Page 351 of 371 FirstFirst ... 251301341346349350351352353356361 ... LastLast
Results 7,001 to 7,020 of 7406

Thread: Beast's Lair History

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Given that most 'users' are non-posting guests, and even among posters we've a shit ton of barely posting lurkers, I'm 99.9999% sure he was joking.

I'm also pretty sure we were more supportive of him when he was being hit on at the gym than his birthdays.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Blog Entries
    Then I don't facking know. Some translation patch or fanfic launch?
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan
    Welcome to BL, new user. Don't forget to fate/stay mad

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Fanfic maybe, the RP forum is basically an independant entity these days

translation patch, for what? Far too late for Hollowgate, and nothing else would really bring that many people here at least until Mcjon drops the full English Mahoyo patch he's been working on all along.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Blog Entries
    It's less RP forum, more Create-a-Servant though.

- - - Updated - - -

Shit I got it confused with the Fanfic forum
    MY point still stands
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan
    Welcome to BL, new user. Don't forget to fate/stay mad

After giving up about reading the thread as a whole, which was a bad idea...

What is/was GD?
    Did Leo come back?
    Did all the attempts at making a BL wiki end like this? (LeopardBear appears in the early contributor list on this one)
    Last edited by Kador; January 13th, 2023 at 06:53 PM. Reason: added a word

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kador View Post
    After giving up about reading the thread as a whole, which was a bad idea...

What is/was GD?
    Did Leo come back?
    Did all the attempts at making a BL wiki end like this? (LeopardBear appears in the early contributor on this one)
    General Discussion.
    Yes.
    ;_;
    Yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    No.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I thought Leo died in a Hong Kong Walmart?
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Country Preacher stabbed Leo to death in the Hong Kong Walmart. I was there.

Thank you rafflesiac for the revelation.

Seikeo, i remember you writing this in another thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by SeiKeo View Post
    This state and this society produce gacha, which is an inverted consciousness of the world, because they are an inverted world. Gacha is the general theory of this world, its encyclopaedic compendium, its logic in popular form, its spiritual point d’honneur, its enthusiasm, its moral sanction, its solemn complement, and its universal basis of consolation and justification. It is the fantastic realization of the human essence since the human essence has not acquired any true reality. The struggle against gacha is, therefore, indirectly the struggle against that world whose spiritual aroma is gacha.

Gacha suffering is, at one and the same time, the expression of real suffering and a protest against real suffering. Gacha is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people.

The abolition of gacha as the illusory happiness of the people is the demand for their real happiness. To call on them to give up their illusions about their condition is to call on them to give up a condition that requires illusions. The criticism of gacha is, therefore, in embryo, the criticism of that vale of tears of which gacha is the halo.
    This deserves to appear in the Beast's Lair History.

Criticism has plucked the imaginary flowers on the chain not in order that man shall continue to bear that chain without fantasy or consolation, but so that he shall throw off the chain and pluck the living flower. The criticism of gacha disillusions man, so that he will think, act, and fashion his reality like a man who has discarded his illusions and regained his senses, so that he will move around himself as his own true Sun. Gacha is only the illusory Sun which revolves around man as long as he does not revolve around himself.

It is, therefore, the task of history, once the other-world of truth has vanished, to establish the truth of this world. It is the immediate task of philosophy, which is in the service of history, to unmask self-estrangement in its ungacha forms once the gacha form of human self-estrangement has been unmasked. Thus, the criticism of Quartz turns into the criticism of Earth, the criticism of gacha into the criticism of law, and the criticism of waifuism into the criticism of politics.
    Last edited by Kador; January 13th, 2023 at 04:59 AM. Reason: removed a word

Blog Entries
    yeah but you're not gonna do it though, are you
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

Regarding the day in August where the forum got 10,000 posters for some reason, as I was reading the entirety of this thread, I found some people discussing an earlier event where a large amount of individuals visited the forum (though less than what happened in August, it was like what, six thousand people?). At the time it was concluded that BL was simply linked in a bigger place. I reckon that if no one has any immediate understanding of what happened (and I can ascertain from reading the entire thread that nothing is mentioned in August 2020 here at all; in fact this thread is quite inactive for most of 2020 and even 2021 until October 2021, when Gennews gets shut down and the thread begins The Descent...), then that was probably what happened.

Unrelated:
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    I do think the Mahoyo anime might bring over some people, there's a palpable fatigue with social media fandom culture going around and I think a lot of people are nostalgic for forums but genuinely don't know active ones exist.
    I made my account in 2017 which is when I was active in Discord communities regarding TYPE-MOON. I was a roleplayer back then and literally only lurked the Create-a-Servant threads for ideas to steal, ahaha...

It was only later that I came back and decided to begin posting again as a combination of two factors. The first is Petrikow's theory post, which was cross-posted everywhere else due to its high quality and plausibility and made me remember this place existed. The second is because of my own yearning for forums, as a matter of fact...

The modern Internet is too high speed, and more importantly, brevity and emotional distance is law. You have to communicate fast, and communicate basically in memes. I tended to draw a lot of ridicule from others for being longwinded and passionate, because I used to post in forums and imageboards a lot, where typing longer posts was considered more acceptable. I accepted forums as simply a "thing of the past" and tried to adjust myself to Discord and social media, but to little avail. I had contented myself with Reddit as the next best thing.

I was depressed because the current culture of the Internet simply does not gel with me very much. People don't really talk to each other. They don't really think about themselves or the things they like very much. It's all very... consume one thing, and then move on to the next. Put up layers and layers of irony to protect oneself, and live in fear of defying the 'in-group' that may remove you, itself an action borne out of fear. I have been part of several Discord groups that essentially ate themselves alive because nobody actually wanted to communicate with one another. Nobody wanted to "get real". Because... being real, being vulnerable, is scary now. It was always a little scary, but, you know, the Internet used to be a place where people who were afraid of being vulnerable found places where they could be. Almost inherently due to that separation between the real world and the virtual world talked about earlier.

It was only when I found Petrikow's post that I was like. Whoa. So there's an actual forum available where people care a lot about stuff, and it's active?! Really?! I was overjoyed! This is all I ever wanted! And even if the forum may not be as active as it used to be (7th is basically dead, and the forum as a whole feels more like a quaint little rural village than a bustling metropolis), quite frankly, I like it. It's cozy! I may not be familiar with everyone here (though I do recognize some faces; Altima and Seika specifically, as I did lurk a lot back then) but it just feels very nice.

So yeah, I'd say your assessment is accurate, at least when it comes to specifically me. And if nothing else, I suppose Petrikow can pat himself on the back for adding at least one more active user to the forum. Maybe I'm not the only one? I know his theory got a lot of traction elsewhere.
    Last edited by Formless Creature; January 15th, 2023 at 10:46 AM.

As last hurrahs go, this forum deserves better than an FGO effortpost. Impressive though it may be.
    shit BL says

It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    ladies, he's single

ok petri what are your effortpost commission rates

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Formless Creature View Post
    ok petri what are your effortpost commission rates
    My time is invaluable because it's used to translate every TM work in existence.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Oh yeah, then translate the Apoc BD short stories. Do it you won't I triple dog dare you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Oh yeah, then translate the Apoc BD short stories. Do it you won't I triple dog dare you.
    The queue grows longer once more.

Blog Entries
    I will literally pay you money to NOT translate those

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Too late for that Spinach.

Now I'm just curious.
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single