Thread: Question about settings for playinga VN

Question about settings for playinga VN

< Has never played a VN before

A question, but I've heard that to play one you have to turn your settings to Japanese. (verify?)

My question is, does this affect the computers or anything noticeable of anyone else in the same household who is probably using an identical IP or not?

Thanks.

lol oops spelled playing wrong. inb4 u haven't played F/SN zomg111011!

Blog Entries
    Generally, yes, you do. It doesn't affect anything, really. Although some apps (like apple/quicktime updater) may be in Japanese.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    It won't affect anything other than your own computer, no.

And, to play FSN, you don't need to do it, and IIRC you don't for Tsukihime either (and, if you do, you can just use Applocale).

Thanks!

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    When you install the games your settings NEED to be in the Jap Locale, but after that you can change back to whatever you were using beforehand.

Several VNs need to always be played in Jap for various reasons such as text display and even just starting up, like most NITRO+ VNs. F/SN and Tsukihime don't need this, though.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Several VNs need to always be played in Jap for various reasons such as text display and even just starting up, like most NITRO+ VNs. F/SN and Tsukihime don't need this, though.
    This is probably just due to the fact that FSN and Tsukihime have real patches, and games like Saya and Chaos;Head just have "throw the text in there and say we're done!"

(Also I don't think you know what "Jap" means)

Blog Entries
    Come on now, credit where its do, retranslating the text on these things isn't a small amount of work. In the end, some minor adjustments is a pretty small price to play for that "just throw the text in" patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    I have to agree its a lot better than trying to play a game by using AGTH.

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Come on now, credit where its do, retranslating the text on these things isn't a small amount of work. In the end, some minor adjustments is a pretty small price to play for that "just throw the text in" patch.
    I wasn't insulting the translators, just saying that those games really didn't get complete patch releases.

Chaos;Head in particular was a pain in the ass for people to get working.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    I ragequit Chaos;Head's installation.

I'll try again later, though, when I've got the chance.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.