Page 336 of 371 FirstFirst ... 236286326331334335336337338341346 ... LastLast
Results 6,701 to 6,720 of 7406

Thread: Beast's Lair History

Blog Entries
    I submit that they hate both warnings and warners.

they hate warners so much they even hate yacko and wacko. And don’t even get them started on Dot!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    Then we shall build a monument to such reckless hate.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan
    Welcome to BL, new user. Don't forget to fate/stay mad

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    We can re-open General News while we're at it. Just for Christemo.
    maybe this time we can convince LLL to stay inside
    don't quote me on this

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    This absolutely never happened. food's popularity with the userbase was inversely proportional to his popularity among the staff, and I can only dream of the day we declassify the mod forum at least partially to show exactly how much of a shitshow they were.
    Besides whatever was irretrievably lost to report text, and we can only infer from the staff discussion of those threads, this went as far as direct PMs to the staff outside reports too? People were upset with food, did think he was being protected. Factually. No identities revealed.

Quote Originally Posted by Staff
    Go ahead with this if you want, but I think that it's going to hurt a lot more than you think it will. My feeling is that you're underestimating both the degree to which people in general will react, and how significant the translator aspect is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quoted user PM
    There are only two reasons why that awful jerkcase of a poster gets to stay: Number one, he's a fucking moonspeaker-translator. Even some people in BL admit that food is no longer different from Mike in stirring bullshit like that but the only difference is he's a moonspeaker and BL loves it's moonspeakers, no matter how much of a bunch of insufferable motherfuckers some of them are. Really. If I were the fucking admin, I'll rather ban food for his attitude or any other moonspeaker-translator who acts like a bag of bloody dicks to show that one's ability, no matter how in demand in a place is, is not an excuse to go carte blanche with the rules and act like a damn bastard. Yes, I repeat, I'd rather see a BL struggling to translate the newest TM work than to have some asshole run amuck in BL and not get punished because he's the damn translator and he's in demand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Other quoted user PM
    Is food always such a raging asshat, or did he suddenly go full retard?
    I vaguely remember him being at least somewhat reasonable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Same staff member
    I concede that I am gradually but surely being proven wrong on at least one point.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

マリーの味方
    i wish i spent my early internet years on BL partaking in drama instead of doing the same thing but on bungie.net

Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    This absolutely never happened. food's popularity with the userbase was inversely proportional to his popularity among the staff, and I can only dream of the day we declassify the mod forum at least partially to show exactly how much of a shitshow they were.
    Besides whatever was irretrievably lost to report text, and we can only infer from the staff discussion of those threads, this went as far as direct PMs to the staff outside reports too? People were upset with food, did think he was being protected. Factually. No identities revealed.

Quote Originally Posted by Staff
    Go ahead with this if you want, but I think that it's going to hurt a lot more than you think it will. My feeling is that you're underestimating both the degree to which people in general will react, and how significant the translator aspect is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quoted user PM
    There are only two reasons why that awful jerkcase of a poster gets to stay: Number one, he's a fucking moonspeaker-translator. Even some people in BL admit that food is no longer different from Mike in stirring bullshit like that but the only difference is he's a moonspeaker and BL loves it's moonspeakers, no matter how much of a bunch of insufferable motherfuckers some of them are. Really. If I were the fucking admin, I'll rather ban food for his attitude or any other moonspeaker-translator who acts like a bag of bloody dicks to show that one's ability, no matter how in demand in a place is, is not an excuse to go carte blanche with the rules and act like a damn bastard. Yes, I repeat, I'd rather see a BL struggling to translate the newest TM work than to have some asshole run amuck in BL and not get punished because he's the damn translator and he's in demand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Other quoted user PM
    Is food always such a raging asshat, or did he suddenly go full retard?
    I vaguely remember him being at least somewhat reasonable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Same staff member
    I concede that I am gradually but surely being proven wrong on at least one point.
    I mean, you do realise that I know who you're quoting in the first quote and we both know what his death threat-toting, schizo opinions on BL are worth, right? Pretty easy to say you want to see BL die when you're a 7th hermit and hate everyone outside of it. You should've included the part where he said he would've banned everyone who thinks food (and C_V) are funny if it was up to him.

But sure, it was never in doubt that some people wanted food gone. My response is to the misrepresentation of the comments other people made about food's status, which present the picture of a majority who held such opinions and clamoured for his ban, which is absolutely not true. If this popular anti-food sentiment ever existed I must've failed to spot the celebrations among the posts about how it was a damn shame that he went out this way.

Blog Entries
    People didn't need to dislike food to see that he was being toxic, which is indeed the theme of most of the contemporary discussion of the ban: they wished he hadn't gone out like that, but it seemed inevitable from the way he was posting. As to the provenance of that post, the contention is not whether it was a "worthy" person who expressed the sentiment, only that the sentiment was expressed, and that the staff saw it and took it on board.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Okay but Death threat-kun is a bit more than an "unworthy" source
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Seriously better ways to kill boredom than this.

Blog Entries
    I don't need to kill boredom to be entertained
    Otherwise, I pity pacifists
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Now, my memories about this are fairly vague by now, but I remember the whole "food knows he won't be banned for being a moonruner" being a bit of idle speculation that was born in the IRC chat when people were wondering about his behavior in his last month or so of presence in the forum.

I'm fairly sure, however, that the theory of megalomaniacal food who thought that could get away with anything was born from a bit where he more or less said that he was imitating Mike-esque behavior, and this was in the epoch where Altima and Mike were still buddy-buddy and the latter was still basically babied by the admins of the time. I vaguely recall his increasingly toxic behavior was being based on how much shit Mike got away with at the time and his distaste for the current content of GD at the time.

This is fairly vague since it has been a long time since them. I recall finding his behavior annoying at the time and thought that ironically he'd contributed to worsening GD's content instead. But now after reading what Spin had to say about it I'm wondering if he was as toxic as I recall or if we sort of just Mandela Effect'd into believing it. Either way I'm fairly sure that the whole situation with Mike had to do with it (and toxic or not, that food got banned way before Mike was kind of pointed to there being a big problem with the moderation back then).

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

Blog Entries
    I'm pretty sure it's more productive to let food come in, even for a moment, and let him explain himself than endlessly making up headcanon about him.

Blog Entries
    If you consider unbanning any of his sockpuppets, could it be Indian Snake Meat, please?
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aldeayeah View Post
    maybe this time we can convince LLL to stay inside

You know it's pretty easy to quarantine LVL, all you have to do is start a Loli Appreciation Thread and post new lewds there every four hours or so.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RacingeR View Post
    Now, my memories about this are fairly vague by now, but I remember the whole "food knows he won't be banned for being a moonruner" being a bit of idle speculation that was born in the IRC chat when people were wondering about his behavior in his last month or so of presence in the forum.

I'm fairly sure, however, that the theory of megalomaniacal food who thought that could get away with anything was born from a bit where he more or less said that he was imitating Mike-esque behavior, and this was in the epoch where Altima and Mike were still buddy-buddy and the latter was still basically babied by the admins of the time. I vaguely recall his increasingly toxic behavior was being based on how much shit Mike got away with at the time and his distaste for the current content of GD at the time.

This is fairly vague since it has been a long time since them. I recall finding his behavior annoying at the time and thought that ironically he'd contributed to worsening GD's content instead. But now after reading what Spin had to say about it I'm wondering if he was as toxic as I recall or if we sort of just Mandela Effect'd into believing it. Either way I'm fairly sure that the whole situation with Mike had to do with it (and toxic or not, that food got banned way before Mike was kind of pointed to there being a big problem with the moderation back then).

i don’t…actually think this is the case as I am pretty sure mike was banned in ‘12 and food made it to ‘13. At least that’s what a quick skim of used notes seemed to be
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Weird, I recall food being mean to Mike in cat hell being fairly near to when he got banned.

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

Blog Entries
    I’m not gonna pretend I’m invested enough in this conversation enough to double check my work but again a minute ago when I skimmed the posts food looked like he must have made it at least 6 months longer.

Blog Entries
    Yes, I repeat, I'd rather see a BL struggling to translate the newest TM work than to have some asshole run amuck in BL and not get punished because he's the damn translator and he's in demand.
    I guess that worked out well for the daily post rates
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SeiKeo View Post
    I guess that worked out well for the daily post rates
    While the discussion is fun and all I don't think food can carry the forum on his own back, that would have needed to be a well timed wiki near FGO release. You can't push back the tides of reddit being the only site on the internet without offering something that can compensate for its juiced SEO.

If we had 1 webdev nerd on staff who wanted to do nothing but hack wikis together it would have had the effects of 20 foods, but considering this is an actual job you can't expect people to do that in their off time.

- - - Updated - - -

Like I like Uncle and all but the Petri/Comun combo juiced our traffic pretty significantly.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    BL traffic in 2013: 600 posts a day average

BL traffic in 2021: 200 posts a day average

press F to pay respects
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.