Page 46 of 66 FirstFirst ... 364144454647485156 ... LastLast

Thread: Lantz's Q&A

Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    @Kura

I do believe you've completely missed the point.
    No I haven't.

High Tier Gods > Western Dragons

Gil has already beaten one of the former, but he has anti-dragon weapons and such, so him losing to a dragon is hard to believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    Time to go to the holodeck! *Rams head up Sakura's vagina*

Blog Entries
    dragons are assholes, at least to humans,
    pls cite your source on this
    they don't think of them as worth notice and a guy like Gilgamesh who practically screams "I'm special" with his every action is offensive.
    Gil has what could very well be the weapon that slew Tiamat, the "first" dragoness - who was also a goddess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Utterly irrelevant to my point which was that "strongest divine beast" is a higher testament to its power than "makes earthquakes".
    I meant to add that earlier though. The only reason he beat the bull was because Enkidu helped him.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamon View Post
    I meant to add that earlier though. The only reason he beat the bull was because Enkidu helped him.
    Who knows.
    Ragnarok, come day of wrath
    That fallen souls might bear our plea.
    To hasten the Divine's return.
    O piteous Wanderer.

JP Friend Code
    Todestrieb
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamon View Post
    That's still irrelevant to the strength of the bull.

If you weren't making a point about how strong the bull was independent of the method by which Gilgamesh defeated it, then there was no reason to quote what Siriel said as though you were contesting it.

Oh whoops what am I doing posting in this thread nope nope nope.

I just mixed up my quote tags is all. I figured it was easy enough to notice my mistake though.

the master of infinite roads lantzblades's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    @Kura

the strongest foe you've beaten does not prove you invincible to those weaker than it.

as for missing the point you have.

wrong affinity and a lack of knowledge caught him off guard, you know, the only way Gilgamesh can actually lose.

You also failed to read the part where I said had he drawn a dragon slaying weapon his chances were effectively much much higher (Saber and Archer were in the room so I doubt he could win overall though)

@Lyco

every fantasy novel ever (well, nearly everyone) Dragons are ancient creatures, humans are, in comparison, ants.

and again, if Gilgamesh knew he was fighting a dragon the conversation would likely not be happening. But he didn't know. And considering that he's only down for ten minutes and most of that is enraged curses and an inventory management session I hardly see the issue here.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Lantz you seem to be missing the point. Again. Gil would know he's fighting a dragon. Gil knows what spells people are casting before they're done, whether not Saber is a virgin and can perceive what Sakura really is at a glance. He also beats a ridiculously smart Homunculus in chess without even trying.

Also lol. He can use Gate of Babylon without Bab-Ilu (the Key).

- - - Updated - - -

Also Gil can't have "affinity issues" when his specific thing is having everyone's weakness times a thousand.

Blog Entries
    every fantasy novel ever (well, nearly everyone) Dragons are ancient creatures, humans are, in comparison, ants.
    Have you ever, perhaps, considered looking at dragons from actual mythological texts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

the master of infinite roads lantzblades's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    @MO

Sorry, I do not now, nor have I ever bought into the theory that Gilgamesh is invincible, omniscient or unbeatable. His perception was fooled by Satoshi's nature, simple as that.

@Lyco

I have, even then it's not rainbows and sunshine. The characterization of this dragon is an emperor type. He's not a nice guy personality wise.

Blog Entries
    Actually Lycodrake, 'actual mythology texts' have no bearing for Nasuverse fanfiction if Nasu does not care about myths and does what he likes.

Just gonna jump in and basically agree with that. Nasu wears his "deal with it" sunglasses at all times.

Also, nice sig.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceCaptainKatsura View Post
    Actually Lycodrake, 'actual mythology texts' have no bearing for Nasuverse fanfiction if Nasu does not care about myths and does what he likes.
    Neither do random fantasy novels.
    Ragnarok, come day of wrath
    That fallen souls might bear our plea.
    To hasten the Divine's return.
    O piteous Wanderer.

Blog Entries

Totally not a Saber clone Knick's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Except which what we have seen Nasu dragons are fairly constant in nature to mythological examples.

Eastern dragons are are archetypical one, a great beast of great power far beyond humans. They horded treasures, guarded divine places, were great beasts or calamities, and/or were just thing that ate humans. I don't think this is one dragon in western mythology that would not instantly just try and kills humans, they are all monsters fundamentally, a trial or obstacle to be overcome or avoided.

In eastern Asia however they are revered as gods, especially in china, where dragon serpents were the rivers themselves. From there it expanded mythological to form myths like the Dragon King's palace in japan, but fundamentally dragons were divine beings with ties to water.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Are you swearing by the root or are you just happy to see me?

Blog Entries

Exactly.

Though in this case I was specifically pointing out the folly of using 'actual myths' for writing TM fics.

Except which what we have seen Nasu dragons are fairly constant in nature to mythological examples.

Eastern dragons are are archetypical one, a great beast of great power far beyond humans. They horded treasures, guarded divine places, were great beasts or calamities, and/or were just thing that ate humans. I don't think this is one dragon in western mythology that would not instantly just try and kills humans, they are all monsters fundamentally, a trial or obstacle to be overcome or avoided.

In eastern Asia however they are revered as gods, especially in china, where dragon serpents were the rivers themselves. From there it expanded mythological to form myths like the Dragon King's palace in japan, but fundamentally dragons were divine beings with ties to water.

I think there were dragons different from 'western dragon' archetype you mention in Slavic folklore, though monstrous ones appeared too.

My point is that Nasu is cherrypicking anyway what fits his vision.
    Last edited by Kat; September 29th, 2014 at 08:11 PM.

The...................... ............. qwertyfatcat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Knick View Post

Western dragons are an archetypical one, a great beast of great power far beyond humans. They horded treasures, guarded divine places, were great beasts or calamities, and/or were just thing that ate humans. I don't think this is one dragon in western mythology that would not instantly just try and kills humans, they are all monsters fundamentally, a trial or obstacle to be overcome or avoided.

fixed.

Dear god, this fucking bastard...... Taunts my fucking childhood.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post

ಠ_ಠ

Totally not a Saber clone Knick's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Sorry about that, the one flaw with being distracted and making a long post when doing Latin homework, you tend try and rush it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Are you swearing by the root or are you just happy to see me?

The...................... ............. qwertyfatcat's Avatar
    What's so special about this dragon again?

Dear god, this fucking bastard...... Taunts my fucking childhood.