Page 53 of 66 FirstFirst ... 3434851525354555863 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1305

Thread: Lantz's Q&A

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors UnlimitedBladeWorks's Avatar
    Mikaya and most outcomes of Shirou

the master of infinite roads lantzblades's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You guys are burying the lead mentioning characters who are clearly not going out to fight the evils in the world as examples. As to Shirou, even in fate he kills, compromise of the idea is the natural order of his future.

getting back on topic.

Q: What does it harm to have the faiths and cosmologies' of other religions present and reachable upon death for the consciousness of a person in the Nasuverse?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    Q: What does it harm to have the faiths and cosmologies' of other religions present and reachable upon death for the consciousness of a person in the Nasuverse?
    A: It goes completely against canon. Akasha is the only place souls go unless you're A) A Heroic Spirit/Counter Guardian/Wraith/Anti-Hero or B) Buddha. There's no deviation.

As said many, many times in the thread, if you want to represent every religion and stuff in your story, you should probably look for a different universe to write for, or maybe just write original fiction. This is not an insult, by the way, it just means your story is incompatible with what you want to write for.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    if a god can exist due to belief, like a christian god or something, wouldnt they gain powers that would let them create a mini heaven
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Blog Entries
    Lantz in my opinion too should write original fiction.

Blog Entries
    @Christmo

not only was that not an answer to my question, but it also contradicts what other users in the thread have been saying for pages. As a result a choice between this input and theirs has to be made.

this "canon" fact has to be rendered untrue by the other facts presented.

also mods, can we remove those tags, they're insulting.

Blog Entries
    Eh, canon is canon, it is true by default. Other stuff is fanon, pretty much.

Blog Entries
    @Christmo

not only was that not an answer to my question, but it also contradicts what other users in the thread have been saying for pages. As a result a choice between this input and theirs has to be made.

this "canon" fact has to be rendered untrue by the other facts presented.

also mods, can we remove those tags, they're insulting.
    You asked for an answer and you got one.

And rendering [canon] to be untrue because it contradicts what ya gonna write... is it that important? What ya plan ta do with that tibit of knowledge? I mean, I'm not against ya breaking canon for yar story - or anyone else doing so, for the matter - if it makes sense. So - what are ya plans? If it is [an important plot point] and won't say, then fine. I understand. But don't be alarmed when we call out on it.

Also, I agree with some of the tags being insulting. Like the Lantz being Beiber! Clearly one is better than the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostyvale View Post
    Her route should be coming around after about five more Saber clones.
    Her route will be hijacked by a Saber clone. Everyone know it. What's more, said Saber clone will hijack Arc's role as the main heroine.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningphoenix View Post
    Rin: "I wanted Saber..."
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    Rin: "Sabers are more molestable..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    AC!Rin. Fixing problems one moan at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage of Eyes View Post
    Denizens of another dimension, meet Rin Tohsaka, Tsundere of Mass Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

The...................... ............. qwertyfatcat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ergast View Post
    Her route will be hijacked by a Saber clone. Everyone know it. What's more, said Saber clone will hijack Arc's role as the main heroine.
    Oh what the hell, just make every heroine in Type Moon Saber! Saber as Sakura, Saber as Rin, Saber as Arc, Saber as Shiki, etc, etc.

If people love Saber so much, just redraw every character as Saber, even Zouken.

Dear god, this fucking bastard...... Taunts my fucking childhood.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Ergast View Post
    The joke's on you, New!Arc is already a Saber clone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyfatcat View Post
    Oh what the hell, just make every heroine in Type Moon Saber! Saber as Sakura, Saber as Rin, Saber as Arc, Saber as Shiki, etc, etc.

If people love Saber so much, just redraw every character as Saber, even Zouken.
    Hello Takeuchi.

The...................... ............. qwertyfatcat's Avatar
    The Saber clone is the new generation of heroines for the future of Type Moon! All hail SEIBAA!

Dear god, this fucking bastard...... Taunts my fucking childhood.

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyfatcat View Post

As per the rules of Fate, there must always be a Rin in every canon Fate work. A Rin that isn't a Saber clone (but may be blonde). It must also contain at least a Sakura, that may or may not be the most powerful antagonist.

Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    The joke's on you, New!Arc is already a Saber clone.
    I know. That's why I said it.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningphoenix View Post
    Rin: "I wanted Saber..."
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    Rin: "Sabers are more molestable..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    AC!Rin. Fixing problems one moan at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage of Eyes View Post
    Denizens of another dimension, meet Rin Tohsaka, Tsundere of Mass Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

Blog Entries
    @Epiren

Actually it's not. I asked what the harm was, not what the difference between my idea and canon.

my cosmology is based on the idea that every heroic spirit (excluding Kojiro) was real, which was the truth until Nasu retconned it.

is my cosmology incorrect as of current? Yes, however it's a hell of a lot more interesting and makes WAY more sense than canon which has numerous gods having existed but no faith but Buddhism being observed (in the sense of reincarnation)

Q: Are you guys saying you wouldn't want Extra Caster to throw down against Apollo or a similar fight?

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridgeburner90 View Post
    That's the old world, grandpa.

now rin is the main girl
    youll be singing a different tune when we've reached rin clone #4094
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

祖 Ancestor
    Since you apparently actually want to take into account canon this time round, just remember if you make Satoshi more powerful/capable than mordred you're doing it wrong.
    Mordred was has superior genetics (one of best mages, Morgan, plus Saber vs. amateur among amateurs mage ,Shirou, plus saber) and was basically raised to surpass her dad. Mordred is the result of trying to munchkin a knight up with far better resources so that leaves the question:
    Q: Is Satoshi going to be stronger or more capable than Mordred?
    Q: If the above answered is yes, then why is such power needed?

Blog Entries
    No he gavethat up, read my sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    SINIB is already a fan of the best whore. Well, she's not a whore per se, but I have it on good authority that she moves like an experienced prostitute.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    @Epiren

Actually it's not. I asked what the harm was, not what the difference between my idea and canon.

my cosmology is based on the idea that every heroic spirit (excluding Kojiro) was real, which was the truth until Nasu retconned it.

is my cosmology incorrect as of current?
    It's been wrong since 2004.

A hero that becomes eternal in people's minds is no longer human after their death, and is promoted to another form of existence.
    Humans who bring about miracles, save people, and achieve great deeds, are called heroes even after their death.
    After being so called, they are promoted to heroic spirits after their death and become guardians of humanity.

It doesn't matter whether these people existed in reality or only in stories.
    It is people's minds that create a hero.
    People's wishes that "this is how things should be" give them form and set them up as real.
    Authenticity does not matter.
    They can have form as long as they have fame as a legend and people have faith.

Blog Entries
    @Grey

A: he's never been either of those things at base (magical augmentation doesn't count)

A: the question is irrelevant as stated as it presumed Mordred is somehow a primary antagonist (I have no idea how you got that idea)

@You

You missed the context, no pun intended.

Blog Entries
    Pun? No never mind, I'm sure it's dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    SINIB is already a fan of the best whore. Well, she's not a whore per se, but I have it on good authority that she moves like an experienced prostitute.