Page 1 of 143 12361151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Hollow Ataraxia Translation & Patches

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Fate/Hollow Ataraxia Translation & Patches

<<OBSOLETE THREAD: NEWER PATCH CAN BE FOUND HERE>>

Patch v1.02
    : ****************************download/jc...i22r/patch.xp3
    Instructions: Place the file in your game directory, replace any preexisting patch.xp3. If it exists, remove any old patch2.xp3 or new files will be overwritten with old.
    Notes:
    **If you are updating from an older version of the patch: use "Start" instead of "Continue" the first time you open the game after updating.

No-Install & English Locale Instructions
    So, you don't want to use Japanese Locale or AppLocale? Lazy... but it's alright, I won't judge.

For Those who haven't installed the game:
    ---------------------------------------------------
    1.Unzip/unpack the .iso into a folder name of your choosing
    2.Place the patch.xp3 into the Setup folder where FateFD.exe is
    Done. Click FateFD.exe to play.
    For those wishing to do a traditional install anyway, make sure to name your gamefolder without the Japanese "/". For instance, [Fate/hollow ataraxia = BAD] [ Fate hollow ataraxia = GOOD]

**You may want to select a different font in the Config menu if playing in a non-Japanese locale, the default isn't that good. I recommend Mona: krkr2, if it's an option.

For those who have already installed the game:
    --------------------------------------------------------
    >Just see if it works! If it doesn't, you probably have that ugly / in your game folder's name, don't you? Rename the Folder! Just get rid of that /.
    **IMPORTANT** Naturally, as the pathname to your FateFD.exe has changed, your desktop and startmenu shortcuts will all break, so you will have to recreate/update them.
    **ALSO KINDA IMPORTANT** For the rare few of you that choose to have your fateha_savadata in your gamefolder, renaming your folder will break the pathname to that as well! So on game start, a folder named "Fate/hollow ataraxia" will be recreated along with a blank savedata folder. Easy fix! Go to your newly renamed folder, copy your current fateha_savedata folder, then go to this newly formed "Fate/hollow ataraxia" folder, and overwrite that empty fateha_savedata with your current one. If you feel uncomfortable with the process, be sure to make copies of the Save folders first so you don't lose anything.
    FAQ
    » Will my saves work with an old patch? Yes. Just be sure to use "Start" instead of "Continue" the very first time to avoid any conflicts from different file versions.
    » Where are my saves? Located in a folder named fateha_savedata (you are asked where to place this the first time you start the game). You can find the location you chose by looking in the config.ksc file in your game folder, or select a new location by changing the location in the file or deleting it (in which case you will be prompted for a new location on game start).
    » Halp! I can't get 100%! Everyone is able to get 100% on any play-through, no matter what you do. Getting locked out of 100% is impossible, though some design flaws have made certain scene difficult to find under certain conditions. If you feel stuck, check these common troublespots for scenes you haven't seen yet:
    1. Make sure you get the prizes from both quiz ogres, morning and night, at Illya's castle. These unlock new scenes. You must get every question correct to receive the prize, there is one prize per ogre.
    2. Go to school during Day 1 at morning and check there. New scenes showing in the 2nd or 3rd part of the schoolday do not toggle the 'NEW' flag over the schoolmap.
    3. Go to day 4, morning, school, and re-watch the scene (School Maid), and if you haven't already seen it, a "!" event should appear right afterward just for that loop (Day 4, noon, school, Flip-Flop 3).
    *Eclipse scenes count toward your progress, but Hanafuda and Emas do not.
    **If these do not help, check your extras menu against this scene lookup and see which scene you are missing, then look at that date/location:
    Scene Lookup Guide
    There have been cases where a scene has it's "NEW" flag removed, but the scene is not listed as viewed. This is usually from opening the scene then exiting. This guide will help you locate any missing scenes you have by checking it against your Extras/Scene Play menu.
    The scenes highlighted in red are the usual troublemakers, check those first.
    10/08
    Emiya's Streets School Temple
    Iris' storehouse Towards the "splash" Caster's delivery On the verge of a dream
    Invader That past is already Illya strikes back! Visit to the grave
    Mirror of Kibisis Caren I Rider and the sandwich
    Reopening Caren II The light on the way home
    Dialogue: Lost Loop II Caren III Great problem at the archery club
    Persimmon cooking Caren IV How about a training camp?
    Rider, bicycle, and the jealous Sakura Caren V Crest fever
    The King's clothes are a swimsuit (waterfront king: prologue) Caster's shopping (hobby edition) Sakura and deluxe lunchbox
    Saber lately Quo Vadis Sisters' lunch
    Afternoon light Lancer Educational guidance
    The battle of today's menu Lancer's Heaven I The student council chairman is still going strong.
    Sakura-san lately Lancer's Heaven II Let's go for lunch!
    Fuji-Nee's persimmon feast Lancer's Heaven III Fuji-Nee's teacher form
    Wabi-sabi-tsumami Cat-tiger family rampage
    Horn (definitely) Rin and Mitsuzuri on campus
    Horn (no echo)
    Matou residents
    After coming back
    Return of the wise man
    The big three female Servants' super-battle
    Sea of memories
    Bridge of eternity - right
    Warrior's knowledge
    Murder at the Twin Mansion
    Spearman at work (flower shop edition)
    Her holiday villa
    For your forgetful self
    Murder at the empty mansion
    10/09
    Emiya's Streets
    School Temple
    Plushie This is not Heaven. Suspicious pair Caster's cooking practice
    Potato sorrow Cleaning alone One day at the archery club Dowsing housing
    Marron pie temptation Cleaning with everyone Makidera and Rin's pendant 100 views of corpses
    Rider, reading, and the jealous Sakura Caren (?) Loitering on the way, main road Dream of distant utopia
    Light-hearted promise Caster's shopping (good wife edition) Towards the cultural festival Respecting the countless servants
    A guest from 5 years back Mimic Rin/Tohsaka Lvl 1
    The trap of high-class ingredients Mimic Rin/Tohsaka Lvl 2
    Sugar candy teatime Mimic Rin/Tohsaka Lvl 3
    Familiar kid
    Angel and a diamond
    Visitor
    10/10
    Iron and the second button Three girls one day Invisible Servant Day of the festival
    Gorgon's cellar Killing and a fancy bear Sakura, Mitsuzuri, and the archery club Praying Fuji-Nee
    Selected for the King Persistent cooking Caster Mitsuzuri Minori Rider investigates
    Pool tickets and a threatening letter Successor Snake princess in the evening sun Adventures of Himuro Kane
    What kind of wedding? Bridge on an ordinary night - left Lunch with the track-and-field club A samurai and a wild flower
    Sakura's memories Two detectives
    Autumn, sky, and a golden taste Mitsuzuri's revival
    Because I groom it twice a week Himuro Kane's inquiry
    Mitsuzuri visits Smuggling, fishing boat, round-the-world trip
    Rin and high tech Rin's magic lesson
    10/11
    Dragon trance military history (??) Gossip between the two Flip-flop 2 That night: ghost stories
    Pool and the Mystic Eyes seal Anarchro-analog Rin Flip-flop 3 *1 Curse collector
    Penguin-shaped shaved ice machine Border School maid National treasure
    Level up? Adventures around the maid On the way home A cat, priest, and stubborn teacher
    Tohsaka exploration party Sakura and Caster, united edition Crosswords and shogi problems Return
    The secret to finger pressure massage is devotion. Shin-chan and the sea Training camp, approval A night at Kageyama
    Dreaming cooking Caster Blue Panther vs. Black Panther Justice and the kitten Are you here to pray?
    Big trouble! The ancient legend etc... Rin at the temple
    Big pursuit! Two teachers, etc...
    Other
    Night (look in Emiya Residence at Night)
    epilogue. Spider ladder Ritual window Confrontation
    monster Spiral ladder Kagetsu Tohya Reverse Moon
    not, Tip and chips Awakening (fake) The shore where he stayed
    Ath nGabla Dead Bridge (I) Awakening (not yet) The shore where he stayed
    Final night Dead Bridge (II) Silver thread Finale
    Peaceful Shinto Broad bridge Decisive battle Finale.
    Good night The things that suit Rider Return of the wise man Choice sake - proof of the wild *2
    Hero of the bath *2 In London Return of the wise man Streets at night (patrol)
    Sisters' crisis *3 Peace and quiet (I) Temple guardian Streets at night (battle)
    The future is now Peace and quiet (II) End of the four nights Haunted mansion
    Airmail Peace and quiet (III) Cruel teacher Tohsaka's advice
    Emiya Anmar *2 Peace and quiet (1) One last drink *2 Haunted night
    Quartet Overture *2 Peace and quiet (2) Execution appreciated
    Stray tiger Peace and quiet (3) Those tha give and take *2
    Einzbern Castle
    (Just the two important ones are listed)
    Forest alcohol, more *4
    Forest bath=present *4
    Eclipse
    Golden bathtub The backside of Kibisis *5 Himuro The Love Detective (3)
    Beginners Himuro The Love Detective (1) Sequel. *6
    Life of Sakura/Cherry blossom days Himuro The Love Detective (2)

*1: Sometimes requires you to view the scene "School Maid" right beforehand
    *2: Requires quiz ogre prize to unlock
    *3: This is just one of the last scenes unlocked, check for it last
    *4: If you don't have these scenes listed, you did not get both prizes from the quiz ogre. Go back to the one you are missing and get all those questions right!
    *5: Requires Life of Sakura/Cherry blossom days to unlock
    *6: This scene unlocks at 99.6% completion, viewing this brings you to 100%
    » How do I stop this damn cursor from flying around to menu options? In the Config menu, unselect "Move cursor on choice."
    » Will there be a voice patch? Another project team is currently working on this.

Technical FAQ/Troubleshooting guide
    » I get a crash when I go to look at the backlog. If you recently updated your patch, you need to press "Start" to clear out the backlog and the old conflicting version text. Pressing "Continue" keeps the version from the prior patch in your recent history, and the two do not always get along.
    » I'm getting an "EAccessViolation" Try changing your DEP(Data Execution Prevention) settings to make sure it's enabled for essential windows services only. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...ngs?SignedIn=1
    » I'm running the game from the Setup folder and copy/pasted it to a new computer. Now Crash, boom. If you put the savefile in documents, it is still being directed to the pathname of your old computer (due to different usernames). Delete the config.ksc file in your game directory, it will ask you for a savefile location next time you start, select a location (move your old savefiles to this location if you want to use those - press cancel to make the location your gamefolder itself).
    » I initially started the game fine, now I'm getting error messages that say "messages" and/or "kag". Try changing the location of your savefolder. Delete the config.ksc in your gamefolder and it will prompt you for a new location on gamestart.
    » I get a crash on game-start that says (syntax error, unexpected T_SYMBOL, expecting ")") . Look at the titlebar of the error. If it just says "Fate/hollow ataraxia", the game does not see a patch to use. Make sure the patch is located in your game folder (where FateFD.exe is) and that its name is "patch.xp3".
    » The game crashes on startup with a error in Japanese/question marks with "吉里吉里" in the titlebar. You likely have a corrupted file. Try theses solutions: 1. Redownload the patch.xp3, 2. Rename your fateHA_savedata to fateHA_savadataOLD (if it doesn't work, you may change the name back - if it does work, your savefile was corrupted), 3. reinstall the game.
    » I'm having difficulty installing the game. Try using the No-Install Method under the first spoiler tag above.
    » Troubleshooting crashes
    1. Try re-downloading the patch first.
    2. If you had no issue for a while and suddenly started crashing, something may have become corrupted, try reinstalling the game. Your saves will remain, just select the same location when you start the game for the first time.
    3. If all else fails, post with the following information:
    - When the issue happens (if it worked fine before, mention anything that changed before it stopped working)
    - Include a screenshot of the error (don't use the forum's attachment system, it sucks)
    - State whether the game worked correctly at one point or if you just installed the game and this happened

The official page and credits are on TLWiki at http://tlwiki.org/index.php?title=Fate/Hollow_Ataraxia
    Thank you to all the contributors who made a difference and brought everyone this translation.
    Last edited by Petrikow; January 16th, 2023 at 12:26 AM.

Change log v20140627 80.6%
    ------------------------------
    - Added 12 edited sections
    - Significant stylistic edits to script
    - Small amount of typo fixes and script change to validated portion

*At this point, all story required scenes have been reviewed.
    *17 sections remaining to move in
    Last edited by Dozenagent; June 27th, 2014 at 09:25 AM.

Blog Entries
    Wait Pai is part of the HA project now or was he always I just never knew?
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    dumb people always have shit opinions about eva, its like some kind of more reliable iq test
    [20:47:33] I3uster: in 2015 a crack memer was sent to skype prison by a court of his Peers for a crime he didnt commit. he promptly escaped from his Maximum security Forum into the twitter Underground. Today, still wanted by the skype Group he survives as memer of fortune. If you Need a shitpost, if nobody else can fuck up a thread, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire: June.

20.06.2014 Never forget

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilm View Post
    Wait Pai is part of the HA project now or was he always I just never knew?
    shh, gonna see how long until he notices.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacktheinfinite101 View Post
    Is EDreamer really helping? d00d, I haven't heard from him in ages.
    Yeah, he came back the same time I did and has done a lot of the translating work since.

He did come back the same time as you but after a few PM's never got back to me, is he working from the scripts like you are?
    Memorable quotes

Quote Originally Posted by Kinoko Nasu
    So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    Quote Originally Posted by UnlimitedBladeWorks
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

He did come back the same time as you but after a few PM's never got back to me, is he working from the scripts like you are?
    Mostly on entrans & some through msg. Entrans is still a nice system, even if we can't validate on it.
    Entrans isn't going to match the script used very well in some places though.
    Last edited by Dozenagent; June 27th, 2014 at 09:18 AM.

JP Friend Code
    By request
    Yeah, I'm still alive and kicking. Sorry for losing touch for over a month, some things were happening in RL that turned my attention away from this project. But I'm back now, and I intend to keep translating/editing the scene scripts until they're finally done, especially now that the end is finally in sight.

Quote Originally Posted by EDreamer View Post
    Yeah, I'm still alive and kicking. Sorry for losing touch for over a month, some things were happening in RL that turned my attention away from this project. But I'm back now, and I intend to keep translating/editing the scene scripts until they're finally done, especially now that the end is finally in sight.
    No worries, I was just surprised because you never got in touch with me, so I figured Dozenagent was on his own. Little did I know.............I feel kept out of the loop
    Memorable quotes

So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Dozenagent View Post
    shh, gonna see how long until he notices.
    The first thing I do when I get on BL is search up my name because I'm a raging egomaniac.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    The first thing I do when I get on BL is search up my name because I'm a raging egomaniac.
    sasuga Pai
    dumb people always have shit opinions about eva, its like some kind of more reliable iq test
    [20:47:33] I3uster: in 2015 a crack memer was sent to skype prison by a court of his Peers for a crime he didnt commit. he promptly escaped from his Maximum security Forum into the twitter Underground. Today, still wanted by the skype Group he survives as memer of fortune. If you Need a shitpost, if nobody else can fuck up a thread, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire: June.

20.06.2014 Never forget

Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    Remind me whenever I decide to actually make a sig, for it to be entirely composed of: PAITOUCH PAITOUCH PAITOUCH PAITOUCH

Is EDreamer really helping? d00d, I haven't heard from him in ages.
    Memorable quotes

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Should change your avatar EDreamer, only one person is deserving of an Archer picture.

JP Friend Code
    By request
    Oh, and who would that be? I'm not gonna change my avatar, mind you, Archer is my favorite character and this is my favorite pic of him, so it'll be changed over my cold dead body. (Or when I find a better pic that suits my fancy, whichever comes first.) But I'm curious who would be more deserving.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    gamecreater16, hero of justice
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

gamecreater16, hero of justice
    Next patch I vote that we change every instance of 'hero of justice' or 'superhero' with 'gamecreater16'

jk/
    Last edited by Megas; June 27th, 2014 at 02:07 PM.

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    fuck that guy, I bet he did not even creater 16 games

Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    fuck that guy, I bet he did not even creater 16 games
    I bet he createred more than that.

Blog Entries
    He clearly meant to spell "gamecrater16."

As in,

Slang.
    a. to cancel, abandon, or cast aside: to crater the new project.
    b. to destroy or ruin: One more disappointment won't crater me.
    Strangely appropriate example sentences.
    Last edited by Reiu; June 27th, 2014 at 02:15 PM.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    He createrd countless games. In the end he just felt like a cleaner. What a pointless existence.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute