Page 354 of 371 FirstFirst ... 254304344349352353354355356359364 ... LastLast
Results 7,061 to 7,080 of 7406

Thread: Beast's Lair History

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Since he'll be banned for flaming, I think it works even if its grammatically wrong.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Tell me about your best girl, and why she is Sakura Matou. Best Girl's Avatar
    We should unban mike-chan to improve site traffic.

- - - Updated - - -

It will be like the return of McRib.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, we should unban mike-chan like seasonally.

How on earth has it been 12 years, it should be 2018 at most

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    You want to be blown away, Kill la Kill is 10 years old this year.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    How on earth has it been 12 years, it should be 2018 at most
    Sometimes in my mind it's still 2012.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    You mean 2004.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Best Girl View Post

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I am preemptively voting hell no.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    You want to be blown away, Kill la Kill is 10 years old this year.
    ...I did not need this.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Cringe warning goes here. I felt like expressing some sincerity and practiced breaking through the wall of apathy to write it.

A long time ago, for uncertain reasons, it became important to me that I should try to learn about and commit to memory as much as I could about the history and social dynamics of this forum, notable discussions and events, the unique characteristics of posters and the subgroups they formed, and so on. I don't remember how it started, but I certainly had a lot of free time and a deep investment in this place, so it most probably seemed worthwhile to preserve this information in memory in case it was ever lost and had to be remembered. This is a laughable sentiment now, but it had only been a few years then that BL1 was reduced to atoms, and it was for his ability to perfectly recollect events from it that Cruor was my idol.

Anyway, at the time it felt doable to just read every single post of a very busy forum to stay on top of things and keep the historical record and social charts updated. Forum cliques, subforum divisions, thread isolates, cults of personality, Elders, the main IRC channels and semi-private offshoots, Skype, Kitchen Space, DSM, SB and TFF double-dippers, Skypechats, MAL immigrants, and so on. A staggering waste of time and mental capacity that ensured my university experience was a featureless void between blurry-eyed reading of the 6 hours of drivel in the overnight IRC log on the 7 am bus and rushing home to an internet connection to save the newest food sockpuppet's posts before they got wiped. I'm only mildly exaggerating, and it probably wasn't too much of a conscious effort, but it's still painful all laid out like that.

This is all leading to my point that between reading old posts about obsolete topics, scouring the Internet Archive for remnants of BL1, diving into defunct pbwikis old enough to vote, listening to old-timers talk about the good old days, and catching /myself/ talking in the same way about a completely different time, a sense of actual perspective settled in with regards to the scope of the BL diaspora, one less mythologised and more appreciative of how many people have come and gone through the site, adding something of themselves to it and creating friendships that last even after they leave it. If at some point I had a conception of BL as a city with old posters now living in the outskirts but still retaining their citizenship, so to speak, I had to see my contemporaries phase out of BL to gain proper perspective on the transience of poster circles and the pointlessness of defining the forum's identity through their presence. It's hard not to think like that when it feels like yesterday that I was reading people waxing nostalgic in their retirement homes about the forum having changed completely when I was new, now that I have my own retirement home mostly divorced from the forum's current affairs.

It's easy to see how just a couple of years of posting can become an eternal source of reminiscence with how much I miss the two-odd years of the Golden Age of GD, or have a proper sense of the communities formed in the early years of BL1 that never even made it to BL2 now that BL2 is over a decade old. Equally easy was to cast out a thread of theoretical continuity over such a long time by mapping out the partial history that the information I could find allowed me to formulate, compared to sticking around for the same amount of time to find out that there are two BLs, the one you share with your friends along the way, and the one that predates and survives your activity in it.

At any rate. Time seems to pass more uneventfully now and the forum is slower and quieter in the times of Discord, but the renewal of the community is the only certainty. It seems pretty silly to overly value any one clique or generation of posters when the time spent shitposting about japanese cartoons at any point in this website's existence is any given person's idealised and unparalleled golden age. While I still value the sense of heritage and clout within the fandom that BL's moonruners and loreposters command, as a glorified janitor and amateur historian of the forum I consider the way new group identities form as new people find their way here to be the truest testament to its continuity.

All in all, growing up within and along with a website leads to weird quasisocial attachments. Here's one to all BLers past and present, whatever chat they already have or one day will retire in. And keep having fun talking and learning new things about Type-Moon on BL, it makes the senile old folk happy.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Best Girl View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    I am preemptively voting hell no.
    This just makes me want to see this guy in action even more. He’s like some sort of cryptid legend on par with Crying vegeta and food.

All in all, growing up within and along with a website leads to weird quasisocial attachments. Here's one to all BLers past and present, whatever chat they already have or one day will retire in. And keep having fun talking and learning new things about Type-Moon on BL, it makes the senile old folk happy.
    I love you too, grandpa’s magic leftover chunk of green bean casserole from St Patty’s Day 2011
    Last edited by BladeOfEden; May 31st, 2023 at 09:07 PM.

Blog Entries
    I have to admit, as a nosy nelly, I want to see the social charts

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Cringe warning goes here. I felt like expressing some sincerity and practiced breaking through the wall of apathy to write it.

A long time ago, for uncertain reasons, it became important to me that I should try to learn about and commit to memory as much as I could about the history and social dynamics of this forum, notable discussions and events, the unique characteristics of posters and the subgroups they formed, and so on. I don't remember how it started, but I certainly had a lot of free time and a deep investment in this place, so it most probably seemed worthwhile to preserve this information in memory in case it was ever lost and had to be remembered. This is a laughable sentiment now, but it had only been a few years then that BL1 was reduced to atoms, and it was for his ability to perfectly recollect events from it that Cruor was my idol.

Anyway, at the time it felt doable to just read every single post of a very busy forum to stay on top of things and keep the historical record and social charts updated. Forum cliques, subforum divisions, thread isolates, cults of personality, Elders, the main IRC channels and semi-private offshoots, Skype, Kitchen Space, DSM, SB and TFF double-dippers, Skypechats, MAL immigrants, and so on. A staggering waste of time and mental capacity that ensured my university experience was a featureless void between blurry-eyed reading of the 6 hours of drivel in the overnight IRC log on the 7 am bus and rushing home to an internet connection to save the newest food sockpuppet's posts before they got wiped. I'm only mildly exaggerating, and it probably wasn't too much of a conscious effort, but it's still painful all laid out like that.

This is all leading to my point that between reading old posts about obsolete topics, scouring the Internet Archive for remnants of BL1, diving into defunct pbwikis old enough to vote, listening to old-timers talk about the good old days, and catching /myself/ talking in the same way about a completely different time, a sense of actual perspective settled in with regards to the scope of the BL diaspora, one less mythologised and more appreciative of how many people have come and gone through the site, adding something of themselves to it and creating friendships that last even after they leave it. If at some point I had a conception of BL as a city with old posters now living in the outskirts but still retaining their citizenship, so to speak, I had to see my contemporaries phase out of BL to gain proper perspective on the transience of poster circles and the pointlessness of defining the forum's identity through their presence. It's hard not to think like that when it feels like yesterday that I was reading people waxing nostalgic in their retirement homes about the forum having changed completely when I was new, now that I have my own retirement home mostly divorced from the forum's current affairs.

It's easy to see how just a couple of years of posting can become an eternal source of reminiscence with how much I miss the two-odd years of the Golden Age of GD, or have a proper sense of the communities formed in the early years of BL1 that never even made it to BL2 now that BL2 is over a decade old. Equally easy was to cast out a thread of theoretical continuity over such a long time by mapping out the partial history that the information I could find allowed me to formulate, compared to sticking around for the same amount of time to find out that there are two BLs, the one you share with your friends along the way, and the one that predates and survives your activity in it.

At any rate. Time seems to pass more uneventfully now and the forum is slower and quieter in the times of Discord, but the renewal of the community is the only certainty. It seems pretty silly to overly value any one clique or generation of posters when the time spent shitposting about japanese cartoons at any point in this website's existence is any given person's idealised and unparalleled golden age. While I still value the sense of heritage and clout within the fandom that BL's moonruners and loreposters command, as a glorified janitor and amateur historian of the forum I consider the way new group identities form as new people find their way here to be the truest testament to its continuity.

It's like an old group of friends. Sometimes you drift apart as life takes you different places, but that doesn't devalue what you had. It's the memories you carry forward that represents a time in your life that gives it value.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    We're getting old, what's new.
    The forum still stands as an oasis for those who actually care about the topic, rather than being torn down in a storm of drama, like so many others. This tells us that something has been done right at some point. It's just hard to determine who did it and what it was, and perhaps better not to pry, lest the magic is gone.

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    The real Sixth Magic.
    burn your dread you coward

Quote Originally Posted by tsugumi View Post
    I have to admit, as a nosy nelly, I want to see the social charts
    But you can't, because they're in my mind

US Friend Code
    But you can't, because they're in my mind
    Can you make a timeline thread sometime? Maybe including a list of notable incidents/users?

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeOfEden View Post
    Can you make a timeline thread sometime? Maybe including a list of notable incidents/users?
    Here you go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Cheeky bastard…

Blog Entries
    Shocked to learn BL used to have more than three women here

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by tsugumi View Post
    Shocked to learn BL used to have more than three women here
    There are three women here?

Spoiler:
    Last edited by BladeOfEden; June 1st, 2023 at 01:25 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeOfEden View Post
    There are three women here?
    I know... I too was shocked when I saw the venus symbol next to gender... but it's happened twice in the Servant/Project Idea Thread