Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Heaven's Gate (Reboot!) IC Thread

The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Fate/Heaven's Gate (Reboot!) IC Thread

*Fate/Heaven's Gate*

RP IRC

It was January 16, 2007 AD, two weeks before the incident that would become infamous in the Moonlit World as the Fifth Fuyuki Grail War. Four times before, a cataclysmic struggle had been fought for the sake of a wish, each occurrence spaced an even span of three-score years from one another - yet this had come in merely half a score. It was odd, unusual - unprecedented - and that made people worry. People like Tohsaka Rin, the Second Owner of Fuyuki, whose father had died in battle against the dread Witch of Calamity and her Servant, the BEAST, and had taken to the bottle like a fish to water in an effort to soothe away those memories. People like the Emiya Shirou, the adopted son of the Magus Killer, who knew of how the vessel could corrupt wishes after it had been cursed by the dying Witch - and who himself was part of that cursed legacy. People like Sajyou Ayaka, an Agent of Atlas and unfortunate sister of the late Witch of Calamity, who had returned to the town she left shortly after the War in order to monitor the situation.

All had powerful emotional stakes in the confrontation to come, with their Fate to be bound up in the events of those winter nights.

Of course, there were others involved in this, though they did not quite know all the details...

Matou Sakura, heiress to the ancient Matou clan, who was determined to make a name for herself and overtake her once-sister as the strongest magus in all of Fuyuki. Illyasaviel von Einzbern, the perfect homunculus, who sought answers from her father for why he had abandoned her - and of course, no small bit of vengeance. Bazett Fraga McRemitz, an Enforcer of the Asssociation, whose only wish was to save Cu Chulainn from his cruel fate. Luviagelita Edelfelt, heiress to the family styled the elegant hyenas of the battlefield, who wished to reclaim the half of the Crest stolen from her family during the Third War....

And these were just the magi.

For there were mundanes too, to whom the Grail had whispered, or whose fates were tangled up with the others.

Himuro Kane, President of the Homurabara Student Council and the best friend of Tohsaka Rin. Matou Shinji, the true son of the Matou family, who had cast aside magecraft as a useless tool and sought favor and power in the modern world. Mitsuzuri Ayako, Captain of the Archery club to which Shirou belonged, his best friend and would be lover. Ryuudou Issei, whose father and brother had died in a mysterious incident that prompted him to return from the circus to become the head of the temple. Kuzuki Souchirou - teacher to all of the Fuyuki magi mentioned, and former assassin of the Organization. Seo Akira, a university student at Kyoto and closet seer.

...and of course, Yumizuka Satsuki, the bad luck vampire, who was getting more and more desperate - or perhaps just more and more hungry.

But something happened that night - perhaps a rift opened between worlds - perhaps Yog-Sothoth had twisted about in his slumber and bent the rules of reality. And whatever it was, these denizens of the Moonlit world were about to receive....rather unexpected visitors.

Our story begins that wintry night, with...

Emiya Shirou (---) taking a nap after a long day of school and work, grimacing and twitching in his sleep as he dreamed of shadow and flame, and of a black sword with red traceries splitting the night. Soon, he must go to Kyoto at the behest of his Master, to take up the mantle of heir to the Fujou, with rumors that more responsibilities may lie ahead. For now, his head is pillowed on the lap of his best friend...

Mitsuzuri Ayako (Kuroyuki), whose fingers errantly run through his hair as she sleeps with her back against the wall. She too is tired after a long day at the Archery Club, and of course, after their vigorous activities in the kitchen. Dinner time was always a big deal around the Emiya household - or at least Ayako made it so, as she knew that without that, Shirou would simply be alone. He was popular with people for his talent - a bit too popular with girls, she thought - but he never really noticed them, his attention elsewhere as if he was part of a different world. Sometimes she thought she could understand him - but she knew it was better just to stay by his side, and so she did - while her brother slaved away cleaning up the kitchen and scrubbing the house clean. She normally brought him along to prevent interference from that homewrecker...

Matou Sakura (---), who was not at the Emiya place that night, citing family obligations. In actuality, she is making various potions and taking care of other preparations before the Fifth War. She is scheduled to meet with Zouken about a catalyst and participation in this event - and has managed to gain some measure of approval from him due to her willingness to fight. She desires to claim Emiya Shirou for her own, but that desire is secondary to winning the Grail War and being recognized as one of the pre-eminent magi in the world. Not a Matou by blood, she took the position of heiress from...

Matou Shinji (---), leader of the Computer Society, who is having a late dinner at school after fixing some issues with the school hardware. With so many people not understanding even the basics of computers, it fell to him to maintain the equipment and advise the Student Council on their purchasing decisions. He is a gaming champion - and a noted player of games, with a rising following on a platform named Youtube.

Tohsaka Rin (Dark Pulse), Fuyuki's Second Owner, and once the great idol of Homurabara, before Matou Sakura began attending the school and grabbed attention for her exotic hair color and temperament. Nervous about the events of the past, worried about Emiya Shirou's intentions (she believes that he is waiting for her to confront him in his workshop, where he will have the advantage and be able to slay her), and uncertain of the future, she has turned to drinking as a sedative. Vain about her image, she doesn't want anyone else to see her drink, so this evening, she is laying on her couch, drinking alone as she peruses a copy of an old text called the Al Azif...

Illyasviel von Einzbern (---), as of the moment, is savouring the pleasures of food outside the Einzbern castle. Specifically, she is at Hongzhou Feast Hall: Taishan, enjoying a plate of mapo tofu, alongside some handdrawn noodles with oxtail. It is her first time away from the Einzbern estate, and she is carefully keeping an eye on the events in Fuyuki. Things are not quite...as she expected, and this worries her. One of the most worrying things is that she has not seen Kiritsugu, and after the trouble she went through to be seen in conspicuous places....

Sajyou Ayaka (mangafreak7793), on the other hand, is simply resting at home, editing some of her observations to report to her superior, Sion Eltnam Atlasia, Director of Atlas Academy. She has been in Fuyuki for two years now, watching for signs of abnormalities, but nothing has been confirmed - yet - except for increased ley line activity. An on the ground has its uses, after all...

Luvia Edelfelt (TheMegas) is in her workshop at the Clock Tower, going over some correspondence with...

Bazett Fraga McRemitz
    (---), who is en route back to Ireland to summon her Servant, flying business class, of course.

Issei Ryuudou (Caster), is in his cell at the temple, meditating to purge his mind of all worldly desires after a day around the vixens (school girls) of Homurabara Academy. This is needful if he is to get into a mindset where he can serve as a channel for powers greater than himself, to be invoked through the sacrifice of blood. Teaching the students of Homurabara's drama club how to wield rapier and dagger has been a trying exercise, to say the least, and Shinji's enthusiasm is often a bit hard to deal with, but well, that's what friends were for, he supposed.

Kuzuki Souchirou (Milbunk) is enjoying a drink on a calm evening in Georgia, away from the shenanigans in Fuyuki. He sits down to a glass of Khvanchkara, a delicious semi-sweet red wine from one of the oldest wine growing regions in the world, accompanied by Fydzhin, a traditional meat pie made with a mix of minced beef and pork, as well as a refreshing bowl of soup made of new potatoes, cheese, sour cream and dill. It is fortunate that tensions with Russia have not yet errupted in to war...

Yumizuka Satsuki (EnigmaticFellow) has broken into a zoo and is drinking the blood from a recently killed panda, after she lost control from being so very hungry. It is filling for a time - but not what what she truly craves - not...human.

Emiya Residence, Fuyuki
    January 16, 2007 AD 11:11 PM

Mitsuzuri Minori was not particularly happy with how he'd - once again - gotten stuck with cleaning up after his sister and Emiya Shirou. If sis was going to use this time to get closer to Shirou, she could at least have left him out of it, instead of treating him like a servant. Granted, the Blind Archer of Fuyuki was one of Ayako's oldest friends, but he couldn't shake the feeling that Shirou was taking advantage of his sister for a cooking service or something. Surely no one could think that someone would stay by his side for that long as just a friend?

'Or maybe he's just that dense. I mean, he is blind...'

He cut himself off there, as his unkind thoughts really wouldn't be fair to Shirou, blind people, or such. It was true that Shirou had been through a lot, and he didn't think that the Blind Archer asked for any of the attention he got, but still...he was a little protective of his sister.

'At least sometimes when she brings me, Matou Sakura shows up..."

He had a kind of goofy grin on his face at the thought of the stern, purple-haired girl...who also had a crush on Shirou, or so it seemed. At least Ayako usually made him run interference with Sakura, a role he secretly relished, for who else got to see the idol in a non-school setting?

'I don't know how the Matous do it, but they seem to be perfect at everything...'

Grades, charisma, Sakura's cur--his mind screeched to a halt as he took a deep breath, steadying himself as he put the last of the pots, pans and dishes back, and packed lunch for tomorrow. Chicken Katsu Curry Udon with a side of gyoza for dinner, beef sukiyaki for tomorrow, and of course rice - everything was aromatic and beautifully made, but a pain to clean up after. Especially curry.

Sakura hadn't come today though, and his sister and Shirou were both asleep - and he knew how cranky Ayako got if he just woke her up.

"I guess I'll just go home first, and leave a note. She'll probably be safe staying the night."

Mountaintop Graveyard
    Kyoto, Japan
    January, 16 2007 11:11 PM

Save for the presence of two college-aged women, the mountain was deserted, just as Akemi Yamase desired. It wouldn't do for others to witness the dread rituals she was to perform here, after all, as she sliced her palm and let blood drip down onto the ground, in a pattern had defined earlier. This was it - that which would prove her worthy of continuing her craft.

Her catalysts - bone dust, spirit essence, the blood of a virgin - had all been prepared, as had a suitable vessel, and now she chanted, with the wind whipping about her under the light of the moon, her hair wild and untamed, like the robe she wore.

"Blood and bone be the essence,
    Earth as the clay to fill the flesh
    May the darkness below be the darkness above
    and the breath without become the breath within.
    May the gates close - may the Will be invoked
    may the cycle be overturned at last."

Her eyes were bright, almost too bright, as the blood she spilled began to glow, reacting with the catalyst she had used in a reaction of raw power.

"I declare this now - that your flesh will serve me,
    your fate will be bound to mine
    Submit to my call, from the world beneath
    by the power of blood and spirit ties, now I decree...
    ...Undead Rise!"

...light shone both from the catalyst and from her grimoire - and when it faded...

"Meow," came a cry from Akemi Yamase's feet - when a creature once dead moved again. She'd followed the instructions of the book - and it had worked, just as V-san had written.

"It worked," she panted out raggedly, looking over at the friend she'd brought along. "Akira-chan, see? I wasn't lying. It works! I can do magic - I can bring back my sister!"

Location Unknown

In a pure white room, the Lady Amber sat in her chair, petting the white animal in her lap. It had been some time ago that she'd risen to power as the leader of a new faction, and since, she'd reached out to others who she'd found of interest. People in Mifune, Misaki, Fuyuki and others - people that could help her fight back the encroachment of Entropy.

"Yes, Inky-san?" she asked, looking over a great map of the region with her available assets displayed. Those bound by Contract, Oath, or Lien - or by lesser ties like friendship. She would need them in the event the worst should happen.

"The artifact is present and intact, but appears to be activating ahead of schedule," the creature responded telepathically. "I had not thought humans had mastered the art of Wishcraft, most fascinating. Wish-fulfillment is but a secondary function, similar to my own. The energy buildup is likely to serve a different purpose, though its current nature is unknown. Residual data does not match the residue of any known Witch."

"Fufu, is that so?" the redhead spoke, her golden eyes looking off into the distance. "Well, I suppose you would know the feel of a Witch best, Inky-san. Thank you. But perhaps it is time we contact our student, since it is better to have eyes on scene, so to speak."

She smiled then, a bloodless, hollow thing.

"After all, information is our trade - and debts must be repaid."
    Last edited by alfheimwanderer; April 21st, 2015 at 10:32 PM.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six mangafreak7793's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Saijyou's Mind, Fuyuki

A mind of the Alchemist for anyone who is aware of the existence of the moonlit world would often connect it to that of a calm, controlled, calculating nature in which to process all information into predicting the actions of their surroundings.

In the case of the Alchemist Saijyou Ayaka...

That is not quite the case or at least not anymore.

"BANZAI" I yelled as I tried to steady the controls of the machine and steer it into God know where.

The Doctor made it look so easy then again he didn't have to leave a person's head either.

Heh, For someone who was never a big fan of driving is now in control of a blue police box is certainly a thing. Then again my sisters said I was not a good driver either.

KABOOOM.

"GAAAH." I yelled as the entire machine jolted as I was thrown out of the TARDIS and landed face first into the a pile of sand.

That could have gone better....

"Okay, Ms. Can't take a compliment where did you send me?" I asked to nowhere in particular as I spit out the sand and dusted myself off taking note of my new surroundings.

Sand.

Sand,

More sand.

Wait, I think I see something, Oh wait no that's sand.

She really takes the Middle Eastern motif really seriously. Honestly, I should had called her a Jawa or something but then again Jawa's don't have nice tits.

"Ah, well maybe the TARIS has enough energy to take me someplace nicer." I sighed as I turned around to see my only method of transportation half buried deep into a sand dune.

Upside down....

Hahah, If only my sisters can see me now. Will make the bus incident look so trivial.

"Well this is a thing." I sighed rolling up my sleeves getting ready to dig-wait do I have sleeves? Wasn't hot before? Since when was sleeves a thing?

Why am I thinking in this pattern of thought again? Normally, I only pull that shit off when I'm....in someone's mind.

"Hold up.." I stopped my walk to the Police box as I took a deep breath ignoring the sun radiating on my face....Jesus some shade will be nice.

No, Concentrate.

It does feel familiar, this unreal feeling and considering I'm almost an expert about this stuff...

Oh that cheeky bitch.

Well Bitches but yeah.

"Hahahahaha." I laughed like a madman dropping into the burning sand and rolling around without a care in the world. "Oh you got me, You really got me going! I don't know how you did it and without me knowing and had Ayaka to help you but BEST PRANK EVER! I didn't know you even knew I existed until now so you really had me running scared."

Calming down but still chuckling like a lunatic I begin to pick myself. "Come on out girl so I can give you a noggie and make you a sandwich. Since when have you learned how to do this."

I spread my arms around in this very authentic desert. "I kind of figured you can do it since it's your mind but it was too of a hassle but to do it just to mess with me."

I wipe a tear in my eye and a sense of....pride welling up in my chest. "You grew up so much and didn't had to use gnomes."
    Last edited by mangafreak7793; July 23rd, 2014 at 09:29 PM.

Teasing the Penguin God!

Ilyasviel Von Einzbern's Mindscape
    January 16, 2007, 11:12 PM

"What the Fragarach?"

I'm not entirely sure what happened. One moment, I was being the professional NEET (okay, maybe NET since I am in Education) that I was and the next, I was in front of a huge mansion in the middle of a forest. The mansion seemed familiar but right now, I had other problems.

"Gaaaaah! I'm too young to be suffering from extremely realistic hallucinations!"

Of course, barging into a large mansion when I had no idea who lived there was just asking for trouble. But the forest was dark and creepy, so sue me.

The entrance hall was glorious and it made even my poor, panicking self pause in appreciation. Just for a second though, then I was back to running around in circles. After five minutes or so, I finally calmed down enough to put my train of thought back on track.

"Alright Brain, let's strut our stuff. First, I woke up, went on Facebook and started playing Red Like Roses II to satiate my RWBY hype for the time being. Then, big mansion. So the obvious conclusion would be...

I'M IN REMNANT!"

Probably not the best of conclusions but it makes more sense than something stupid like "I'm dreaming" or "That can of sardines must be screwing with my head."

"Mouu~ Mister Voice, you're so noisy."

I swung around, hands instinctively rising in a "Don't hurt me, I'm innocent" gesture.

"Don't hurt me, I'm innocent!"

Then my brain kicked in.

"Irisviel?"

I probably should have stayed quiet. I know that fantasy books and anime often spoke of killing intent and such things, but I never thought I'd be at the receiving end of one. Or that it actually existed for that matter. 'Cause damn, those red eyes are scary.

"How do you know that name, Mister Voice?"

The question sounded innocent, coming from a really hot and seemingly innocent woman. But I didn't have three years worth of college under my belt for nothing.

So yeah, I really should have stayed quiet and should stay quiet from now on. I held out my hand...

"Alms?"

F/SN x Disgaea Cross
    Crimson Spears

Kyouko-chaaaaan~
    Spoiler:

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Himuro Kane's Mindscape
    January 16, 2007, 11:12 PM

"...hey, Mitsuzuri, why did you call me out here?"

"I... Matou-san, I've..."

"Go ahead and say it, Minori. I taught you not to hesitate, right?"

"M-Matou-san!"

"Mitsuzuri!?"

"Matou-san! No, Shinji! All this time, I've been watching you!"

"...eh?"

"Please Shinji, go out with me!"

"Minori... how did you know... how did you know that I shared your feelings!?"

"Because... wanna do it?"

"What the fuck am I reading?"

The sound rang out through the library, echoing off of distant walls. It was both empty and full; it lacked visitors, but was practically overflowing with books arranged by some unholy combination of a half dozen ciphers, the Dewey Decimal System, and chronological order.

The young man pointedly closed the smutty paperback and slotted it back into the shelf under Fantasies Even I Don't Acknowledge before it could get any more explicit. He rubbed the bridge of his nose and ran a hand through his hair. The rituals didn't help. He still felt raw, as if a part of his being had simply ceased to exist in the most violent possible way.

It was the third one so far. The first had been a shoujo rom-com where the protagonist was an introverted yet creative girl with artistic aspirations and the love interest was some kind of womanizing delinquent. The second was a novel the size of the man's head and appeared to depict some kind of minor political scandal over a period of several weeks from the perspective of a newly elected mayor. It was likely interesting reading for someone with an unreasonable attraction to statistics.

The third one... the young man, barely old enough to not be called a boy, didn't want to think about it.

Despite its horrid contents, though, the man had gleaned a single nugget of information from the books: They all had the same author, a Himuro Kane.

Himuro Kane.

Kane Himuro.

...Love Detective?

"Ah," the man realized. "I'm dreaming."

The realization was only partially linked to the author's name. The other reason behind it stuck out like a sore thumb in the old-fashioned library.

The entire far wall was a giant screen. There was no projector of any kind, and the man didn't want to even try and guess at the resolution. More concerning was that it appeared to display a first person perspective in real time, complete with an elaborate HUD and several meters labelled in Japanese of all things. Japanese that the man found himself able to understand for some reason.

Yep, definitely a dream. But it was one of those good ones, where in the half-hour before waking, one could realize they were in a dream and try to change things accordingly. Of course it never amounted to anything, since dreams had a way of spiraling out of control, but it was usually a fun experience. Thus the man concluded fairly easily that he was dreaming about a recently discovered character in a favored fictional story, and resolved to enjoy it while it lasted.

He left the rows of bookshelves behind and sat down in a comfortable sofa that must've been there, picked up a controller that must've been in his hands the entire time, and opened his eyes, which had surely always been closed.

Two things:

Second, there was no library. He was dining on relatively expensive food across from a seaweed-headed prick that inspired both revulsion and grudging affection in equal measure. Said prick was chatting about some inane thing. The he who was not a he replied in kind with a dry yet witty phrase that would have taken him minutes to come up with.

First, he was not he.

Of course. It was a dream where he wasn't himself, and obviously he wouldn't be able to dictate the actions of someone who wasn't him, so there was someone else who was she, as well as the owner of the place the young man had intruded upon. If he was she, he would've taken a minute just to marvel at what it felt like to have boobs, before panicking at the realization that he could no longer go Number One while standing up.

But he was not she. He was

[EXPUNGED]

He was-

[EXPUNGED]
    Data unavailable. Please contact administrator for assistance.

No connection detected. Administrator unavailable.
    Attempt recovery of damaged missing sectors?

He-

[ERROR #2459-DEA$42]
    Data is corrupted. Attempting recovery...

D4ta paRt1ally r3covereD.

He knew who he was. He also knew who she was, and she knew that a new presence had appeared in her head at what could possibly be called the worst possible time.

"Oh, don't mind me,"
    he said, and didn't say. The blue-haired prick couldn't hear, but Himuro Kane definitely could. "I won't mess up the date. I might mess up what comes after, though. I mean, I can keep my mouth shut now, but it'll definitely get awkward as fuck if you start taking off your clothes."

It was a dream, right? If it wasn't, the young man wasn't sure what he'd do.

"Um."

Something beeped. A drop-down list of replies to continue the small talk appeared on the HUD. All were being considered, and his appearance had stalled Himuro Kane's train of thought long enough for some emergency track switching to be done.

He picked one without thinking.

(1) "You know, I could also arrange for some media coverage the night of the play. It would be beneficial for the Club, the Student Council, the School. Perhaps they might even notice your performance and put it on the news. I'm not sure you'll be able to pay that kind of price, though..."
    (2) Take a sip of wine. Raise an eyebrow. Give him a slightly flirtatious smile. "This wasn't bought with the Drama Club's budget, was it? Judging from the flavor, something this expensive would leave you with nothing for the remainder of the year and most of the next. That kind of misappropriation would be very... worrisome, Matou-kun."
    (3) "If you insist on learning the role, Romeo-kun, then why not speak it for the rest of the night? I'm sure Shakespeare would be thankful that someone remembers his language." Say it all in English.
    (4) Put it in.
    (5) Genuflect.
    Last edited by Bloble; July 23rd, 2014 at 10:18 PM.

Blog Entries
    Username: Kuroyuki 'Kuro'

"Huuuuuuuuuuuuuoooouuuaaaaaaahaaa"

God am I tired... Maybe I shouldn't have marathoned that many animes late at night. Well I guess it should be fine since I don't have class or work for like another week. With that thought in mind, I decide to take my sweet time doing my morning stretches. Okay, I'm ready to get out of bed and waste another of my days on the net. Hopefully, I got updated in some of the roleplays that I managed to join. That... would... be... nice...

"Zzzzzzz."

No no no no. Wake up, grab your glasses, and at least waste your day on the web. I reach out away from my bed to grab air and... the floor? I attempt to grab my glasses without opening my eyes again... Nope nothing. Did I knock them off my dresser...

I open my eyes to find myself in what is best described as an "empty" room with a doorway out and my bed. Not "my" bed, but a Japanese futon. Man I can barely see out here only if I had my glasses. As if on cue, I find my glasses a little further away nearby the door.

I make my way to the door and slowly open it to find... A GIRL'S ROOM?!? Why does my room lead to a girl's room? Better yet where am I?!? What the hell is happening here?!? Okay think it through carefully... I fell asleep in my bed after a long, exhausting marathon of anime and visual novels last night/early morning. Then I woke up in a blank room that's connected to this girl's room.

There's only thing I haven't really studied yet. The other occupant in the room: the girl. I examine the girl slightly. Okay she's currently asleep. She has red hair. Maybe she dyed it? Okay I'm going to quit examining her... It seems just a little creepy. Okay I can't figure out what is happening. I doubt she knows anything but I can always try.

I go up to her bed and lightly shake her awake. She looks around the room seemingly confused.

"Ummm... Excuse me but do you know where we are at?"

She looks at me quizzically then I see what seems to be concern and fear come across her face.

"My room... Who are you and why are you here?"

Her room? Wait something doesn't feel right about this. Why is her room only connected to my room? I don't get this... I guess I should try and figure out some other stuff.

"Just trying to figure what is happening to me right now... I guess I should introduce myself at least. My name is..."

I tried to say my name only to get a blank. And the more I tried to remember my name, the more I noticed things were missing. I saw a blurred form of girl who jokingly called me "onii-chan." I saw a guy climbing the tree and to quit being such a wuss. I recognized them as my best friends. Then when I did a quick check on my family. All I could remember was a woman and a man happily talking to a kid. I could recognize the man and the woman as my parents, but who was the kid? whoishewhoishewhoishewhoishewhoishewhoishe

The intruder in Ayako's mind fell to his knees in what appears to be mental anguish. If one had the ability to look at his spirit or ego, they would've found his to be in shambles. A spirit about to break due to several parts of him being forcibly removed. However, this person had a surprising strength to him. The strength to continue on despite losing nearly everything. He found something that would fill the void of his name. The username he used at a site called Beast's Lair: Kuroyuki or simply Kuro. The void of his family and friends were replaced with his warm memories of IRC chatrooms, games, books, and shows. Slowly the spirit filled in or replaced the empty parts of it until it had a sense of self again.

"ou okay? Hey are you ok?"

I shake my head a little bit to get my bearings... I notice the girl trying to figure out what is wrong with me. To be honest, I'm not entirely sure what happened to myself either. I have a feeling of loss but from what?

"Yeah I'm fine... Like I was saying my name is Kuroyuki. You can call me Kuro if you want."

"Black Snow? Why is your name that?"

"It was my username for a site I frequented... Since I can't remember my real name."

"I see..."

"So what is your name then?"

"My name is Mitsuzuri Ayako"

Mitsuzuri... Ayako... That name rung a bell in my brain. Could she have been one of my friends? Driven by curiosity, I searched until I pulled all information that I had on her... Red hair. Has some skill with a bow and a naginata. Has a crush on a guy named Emiya Shirou... Wait EMIYA SHIROU! D-does this mean I'm in Fate/Stay Night?!? Maybe I'm lucky and this is significantly before or after the Holy Grail War...

"Say Ayako... What is the date?"

"January 16th, 2007. Why?"

"..."

Jan-January?!? Didn’t the Holy Grail War start in? Wait what year did that start? Was it when Rin and Shirou were in their third year or second? Uh… Whatever! At least I can start preparing for it now if its a year later.

"Ayako... Please listen to me. This might be important."

---- Some unknown amount of time later ----

"So basically, a war between mythical heroes is going to happen in two weeks and depending on how things go. You might end up as a victim during that."

"Am I suppose to believe you? None of the events, you just described to me has happened or even made sense so why should I listen to you?"

Ugh... How do I prove that I'm not lying? I started racking my brain for something. Anything to convince her. Ugh how?!? I didn't notice it but I accidentally flipped a switch that was in my head. My body started to glow slightly. I felt myself grow stronger and faster just by using this. I don't get what this is but it should prove it to her.

"W-what are you doing?!?"

"I'm not sure but a normal person can't do this right?"

"Okay... So say this does happen. What is your plan to deal with this holy grail war then?"

"...I need to work on that. I'll come up with something. I think I can do something with whatever this is..."

I make a gesture to the aura around my body. However, she doesn’t look very convinced despite this clearly unnatural aura around my body.

"You lecture me for who knows how long and then you give me a “I’ll work on it” response? That gives loads of confidence... So are you going to just stay here in my room? Don’t you have some planning to do for this holy grail war?"

"Sorry. I guess I'll just leave your room and try to come up with something?"

I open the door between our two rooms and try to come up with some idea. At the very least, I think I should investigate this power and see how I can use it. If I get the hang of it, I can train her or even teach her how to use it. With that said... I think I should hit the sack because man this was tiring... I got into my futon and slowly fell asleep.
    Last edited by Kuroyuki; July 27th, 2014 at 07:37 PM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Caster's Avatar
    Issei Ryuudou's Cosmosphere
    Ryuudou Temple

I yawned, as I blinked my eyes slowly. I had been having such a good dream before. It had seemed kind of strange, but it wasn't often that I had dreams involving Type-Moon stuff. As I looked around though, I saw that the dream hadn't ended. This one was even more vivid than the one I had just been in. Instead of just watching Issei I seemed to be able to see things from his perspective. Curiouser and curiouser, and it made me wonder how deep the rabbit hole went. As I felt myself getting comfortable though, I realized this was a bit more realistic than a dream. If it had been a dream, he definitely wouldn't be just sitting here meditating. And why would he be thinking about girls? That never came up in his dreams. No, this was definitely something else. I sighed, as I felt a headache begin. If it wasn't a dream, then that meant there was something else going on. But what? It didn't seem like any magic I had heard of.

"What manner of spirit is choosing to harass me this much, and during my meditation no less?"
    I look around, at first confused, though I quickly realized what was going on. "Issei, is that you?" "Of course it's me, who else would I be? Who are you though?" "I'm not really sure how to explain this. For right now you can call me Caster though. I'm not a spirit, that's for sure. Or at least I wasn't, might be what I am now. I'm not sure how to explain it, but I think I'm sharing your body right now."

Nameless Phantasm
    Matou Sakura's Mindscape
    January 16th, 2007. 11:11 PM

Confusion.

Panic,

Pain,

Nausea,

Anger,

Satisfaction,

Blistering, mind-rending PAIN

Dull ache.

The nameless thing awoke with a start, curling up and cradling itself in confused pain at the fading... nightmare? Flashback?

Memory. Yes, that seemed right.

It took strength from this actualization, and shoved itself to its feet, socked feet brushing the floor of what appeared to be a wooden cabin of some sort.

Had a fire going and everything, pictures of people and places he faintly recognized, the room seeming to encompass a lifetime of memories that seemed to have faded away. Y'know, when you see someone you almost recognize, as if it is about to leap from your tongue, but you simply cannot recall.

This is what this hollow being had surmised its surroundings to be, guessing wildly and picking an answer that seemed correct, the action felt amusingly familiar, and it felt itself grow stronger still. Rising from the...

From the space of floor where he was certain a bed had been. He shook his head and prowled around the small cabin, other than the faded memories, some books by the fire, which titles he could not make out, there was only a set of clothing hung by the door, heavy winter gear, a thick coat and jeans, hat and gloves, alongside an old-fashioned lantern.

Following an idle whim, the nameless man tugged on the heavy clothing and grasped the lantern in his hands, searching for a book of matches, but the lantern seemed to come to life of its own accord. The light streaming out boldly, like a compressed floodlight, or the sun through a windowpane.

At that last thought, the man smiled, a faint twinge of memory tugging away, and without further ado, he set out into what he presumed was the cold.

And he was not disappointed, a cold night awaited him, snow and hail falling from all around, he tugged the collar of the heavy overcoat up around his mouth and squinted into the gloom.

A small light shone in the distance, quiet, sullen, but strong under the harsh, cold night.

As the man set out, a child's memories stirred, a discomfort at the surrounding dark, of hidden eyes gazing down at him, filled with a hunger that made him scurry for the covers of his bed, tugging a comforter into a tent to hide from any interlopers.

The lantern shone brighter, and the young man seemed closer still to that light in the distance.

He personally felt that purple was a strange color to have on a winter's night like this, wouldn't it be more appropriate to have green or red? More festive, in his opinion.

And really, going towards a purple light in a snowstorm is probably not the brightest idea, it's probably a lich or something and you're going to get turned into some dumb zambambo.

Yes, the memories were coming back, thoughts, feelings, hopes, dreams, internal monologue. Filling the husk that had awoken on the not-bed to something vaguely resembling life.

Was he truly alive? Where was he? Why was he going towards the light? Isn't that usually a bad thing.

He didn't have anywhere else to go, really, and the surrounding darkness seemed almost threatening, so he hurried along, shuffling towards a similiar-looking cabin, this one seemed a bit more run-down, more lived-in may have been a kinder way to put it. His had seemed almost new.

Perhaps it was.

He knocked on the door politely, a worn-looking nameplate christening the house as the property of S K M T U, strange name that.

He waited a bit longer, looking anxiously around at the abyss and the blizzard, feeling watched. He knocked again, waited maybe three seconds, then abruptly entered the cottage, shutting the door behind him.

I don't like the dark, okay.

I looked around the new area I found myself in, the cottage expanding around me, clearly far larger than it had appeared outside, having been roughly the size of my own "cabin". Although I had begun to assume this was probably some sort of dream sequence or something like that.

Just like my Chinese Cartoons.

Also like my Chinese Cartoons, a mirror stood facing the door, whereupon I promptly notice the new and unwelcome math problem that had become a body that used to be mine, but now apparently had become the victim of someone's copy-paste fanfiction.

Or something like that.

His head hurt, he wrapped his hands around his head, shaking, Con- NO. Not again.

I looked up again, and saw a roulette wheel of images in the mirror, the one that had welcomed me in, a familiar sight of something that I assumed was my own body, looking rather handsome if I do say so myself (and i do).

Then something that instantly awoke in me a fire of amusement and memories, a snarling beast, lunging at me from beyond the looking-glass, talons raised to strike at its prey.

I supposed that these images before me were all something that made up me.

Although I was fairly certain I had never wanted to be the little girl. I saved that for my contemporaries and I will fight anyone who says otherwise.

Yes, the fight. The rush of combat, the satisfaction of victory, the-.

Sorry, should be moving on.

I strode across the entrance room, politely leaving my boots and coat at the door, and entered what appeared to be a well-furnished sitting room, pictures, presumably memories, like my own cabin's, hung on the wall.

Some cracked and faded, like mine originally were, some looked intentional, images I wished I had not seen, they formed a timeline of images leading up to what I supposed was the mistress of the house.

I cleared my throat slightly, hoping to get her attention, it was not given.

She appeared to be hunched over something at a desk, working briskly, I paced slightly closer, "Mis-".

She stopped, sitting up straight in the chair, slowly turning to face me.

I relaxed, "Ah, I was wondering if you know where I a-"

The chair was flung into the air in her passage and I was scarcely able to bring up a-

Potion to examine closely, (what, I don't know anything about potions, well I guess chemistry) it fizzed cheerily, azure bubbles popping along the surface, I felt myself nod with satisfaction, setting it back into the beaker filled with crushed XXX and water and stirring for approximately 90 seconds to attain the proper pallor of-

I blinked, I stood in the entrance to the sitting room again, the girl still sitting there, but I felt as though the situation... differed from when I entered.

Still, I stuck close to the portal.

"Uh, excuse me, Miss. I'm afraid I've gotten a bit lost, and, tell you the truth, I'm not quite certain how I've found myself here."

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Mellon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Bazett Fraga McRemitz
    Date - January 16, 2007 AD
    Time - 8:48 AM
    Location - Above the coast of Ireland

Well, this was unexpected.

Bazett’s eyes quickly scanned through the letter sent by the Edelfelt heir, as her fingers casually drummed the seat armrest. Really, quite a brazen proposal all things considered. Enforcers, such as Bazett, were not particularly well liked amongst the more well established families of the Association. And for a good reason, all things considered. Once bestowed, a Sealing Designation could not be removed, regardless of your influence, and had been the downfall of many families, Lords included. And although vital for the functioning of the Association, the powerful never liked having their influence bypassed.

Not to mention that the Edelfelt heir had specifically approached her, which meant that she had no qualms about challenging the Sophia-Ri faction.

Really... Ever since Bazett had taken the mission to deal with Bram Nuada-Re Sophia-Ri, the former head of the Evocation Department, life had been even more annoying then usual. The man had quite a following in the department, even after being placed under the Sealing Designation, who had made no qualms to hide their desire for vengeance. The invitation from Kotomine had been somewhat of a godsend in this regard, though Bazett at the very least,had no doubts that they would attempt at least something, before they were too far out of the factions reach.

What do you think of this, Bazett?

Hmm...I am not sure of their motivations. I haven’t had any direct contact with any members of the Edelfelt family, so their proposal sounds far too convenient considering the circumstances.

If it would have come a bit sooner, it might have been worth it to accept their offer to get the Sophia-Ri faction off my back, but as things are, the timing is far too uncanny.

Indeed, it had been barely less then a week since Kotomine had first contacted Bazett, via her phone. The fact that the Edelfelts already suspected her participation in the Grail War (the timing made this extremely likely), either meant that there had been an extremely tech-savvy magi nearby (a rarity in the Clock Tower), or that she was being observed far more closely then she had previously suspected. Using magecraft to spy on rivals or threats was a common occurance in the Tower. It was a way of life for Magi, but phones were a surprisingly private method of communication, all things considered. The alternative possibility was that her Workshop barriers had been bypassed. If that was the case, then even returning to the Tower in the near future might be foolish to say the least.

The red-haired Enforcer fell into silence she contemplated the ramifications of this letter from the Edelfelts. To say that their “coexistence” had started of tumultuously would be an understatement at the very least. In fact, the red-haired woman had tried at least half a dozen runic rituals against possession, before he even managed to have the chance to properly speak with her. When he did finally manage to communicate with Bazett, he was able to at least somewhat persuade her of the fact that at the very least, he had some useful knowledge about the Grail War, if nothing else. Though he was quite sure that her grudging acceptance was at least somewhat driven by the fact that she was apparently not able to exorcise him without the use of a Grand Ritual at the very least. And revealing to the Association that she had been possessed would be suicide. In the end, an agreement was reached where both sides simply agreed to discuss matters and cooperatively decide upon a suitable course of action. For his part though, he had done his best to simply offer advice where it was needed and not to alienate Bazett any further.

I have no idea why Luvia is even attempting to take part in the Grail War, in all honesty. Her rivalry with Rin isn’t even supposed to start before after the 5th.

There is the issue with the Toshaka Crest and the 3rd, but why would she move now...?

The intercom crackled for a bit, before the calm and confident voice of the pilot could be heard throughout the plane.

“Ladies and gentlemen, we have started our descent into Dublin and should be landing at Dublin Airport in approximately twenty minutes. Please fasten your seatbelts and make sure that your table is secured and your seat is in the upright position.”

As the plane was descending, both souls inhabiting the body of the red-haired woman were deep in thought, albeit over different subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by alfheimwanderer View Post
    Mountaintop Graveyard
    Kyoto, Japan

Save for the presence of two college-aged women, the mountain was deserted, just as Akemi Yamase desired. It wouldn't do for others to witness the dread rituals she was to perform here, after all, as she sliced her palm and let blood drip down onto the ground, in a pattern had defined earlier. This was it - that which would prove her worthy of continuing her craft.

Her catalysts - bone dust, spirit essence, the blood of a virgin - had all been prepared, as had a suitable vessel, and now she chanted, with the wind whipping about her under the light of the moon, her hair wild and untamed, like the robe she wore.

"Blood and bone be the essence,
    Earth as the clay to fill the flesh
    May the darkness below be the darkness above
    and the breath without become the breath within.
    May the gates close - may the Will be invoked
    may the cycle be overturned at last."

Her eyes were bright, almost too bright, as the blood she spilled began to glow, reacting with the catalyst she had used in a reaction of raw power.

"I declare this now - that your flesh will serve me,
    your fate will be bound to mine
    Submit to my call, from the world beneath
    by the power of blood and spirit ties, now I decree...
    ...Undead Rise!"

...light shone both from the catalyst and from her grimoire - and when it faded...

"Meow," came a cry from Akemi Yamase's feet - when a creature once dead moved again. She'd followed the instructions of the book - and it had worked, just as V-san had written.

"It worked," she panted out raggedly, looking over at the friend she'd brought along. "Akira-chan, see? I wasn't lying. It works! I can do magic - I can bring back my sister!"
    One moment, Seo Akira is about to plaster a fake smile onto her face in order to try and find a good solution to her friend digging deeper and deeper into what is best left alone.

The next, she buckles over on the spot.

There is... so much.

She sees so much. So unbearably much.

She can feel Akemi touch her, panickedly trying to help her, to calm her, to protect her. The soft, scarred hands holding her.

Akira's body is burning. A heat from within surging up, nerves lit on fire. Her mind... splits. And splits. And splits. Like glass. Every shard reflecting the others, but distorted.

Her mind speeds up. She sees. Her mind strains to see ever more. To become aware, to understand.

Something whispers secrets to her. Old secrets. Forgotten secrets. Secrets that have yet to become true. Secrets that will not become true.

The inevitable future. Program Number Six.

The secret of how it all ends.

She's seen it now. She can't deny it. It is True.

It breaks her, a little. She twists inside and becomes full of jagged edges.

It passes.

Her blurry vision clears, and she sees the frightened face of Akemi looking down at her. Her hearing slowly returns, and the frightened shouting of her friend becomes audible. Her body moves as she wills it again, and she gently reaches out to touch Akemi's cheek while she smiles - sadly, awkwardly, tiredly - and puts another hand to the ground to regain her balance.

Akemi quiets and helps her up. The little undead cat comes creeping closer, and suddenly Akira can't help but laugh.

It is a dry, coughing laugh that doesn't last long, but it is there. Akemi flinches away from her at the sound, but Akira finds it hard to really care.

"I am so screwed." She whispers into the darkness.

Yes. Agrees a voice in her mind. She chuckles again. She's gotten a rough idea of what she needs to do. It's a lot better than how she usually goes about these kinds of things at least.

"Akemi-chan... I'm, well, mostly okay. Don't worry too much. Sorry. Um." She pauses, and tries to see how best to go on from here.

"Sorry, Akemi-chan, but... I've been lying to you. I knew that this was possible. I just didn't want you to find out because... because magecraft doesn't really make you happier. But... you succeeded at that, and... and I saw, so now... now I need to do something. There's... if I don't do something, a lot of people might die. I don't want that future to happen. I think, to prevent it, I need your help a little..."

She looks up at Akemi, up at that frightened, confused, so terribly vulnerable face, and she smiles a twisted smile. It's not really a funny thing but... she feels like 'tis all a grand joke nonetheless.

I probably look a little like Akiha right now. She muses, and just barely manages not to laugh again.
    Salute! Apocynum!

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    [Desert Simulation]
    The Mind of
    Sajyou' Ayaka, Partition #3

Of the many branches of magi, the Alchemists of Atlas were said to be the weakest - at least when it came to such things as circuit count and nature interference thaumaturgy. Indeed, it took in many who did not have the aptitude for such spellcraft, relying much more on formalcraft, mechanical engineering - and of course, spells that altered one's mind. Thought Acceleration was the first of these spells, the proof that one was an Alchemist at all, as one could overclock one's mind and gain exceptional abilities in calculating the immediate future - whether in combat or in the laboratory. But for superior Alchemists, Memory Partition was a more useful spell, as it allowed one to process thoughts in parallel, which, if coupled with the ability to quickly analyze things and break problems down into constituent parts, could lead to extremely rapid computation.

...in most cases, at least. Some Alchemists, like Sajyou Ayaka, used it instead for mental defense, as if one partition was breached, she could simply seal an attacker off and limit damage - or were she ill inclined, expose him/her to the presence bound up in Partition #4, the corrupting whispers that would destroy other souls.

In this case, however, she had simply logged the intrusion - a curious thing, as none should have been able to get past her defenses without a physical connection - or at least tripping her wards. Thus, her mind raced, as her autonomous defenses kicked into action.

Anomaly detected.

First, the intruder's mind was quite vulnerable to counter-attack, but had little recoverable surface data.

Second, the intruder had no special spiritual signature - no real presence that would indicate a threat.

Third...the intruder was obviously not being stealthy.

Be that as it might be, there was no point taking chances.

Partition lockdown initiated. Countermeasures deploying.

Various drone units shimmered into existence in the barren desert, seemingly robotic units that floated towards the intruder, with gunsticks and manipulator arms waving as they chanted their war cry:

EXTERMINATE. EXTERMINATE. EXTERMINATE.

Mountaintop Graveyard
    Kyoto, Japan

Akemi Yamase just looked on in horror as her friend Seo Akira collapsed.

...she didn't know if it was worse when Akira rose, mentioning she'd known about magecraft before, that it wouldn't make her happier - that she needed to do something or people would die. People like her, which her sister Homura had vanished protecting...

That was the day she had begun delving into the secrets of the moonlit world, trying to find out what had taken her sister and why. What was the nature of demons? What were these bounded fields? What were the strange terms that her sister had used, long, long ago?

...why had her sister read this book once?

It scared her. It scared her a lot - but she couldn't just stop. Not without answers. Not without finding out what had happened - and trying to bring her sister back...

...but she knew what her sister would have said, what she herself had to say, in that same inflectionless voice.

"What can I do to help, Seo Akira?"
    Last edited by alfheimwanderer; July 24th, 2014 at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alfheimwanderer View Post
    Mountaintop Graveyard
    Kyoto, Japan

Akemi Yamase just looked on in horror as her friend Seo Akira collapsed.

...she didn't know if it was worse when Akira rose, mentioning she'd known about magecraft before, that it wouldn't make her happier - that she needed to do something or people would die. People like her, which her sister Homura had vanished protecting...

That was the day she had begun delving into the secrets of the moonlit world, trying to find out what had taken her sister and why. What was the nature of demons? What were these bounded fields? What were the strange terms that her sister had used, long, long ago?

...why had her sister read this book once?

It scared her. It scared her a lot - but she couldn't just stop. Not without answers. Not without finding out what had happened - and trying to bring her sister back...

...but she knew what her sister would have said, what she herself had to say, in that same inflectionless voice.

"What can I do to help, Seo Akira?"
    Akira's smile fades.

"I need to find something - the remnants of someone - in order to join a... there's a ritual. I saw a ritual, in Fuyuki. It... the city might vanish. If I participate, I'll have the power to tip it, to push it into a safe outcome. For that I need a thing. A catalyst. I think, in your book, in those rituals there is something that can lead me to one. Rituals of divination. We'll need to move fast. I don't know how much time we have."

She frowns. She licks her lips and lets her eyes unfocus. Inside, something clicks.

Ah, a brainstate emulation. Clever. It was... hard to talk before.

Akira twitches minutely at the voice in her head.

She'll deal with it later.

Then she looks at poor Akemi, ragged and exhausted by her small feat of magecraft.

"Let's get back home, first." She says more kindly. More like herself. The admission twists in her gut. Her own, new jagged edges tearing into her flesh.

"No matter what, we're not getting anything done until you feel a little better. Let's get home so you can shower and I can make some tea, okay?" She smiles again, more gently, and offers her hand.

We'll probably need to pick up some things too.

Shush, you.

Sorry.
    Salute! Apocynum!

Blog Entries
    Somewhere in Georgia
    Kuzuki Soichirou

'Uh... Hey, thanks again for being so supportive and go along with what I say... I know I'm just kind of a faceless voice in your head but I really do mean well!'

'I have nothing better to do.'

'Of course of course, I really want to help you out you see, once I found out that I ended up uh inside of you I thought I could try helping you out as much as I could. Of course I'm already a bit worried though, things seem a bit different even if you were by yourself this time around...'

'What do you mean?'

'Oh uh, it's nothing your world seems to uh be slightly different to the one I'd expect is all, but there shouldn't be any difficulties if we follow through with our plan. I hope anyways...'

'I see...'

'Well anyways, let me double check again, we have the book in case we get unlucky and if he was able to do it with just that then as a last resort hopefully it can work for us.'

Inside his inner coat pocket Kuzuki patted it double checking to make sure that the small carefully wrapped book was still safe and sound which it was.

'Ok, ok, well how about that device we managed to obtain? This was one of my largest concerns but it seems that fate is on our side. Though I really don't like trusting people I'm not familiar with and they certainly didn't seem very trustworthy... But we didn't really have any other options...'

'I have it with me.'

'Ok ok... I have to say... I'm not really accustomed to going around the world like this, I've stayed in one place for so long it's all been so strange to me... But anyways how is your drink?'

'It is fine, it is different then what I normally drink which is new to me.'

'I see I see... Well go ahead and enjoy yourself then, I don't want to intrude too much, but I also would rather we do not stick around in a place as toxic as this... Despite how pretty and foreign it might look.'

'Very well then.'

After a relaxing stay at the small relaxing restaurant Kuzuki paid for the drinks and we were off to the nearby car where our true destination lay.

Blog Entries
    [Desert Simulation]
    The Mind of Sajyou' Ayaka, Partition #3

"I take that back what I said you just replaced Gnomes with Daleks." I sighed shaking my head as I searched around for the witch and frowned to see she is no longer around.

...This is concerning.

"Okay Ayaka, Haha. I get the joke you can quit it now!" I said as I slowly backed away as the Daleks. "Just because we marathon the series while we casually waited for nighttime the others to bash their heads in like a bunch of madmen or well like me, even for someone like me having a bunch Daleks pointing their proddy bits around is quite discomforting."

"EXTERMINATE, EXTERMINATE, EXTERMINATE."

"Sush, little babies. Mommy and Daddy are talking now." I hushed the machines to which they momentarily paused before looking at each other contemplating what I just said.

That should give me a few seconds.

"EXTERMINATE, EXTERMINATE, EXTERMINATE"

...or not.

"Is it because I called you out watching the 10th Doctor's butt..." I said scratching the back of my head while ignoring the screaming vending machines before shrugging my shoulders as I tried to guess when I might have pissed her off.

Unfortunately, there are a lot of them to guess from.

Eh, I'll run with it.

"I mean I find the 11th more amusing though judging by the times your eyes looked down every time the 11th turned around decreased compared to the 10th and yes I have kept count!" I said with emphasizing the end a bit dramatically. "Doesn't mean we can't talk about your tastes in men and nerd out on Doctor Who over a midnight snack I'll whip in in the kitchen, it is midnight right? I can't tell whether is day or night sometimes in here especially with the new desert setting, I mean can you revert back to the garden I need to tend to my sculptors and do stuff before you go to bed and maybe just maybe I'll not sing catchy songs tonight. I swear I noticed you have been humming a couple of them and I know you hate that."

I let out a grin that will put the Cheshire cat to shame as I quietly sat down waiting for the scenery to change though the swarming Daleks coming out of the breach is still leaking out like a running faucet. Honestly, did she leave the printer on or something while pulling this off? She'll have points knocked off on that. "Well time is a wasting! Well for you anyway, you get the idea."
    Last edited by mangafreak7793; July 24th, 2014 at 09:42 PM.

Teasing the Penguin God!

Issei Ryuudou's Cosmosphere
    Ryuudou Temple
    January, 16 2007 11:15 PM

"And I'd say that's about it. I'm sorry for rambling on so much, but there was a lot I wanted to get out. I'm not sure if you'll believe any of this, but if you do, I really think your best bet would be to try and find a way to summon. I don't know how much has changed, since you seem kind of different from what I remember, but you can bet that others are going to summon." Issei sat quietly, as I watched. Eventually he nodded, his eyebrows furrowed in concentration. "Honestly, I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think your story checks out. You don't seem to just be an ordinary spirit, and I haven't heard of anything like you before. If all of what you said is true, or even half of it, I have little choice but to act for the safety of this temple. It would explain some of the things I've seen around here as well." I sighed in relief, glad that at least the hard part was over. I had no idea how accurate the information was anymore, and for some strange reason there were gaps in my memory of things. If this wasn't just a dream, then my life could very well end if Issei's did, meaning I had to make sure he was as prepared as could be.

"Issei, I'm not sure how awake you are right now, but it might even be best to get a move on tonight. I know that you probably have school tomorrow, but a sick day might be the best thing." "It has been getting hard to handle school and temple work lately. I can't afford to neglect the temple, and if this is really needed for it, I might need to set aside school for a time. But what are you thinking of doing?" "I know of a place where we need to go. I don't know why I know about it to be honest, I get the feeling that it has something to do with whatever magic brought me into your life. But the sooner we get to it, the better. I can help guide you with the information I have, but we'll need to rely on you to actually handle the hard stuff." "You want me to travel this late? How far are we talking exactly, trains aren't going to be running this late." "You might not need a train, it sounded like you had something else that could help us."

Lluviagelita Edelfelt's Mindscape
    January 16th, 2007, 11:12PM

"Would you like to take a seat, Milady?"

The room was dimly lit by a single chandelier overhead. A beautifully tiled floor and stained glass windows composed the the room.

A single marble table was placed at the very center of the room with a rather gradoise chair.

Lluviagelita opened her eyes, and strolled to the center of the room to face the one speaking to her.

"Are you the new butler?"

The grey-haired long-nosed man, dressed in a butler uniform took a bow, "Yes milady, you may call me Megas if you wish. Would you like to take a seat?"

"Very well," She sat, and the butler pulled over a silver cart with a kettle and plate with biscuits on it. "Tea and Biscuits, Milady?"

"Of course." He picked up poured tea from the kettle into the cup on the table, and placed plate of biscuits placed in front of her.

She took a sip, a small frown on her face, then placed the cup down, "It is adequate, but it will need to be of higher quality next time."

"I apologize, Milady."

Lluvia straightened her posture "So, I assume you are here to assist me," She looked up at her 'new butler' with an impatient look on her face.

"But of course, Milady. Our general goals should be to secure the Tohsaka Crest as well as the information they possess on the 2nd magic." He spoke with his face completely neutral.

"I've already begun negotiations for hired help on that front so I don't see why you-"

"You may want to step in personally, there's no telling what could go wrong, and if you're discrete about it, you might be able to avoid most servant contact entirely."

"And the Grail?"

"I'm sure you're above interest in such a thing." The 'butler' did his best to maintain his neutral expression, though he had begun to sweat slightly under the pressure of Lluvia's stare.

"Perhaps, but this still doesn't answer the question of what you are." She stared, straight into his face, which was now visibly strained a bit. He knew too much, and clearly had some sort of agenda.

"I, I suppose the best thing I should call myself is your butler milady, I am here to assist you when you might be lost, suggest the best course of action where I think appropriate, however, I do not intend to meddle in your affairs unless you allow it." He attempted to compose himself. "Whenever you feel you need guidance, I will be right here waiting for you."

Lluvia closed her eyes and sat for a moment, contemplating her next question, she eventually reopened them and looked up and the 'butler', "Where exactly am I?"

"We are in a place between dreams and reality, mind and matter. This is simply a place for me to help you find your way through the ordeals in the near future. For starters, we should make sure to have an insurance plan, just in case everything else fails." The butler smiled, the eyes behind his glasses gleaming with enthusiasm.

He sat down in a chair at the other end of the table. Then he drew eight cards from his breast pocket and spread them out face down across the table. The of the cards flashed blue quickly and as if by magic, floated by themselves towards Lluvia, forming a circle around her head, facing away . "These cards show the possibilities of who you might contract in the coming days, it could be a servant, a magus, a master, even a simple commoner who happens to share your priorities. Whoever you choose however, you will have to share the burden of the trials over the coming weeks with. If they help you gain honor and power for your family, you in turn will will help them along their personal quests. In this way, you will share your power collective power, and will accomplish great things beyond anything you could hope for on your own." as he ended his speech, Lluvia snatched one of the cards out the air, then took a look at what she'd drawn.

"The Assassin? The weakest of the servants?" Her brow furrowed, and a slight frown formed on her lips.

"Do not feel limited to only one ally, Milady. Once you have or have not made your first connection, feel free to return here for advice on where to move next. For now, I suggest you head over to Iraq. A powerful Queen, stronger than any who once held title of 'The Old Man of the Mountain,' has many relics of her reign residing there. Regardless of whether or not you are successful in your summoning, the search for the catalyst of Assassin will bring you closer to the next step in your quest." He still held his eerie smile, but his eyes showed concern for the girl across the table.

"Alright, but when I return, I would like more answers as to what you are, and what you know," Lluvia stood up, the floating cards vanishing as she did. "I haven't decided whether I trust you yet, but at the very least, you claim to be acting for my benefit. It seems your agenda at least includes keeping me alive." She stared him down from the other end of the table. She then strode across the room for the door, then exited.

"Whew, she's pretty tough to impress, I'll need to be more forthcoming next time if I want to keep her happy." The 'butler' wiped the sweat off his brow.
    Last edited by Megas; July 27th, 2014 at 10:47 PM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    [Quarantine Zone]
    The Mind of Sajyou' Ayaka, Partition #4
    January 16, 2007 AD

Unfortunately for the invading spirit, the Daleks did not relent, did not stop. This Ayaka did not know the new presence, after all, and would not be tricked into revealing details of what she knew or letting down her guard. That was a common strategem of mental combat, after all, since a focused effort did not abate in danger until fully dealt with. Thus, there was only one thing to do as the Daleks came upon the intruder and swarmed about him, prodding and zapping him - incapacitating him with cries of "EXTERMINATE, EXTERMINATE, EXTERMINATE."

The Alchemist took direct control of the operation, directing the cybernetic organisms to disable the hostile and shift him into the 4th partition - the dark dimension where the corruption had seen sealed. Howling black sand. Dust that seeks to infect, corrupt, destroy. A mass of power compelling all within its reach to DIE DIE DIE. It was relentless, frenetic, terrible - and was the worst possible thing to encounter. She had grown used to it - the whispers inviting her to kill, to revel in destruction, to become a beast and drink the blood of her enemies.

Tarot helped. Sometimes, concentrating on a particularly difficult problem helped. Walking hoped - but she was already resting at home. Coooking helped occasionally, but not for long. Combat helped, for in the throes of the bloodrage, and didn't know what the effects would be of breaking through the mask, again. A sacrificial soul though - sometimes that helped most of all in the short term.

Thus, Ayaka simply dumped the mind of this intruder into the dreaded 4th Partition, encasing him in a transparent pyramid as the foul winds of corruption blew in a desert of black sand, rubble, and fire. Hell on earth - which Ayaka only shielded the intruder enough from to keep him from being completely destroyed - after all, if his mind was relatively intact, the information would be there for the taking. If not...

At that moment, the only thing the new spirit could know was an explosion of pain. Darkness melting the flesh. Darkness breaking the bones and eating away. Darkness screaming at how futile everything was, how one should give up, how one should simply give up and DIE. Mental pain. Physical pain - pain beyond anything one had ever felt or known before. Every moment of guilt, every crime, every thoughtless word, every hurt, every carelessness, every scrap of this was turned on the intruder as Ayaka rifled through surface thoughts.

Two days of purest, darkest pain and agony - perhaps after that, he would be willing to talk seriously.

Issei Ryuudou's Cell

Ryuudou Temple
    January, 16 2007

The current head of the temple was still skeptical of the spirit's claims - but knew he couldn't just brush them aside, unfortunately. That said, however, how was he to do that? He was no mage - he was just a monk. And if something related to the War was why his brother and father had died, what chance did he have? He was not nearly as skilled in combat, despite what he had learned from the temple - and could not clear his mind as well as he would like.

His eyes opened as he stood, frowning.

...something was coming.

Something...

"Oof!"

...whistled through the air and slammed into his chest, knocking him to the floor with a grunt of pain.

'What the...?'

Whatever it was had fallen with him, so he reached out and grabbed it as...

"TEMPORARY MASTER RECOGNIZED," an electronic voice stated. "KALEIDOSTICK, ACTIVATE."

'What on...?'

Compact Open. Prism Trance, Initiating.

Prism Trance – the ultimate ability of the Kaleidostick, the sentient wand crafted by Kishua Zelretch Schweinorg, the master of alternate possibilities. When activated, this powerful artifact transferred knowledge from an alternate version of its user into its current wielder, in addition to providing him or her access to the mana of infinite worlds. Truly, a masterful device, one capable of turning the tide of any battle…

"A new master, and one so rife with contradictions? Interesting…I think I have the just the perfect thing," the wand chattered away, as if what was going on outside was of no relevance. "Transformation sequence, fully powered alternate, even theme music. Let's go!"
    Prismatic light burst forth, as the device kept talking.

"Wh-what is--"

But there was no chance to interrupt, no chance to stop what was coming as theme music blared - Credens Justitiam, oddly enough.

"Its Henshin Time!"

"No, stop! I--"

Issei's objection was cut off as the entire bounded area was bathed in a flare of rainbow colored light, too brilliant to look directly at, veiling his form as his current clothes fell to the ground - replaced by the armament of...

"Kamen Rider KaleidoRuby Mirage! Meet the fist of Justice!"

...something else entirely.

The night was pretty much shot, as the new "Kamen Rider" with his ruby battle staff hurtled into the night, seeking to thwart the evil schemes of his Arch-Nemesis, the Master of Worms.
    Last edited by alfheimwanderer; July 27th, 2014 at 11:00 PM.

Issei and Caster
    Issei Ryuudou's Cell

Ryuudou Temple
    January, 16 2007

I winced, feeling the pain as though it was my own body that had been hit. A Kaleidostick. What in the name of all that is holy was a Kaleidostick doing in the Ryuudou temple? Not only that, but what was it doing with Issei? I sighed, glad that some of the knowledge on Type-Moon stuff I had maintained was related to Kaleidostick's. An oddly specific category, which made me suspect that there might be more to my being here than I was aware of. Whatever was going on, I needed to be prepared for the aftermath. As brightly colored lights flashed through the air, I wished desperately that I could close the windows. We'd be lucky if every supernatural being in Fuyuki didn't show up at the temple, let alone the simple but still real concern of the other monks waking up. I hoped Issei was secretly a big Kamen Rider fan, because I wasn't sure how I'd be able to come up with an excuse for this.

As KaleidoRuby Mirage leaped out of the cell, I started thinking as quickly as I could. I wasn't sure what the Kaleidostick was doing here, or if it was sent for a positive reason even. The Master of Worms that flashed into my mind could only be one individual, but I had no idea what he would be doing with Issei or a Kaleidostick. The connection seemed entirely random. But... with a Kaleidostick, it was quite possible that I could manage to get things to go the way I needed them to. "Er, KaleidoRuby Mirage, great hero of justice. I have news of a potential ally in your fight against the forces of evil. It will be a dangerous quest, but only you, with the power at your command, can save them. And if you don't act now, then the evil Master of Worms will get to them first, and kill them. Please, KaleidoRuby Mirage, lend me your aid and help me in my goal to save one of pure heart!" It was a long shot, but I passed the information of where he would need to go. It wouldn't take long to get there if KaleidoRuby Mirage aided me, and I could only hope he would. Mt. Fuji was far away enough that it would still be a decent journey even with a Kaleidostick. But with the chance to help aid the innocent, and to strike a blow against the forces of evil... surely a great hero of justice wouldn't pass up the opportunity.

Blog Entries
    [Quarantine Zone]
    January 16, 2007 AD

'Hey Ayaka, After the war is over let's go do something fun!' I spun around trimming the hedges of one my sculptures a B-17 Flying Fortress manned by penguins.

Why Penguins? Because why not penguins! Penguins are awesome!

"Perhaps we shall..." My partner in crime said hesitantly eyeing my creation with confusion before resting by leaning on a nearby tree giving a shrug at my latest antics despite me morphing her shrubbery into works of art. "What do you have in mind?"

"Boys of coarse!" I said rolling my eyes before looking at her with mad glee as I wiggle my eyebrows. "We go out and celebrate by finding you a boyfriend."

Ayaka paused stared at me for a moment before rubbing the bridge of her nose and sighing. "We talked about this..."

"And?" I responded taking a pause from my epic gardening to look at her. "So what? You are Sajyou Ayaka, high school student, witch, and talker of madden spirits! Also winner if not survivor of the Holy Grail War."

"It's too soon to te-"

"Ah, ah, ah!" I interrupted her before she said anymore. "Nobody likes a downer, except the type that are usually really appreciative and through lovers."

Ah, Her brow is twitching haha she is still weak against that I still got it!

Uh oh, she is still weak against that better continue.

"Wa-Wait, I do have a point, a agenda, a purpose." I puffed up my chest and brought my arms wide. "That you as of right now, are a survivor and since you are, can have a plan to after the war."

"...."

"You despite being a witch and a mage and are in a war against forces even your sister had trouble with." I said noting the slight flinch when I mentioned her sister. "But you are still young, you can act stupid, you can fall in love freely and fully. This war is only one small moment in your life, a moment you can surpass and with that be Sajyou Ayaka that can handle and take on anything that comes her way, not the one hiding chasing after shadows thinking very lowly of herself."

I make a series of exaggerated and crazed movements that will kind of break this serious moment but she takes it all in stride. "Because I believe you can do it, all you need to do is take that first step to plan for the future and run with it!."

"...While some parts of your speech sound rather corny and ridiculous." Ayaka sighed as she pushes her glasses upwards. "I can see your intentions are well placed and we'll see what we can do after the war."

"Seriously!"

"Yes."

"Promise!."

"I promise."

"Alright." I have a loud cheer and I danced in place. "Now all we need to do is find someone you can suck fac-I mean a proper gentleman who will properly court you and will though the right stages and time together will consummate a relationship."

"...."

"...."

"..."

"....Did it work?" I asked weakly hoping my words and more even worse correction wouldn't anger her.

"....Summon." She mumbles the light reflecting off her glasses gave off a ominous gleam form the earth my enemy and one of my many fears here come to life.

"no...,nononoon, Not the gnomes, not the gnomes!" I yelled as I climbed on top of my B-17 to avoid my would be attackers despite my fear of immanent chomping, I can't help but smile at the future the witch will take now.

----

"Nonononononon!" I chanted these words for the umpteenth I felt my head split open, my body snapping, melting, burning as I roared in pain. This place, this entity is something that I have not seen before in any mind.

Yet, the funny part is my body puts itself back again and restarts the process.

The voices inflicting my mind are not too much of note, for I experienced worse in my time as possessor and guides of others.

"but you never finished always floundering about...."

But my mind was long gone, reality slipped away for when I first met my first companion.

....Also my sisters were much better at messing with my head.

However, it was the physical pain that is breaking me down. The painful regeneration refusing to let me just slip away.

"....Why?" I muttered recalling that promise that was only a couple of days ago.

"Why?" Just when the goal was within reach.

Why?Why?Why?Why?Why?Why?Why?Why?Why?Why?Why?Why?Wh y?Why?Why?Why?Why?Why?Why?Why?Why?Why?Why?Why?Why? Why?Why?Why?Why?Why?Why?Why?Why?Why?Why?Why?Why?Wh y?Why?Why?Why?Why?Why?Why?Why?Why?Why?Why?Why?Why? Why?Why?Why?Why?Why?Why?Why?Why?Why?Why?Why?Why?Wh y?Why?Why?Why?Why?Why?Why?Why?Why?Why?Why?Why?Why? Why?Why?Why?Why?Why?Why?Why?Why?Why?Why?Why?Why?Wh y?Why?Why?Why?Why?Why?Why?Why?Why?

"WHY? WHAT DID I DO? I ONLY WANTED TO HELP!"

My questions and pleads echoed within the madness.

Teasing the Penguin God!

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Mountaintop Graveyard
    Kyoto, Japan
    January 16, 2007

"...Fuyuki?" the young necromantress in training whispered, swallowing as visions of fire came to her mind. Yes...yes, she remembered it. The city of a thousand sins. The place where the Witch rose, using the Beast of Chaos as her weapon, where the darkness threatened to consume all life, until the sacrifice of a life had sealed it. That ritual of wishes, power granted for a price. The contest in which her sister had vanished, holding back the power of the Witch with will alone as others fought the Beast.

...the trial from which Akemi Homura had not returned.

And now her best friend wanted to go, seeing the same thing. She'd suspected Seo Akira was not quite normal for a long time, but only now did she understand why she had become so close to her. Because she had the gift of foresight, and acted very much like....

'...Homura-nee-chan....'

...she was going to go, and leave Akemi Yamase all alone.

Her grip tightened on her tome - the aptly titled Book of the Dead, with a cover she suspected was human skin but had not asked about. There was indeed a section on the power of names and divination, one that would useful to her, as she did command lesser spirits, and now had a bound familiar she could use...

"Akira-chan...."

She almost seemed to shrink in on herself before plucking up the confidence to reply.

"Ok, let's go home."

Somewhere in Georgia

After the many years of training from the Organization, Kuzuki Souchirou was more machine than man, a being who lacked purpose and largely responded to the will of others. For years he had been honed as a disposable instrument of death, meant to slay one person and then self-terminate - but he lacked the will to even do that much, so after striking down his mark, he had simply continued in his role as a teacher, teaching ethics of all things.

He had thought it would be an ordinary life, but things had proven otherwise, given the feats of the Blind Archer, the purple-haired Matou, and a few others. Indeed, he recognized in the Blind Archer another who was more machine than man, empty enough to read the nuances of the world simply by walking within it. That one had not been trained by the Organization, so why...?

Odd things were amuck in Fuyuki. The disappearances of children a decade ago, the destruction of the business district by an odd fire, and more - for those who could truly See, these events were more than just random happenings and twisted tidings. And with the murder of the two leaders of the Ryuudou temple, or rather, the disappearance of one and the discovery of the half-melted corpse of the other, Kuzuki knew something was terribly wrong.

But what?

He hadn't known until a voice spoke to him, speaking of magecraft and the Holy Grail War - of catalysts, summonings, and other lives. Even a life where he was once "engaged" and lived at the temple, something that was unimaginable to him at present.

So, on the urging of Fujimura Taiga, who had been making suggestions that he take a break, he had gone on vacation to Georgia, a quaint little country on the Russian border. For the moment, things were...not in full-blown war, but he could sense the tensions even so.

'I am told that old Clochis was here'

He had awoken with an artifact of sorts that would bind to things of spirit, but now...he didn't know.

He drove off into the distance, towards the area where Clochis had once been - towards the sea, and destiny.

[Desert Simulation]

Sajyou Ayaka listened to the screams of the intruder dispassionately, scanning both his surface thoughts as well as the words he spoke. It was interesting how he had apparently encountered a different version of herself - and of Ryuudou Issei in the past. Quite possibly, he was related to the Second Magician then, or had been flung through dimensions by a similar force.

...which didn't mean she would stop with the torture immediately. Prolonged exposure to the curses of all mankind was an interesting way to provoke honesty, whether it was by evoking guilt - or by melting and reforming the body over and over. Healed and broken, healed and broken, over and over until secrets could be harvested.

That was the training of Atlas - to turn weakness into strength.

A part of her wanted to show a measure of mercy and cease the torture, but she could not, lest she be unaware if the person's thoughts and words were truth or lies that had yet to be broken through. A day and more perhaps, and then she would transfer him to another area, where this soul could serve as an autonomous partition.

Nameless Phantasm
    Matou Sakura's Mindscape
    January 16th, 2007. 11:11 P

Matou Sakura was a bit troubled by the new voice in her head. She rather thought she heard enough odd voices and felt enough odd urges - certainly her libido had been much higher than usual this last year, and she'd been more bloodthirsty, but she had attributed that to the demands of puberty and her magecraft training. Prana deprivation tended to materialize as lust for her, which she had to relieve one way or another. Usually it meant sucking the prana out of a large number of individuals,, which is why she was so grateful for her brother's efforts in the drama club, since he always gathered large audiences together, all the better to drain.

Tonight, she was scheduled to meet with her grandfather about a catalyst to summon a Servant in the Holy Grail War, and so had simply been brewing some potions ahead of time. Prana potions, potions of enforced truth, deadly poisons - that was one of the things water allowed her to make better than any others. Yes, most magi preferred direct confrontation and shows of force - but while she was in every way equal to her erstwhile sister, she also had other talents. Talents to induce emotions, to control, to support - to seduce. Now, all she needed to do was to get Emiya Shirou to drink of one or two of these and he would be enthralled - probably. He was a magus himself, and very good with self-reinforcement, so it was hard to say what he could resist.
    So part of her had whispered, the part that made her strong, and she listened.

Recently, a new voice had begun to whisper and bungle about, so she'd grown curious and retreated into the dreamscape momentarily to see what was happening, only to find a stranger.

...it was, admittedly the first time one blundered about like this though. Usually they didn't have quite so much...personality.

"I do not know, Voice-san. This is my mind, the mind of the heiress to the Matou."

She could sense that this was a spirit in a sense, one linked to her, but that wasn't too unusual - just the fact she didn't know about it until now.

"I will ask Grandfather. Perhaps this is the working of the pieces of Grail inside me again."

Above Ryuudou Temple
    January, 16 2007

Hovering in the air, Kamen Rider KaleidoRuby Mirage (an alternate universe version of Ryuudou Issei) assessed the situation assessed the situation with his suit's internal scanners.

> Ley lines stable. Energy concentration detected under Temple.
    > Cross-referencing with Location - Fuyuki
    > Analysis suggests impending Great Ritual

That was disconcerting, as Issei himself had had no knowledge of thaumaturgical constructs under the temple. Oh, he knew there was a barrier, and that blood spilled could strengthen it, but he didn't know the why of it. The spirit had rambled on about a War - and he suspected that was true after seeing these readings for himself.

His alterego's instincts told him that the Master of Worms, he who served the Lady of Shadows, the Cursed Queen of Phantasmal Beasts, was not nearby, but that other presences were coming - and quickly.

> Transformation has been detected. Threat level increase to level 2.
    > Unable to connect to Rider Network, utilizing local resources

He was about to explore and examine what changes had occurred when the spirit spoke again, telling him to head to Mt. Fuji, where an ally might be found.

That was...far, but, if stealth was not a concern.

> Mode Shift: Mirage Emperor

He shifted forms, wings mounting on his back, suit growing protrusions and control surfaces to be more aerodynamic as he went hypersonic, a shield protecting him from the hot air and crush of sound below. The spirit had a point, after all. Allies would be necessary in the quest for Justice.

Lluviagelita Edelfelt's Mindscape
    January 16th, 2007, 11:12PM

Luviagelita Edelfelt, the heiress to the mighty Edelfelt clan, was rather troubled by the encounter she had had. She prided herself on being a prodigy, on being an elegant hyena of the battlefield, but even a hyena could not challenge something like a tyrannosaur. At least, that was how she felt knowing about the outcome of the Fourth War, where many better trained and better equipped magi had perished. At least there was no Sajyou in this war, no Witch of Calamity. There was a person who had a similar name to the heiress, but it was well known, reported by Sola-Ui Nuada-Re Sophia-Ri of Atlas herself, that the Sajyous had perished - which was good, as otherwise they would have been a terrible threat.

She knew she was not yet strong enough to stand on that battlefield alone, which was why she had attempted to hire the Enforcer the Association had dispatched as a representative. Luvia huffed slightly - it wouldn't have been a big favor to ask, really. All she needed was for Bazett Fraga McRemitz to bring her the body of the Tohsaka scion, should the latter fall in battle. Not exactly difficult when the easiest way to defeat a Servant was to kill the Master, yet the other had not replied to her communications.

How...troublesome.

Going to Fuyuki had not been in her plans, and going with a Servant - that was likely suicidal. It was highly likely that the Enforcer would kill her in that case, as a fellow Master was merely a rival for the Grail. Indeed, one could not summon a Servant without some kind of connection or wish, some kind of distortion that a hero could bind with.

The being that had contacted her through her mind was perhaps more disturbing, as it meant he had bypassed any protections she had. Even more, he had asked her to go to Iraq, to find a catalyst for a Queen of Assassins, when she thought the Grail only allowed the summoning of Hassan-i-Sabbah as Assassin. The bumbling American occupation left much to be desired. It was a dangerous place these days, and even if it were not for terrorists and insurgents, the Middle East Association was rather unhappy with foreign magi.

True, being a practitioner of cursecraft, she was usually given wary respect by non-Association magi, but recent events did mean that such traditional things did not matter. No one would blame the Middle East Association were she to go missing in a warzone, after all...
    Last edited by alfheimwanderer; July 31st, 2014 at 06:44 AM.

Caster and Issei
    Outskirts of the Aokigahara Forest
    June 16th, 2007

I watched as terrain flew by. I wasn't sure how fast we were going, but it seemed like we would be there in next to no time at all. I thought about my options carefully, wanting to make sure I didn't make any mistakes. What I knew was that, somewhere within the forest, was a catalyst for a Servant. Catalysts were required in order to ensure summoning of the proper Servant. A catalyst was something that was strongly tied to a Servant, and the closer to the Servant the catalyst was, the better able you were to guarantee that you would summon that Servant. I also knew that the Aokigahara Forest was made my the figure I wanted. It seemed hard to imagine that they would do that, but there must have been a reason for it. Perhaps to keep people away from secrets not meant for mortal hands, perhaps some other reason. Either way, I knew what I'd have to do. The idea was probably a bit of a longshot, but at the same time if it worked I'd save myself a lot of difficulty.

"Oh honorable KaleidoRuby Mirage, I have something else I need you to know. I know that you have traveled far, but in order to let our friend know about us, we need to perform a ritual. It is not a very difficult ritual, and thankfully I know all that you'll need to say and do. You'll just need to direct your "weapon" to perform the magic circle. I'll help guide you in making the specifications as well as I can."
    It was not a very difficult ritual, I wasn't lying about that. But the catalyst might make things difficult. But if he used the special form he had, there shouldn't be any issues. Magic was ultimately something that was very tied to a person. Even smaller, low-key magic was still unique to a person, and something as impressive as the Aokigahara Forest, which could be said to be an impressive bounded field all on it's own? It should work very well as a catalyst. If it didn't, they wouldn't be any worse off than before. If it did, then they would be able to save time. If it didn't though... I still had some ideas on how to weaken the forest. Kamen Rider wasn't something I was familiar with very much, but collection spells he knew decently well. I just hoped it wouldn't come to that.