Thread: Reiku's Random Doodles

Reiku's Random Doodles

So yeah, back then my course was different. I shifted into multimedia arts and all that jazz. Constructive criticism is welcome.

Requests/Commissions:
    Rusted Blade
    Unrusted Blade
    Enflamed Blade
    Ruin
    A Winning Entry X3
    Currently trying to make art for an exhibit, hoping to qualify.
    Pen tablet knight. Not yet detailed.
    My Finalized Entry
    Last edited by Reiku Tohno; May 12th, 2011 at 12:19 PM.

Blog Entries
    Looking good.
    Arthur-san is my waifu
    [20:57] frantic: I can't even remember what opinions I actually hold about the thing compared to shit I made up to piss people off
    [17:13] Airen: Its not an airen character unless gay

Blog Entries
    Pretty good. I'd say that the rust on the first one looks very CG'd though.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Added my finalized entry. Fingers crossed, hoping to be able to be accepted in the exhibit.

Blog Entries
    Hmmm....
    Hope my critique isn't too harsh. If it is, well....fill this out.
    Butthurt Form

Rusted Blade- The rust doesn't really 'fit' with the picture too well.

Unrusted Blade- The handle stands out a bit compared to the rest of it, looks a bit too flat.

Enflamed Blade- I understand the ease of using a previous work for another one, but the similarities between this one and 'Unrusted Blade' are glaringly obvious. Copy/Pasta doth not a good artist make. Think of it this way: Had you re-drawn the entire art for 'Enflamed Blade', you may have thought of something to make it better, instead of copy/pasting it and changing a few things.
    (of course, if you DID draw both by hand and did not copy/pasta, then I apologize for my assumption.)

Ruin- Not too bad. There's no one part that sticks out like the previous pieces, though I must question how such a weapon is held, as there's no real handle to it.

Pen tablet knight- Once again, a decent piece. Could use some cleaning up and such, but it's rather good overall.

Mind if I ask what exhibit you're trying to get into?
    Last edited by Marth; May 12th, 2011 at 02:49 PM.

Banned
    I swear I heard about this guy somewhere else.........................I just need to remember

Blog Entries
    A suggestion I have is to work on the coloring on the grips of the blades. They look incredibly flat because there's no shading or gradient to the color. Also, the Xs could do to have a bit of a distortion to them to make things look more curved.

The Great Challenge of Our Time

Quote Originally Posted by KENTA View Post
    Was important to me...........
    Quote Originally Posted by lilithsama View Post
    anal is what's important to you?
    nice priorities =_=
    Quote Originally Posted by KENTA View Post
    It's not important to you?

Thanks to TheSpy for the Sig pic~

LOAD "*" ,8,1

The enflamed blade is actually a requested blade which is the same one as the rusted and unrusted. The rusted blade only becomes rusted when the right wielder holds it and it can be flamed.

As for ruin, you can hold it on the ring, or the next pole or even the larger chunk missing.

Yeah, the three similar blades were more of a rush but I should have placed more on them. The rust is actually simply a pattern, I was lazy. And yes, they are flat. xD

Thanks for the constructive feedback.

Also, I'm trying to get into an exhibit that promotes the course I am in and the university I am enrolled in. MAS is the acronym of the course and MIT is the university.