Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: [FSN x Index] Loser's Bracket

Tiger Dojo Can't Stop Won't Stop Nephirin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Kite View Post
    Also: Science side! Write your damn documents in English we mere mortals can understand!!!
    What would be the fun in that?
    Last edited by Nephirin; June 5th, 2014 at 03:36 AM.

Who stole my donuts!? Leo Novum's Avatar
    Also: Science side! Write your damn documents in English we mere mortals can understand!!!
    Well as for myself, I am enjoying the magibabble. It is one of the reasons I started this fic.

By the way, what sort of crime did Shirou unwittingly comment? Body jacking a Level Zero?
    Last edited by Leo Novum; June 5th, 2014 at 05:24 AM.

Wonderful Internet Adventurer! Red Kite's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo Novum View Post
    By the way, what sort of crime did Shirou unwittingly comment? Body jacking a Level Zero?
    Oh god, the fuck did we break?*

*Other than the vast majority of the rules of physics

Quote Originally Posted by Bdoom View Post
    You don't order Gil around. You say something and the Gil chooses to grant your request, or he doesn't, and calls you a mongrel (if you're lucky)

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    A world without Taiga?

100% BAD END
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Who stole my donuts!? Leo Novum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    A world without Taiga?

100% BAD END
    A world without Taiga I can understand but a world without Kirei I cannot.

不死 Undead
    Actually i dont think we need Kerei much, the dark side has people that can take his place.

The question i have is what was the body that shirou hijacked like? The zeros obviously dont like him, so a personality shift is probable. The idea that he was akin to shinji is terrifying. I also wonder how he could really commit crimes against the zeros as stated above; in FSN the original tracing is practically worthless in combat , which is all index!shirou seems to have had, albeit pretty flashy. Maybe he was set up by RAVENS? or a target of opportunity? in index cannon zero out devolves into wanting t beat up espers at one point. At a similar pint they are hired to take out misakas mom.

There is also the question of who he is supposed to know here: Morg, his "girlfriend", dorm mates, etc. That could be a chance to see some FSN characters again.

Lastly the change in the timeline fits AM's MO perfectly: it is the opportunity to erase millions of people from exisitance. As it is the single biggest loss of people in history this is most definitively the right kind of wish for AM. Also saber is now a monster.

Wonderful Internet Adventurer! Red Kite's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wakshazi View Post
    Lastly the change in the timeline fits AM's MO perfectly: it is the opportunity to erase millions of people from exisitance. As it is the single biggest loss of people in history this is most definitively the right kind of wish for AM.
    Yeah, but it would Also possibly end up creating millions of people, so wouldn't it kinda counteract itself? Then again, we don't know enough about the world yet to be certain.

Also: Morg M. Harway. Morg.
    This being a world in which we have the "Wytch Queen Morgana", i find it hard to believe this is coincidence...

Quote Originally Posted by Bdoom View Post
    You don't order Gil around. You say something and the Gil chooses to grant your request, or he doesn't, and calls you a mongrel (if you're lucky)

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Kirei's probably still in Italy pretending to be a decent person and running one of the Vatican mages-to-hunt-mages departments.

I'm curious whether Arturia will show up. Being taken as Merlin's disciple when she was young, and considering her crazy dragon powers and the Index-verse in general it wouldn't be surprising.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

不死 Undead
    A quick bit of trivia if you say Morg M. Harway fast and with slur a bit it sounds quite a bit like morgan le fey.

Blog Entries
    Alternate Scene:

'She's with the sniper?' thought Shirou. "I don't know who you're looking for, but I'm pretty sure you've got the wrong person."

Drawing an oddly-shaped weapon from its holster, the woman directed the barrel wand at Shirou's face.

"My name is Komaba Ritoku Sailor Moon," she replied, scowling. "For the crimes that you've perpetrated against Level Zeroes, in the name of the moon, I'll have you pay your dues. I will punish you!!"

------

Sorry - that was the first thing that came to mind :P

But this is certainly becoming interesting...
    Last edited by Epiren; June 5th, 2014 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leo Novum View Post
    Answering this question would be giving away the primary action of the current story arc.

The question i have is what was the body that shirou hijacked like? The zeros obviously dont like him, so a personality shift is probable. The idea that he was akin to shinji is terrifying. I also wonder how he could really commit crimes against the zeros as stated above; in FSN the original tracing is practically worthless in combat , which is all index!shirou seems to have had, albeit pretty flashy. Maybe he was set up by RAVENS? or a target of opportunity? in index cannon zero out devolves into wanting t beat up espers at one point. At a similar pint they are hired to take out misakas mom.
    In Academy City, there are more ways to commit crimes than simply using esper abilities. To answer your question more directly, some party wants Shirou to take a fall, and the Level Zeroes have a legitimate grudge against some party. Whether or not Shirou is the correct target for this grudge will be addressed later.

That could be a chance to see some FSN characters again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Kirei's probably still in Italy pretending to be a decent person and running one of the Vatican mages-to-hunt-mages departments.

I'm curious whether Arturia will show up. Being taken as Merlin's disciple when she was young, and considering her crazy dragon powers and the Index-verse in general it wouldn't be surprising.
    Some analogue of Kirei exists, and will probably turn up at some point. Arturia will appear eventually, but not in the immediate future. I won't address the others just yet.

Lastly the change in the timeline fits AM's MO perfectly: it is the opportunity to erase millions of people from exisitance. As it is the single biggest loss of people in history this is most definitively the right kind of wish for AM. Also saber is now a monster.
    Yeah, but it would Also possibly end up creating millions of people, so wouldn't it kinda counteract itself? Then again, we don't know enough about the world yet to be certain.
    The agency of the Grail is backed only by 60 years of mana -- not enough to wipe out a particular timeline, or even all of a timeline's inhabitants. Relatedly, Red Kite is right in that the generation of a new timeline would result in something like a counteraction. For now, I'll just say that there are methods for Angra Mainyu to get its way without immediately resorting to genocide.
    Last edited by fallacies; June 5th, 2014 at 09:15 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Fairly obvious to anyone familiar with the setting, I think.

shirou is a level 3.

He supposedly committed a crime on level zeros?

Said crime? Having a Level.

Thus:

Skill Out.

The fact that he's possibly up for a promotion to Level 4 due to 100% score on the clairvoyance cards probably put him on the fast track for the attack. I also wouldn't be surprised if that tidbit was leaked to the right group just to study his response to such an attack. Based on the first chapter, I suppose this Skill Out group is the RAVENS mentioned.
    Last edited by TSB; June 6th, 2014 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TSB View Post
    The fact that he's possibly up for a promotion to Level 4 due to 100% score on the clairvoyance cards probably put him on the fast track for the attack. I also wouldn't be surprised if that tidbit was leaked to the right group just to study his response to such an attack. Based on the first chapter, I suppose this Skill Out group is the RAVENS mentioned.
    Level 4 would still require that Shirou demonstrates his ability to be of significant use in a military capacity. The apparent functioning of his ability that he displayed during the examination doesn't seem to indicate anything of the sort -- given, he was intentionally holding back.

The Skill-Out group that Komaba is the leader of isn't the RAVENS, but the RAVENS are involved in the current encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by harouki View Post
    Said crime? Having a Level.
    Komaba's group in particular usually doesn't resort to violence without good cause.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Is being blackmailed a good cause?

Quote Originally Posted by harouki View Post
    Is being blackmailed a good cause?
    No. They only act in retribution in response to an act that does actual harm against them and theirs. Whether or not Shirou is responsible for said act is an altogether different issue.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    You know, I've been wondering. Will a Reality Marble be considered an Esper's Personal Reality in TAMnI? Also, what (supposed) level would Shirou be if he could manifest his RM (assuming the science side still considers his powers as Esper powers instead of Magecraft)?
    Last edited by fsnfan; June 9th, 2014 at 07:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fsnfan View Post
    You know, I've been wondering. Will a Reality Marble be considered an Esper's Personal Reality in TAMnI? Also, what (supposed) level would Shirou be if he could manifest his RM (assuming the science side still considers his powers as Esper powers instead of Magecraft)?
    The internal existence of a Reality Marble is roughly equivalent in meaning and purpose to a Personal Reality. At this point in time, Science Side doesn't or can't differentiate between magecraft and other abilities operated by or derived of technologically-founded means. I can't say for certain whether or not differentiation will be possible eventually, but presuming that the outwardly manifested Unlimited Blade Works were ranked under the present system, its level would be related to the scale at which Shirou can produce the phenomenon.

Given the scale attainable on Shirou's canonical prana stores, UBW would probably be ranked as a Level 4 esper ability, as Level 5 explicitly requires equivalence or capability of eliminating the entirety of a modern military force -- that is, Anti-Army, in a modern sense. (I don't believe that Shirou can presently function as an army-killer, even if he gains the capacity to materialize UBW for longer periods of time.) Strictly speaking, however, the wholesale replacement of an environment with a Personal Reality is considered only to be within the purview of a Level 6 ability.

Ergo, something like Reality Marble manifestation "shouldn't be possible" for espers unless Level 6 is attained, but the actual scale and duration limitations of Shirou's UBW in canon prevent it from even being considered a Level 5 ability -- at least in my view.
    Last edited by fallacies; June 9th, 2014 at 08:29 AM.

Wait are you saying Shirou couldn't eliminate an entire modern military force if he could manifest UBW or that he wouldn't do such a thing?

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jouaint View Post
    Wait are you saying Shirou couldn't eliminate an entire modern military force if he could manifest UBW or that he wouldn't do such a thing?
    I think he's saying that he can't trap a whole army inside his RM. It's just as big as Ryuudoji Temple if we follow canon. Otherwise, Rin would've been caught in it as well in the UBW route when Shirou was fighting Gil.
    Last edited by fsnfan; June 9th, 2014 at 08:38 AM.