Page 305 of 371 FirstFirst ... 205255295300303304305306307310315355 ... LastLast
Results 6,081 to 6,100 of 7406

Thread: Beast's Lair History

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Now that was some good history.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    The fact you frame it as mods banning people they don't like just shows how little you people understand the spirit of what I asked for. It's not about personal distaste, but instead about protecting users from potential bigots. Life sucks enough. There's no point in letting potential harassers lurk and force some people to be extremely vigilant in a fan space.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

No, that's not actually my point. But rather than engage in this topic more I'll just bow out before something new starts.

If you want to continue your fight on this hill, I'd suggest engaging in some PMs with what you'd consider the more reasonable members of the staff, and see what their stance is on things. Screaming out in a thread that isn't meant for the purpose is kind of just a nuisance, but maybe that's just my jaded/flawed view of things. I personally at least don't care to engage in this any more than has been said.

Yeah, I sort of am, but I'm not optimistic. The mods and I have different views about ensuring user safety.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Never seen a community get safer from overmoderating, just more formal and scared.

The same can be said of total freeform we ban whoever we like modding. Neither of those are ideal models.

Fwiw I dont think anyones safety is a concern, the most sensitive data you can give us is an email and you can control public visibility in case you gave us one you can be doxxed with.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Yeah, I don't think over moderating would be even close to a problem with my suggestions. Also, I'm not talking about user privacy concerns when it comes to safety.

Blog Entries
    Whats safety then?

Even if we categorize something like an online pile on as safety concern theres like 100 concurrent users that actually post in peak hours. 10 PMs of YOU SUCK are pretty much the best you can hope for, and we have yet to see an incident like this. This isnt Facebook.

Something I wanted to ask about was that some BL members used to go on group trips to Japan right?
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    The fact you frame it as mods banning people they don't like just shows how little you people understand the spirit of what I asked for. It's not about personal distaste, but instead about protecting users from potential bigots. Life sucks enough. There's no point in letting potential harassers lurk and force some people to be extremely vigilant in a fan space.
    I feel like this shows a certain detachment from the way forums work in a contemporary internet ecosystem. Forums are now on the periphery of online social interaction, and almost all communities are necessarily cross-platform, with social interaction spread out variously between Discord servers, Twitter, Reddit, and so on. Forums are unique in that they're one of the last closed social systems on the internet today. If you're banned from Twitter, you can just make a new account; if you're banned from a forum, you're banned. People who are egregiously toxic get banned - that objectively happens and has happened here, as was pointed out to you.

It's disingenuous to talk at first about bigots and bad posters, and then treat personal harassment as the same issue, particularly from the perspective of a forum. Anyone who doesn't hit the threshold of being banned outright can be blocked and, unlike other platforms, there's nothing they can do about it. If they use the forum as a platform for harassment, that's a whole different issue from being a poster you don't like. If there's someone you don't like, block them. If you find yourself still clicking to view their posts, then it becomes your issue.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Maybe not the first offense, but definitely by the third if it's bad enough. Bigotry isn't something that needs that much proof to see a pattern of. Thrice should be enough, and even twice might be good depending on how bad the events were. Also, most of the psychos on Gennews were repeat offenders.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, genocide denial should be permabanned on the first offense.
    Quite the opposite. Bigotry lies in the eye of the beholder. We all get offended sometimes, and when it's just once, we've got to live it down. It's when it keeps happening that a community has a problem, since it gets uncomfortable to come back there.

Issue is that if you want to get offended ahead of time, you will. In fact it could be argued that those who get offended are as much of a social obstacle as those who are being offensive. For an easy example close to your heart, bible-thumpers get offended a lot, but you'd disagree with this forum getting a christian bent.

Obviously it's equally socially disruptive to write edgy posts, seeking out situations where people have to continually choose whether your words offend them or not, since inevitably something will offend them, making everybody on the forum offended in their own way. But thinking you're the only one being offended the right way shows a lack of humility.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    There's a huge difference between "I'm offended" and "this is offencive", though.
    To put it another way: reducing *all* reasons for being offended to the same thing is an extremely simplistic view of things, to put it mildly; more often than not, deliberately disingenuous.

ETA: Not saying *you're* being disingenuous, Ratman, but it's been my experience that people arguing from that position often argue in bad faith.
    Last edited by SpoonyViking; November 3rd, 2021 at 11:12 AM.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Being all very intelligent academics adept in academisms, we can determine a structural structure to ethics, and this structure is prone to structuralist analysis as all existence verily is, because every science is in fact, exact, especially social psychology. As we have demonstrated on structural analysis of art, art is a process wherein a soul-less creator with no free will constructed wholly by his socioeconomipsychological influences creates a soul-less work meaningless without the context of language and culture for a soul-less audience which has its questions preemptively loaded in their psyche which itself is determined by socioeconomipsychological factors solely, and the artwork merely becomes an answer to these questions, its interpretation entirely separate from the author's intent, if it is even possible for the dead and buried author to have an intention without free will.

The element of structuralism, as we know, which has an immortal soul and a free will, is the outside observer of the structure, which is to say, the academic who came up with structuralism, who actually has no skills or abilities that would make them do jack shit themselves, but they get to judge art because they're not a part of it, making them objectively more important in terms of their make-believe structure than the works they spend their lives obsessing over while their actual value for humanity is close to zero.

We observe the same structure in the application of ethics in internet society, wherein a soul-less offender says a meaningless buzzword which is interpreted by a soul-less reader. Much like the art critic was actually the real artist all along, so it is the critic of ethics, he who judges and determines the meaning of the soul-less offender's post, who is actually the real bigot.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    For accuracy's sake, I consider "Hurr durr, you're dumb for caring", "I'm just 2edgy4u", and similar stances to be in bad faith.

- - - Updated - - -

Well. I *didn't* think you were being disingenuous, at least. :-)

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    just don't be an asshat and party on dudes

Blog Entries
    Well seeing this is now Spoony courteously talking to a far right guy I suppose all is well that ends well and we buried this topic for good.

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    Maybe not the first offense, but definitely by the third if it's bad enough. Bigotry isn't something that needs that much proof to see a pattern of. Thrice should be enough, and even twice might be good depending on how bad the events were. Also, most of the psychos on Gennews were repeat offenders.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, genocide denial should be permabanned on the first offense.
    Look, Gau, I’ll admit to agreeing with you and SpoonyViking at least about bigotry and these things being unacceptable, but at the same time, the mods aren’t just the staff, they’re also our friends, just like any of the other users here, and it doesn’t feel fair to judge them so harshly based on their policies.

I might not know how this all started, but I do know that I don’t want to see either of you get banned over getting too angry and causing a bunch of drama. I know how you’re feeling right now, considering that I’ve done the same thing, and I’ll just say that it’s not worth fussing too much over.

Quote Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post
    Remove your shackles staff, just start banning people you don't like

I'll volunteer to be the first
    NOOOO! Not Zurvan! Don’t ban the Zurv, I couldn’t handle it!

(I really hope I didn’t just start shit because that wasn’t my intention at all.) :wince:
    Last edited by Draconic; November 3rd, 2021 at 11:28 AM.
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    Being all very intelligent academics adept in academisms, we can determine a structural structure to ethics, and this structure is prone to structuralist analysis as all existence verily is, because every science is in fact, exact, especially social psychology. As we have demonstrated on structural analysis of art, art is a process wherein a soul-less creator with no free will constructed wholly by his socioeconomipsychological influences creates a soul-less work meaningless without the context of language and culture for a soul-less audience which has its questions preemptively loaded in their psyche which itself is determined by socioeconomipsychological factors solely, and the artwork merely becomes an answer to these questions, its interpretation entirely separate from the author's intent, if it is even possible for the dead and buried author to have an intention without free will.

The element of structuralism, as we know, which has an immortal soul and a free will, is the outside observer of the structure, which is to say, the academic who came up with structuralism, who actually has no skills or abilities that would make them do jack shit themselves, but they get to judge art because they're not a part of it, making them objectively more important in terms of their make-believe structure than the works they spend their lives obsessing over while their actual value for humanity is close to zero.

We observe the same structure in the application of ethics in internet society, wherein a soul-less offender says a meaningless buzzword which is interpreted by a soul-less reader. Much like the art critic was actually the real artist all along, so it is the critic of ethics, he who judges and determines the meaning of the soul-less offender's post, who is actually the real bigot.
    Are you being sarcastic or not? If you're being sarcastic, congrats, I laughed very much.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan
    Welcome to BL, new user. Don't forget to fate/stay mad

thanks for everything guys, I was dozing off at work and reading this helped

This forum sounds like it needs a "say something nice about the poster above you" sort of thread.

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    There's a huge difference between "I'm offended" and "this is offencive", though.
    To put it another way: reducing *all* reasons for being offended to the same thing is an extremely simplistic view of things, to put it mildly; more often than not, deliberately disingenuous.

ETA: Not saying *you're* being disingenuous, Ratman, but it's been my experience that people arguing from that position often argue in bad faith.
    He is being disingenuous, given that he is a self-admitted racist.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Draconic View Post
    Look, Gau, I’ll admit to agreeing with you and SpoonyViking at least about bigotry and these things being unacceptable, but at the same time, the mods aren’t just the staff, they’re also our friends, just like any of the other users here, and it doesn’t feel fair to judge them so harshly based on their policies.

I might not know how this all started, but I do know that I don’t want to see either of you get banned over getting too angry and causing a bunch of drama. I know how you’re feeling right now, considering that I’ve done the same thing, and I’ll just say that it’s not worth fussing too much over.

NOOOO! Not Zurvan! Don’t ban the Zurv, I couldn’t handle it!

(I really hope I didn’t just start shit because that wasn’t my intention at all.) :wince:
    If the mods are friends who we trust to manage interactions with other friends, then that's all the more reason to judge them harshly. Friends should protect their friends from shittier friends who deny or question their right to live.