Page 51 of 66 FirstFirst ... 414649505152535661 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1305

Thread: Lantz's Q&A

the master of infinite roads lantzblades's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    @Frosty

well no, that's not the basic principle of any given religion. Even if it were the case, I still think respecting all religions by allowing the consciousness' of those who believe in them to ascend to their respective afterlives is firmly better than to force the personalities of them to be wiped clean regardless of who they are.

@Lyco

kinda late dude, I was arguing that before.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostyvale View Post
    Well the basic principle of an individual religion is that all other religions are wrong.
    Nah, I think Buddhism and Zoroastrianism are pretty cool with other religions being true. A lot of polytheistic beliefs are cool with other religions the main issue is monotheistic religions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    Time to go to the holodeck! *Rams head up Sakura's vagina*

Dapper Deathwing YeOfLittleFaith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    @Ye

the context is missed there. I wasn't referring to prior heroes when I said psychopaths and sociopaths. I was referring to the modern age in the Nasuverse.

by mundane BS I was referring to the heroes who are like king Arthur, great hero but those tales do not step beyond the boundaries of human possibility in great or wide leaps. It's not awe inspiring in the way guys like Hercules are. It makes the setting dull.
    The modern age can't have "heroes" in Nasuverse period. It's impossible. Proper Heroic Spirits cannot be born in the modern age; it's canon, and it's been canon since the VN first came out. Not because "all the modern age has is psychopaths and sociopaths", but because modern humans simply cannot achieve feats worthy of rising to the Throne Of Heroes and because gaining a 'legend' in the modern age is not possible with the way the world is.

Uh... King Arthur's story in all seemed pretty fantastic to me, even if obviously does not have the same scope as say, Hercules or Gilgamesh's. I suppose that's a matter of personal preference, even if I think it's very far from being something you can call "mundane BS" only because it's not absurd to the point of feats like holding the sky on your back. And you can't really complain at King Arthur's legend itself making the setting dull when Nasu hyped up Excalibur beyond anything in the actual recorded legends and made Arturia stand on the same ground as heroes like, again, Gilgamesh and Hercules. Blame Nasu for not hyping it further, if you must.

You didn't actually address all of my points, but okay.
    Last edited by YeOfLittleFaith; October 6th, 2014 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
    Not my fault Shirou is an awesome bro to lesbians.

Blog Entries
    King Arthur had dragons and Merlin, a magic user who is also half magical/mythical creature.
    If those two things are within the realm of human possibility, the world would be very, very different.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

JP Friend Code
    Todestrieb
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuradora View Post
    Nah, I think Buddhism and Zoroastrianism are pretty cool with other religions being true. A lot of polytheistic beliefs are cool with other religions the main issue is monotheistic religions.
    Fundamentally, a religion says "This is how the world works." and other religions say "No, this is how the world works." and even if one person doesn't care enough to stab the other guy over the argument, they still will categorically deny the mythology of any religion that isn't theirs.

Practically speaking, polytheistic religions are in the minority. They have a pretty good advantage in not blatantly denying other religions, since they won't get criticized as long as they practice quietly, and occasionally concede that "Jesus was pretty cool."

I mean nobody can logically believe that all religions are true and just rationalize away the contradictions.

Blog Entries
    @Ye

when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.

I didn't address the superman bit because man of steel as a source is wrong. You want tv source go Bruce Timm. And respect the era you pull the comic sources from.

my overall concept in the cosmology is to include everyone's right to worship as they see fit in the context of the universe, it fits with the idea of faith making things real and allows me to write cool shit like Hercules and Thor throwing down.

the thing I hate is that no matter what I do everyone just argues seemingly not listening.

Blog Entries
    No, it's the opposit...
    fuck it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    SINIB is already a fan of the best whore. Well, she's not a whore per se, but I have it on good authority that she moves like an experienced prostitute.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    you say fuck it but will you really
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Blog Entries
    Yes, Umbra has shown me the light.

SINIB is already a fan of the best whore. Well, she's not a whore per se, but I have it on good authority that she moves like an experienced prostitute.

JP Friend Code
    Todestrieb
    Blog Entries
    Gosh he really is BL Jesus.

Blog Entries
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    You've been calling them heroes so far, haven't you? We can't be expected to know which meaning you're using unless you say so beforehand.
    This is actually relevant to one of my previous points. Do you truly think none of the heroes in the Nasuverse can be considered a morally grounded, good natured person? There's a conflict between morals and duty that heroes often have to endure. Saber did sacrifice innocents during her reign, but you honestly think that makes her any less of a good natured or morally grounded person in and of itself when she did it in the fulfillment of her self-imposed duty for what she believed was a good cause?

I didn't address the superman bit because man of steel as a source is wrong. You want tv source go Bruce Timm. And respect the era you pull the comic sources from.
    I don't think you're the one to decide what sources are wrong or right as far as superheroes are concerned, but I'll leave it at that. This is another subjective point we won't arrive at a conclusion from.

the thing I hate is that no matter what I do everyone just argues seemingly not listening.
    When people argue and question, it can be because they don't understand what they're listening to. Not because of disagreeing for its own sake. To disagree you need to understand what a person is saying.

I mean nobody can logically believe that all religions are true and just rationalize away the contradictions.
    That's when you syncretize the hell out of everything.

my overall concept in the cosmology is to include everyone's right to worship as they see fit in the context of the universe, it fits with the idea of faith making things real and allows me to write cool shit like Hercules and Thor throwing down.
    1. You forget Karna, and Enkidu, and Kokutou Mikiya, and Kishinami Hakuno, and the Buddha.

2. Just so you know, all myths being true, Heracles versus Thor is a victory for Heracles because the Theoi are, like, the only pantheon whose adherents believe that their gods are literally unkillable.

JP Friend Code
    Todestrieb
    Blog Entries
    That's when you syncretize the hell out of everything.
    But isn't that what you'd have to do to establish a functional model of reality?

"Brahma created the earth and humans except Prometheus's mud dolls were also made into humans."

But isn't that what you'd have to do to establish a functional model of reality?

"Brahma created the earth and humans except Prometheus's mud dolls were also made into humans."
    I'd go the "Brahma-Prometheus created everything and humans." route if I was doing this.

Blog Entries
    Gosh he really is BL Jesus.
    Repent! Repent!

Blog Entries
    @Bdoom

Q: opposite of which statement?

@Ye

you and Kura missed the time index. I'm referring to current humans like Shirou, Shiki, Bart and so on.

other superheroes you might be right about but one of superman's core beliefs is not killing. He only ever broke that against two characters, DOOMSDAY , who killed him and in the animated Darkseid who frankly doesn't count because he's a fucking god and he wasn't actually dead.

arguments and questions for understanding are fine but that has to be a two way street, if they can come at me for answers or clarification then I should have equal rights to do so. Thus far I do not have the right.

2. Just so you know, all myths being true, Heracles versus Thor is a victory for Heracles because the Theoi are, like, the only pantheon whose adherents believe that their gods are literally unkillable.
    Well, Marvel has taught me that, indeed, Herk is, at the end of the day, more powerful than Thor, when needed. I mean, wasn't he, in the Chaos War, just a step below The Beyonder, or something?
    Last edited by Ergast; October 7th, 2014 at 05:46 AM.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningphoenix View Post
    Rin: "I wanted Saber..."
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    Rin: "Sabers are more molestable..."
    AC!Rin. Fixing problems one moan at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage of Eyes View Post
    Denizens of another dimension, meet Rin Tohsaka, Tsundere of Mass Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

Blog Entries
    Lantz, I just said I'd seen the light. Your feeble attempts at eliciting reactions from me shall no longer work.

Blog Entries
    @Ye

you and Kura missed the time index. I'm referring to current humans like Shirou, Shiki, Bart and so on.
    Oh, so you don't think Shirou is a morally grounded and good natured person then, and see him as a sociopath/psychopath. Good to know.

Blog Entries
    Ye, every time I see your avi I mistake it for Tager wearing a top hat.