly true that those of the major families might as well be immune to disgrace, the minor families were often left to fend for themselves.
    Never in public, of course. It was required that they give the appearance of cohesion and stability in order to maintain the establishment. But if the wrong move was made, the heir that had until now never missed for anything might suddenly find that it wasn't so easy to acquire the ingredients for their next experience. Minor inconveniences would pile up, and eventually it turned out that a magus' entire life could be spent overcoming the consequences of having offended the wrong person.

In order to avoid such problems every Lord had come to develop political links to lesser families, a veritable web of supporters and friends that would ensure that everything went smoothly.
    It was by playing the role of supplier and contact thanks to their extensive network in Western Asia that the Wynne family maintained their relatively lofty position under one of the Lordly houses.

Johnathan Wynne, the current head, found this situation objectionable.

It wasn't that he had anything against politics, really. To be honest, the subjugated status of his house didn't bring any great discontent. The problem was that he had realized after inheriting his magic crest that his father had spent so much time sucking up to the higher ups that he had almost universally failed to advance their craft.
    That, he had issues with.

How could he possibly make up for that loss of momentum? Progress was a magus family's lifeblood, and stagnation only led to inevitable decay.
    Since he wasn't a prodigy that could single-handedly advance the cause and his predecessor had been lacking in judgment, it fell to him to find a way to garner an advantage that would make up for it.

Simply put, he needed knowledge and wisdom that would make up for the underwhelming past generations.

That ongoing quest was the reason why he now found himself standing before a crimson red circle engraved on the ground.

"The circle is ready. Are there any last minute pieces of advice that you would like to share, instructor?"

Barely reacting to the irritation in his voice, the man that he had adressed sent a disdainful look at the circle on the ground over the electronic device that he held.

"Yeah: If you manage to fuck up something this simple, Belfaban should fire your teacher. Dammit, the batteries are low."

Muttering in a tone too low to be heard, the man looked back down toward the screen.

Restraining himself from sighing, Johnathan reminded himself that he should be grateful to have the man's cooperation at all. The difference in status between himself and a Lord would normally make it unthinkable for them to act as equal.

Which had made for quite a surprise when, after making his intent to participate in the Fifth Holy Grail War known, he had received a personal visit from Lord El-Melloi II.
    For reasons that he couldn't fathom, this rising star among the instructors of the Clock Tower had offered to accompany him as a consultant. Considering that Wynne himself considered his odds of victory to be next to non-existent, this made little sense.

Still, when given the chance to receive help from such a prestigious character - a veteran from the Fourth War, at that! - he had found himself unable to refuse.

Learning that El-Melloi II was one of the most deliberately insufferable persons he had ever met made him regret that decision slightly.

Retrieving the catalyst, a small ring, from a hidden pocket in his coat, he bent to carefully place it in the center.

"Dammit!" Suddenly agitated, El-Melloi threw the device on a nearby table. Recovering his morose expression a second later, he turned to the startled Johnathan. "Well, anyway. Just in case you end up messing it up, what containers have been called so far?"

A question like that normally couldn't be answered by anyone except the supervisor of the war. However if there was one thing that Johnathan could take pride in, it was in his talent to "receive information". Over the past month he had managed to elaborate a system that would analyze the information emitted by the Greater Grail, allowing him to detect the flow of prana associated with the summoning of an entity as powerful as a Servant.
    An ability doubly useful since it also drew a bullseye right on his future rivals' workshops.

"Archer was summoned before we even arrived." He recited from memory while checking the scrying tablet for any changes. "Berserker was summoned two days ago, and Rider was summoned yesterday. At this pace, the war will begin in the next three days."

The urgency was one of the reasons why he had hurried in the preparation of the circle. As far as he could tell, the Heroic Spirit that he intended to summon could only fit the class of Caster. If someone else called such a Servant first, he would have to rely on chance to provide him with an adequate Servant.

"That's interesting." Brushing his hair with his hand, El-Melloi elaborated at Johnathan's confused look. "Normally, you'd expect Assassin to be summoned early. If you have the time to plan ahead, you can set things up to eliminate people quickly. The fact that no one took advantage of the ability to choose Assassin means that they either had something specific in mind, or just came in and summoned without a plan."

There seemed to be some bitterness at those last words, but Wynne decided to let it go; there was no way to tell how the man would react if he started prying into his affairs.

"Well, anyway." Waving his previous comment away, the instructor went to sit at the table that his unfortunate device had landed on. "Do what you have to."

Nodding, Wynne positioned himself in front of the circle.

It felt a little absurd to be carrying out such an life-changing ritual in a warehouse of all things, but it had been El-Melloi's opinion that a grandiose base was the most likely to be found.

Raising one hand to circle, he intoned the chant that would seal his participation.

"Let silver and steel be the essence.
    The foundation shall of stone.
    And the archduke of contracts.
    Let gold be the color of the tribute..."

He could feel the answer from afar, as a torrent of wind began to rise from the circle with the answer of the Holy Grail. Even the unflappable instructor had fallen motionless in front of the raw power that now filled the room.

Raising his voice, he continued the incantation without flaw even as the violent flow of prana spread through his limbs like a thousand knives, bringing him to his knees.

At last, after what seemed like an hour of suffering, he reached the final words of the ritual.

"-If you will acknowledge this will and reason, appear, protector of the balance!"

A sun was born amidst the circle, blinding golden light filling the room and forcing him to shield his eyes.

"I have arrived, in answer to your summons." Even as the light receded, he could only smile in trumph and continue to kneel; the majestic voice that rang out the proof of his success. "In accordance with the contract, I shall guide you along the path to your desire."
    Last edited by Siriel; April 18th, 2014 at 11:57 PM.
    O piteous Wanderer.

JP Friend Code
    No one cares.
    Blog Entries
    Is.....that Gawain? Karna maybe...?

"......"

Quote Originally Posted by Thedoctor View Post
    Why can't we all be as sexually devious as Renko?

Miscellaneous Info

Quote Originally Posted by Renko
    "I really loathe Fanfictions that are so horrendously horrible, it makes me want to go get my massive NAIL BAT OF RAPTURE and swing it real HARD to any AUTHOR who will dare create such filthy and disgusting piece of literature!"

"THEY WON'T SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY....THEY WILL SUFFER!"

Gawain has arrived,

I'm assuming he's Saber, which means that this master is just that incompatible that he's going to bring down Gawain's luck ranking.

Never mind it's Caster, I have no idea who it is then.
    Last edited by Megas; April 19th, 2014 at 12:03 AM.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Even the unflippable instructor had fallen motionless in front of the raw power that now filled the room.
    Should be unflappable.

And a golden, sunlike majestic Caster? Interesting...

- - - Updated - - -

It probably isn't Karna, unless Siriel lied when he said he wasn't including "Mister Fancy-Cape." And it would take a special kind of screwing up to mistake Gawain for a magician.

- - - Updated - - -

I thought of King Louis the...Fourteenth? for a reason? Whichever Louis was the Sun King.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Sun?

Gawain? First thing to come to mind.

Wait, it's a caster? Welp, there goes that.

Blog Entries
    The shining golden light was because of the summoning, Caster doesn't literally glow.

- - - Updated - - -

Caster.

Strength: E
    Endurance: E
    Agility: D
    Mana: A
    Luck: A
    Noble Phantasm: B+

Class Skills:

Territory Construction: A+

The capacity to create a territory for one's magic. At this level, it is less the construction of a workshop and more the proclamation of one's authority over the chosen domain.

Item Construction: C

The ability to create magical objects. At this level, creation of basic magical objects is possible.

Personal Skills:

Gift of Wisdom: B

Representing the ability to choose the right course of action. When one possesses it to this extent, it is even possible to lead a country along the rightful path.
    Last edited by Siriel; December 6th, 2014 at 08:34 PM.
    O piteous Wanderer.