Page 56 of 66 FirstFirst ... 64651545556575861 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1305

Thread: Lantz's Q&A

Quote Originally Posted by Bdoom View Post
    So if I consider Satoshi a terrible , shitty, badly written character, you're fine with that?
    Bdoom, you just don't understand Lantz's genius!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    Time to go to the holodeck! *Rams head up Sakura's vagina*

Quote Originally Posted by Kuradora View Post
    Bdoom, you just don't understand Lantz's genius!
    Q: Does anyone on Beast Lair?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Thedoctor's Avatar
    I don't know what you guys are talking about this story is a true masterpiece.

Quote Originally Posted by Thedoctor View Post
    I don't know what you guys are talking about this story is a true masterpiece.
    a more civilized fic for a more civilized age then?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuradora View Post
    a more civilized fic for a more civilized age then?
    A more civilized fic for a more civilized age eh? Well guess what, times have changed.

the master of infinite roads lantzblades's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    @Solo

A: many users understand my method, although I'm not a genius, well maybe a little bit in the field of rpg's, not writing wise though. Anyway, the users who chose to choose to mock me really fail to get it. For the record, I'm not angry at them, I'm disappointed they couldn't come to enjoy the story presented.

again

Q: what harm does having the consciousness of a person in the Nasuverse go to their heaven or hell? Let me be clear, I'm not asking what canon says, I'm asking what is wrong with this as a difference from canon. What harm does it do?

Blog Entries
    Q. Real talk, why are you so opposed to making this an original fiction again? I'm genuinely curious.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    @Solo

A: many users understand my method, although I'm not a genius, well maybe a little bit in the field of rpg's, not writing wise though. Anyway, the users who chose to choose to mock me really fail to get it. For the record, I'm not angry at them, I'm disappointed they couldn't come to enjoy the story presented.

again
    Something kept bugging me about the part I bolded when I read it a few hours ago, and, well I guess I should point out that...

Q: If people can't enjoy your story, doesn't that mean that there's something wrong with your story? If so,
    Q: From your circumstances and limitations, why not find a friendly beta-reader to help you better your story?
    Q: On the other hand, if it's not your story that's wrong, then does that mean the people you're trying to present it to (basically this forum) is the wrong audience for your story? If so,
    Q: Wouldn't it be more beneficial to find an audience more fitting to your works?

It's mostly (morbid) curiosity since, really, it's a bit admirable/strange/neat that you've been here for so long, taking shit from pretty much everyone in this thread, and you haven't left for good yet despite all that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiya Shirou
    "Are… are you littering in my Reality Marble?"
    Current Support Nov. 5, 2016

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by qqchurch View Post
    Something kept bugging me about the part I bolded when I read it a few hours ago, and, well I guess I should point out that...

Q: If people can't enjoy your story, doesn't that mean that there's something wrong with your story? If so,
    Q: From your circumstances and limitations, why not find a friendly beta-reader to help you better your story?
    Q: On the other hand, if it's not your story that's wrong, then does that mean the people you're trying to present it to (basically this forum) is the wrong audience for your story? If so,
    Q: Wouldn't it be more beneficial to find an audience more fitting to your works?

It's mostly (morbid) curiosity since, really, it's a bit admirable/strange/neat that you've been here for so long, taking shit from pretty much everyone in this thread, and you haven't left for good yet despite all that.
    In the case when he won't answer (from what I recall):

A2. He had one before. They fell apart.
    A3. I agree. Though I think this is a good audience to get critical reviews on stories - they (typically... for other authors) wouldn't shit on/instant-fave <3 a story for no good reason :/
    A4. He has it archived on another forum, I think.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by qqchurch View Post

A: Because he's a shithead to his betareaders.

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    SINIB is already a fan of the best whore. Well, she's not a whore per se, but I have it on good authority that she moves like an experienced prostitute.

Q: what harm does having the consciousness of a person in the Nasuverse go to their heaven or hell? Let me be clear, I'm not asking what canon says, I'm asking what is wrong with this as a difference from canon. What harm does it do?
    It gets in the way of mechanics and makes Heroic Spirits less special, I suppose. It also necessitates deities in a lot of religions, and in the Nasuverse, deities are just elementals. Also also, it adds realms to the cosmology that don't already exist in it.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Thedoctor's Avatar
    Q. Do you even comprehend the questions posed here?

the master of infinite roads lantzblades's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    @Epiren

A: I already write completely original work. Turning this into an "original work" is both disingenuous and structurally faulty.

@QQ

A: no, it means they can't enjoy it, plenty of people I know can't deal with certain kinds of works or characters in fiction. Too bad for them, I have a seriously different view on fiction from the rest of people which is probably why most people butt heads with my concepts and methods. I believe a story should account for itself, not be strung up by rules unnecessarily.

A: I have had four betas. Eddy left due to time constraints for collage, Mike is currently betaing for me and Bdoom and Leo gave up. Of the four only Bdoom has a grudge because of things he misunderstood and as you can see has refused to stop harassing me over it.

A: Nope, plenty of awesome guys here to read the story and enjoy it, like Tobias, Altima and DP said the vocal majority is not equal to the majority itself.

A: you guys fit the bill, you just have to relax and go on the adventure.

@Kura

I believe just the opposite, I believe the current mechanics weaken characters and make them less special. Thanks for the quick answer though.

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    A: I already write completely original work. Turning this into an "original work" is both disingenuous and structurally faulty.
    Q: Given your other answers, why? You seem to want to alter the Nasuverse setting fundamentally anyway, so idk why you even care about using it as framework at this point.

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

Blog Entries
    Of the four only Bdoom has a grudge because of things he misunderstood
    Keep telling yourself that.

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    SINIB is already a fan of the best whore. Well, she's not a whore per se, but I have it on good authority that she moves like an experienced prostitute.

@Kura

I believe just the opposite, I believe the current mechanics weaken characters and make them less special. Thanks for the quick answer though.
    Y'know, if you don't intend to change or refine an aspect of the story, why ask about its reception? I mean, other people's opinions don't matter to you, no?

The...................... ............. qwertyfatcat's Avatar
    @Epiren

@QQ

A: no, it means they can't enjoy it, plenty of people I know can't deal with certain kinds of works or characters in fiction. Too bad for them, I have a seriously different view on fiction from the rest of people which is probably why most people butt heads with my concepts and methods. I believe a story should account for itself, not be strung up by rules unnecessarily.

A: I have had four betas. Eddy left due to time constraints for collage, Mike is currently betaing for me and Bdoom and Leo gave up. Of the four only Bdoom has a grudge because of things he misunderstood and as you can see has refused to stop harassing me over it.

A: Nope, plenty of awesome guys here to read the story and enjoy it, like Tobias, Altima and DP said the vocal majority is not equal to the majority itself.

A: you guys fit the bill, you just have to relax and go on the adventure.

@Kura

Q. Also, aren't the current mechanics what created the FSN characters?

Q. If you feel that the mechanics make the characters less special, then why write a Type Moon fic?

Q. If Tobias, Altima and DP did say that they like your fic, could you provide quotes? Its easy for people to say certain people like something without evidence.

Dear god, this fucking bastard...... Taunts my fucking childhood.

JP Friend Code
    Todestrieb
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by qwertyfatcat View Post
    Q. If Tobias, Altima and DP did say that they like your fic, could you provide quotes? Its easy for people to say certain people like something without evidence.
    He never said that they said that.

He said that they were being politically correct mods, and referenced an apparent instance in which they said that "People who dislike this story aren't everybody."

That doesn't mean that they like it, per-se, but that they refuse to jump on the train of disliking it and are trying to call attention elsewhere.

The...................... ............. qwertyfatcat's Avatar
    must have gotten the wording wrong. Thanks.

Honestly, Satoshi isn't the worst character out there, but he does need a lot of reworking imho. A little less powers would be easier to swallow for the majority of readers.

Dear god, this fucking bastard...... Taunts my fucking childhood.

JP Friend Code
    Todestrieb
    Blog Entries
    Ha ha ha, I'm not getting on that train again.