Thread: PPSSPP Settings

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Meh's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code

PPSSPP Settings

What are good settings for the latest version of PPSSPP for running games? Specifically for CCC.
    Last edited by Meh; April 20th, 2014 at 10:36 AM.

祖 Ancestor
    I don't even know how to set it up and I'm trying to run the original extra. I want it to fit on a USB that 8 gigs and thus have it be usable anywhere.

The default should work/Turn on the lazy caching/Some of the hacks too.
    Hamburgers.
    (I have a tendency of not finishing things I've started.)
    I hang out alot at my own Discord server, though there isn't really much activity in there. The Art Haus Chatterbox! Accepting commissions. Do you want some art done, and do you want it done for cheap? PM me, man, and we can talk. Currently not taking any commissions, sorry!

Banned
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread...ng-Help-Center

Should probably try asking here too.

Anyway, my experience with it is that the appropriate settings varies between what game you're playing. There are some games, like Breath of Fire III that play better with certain settings in contrast to others that are just the opposite that play terribly with those same settings. The best you can do is look up each individual game's best settings. Google is your friend.

Blog Entries
    Default settings for vanilla Fate/Extra works fine, on my phone anyway. Galaxy Note 2.

It chugs at points, like inside your room but turning the resolution down to 1x PSP fixes that. Which I do whenever Saber wants to say stuff.

http://depleted.wordpress.com/
    The contents of a deranged mind.

夜属 Nightkin
    Hey, can anybody help me? I have recently bought a new computer, running windows 8.1 and now my PPSSPP emulator is all screwy.
    I was able to run fate/extra perfectly well on my old, but now it has al sorts of bugs and crashes.
    Like hang up when trying to leave the arena, loading saves, winning an elimination round etc.
    Please advise.

Never mind. It was a corrupt iso.
    Last edited by FSNdeluxe; February 9th, 2015 at 04:05 PM. Reason: correction

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Also note, don't be silly and turn on 10x resolution rendering if you only have a 1080p (1920x1080) display, only to complain about bad performance. Native PSP resolution is 420x272 - do the math.

For EXTRA I've found that integrated graphics cards (Intel) have trouble rendering shadows properly, and have slowdown if you're not using some of the speedhack shortcuts. If you have a proper discrete card there's no issue.

CCC seems to work fine, with odd slowdowns in some areas. Though I can't get it to run at all on my laptop (same Intel GPU)
    Last edited by mewarmo990; February 17th, 2015 at 07:21 AM.

Blog Entries
    I found setting my buffered state to memory write (GPU) helped alot with my performance, Just keep in mind when tweaking the PPSSPP graphics settings to restart the emulator every now and then.