Page 1 of 66 12361151 ... LastLast

Thread: Lantz's Q&A

the master of infinite roads lantzblades's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lantz's Q&A

What I've been trying to do for a long time is communicate explanations for and about my fan fiction.

This has been hampered by my poor grammar (which I have recently been forced to accept, due to a condition, that my grammar will not improve. The rest is private) and a continuing depression.

Recently I have escaped the latter and having accepted the former I tried (with fairly decent success) on DSM to create a thread to answer questions. With that in mind, using the rules setup by Kurogami there in this thread, I hope to have similar success.

1. All questions must be prefixed with Q. Answers Must be prefixed with A.

2. All questions directed to Lantz must be queries related to the Mechanics, background, equipment, feats, or abilities of Satoshi or his other characters.

3. Lantz must address all questions, he can however decline to provide an answer.

4. All answers are final, no complaining.

5. If Lantz is open to suggestions about something he will say as much in the relevant answer.

6. Lantz acknowledges that any question he declines to answer is then open to interpretation by others till such a time as he chooses to clarify.

7. I don't know is an acceptable answer.

8. Questions containing direct or indirect insults as interpreted by ME (MR IMPARTIAL) will be excluded from the above.

Rule eight referred to Kurogami himself, without him or another volunteer I'll have to fill that judgment position.

ask away guys.
    http://forums.darksidemoon.net

come join us, Darksidemoon is a new forum for discussion of all things tm

it is my firm belief that regarding the ban of mike1984 I have been given insufficient reason for the affair and it's conclusion, further than this I feel that the light manner it has been treated in is appalling. It is my sincere hope that he is not regarded in the same way as actually malicious posters who have appeared on beast's lair or otherwise as a joke to be snickered at when spoken of in the future. I will not forget my friend or view him in the manner those in charge here have presented him and his actions, nor will I accept the situation as it stands where people snicker at him as if he were a joke.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Don't you already have like 12 of these threads here?

Also -

>You
    >Impartial

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Last edited by Arch-Magos Winter; June 20th, 2014 at 03:00 PM.

Q. Where do the seemingly random lemon fanfics actually fit?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    Time to go to the holodeck! *Rams head up Sakura's vagina*

Blog Entries
    Another soon to be closed thread.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    What I've been trying to do for a long time is communicate explanations for and about my fan fiction.

This has been hampered by my poor grammar (which I have recently been forced to accept, due to a condition, that my grammar will not improve. The rest is private) and a continuing depression.

Recently I have escaped the latter and having accepted the former I tried (with fairly decent success) on DSM to create a thread to answer questions. With that in mind, using the rules setup by Kurogami there in this thread, I hope to have similar success.

1. All questions must be prefixed with Q. Answers Must be prefixed with A.

2. All questions directed to Lantz must be queries related to the Mechanics, background, equipment, feats, or abilities of Satoshi or his other characters.

3. Lantz must address all questions, he can however decline to provide an answer.

5. If Lantz is open to suggestions about something he will say as much in the relevant answer.

6. Lantz acknowledges that any question he declines to answer is then open to interpretation by others till such a time as he chooses to clarify.

8. Questions containing direct or indirect insults as interpreted by ME (MR IMPARTIAL) will be excluded from the above.

Rule eight referred to Kurogami himself, without him or another volunteer I'll have to fill that judgment position.

ask away guys.

These rules...

Hue.

Blog Entries
    He just copypasted it from DSM thread. Because only Mike pays attention to him and he feels lonely and ignored.

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So, there is a question I want to ask for a long time.

Why do you insist on Satoshi so much, lantz?

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

Blog Entries
    I feel like indulging him.

Q. Can I ask questions on/about your rules?
    Q.1. Can I ask questions regarding your world, its mechanics, or must my questions always be focused on the characters of the story?
    Q.2. Define [decline to provide an answer] - it is like, [I'm not responding to that question] or is it nothing altogether?
    Q.3. In response to Rule 4: suppose that I find your answer unsatisfactory, or I am confused on your answer altogether - can I ask that you clarify your response? Or would I have to wait for you arbitrarily clarify it yourself?

Q. Why the name [Satoshi] by the way?

Glorious Grammar Master Race Frantic Author's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    What I've been trying to do for a long time is communicate explanations - for and about my fanfiction.

This has been hampered by my poor grammar (which I have recently been forced to accept, that due to a condition, that my grammar will not improve. The rest is private,) and a continuing depression.

Recently, I have escaped the latter and having accepted the former, I tried (with fairly decent success,) on DSM to create a thread to answer questions. With that in mind, using the rules setup by Kurogami there in this thread, I hope to have similar success.

1. All questions must be prefixed with Q. Answers Mmust be prefixed with A.

5. If (GN: ?? Ambigous.) Lantz is open to suggestions about something he will say as much in the relevant answer.

6. Lantz acknowledges that any question he declines to answer, is then open to interpretation by others - untill such a time as he chooses to clarify.

Rule eight referred to Kurogami himself, without him or another volunteer, I'll have to fill that judgment position.

aAsk away guys.
    Grammar Fact: You shouldn't use capital letters unless they are the first word in the sentence, relating to titles of books, articles, games, et cetera, or addressing yourself in terms of "I"! This is important for communication!
    in the end we will make thoughtcrime impossible, for there shall be no words to express it

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

[01:05.15] <@Spinach> I can flash gang signs faster than Sasuke can perform ninjutsu and I rap like Medea's High Speed Divine Words.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Frantic Author View Post
    Grammar Fact: You shouldn't use capital letters unless they are the first word in the sentence, relating to titles of books, articles, games, et cetera, or addressing yourself in terms of "I"! This is important for communication!
    Oh hey, you guys have someone that checks grammar here? Cool.
    Last edited by Jirou; June 20th, 2014 at 02:52 PM.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    its a trap
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Blog Entries
    @Jor

A: The way you've asked this the only answer I can give is that I don't insist on him. If this wasn't satisfying as an answer then please feel free to ask a more specific one.

@Kura

A: into a greater cosmology yes but only the ones where Satoshi is not a participant in the sexual encounters such as Service with a smile. If Satoshi is screwing someone it doesn't count towards canon of any kind. Those are just brain exercises because after Shinji's route people said I should learn to write lemons. Satoshi is used for several reasons.

@Epiren

A: I was not the one to create the rules, so I'm not likely to give perfect answers. If you are ok with that feel free to ask.

A: I'll indicate a non answer with Spoilers or other such stuff.

A: you may ask for clarification but be polite please.

A: first name was Kiritsugu, I ran through the event in my head and realized that was a non option so I later came up with Satoshi. I can't be sure but I think he's named after the art director of some anime I was marathoning at the time.

- - - Updated - - -

A: And yes, you may ask about anything , not just the characters.

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    @Jor

A: The way you've asked this the only answer I can give is that I don't insist on him. If this wasn't satisfying as an answer then please feel free to ask a more specific one.
    But you do insist on him, a lot.

To be more specific, what I am curious about is:

Why do you stick with Satoshi the way you do? You put him in almost everything you do, even when that basically discourages readers and feeds the trolls. Whaat I am really curious about is why you keep using him and putting him everywhere? Why do you keep insisting with this particular character, even if it has been shown that people dislike him? Rather, why is he so important to you as a writer you feel the need to include him in almost everything you do?

They are more or less the same question expressed in different ways, but I am just indulging into my curiosity at this point.

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

Apparently BL Jesus Umbra of Chaos's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Q. Can you explain the difference between the soul mechanics of the Nasuverse and your fanfiction?

The meme is dead, long live the meme.

[3:24:35 PM] Italian Leo: i was never a faggot
    [3:24:42 PM] Italian Leo: but rather a shining ray of hope

Glorious Grammar Master Race Frantic Author's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    @Jor

Q: Why do you insist on Satoshi so much?

@Kura

Q: Where do the seemingly random lemon fanfics actually fit?
    A: Into a greater cosmology, yes, but only the ones where Satoshi is not a participant in the sexual encounters taking the one way to bonetown such as Service with a smile. If Satoshi is screwing someonedoing the old in-and-out, it doesn't count towards canon of any kind. Those are just brain exercises, because after Shinji's route people said "I You should learn to write lemons." Satoshi is used for several reasons.

@Epiren

Q: Can I ask questions on/about your rules?
    A: I was not the one to create the rules, so I'm not likely to give perfect answers. If you are okay with that, feel free to ask.

Q: Can I ask questions regarding your world, its mechanics, or must my questions always be focused on the characters of the story?
    A: I'll indicate a non-answer with Sspoilers or other such stuff.

Q: Define [decline to provide an answer] - it is like, [I'm not responding to that question] or is it nothing altogether?
    A: yYou may ask for clarification, but be polite please.

Q: In response to Rule 4: suppose that I find your answer unsatisfactory, or I am confused on your answer altogether - can I ask that you clarify your response? Or would I have to wait for you arbitrarily clarify it yourself?
    -Answer withheld by original poster.-

Q: Why the name [Satoshi] by the way?
    A: At first, the name was Kiritsugu. I ran through the events in my head and realized that was a non-option so I later came up with Satoshi. I can't be sure, but I think he's named after the art director of some anime I was marathoning at the time.

A: And Yes, you may ask about anything , not just the characters.
    Grammar Fact: It is consider polite to put the question above the answer, in order to better convey what the fuck is going on in your Q&A! Try it out sometime - you'll see the difference immediately!
    Last edited by Frantic Author; June 20th, 2014 at 03:31 PM.
    in the end we will make thoughtcrime impossible, for there shall be no words to express it

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

[01:05.15] <@Spinach> I can flash gang signs faster than Sasuke can perform ninjutsu and I rap like Medea's High Speed Divine Words.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    shut up nobody cares
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    I have a question for everyone else: why are we participating in this thread? Lantz won't change. Just ignore the thread.

Blog Entries
    @Jor

A: I don't, he's in less then ten percent of what I write. The reason it seems like the opposite is because I don't believe in rewarding the bullies and so I don't often release stuff which does not include him.

further as I said I've been trying to explain things for awhile. People who hate him largely seem to misunderstand or outright ignore my explanations or my request to let me tell the story.

a character is proven in context, not a character sheet.

@Umbra

A: I treat the soul as layered to support Nasu's statement about every legend being true. The throne gets the "body" of the soul but the mind goes to it's after life because many heroes visted their after life like Hercules with Hades and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by warellis View Post
    I have a question for everyone else: why are we participating in this thread? Lantz won't change. Just ignore the thread.
    (¬‿¬)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    Time to go to the holodeck! *Rams head up Sakura's vagina*

Blog Entries
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)