Page 51 of 155 FirstFirst ... 414649505152535661101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 3096

Thread: Star Wars General Thread - Sequel Trilogy, All EU is now Non-Canon, etc.

Blog Entries
    I know you and Rodyle don't exactly have a friendly relationship, TIM, but his joke was nowhere near over the line. Your response was. This is a public warning.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Citizen of the World TheInfamousMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Erotic Leo Fanfic View Post
    TBH though the comic is trying too hard. Why not just go to a full page of Vader's mask? By trying to quantify how he feels with the little petulant Force rage, it just makes whatever he's feeling so mundane.
    You won't be able to understand his emotions that way. He emotes better through body language and the effects on his surroundings.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I know you and Rodyle don't exactly have a friendly relationship, TIM, but his joke was nowhere near over the line. Your response was. This is a public warning.
    But you need to understand where I'm coming from. No matter what I post, no matter what I say, he says something extremely unnecessarily rude and mocking. I'm seriously having a hard time handling it better when he KEEPS ON DOING IT.
    Current Works:

Just an Unorthodox Thief (Fate/Zero-Lupin III Crossover) [Updated 7/26/2017] TV Tropes Page

Non-Nasuverse Fics:

A Different Kind of Truth (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Steel Ball Run/Persona 4 Crossover) [Updated 3/26/2017] TV Tropes Page

Banned
    TBH though the comic is trying too hard. Why not just go to a full page of Vader's mask? By trying to quantify how he feels with the little petulant Force rage, it just makes whatever he's feeling so mundane.
    I'm more horrified by the art of Christiansen and Portman.

I've heard the comic at large is alright though.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousMan View Post
    You won't be able to understand his emotions that way. He emotes better through body language and the effects on his surroundings.
    Yes, but if you read my post, you see that I am saying that trying to make his emotions understandable trivializes them, reducing a hell of a lot of pain and loss into the space magic version of punching a wall. Moreover, if you show only his mask, that heightens the effect because it draws attention to one of the horrors of what happened to Vader - he actually has no way to express himself. He can't even cry.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Yes, but if you read my post, you see that I am saying that trying to make his emotions understandable trivializes them, reducing a hell of a lot of pain and loss into the space magic version of punching a wall. Moreover, if you show only his mask, that heightens the effect because it draws attention to one of the horrors of what happened to Vader - he actually has no way to express himself. He can't even cry.
    Eh, I just feel that showing just that diminishes the numerous emotions he feels. I'm not arguing, just my opinion.

Plus there is the fact that at this point Vader is a walking ball of anger and hate with just a sliver of his old self only expressed through his longing of the past.

Right now, in between New Hope and Empire, the Sith is what's there.
    Last edited by TheInfamousMan; December 17th, 2015 at 11:53 PM.
    Current Works:

Just an Unorthodox Thief (Fate/Zero-Lupin III Crossover) [Updated 7/26/2017] TV Tropes Page

Non-Nasuverse Fics:

A Different Kind of Truth (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Steel Ball Run/Persona 4 Crossover) [Updated 3/26/2017] TV Tropes Page

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousMan View Post
    But you need to understand where I'm coming from. No matter what I post, no matter what I say, he says something extremely unnecessarily rude and mocking. I'm seriously having a hard time handling it better when he KEEPS ON DOING IT.
    There are ignore functions. Fairly easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    There are ignore functions. Fairly easy.
    I know. I just did that.

Anyways, found it funny how JJ was able to sneak in a Beastie Boys reference into the movie.
    Last edited by TheInfamousMan; December 18th, 2015 at 12:08 AM.
    Current Works:

Non-Nasuverse Fics:

Spoiler:
    [Why would you ever name anyone, even a villain, Snuke? Now everytime I see him I'll be reminded of the trip up Mr. Slave's ass in Stick of truth]
    Come visit Mobius Space where
    quite rarely
    translators gather
    and post Type-Moon stuff

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Spoiler:
    Snoke is how you spell it, but yeah, the first time I heard it, I laughed. Kept thinking "Snooch to the nooch!"

Spoiler:
    Snoke is how you spell it, but yeah, the first time I heard it, I laughed. Kept thinking "Snooch to the nooch!"
    Spoiler:
    I'm also curious whether Ren actually knows that Vader turned back to the light side or not. Or maybe he's so enamored by his dark legend that he blocked it out. Then again maybe Snoke was able to twist it saying that Luke manipulated Vader to renounce his path, with Ren conveniently forgetting how Snoke is playing him like a fiddle by spoonfeeding him this crap.
    Current Works:

Non-Nasuverse Fics:

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Spoiler:
    Considering he thinks it is a weakness that Vader succumbed to and that he's not going to make that mistake, I'm pretty sure he does know the full story.

I mean, I found the Kylo Ren story not nearly as interesting as Finn or Rey mostly because it's really like reading Legacy of the Force.

Spoiler:
    [Ren's performance once he takes off his mask reminds me a little too much of Anakin in Episode 3, like, it's kind of jarring. Also, I concur that he seems like he's pretty unremarkable outside of being Han and Leia's son]
    quite rarely
    translators gather
    and post Type-Moon stuff

Spoiler:
    Considering he thinks it is a weakness that Vader succumbed to and that he's not going to make that mistake, I'm pretty sure he does know the full story.

I mean, I found the Kylo Ren story not nearly as interesting as Finn or Rey mostly because it's really like reading Legacy of the Force.
    Spoiler:
    Well to be fair, I think that's the point of his character. Ren's a petulant spoiled manchild completely wrapped up in himself. Which is why he loses to Finn and Rey, who grew as people while he's still stuck in place attempting to be a big dark badass.
    Last edited by TheInfamousMan; December 18th, 2015 at 01:17 AM.
    Current Works:

Non-Nasuverse Fics:

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Spoiler:
    The point to his character is that he's Darth Caedus and I already know his story so it isn't new and interesting like Finn or Rey's are?

Spoiler:
    The point to his character is that he's Darth Caedus and I already know his story so it isn't new and interesting like Finn or Rey's are?
    Spoiler:
    He's a Darth Vader fanboy who's forever stuck as a manchild, which is why he's a weaker character than Finn and Rey and that's why he'll always lose.

Half of the fun is when he pays for his crimes and trying to succeed where Darth Vader failed, and failing at that.

But yeah, Finn and Rey are my favorite characters of the movie. Especially liked Finn evolving from scared former flunky who happened to have a conscience to a man who's willing to face someone way out of his league to defend his friend. And of course, Rey going from someone stuck in the past and becoming someone who aims for the future, and all the bad and good it entails.
    Last edited by TheInfamousMan; December 18th, 2015 at 01:24 AM.
    Current Works:

Non-Nasuverse Fics:

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Spoiler:
    I, uh, don't know what you're talking about, I never said anything about fighting Finn and Rey, all I said was he's less interesting because I've seen those story beats before?

Spoiler:
    I, uh, don't know what you're talking about, I never said anything about fighting Finn and Rey, all I said was he's less interesting because I've seen those story beats before?
    Spoiler:
    I'm just saying that's why he loses thematically wise, at least in my opinion. He's a third rate Darth Vader wannabe against two heroes with actual characters and drives beyond just emulating the old.

Him having a weak character might be intentional, might not be. Either way, still like almost all the other characters more than him.
    Current Works:

Non-Nasuverse Fics:

Spoiler:
    I think you're attributing a bit too much depth to his presence and character
    quite rarely
    translators gather
    and post Type-Moon stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Megas View Post
    Spoiler:
    I think you're attributing a bit too much depth to his presence and character
    Eh.

- - - Updated - - -

Spoiler:
    He loses thematically because I read official fanfiction? imi wakanai
    Spoiler:
    Yup. All hail our Disney overlords. May they continue milking franchises for all they're worth.
    Current Works:

Non-Nasuverse Fics: