Page 317 of 371 FirstFirst ... 217267307312315316317318319322327367 ... LastLast
Results 6,321 to 6,340 of 7406

Thread: Beast's Lair History

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Draconic View Post
    I’ll count that as a win.

Though, I had forgotten that I brought you here. Was it my fanfics, or something else?
    Your fanfics. We got into an argument about whether the Edelfelts were related to the Tohsakas, you linked an answer from the Questions thread that proved me right, and I found my way here in July 2018.

- - - Updated - - -

Good times they were. I was actually doing a summer study abroad when I joined.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    Oh, I remember that conversation!
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

I was a very new fan at that time, and I still remember not doing my homework at college to argue my point.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    I'm sorry, but I refuse to be apolitical because that's still making a choice, and whenever shit comes up that concerns my personal morality, you bet like hell it'll get political. For some shit, you're literally asking the impossible. Could I tone it down a little? Possibly. Could I stop? No.
    Not for the first time I submit to you for consideration that if you are unable to separate your political leanings from your hobbies, or generally casual discussion, you may have a problem.

Like, this isn't some kind of conspiracy against you nor are all the people calling you on it some flavor of anti-your political stance supporters. You are being that one uncle who randomly goes on a rant about ni**ers at the Christmas dinner table, and you don't even have the excuse of having had a few first.

modspleasedontdeletthread
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Draconic View Post
    I really hope that I sound more anxious than angry, because I’m trying really hard to avoid an angry tone in my messages.
    Drac you're always so timid in your posts that even when you do get heated it's like an eight year old pouting at you through a computer screen. Sounding angry is never something you have to worry about.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Blog Entries
    Not for the first time I submit to you for consideration that if you are unable to separate your political leanings from your hobbies, or generally casual discussion, you may have a problem.

Like, this isn't some kind of conspiracy against you nor are all the people calling you on it some flavor of anti-your political stance supporters. You are being that one uncle who randomly goes on a rant about ni**ers at the Christmas dinner table, and you don't even have the excuse of having had a few first.

modspleasedontdeletthread
    This post is bait. It had almost gotten somewhere lukewarm, don't stoke the flames. Take this as a public warning.

Gau, bite the bait and you get one too.

I responded to Gau once already earlier and promptly edited it out in the hopes that this thread (with at least 3 mods posting in it still) would return to a semblance of normalcy. (As you should be clearly able to see if you look at my last post a few pages back). Since nobody else seemed to be excercising the same moderation, I decided to weigh in regardless. So no. It's not bait, it's exasperation. If it ends up serving its intended purpose of ending the stupid, one way or another, mission accomplished.

I'd say I'm curious as to why you think THIS post merits a public warning instead of... well, a lot of what went on already, but I'm pretty sure I can guess it's just because I used a 'naughty word' (regardless of the fact that it's censored and perfectly apropos) .
    shit BL says

It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    ladies, he's single

Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    This post is bait. It had almost gotten somewhere lukewarm, don't stoke the flames. Take this as a public warning.

Gau, bite the bait and you get one too.
    Right, even if it's hard to resist.

Feel free to PM me if you feel a burning need to continue this discussion (much as I doubt it's going to go anywhere), just keep this thread clean.
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

Blog Entries
    Hey, I just found the staff forum post where I demanded Left ungank Petri.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Tbh Deathhappens I see your objection and think it is valid. This was an attempt to rerail the thread at the last possible post as that is traditionally the most actionable when being told to return to topic as it is the oldest, and thus the one that ignored the mandate the most.

But the culprit is clearly Bloble by reiigniting a political discussion that has already died down with a clear attempt to trigger the already tense posters after relaxation slowly started to hit in. This further does not excuse the reaction to it.

I think the staff relaxed a bit too hard in the last few months and maybe even years so we are used to more of a slap on the wrist approach, but if I was in your position I'd probably also value fairness above my punishment being cavalier.

As such:

Deathhappens, your public warning stands.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloble View Post
    I put evil on a bigger pedestal than just being a bit of a cunt. Otherwise you'd call mall Karens and anyone who doesn't vote for your party evil. Insert explanation of how mall Karens and people who vote for the other party actually are totally irredeemable.

Now sockpuppeting, that's truly evil. Totally permaban-worthy. Unforgivable really.
    Blatant baiting when the thread came down, patient zero. Bloble you are publically warned and are temporarily banned for a day. Think about what you did

Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    >Otherwise you'd call mall Karens and anyone who doesn't vote for your party evil.

Yeah well about that...
    ...mac chaos you are publically warned for taking the bait I guess? Does that go on my performance review?

Mall Karen's are evil and petty for wildly throwing their privilege around to abuse those less so and to call the violence of the state on innocent people over minor shit.
    You literally picked the one thing in his post you could have not utilized politically then did. Public warning for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    No, they try to throw around their privilege while everyone around just laughs at how stupid they're being.

Like Anti-vax protests.

Or the Right Wing nutbar walking around a festival having one sided gotcha conversations with a literal Straw Man of the Prime Minster, beside the line for cheesecake.

Shit's hilarious. Even funnier when they have no idea how to react to their anger being the butt of the joke.
    Took the politics bait after being told to go back to topic. Public warning
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Blog Entries
    ...mac chaos you are publically warned for taking the bait I guess? Does that go on my performance review?
    While, by precedent (which I demanded because I'm officious like that), mods may indeed warn admins, you may note that you can't actually put it on his performance review. So you have to personally remember this until his cooldown timer expires. I believe in you.
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Blog Entries
    if he doesnt cause any trouble i wont have to

As such:

Deathhappens, your public warning stands.
    I can live with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    While, by precedent (which I demanded because I'm officious like that), mods may indeed warn admins, you may note that you can't actually put it on his performance review. So you have to personally remember this until his cooldown timer expires. I believe in you.
    You guys actually do performance reviews? How does that work, round-robin?
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

Blog Entries
    Now that's some history, the most public warning issued in one post for a long while.

"How BL modding standards evolved over time" mapped over the incidents that neccesitated changes would be a pretty interesting topic for this thread tbh. oofmerge
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

Blog Entries
    "How BL modding standards evolved over time" mapped over the incidents that neccesitated changes would be a pretty interesting topic for this thread tbh. oofmerge
    me and the boys waged guerilla war at an administration that could charitably be described as "hands off" and then took over the show

Blog Entries
    You guys actually do performance reviews? How does that work, round-robin?
    We don't, possibly because it'd have meant basically everyone on staff would have had to be fired by this point.

What's actually happening here is that admin profiles don't have the forum widget we use to track punishments (and name changes, although I think I'm the only who bothers to use it for that any more?). So I ran for a bit with the joke that was already going, by calling that his performance review.
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

Quote Originally Posted by Kamera View Post
    Now that's some history, the most public warning issued in one post for a long while.
    See, it's not that hard to be more active.

- - - Updated - - -

me and the boys waged guerilla war at an administration that could charitably be described as "hands off" and then took over the show
    You guys are still fairly hands off. I mean, about 12 permabans in 10 years? Doesn't speak to much activity.

Blog Entries
    You guys are still fairly hands off. I mean, about 12 permabans in 10 years? Doesn't speak to much activity.
    Well to not use overly biased language since the people in question can't defend themselves here:

Mike stayed around because the previous moderation team thought they could resocialize him while he fucked with every part of the creative side of BL. While the GD crowd was more actively hostile towards Mike due to the natural confrontational tone there, I think what in the end caused the mass user uprising that lead to the staff being reformed was more the fact that he, as said, kept going into FF and RP threads and just start 5 pages of inane arguments.

If you are told over and over a blatantly awful poster who keeps shitting up entirely unrelated threads with his posts shouldn't be banned because he should be given a chance, and then one person on the staff is obviously close friends with them, you eventually reach a boiling point.