Page 448 of 568 FirstFirst ... 348398438443446447448449450453458498548 ... LastLast
Results 8,941 to 8,960 of 11348

Thread: Heaven's Feel Movies

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Those earlier blast arent dense fog, they look like proper lightbeam

Theyre definitely bigger than alter's usual darkness bitchslap.

Excalipointer doesnt need true name release to do exxalibur partial release.

Im not convinced
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Those earlier blast arent dense fog, they look like proper lightbeam

Theyre definitely bigger than alter's usual darkness bitchslap.

Excalipointer doesnt need true name release to do exxalibur partial release.
    It was not a beam, it was still a dark magical energy cloaking the sword, and she cut with it, not fired it. Real Excaliblast was still bigger as a contrast for earlier attacks to make that a point. I think.

Im not convinced
    We can still wait for Blu-ray booklet to confirm/clarify things
    Last edited by Day; April 6th, 2019 at 07:18 AM.

Blog Entries
    What no

Those were small scale.beams that razed the ground, not just something cloaking the sword. It burst herc and stuffs behind herc. She totes fire several rounds of it.

Yes its smaller than real excaliblast but thats why i said its a partial release of excaliblast. Like excalipointer.

- - - Updated - - -

But ok i suppose should wait for booklet

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It is also underestimated the area they were covering for that encounter. The forest is huge, being a 3 hour trip on foot iirc, and they were razing quite a bit more than the original scene told us, where the final strike was supposed to have a deep gash that looked like it cleaved the earth, and miasma like energy is supposed to stay in the area.

Blog Entries
    What no

Those were small scale.beams that razed the ground, not just something cloaking the sword. It burst herc and stuffs behind herc. She totes fire several rounds of it.
    And what did she used to neatly cut Herc arms?

Yes its smaller than real excaliblast but thats why i said its a partial release of excaliblast. Like excalipointer.
    What exactly are you referring? What is excalipointer? The attack that finished Berserker in UBW ep 03 and defended Shirou against Gilgamesh in UBW ep 24? Like Invisible Air + Mana Burst + Excalibur? That's Miura own flashy cinematic thing. Miniexcaliblast as I call it. But I thought that Saber needs Invisible Air and Mana Burst to do it (my own stupid way of thinking).

Yes, Miura did Alter vs Berserker, but without IA you need something to compensate. And this compensation is massive Mana Burs of Saber Alter, I think.

- - - Updated - - -

But ok i suppose should wait for booklet
    Yeap. Will be funny if all we get out of it would be - "we thought it would be cool and we did it!"
    Last edited by Day; April 6th, 2019 at 07:57 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Day View Post
    And what did she used to neatly cut Herc arms?
    i can see that one being regular vortigern bitch slap but the subsequent dark blasts charred zerk in his entirety. plus did some landscaping of their own.
    personally i genuinely cannot see those as just maryoku burst

IA and maryoku burst managed to pierce only herc's hand
    the excalipointer (miniexcaliblast) was its own separate thing that pop herc's third bod after herc grabbed her sword

Yeap. Will be funny if all we get out of it would be - "we thought it would be cool and we did it!"
    sounds like a realistic answer!
    Last edited by castor212; April 6th, 2019 at 08:23 AM.

Blog Entries
    personally i genuinely cannot see those as just maryoku burst
    That's fair.

the excalipointer (miniexcaliblast) was its own separate thing that pop herc's third bod after herc grabbed her sword
    Every time Saber use Excaliblast she decloaks sword first, charages it, then fires it.

Visualy Miura's Miniexacliblast works differently - it fires while it decloaks IA, so blast of reliased Strike Air somewhat points or influences the direction of the shot, because it not that strong due not being charged beforehand.

sounds like a realistic answer!
    God, I hope not! But it will be definitly interesting to read. Or to ask someone how read it

Tfw still waiting for any indication of a UK release. If Presage Flower is any indication, we won't even get a single cinema screening until next year.

Watched through the camrip (did it with PF, then got the BD, hopefully I can do that this time too), and think it was significantly better than the first film honestly. Whilst Presage Flower started off strong with its characterisation and fell off in the middle and end, Lost Butterfly had the completely opposite issue. The beginning felt a bit too fast paced up until Shirou finds Sakura after she runs from the church, and it goes from stride to stride after that. the tone was amazingly handled too, especially in the Wonderland scene.

My only real gripe is that we needed at least two more scenes with Illya. One before Shirou's talk with her when he chooses Sakura to properly cement exactly why Illya chooses to support him (all we got was them bonding a little bit) and the Die Lorelei scene. Given how Sudou seems to use the next movie to flashback and flesh out certain scenes from the previous film though, I have a feeling he'll use the Die Lorelei scene during the ending to be the thing that helps Shirou remember Illya's name for extra feels, or he'll at the very least use the music. I think because Kirei had such a focus in Zero, that Sudou can actually get away a bit with cutting some of his scenes, because to the vast majority of viewers we already know he's a villain. His motivations need explaining, but I have faith he can do that well in movie 3.

Compared to every other adaptation, seeing Shirou portrayed so well in both of these films sends me into a bit of a shock because of how well Sudou manages to portray him with so little dumps. He even snuck in Mind of Steel fanservice. Watching Shirou break down and actually in tears hit me a lot harder than I expected. The action also was significantly better here than in the first film. I always found that Miura's penchant for constantly moving the camera and focusing on effects hurt much more of the fights than helped. It makes sense when you think about the Servants in terms of pure ability, but when coupled with how Nasu wrote a lot of the fights it feels a bit off. Sudou fell into this hole a bit with Herc v Salter, but it was so excellently directed that even when it felt a bit indulgent I was far more engaged than I was for 95% of Miura's fights.

If there's one stand out role in the film it's undoubtedly Archer. His fights were my absolute favourite, his lines and general actions were amazing and he's the peak of the forest scene. Even small things like him yeeting Shirou and gently plopping Illya down.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJerminator15 View Post
    The action also was significantly better here than in the first film. I always found that Miura's penchant for constantly moving the camera and focusing on effects hurt much more of the fights than helped. It makes sense when you think about the Servants in terms of pure ability, but when coupled with how Nasu wrote a lot of the fights it feels a bit off. Sudou fell into this hole a bit with Herc v Salter, but it was so excellently directed that even when it felt a bit indulgent I was far more engaged than I was for 95% of Miura's fights.
    Herc VS Saber Alter was Miura. Source: Shitaya on FGO radio.

https://youtu.be/W3KYx1WDqBw Raylen Cypher's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Ask in PM.
    Blog Entries
    Here's the link if they can't find it:
    https://youtu.be/w32xbknStJM
    Quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Prix of Heroes
    A world where tragedy is the only measure by which a narrative holds value is not one I am going to live in even where the circumstances in a particular work are tragic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow
    If an adult themed work can have graphic slaughter and the like, it can have sex. Just do it competently if you want to go explicit.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    How dare you she's a married woman
    Quote Originally Posted by savepoints View Post
    No but why ask him to pull out right before the end tbh
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    God is dead and I'm gonna kiss all his cute girl saints
    MAMA BURST
    A Writer's Fate
    F/GO JP (Updated: 4/11/2019)

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Tfw still waiting for any indication of a UK release. If Presage Flower is any indication, we won't even get a single cinema screening until next year.

Watched through the camrip (did it with PF, then got the BD, hopefully I can do that this time too), and think it was significantly better than the first film honestly. Whilst Presage Flower started off strong with its characterisation and fell off in the middle and end, Lost Butterfly had the completely opposite issue. The beginning felt a bit too fast paced up until Shirou finds Sakura after she runs from the church, and it goes from stride to stride after that. the tone was amazingly handled too, especially in the Wonderland scene.

My only real gripe is that we needed at least two more scenes with Illya. One before Shirou's talk with her when he chooses Sakura to properly cement exactly why Illya chooses to support him (all we got was them bonding a little bit) and the Die Lorelei scene. Given how Sudou seems to use the next movie to flashback and flesh out certain scenes from the previous film though, I have a feeling he'll use the Die Lorelei scene during the ending to be the thing that helps Shirou remember Illya's name for extra feels, or he'll at the very least use the music. I think because Kirei had such a focus in Zero, that Sudou can actually get away a bit with cutting some of his scenes, because to the vast majority of viewers we already know he's a villain. His motivations need explaining, but I have faith he can do that well in movie 3.

Compared to every other adaptation, seeing Shirou portrayed so well in both of these films sends me into a bit of a shock because of how well Sudou manages to portray him with so little dumps. He even snuck in Mind of Steel fanservice. Watching Shirou break down and actually in tears hit me a lot harder than I expected. The action also was significantly better here than in the first film. I always found that Miura's penchant for constantly moving the camera and focusing on effects hurt much more of the fights than helped. It makes sense when you think about the Servants in terms of pure ability, but when coupled with how Nasu wrote a lot of the fights it feels a bit off. Sudou fell into this hole a bit with Herc v Salter, but it was so excellently directed that even when it felt a bit indulgent I was far more engaged than I was for 95% of Miura's fights.

If there's one stand out role in the film it's undoubtedly Archer. His fights were my absolute favourite, his lines and general actions were amazing and he's the peak of the forest scene. Even small things like him yeeting Shirou and gently plopping Illya down.
    what? Next year? You better wait for the BD seriously
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    Herc VS Saber Alter was Miura. Source: Shitaya on FGO radio.
    That explains why that was the only fight I found issues with then tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Rebellion13 View Post
    what? Next year? You better wait for the BD seriously
    Yeah, the only screening I even found of HF 1 was at an animation festival last October with only like 2 showings. It's really weird because our home releases jump between great and awful but when it comes to films we generally get zilch unless its a huge property. I wouldn't even mind but we've only gotten a UK BD announcement for HF 1 this March. We don't even have FGO in the region.
    Last edited by TheJerminator15; April 7th, 2019 at 08:50 AM.

US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Waaww That's a pretty hard access
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    JP Friend Code
    That explains why that was the only fight I found issues with then tbh.
    He also handled the other fights.

US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    He found issues with CAM surely
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

I mean even without the Camrip quality, the fight still feels kind of out of place compared to the tone and execution of the rest of the movie. Then again, it's fairly obvious why it's there since I'm sure there's a chunk of the audience these days that by default, expects at least one bombastic fight scene in any and every works with the Fate name slapped on it.

Pretty much everyone I know save for myself and one other is in Fate for the fights, so they're not wrong in playing to that audience. As impressive as the fight itself was, I had issues with its placement and how it fucked with the pacing and tone for all scenes surrounding it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    tfw no Fate/One
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    How do I get into type moon.

watch prisma illya. If your amused or aroused, keep going.

if you are disconcerted or want to call the FBI, run away
    Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    Curse those 15 year old girls *shakes fist angrily*

Surpass her level, if you dare. hayate's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Raylen Cypher View Post
    Here's the link if they can't find it:
    https://youtu.be/w32xbknStJM
    Thanks for the link.

Dang, I hope we can get subs on these episodes. They're really informative. I only understood little of it with my poor Nihon - go comprehension. -.-
    Not dealing with it...

Why even try?

This is golden...
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    Lol Ishtarin went full Aqua
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    I've seen people in this forum spend the GDP of a third world country into Grand Order
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Yeah, there's a saying that you should strive for perfection knowing full well you won't achieve it. Saber looked at it and said "Hold my Beer"
    And then all her friends resented her for it.

It's more as Garland said. I just don't think the Alter v Herc fight fit well with the rest of the film. It was a great fight from a technical standpoint, but it felt more and more over-indulgent as the fight continued imo. Compare it to the Archer v Assassin/Shadow mini fight peppered between and after and there's a clear tonal difference between that and the huge amount of explosion and light effects in the Herc fight. I still enjoyed it for the most part, but it felt like the Lancer fight in Presage Flower felt, sort of out place tonally and belonged more in the UBW anime.

The Archer fight is imo the peak of UFOTable's Stay Night fights at the moment. It emphasises how superpowered the Servants are, but also focused on how the fighters technical skill mattered over constant camera movement and flashy fights. It had flash, but it was mainly relegated to Archer's final stand against the shadow, where it fit.

Surpass her level, if you dare. hayate's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It's more as Garland said. I just don't think the Alter v Herc fight fit well with the rest of the film. It was a great fight from a technical standpoint, but it felt more and more over-indulgent as the fight continued imo. Compare it to the Archer v Assassin/Shadow mini fight peppered between and after and there's a clear tonal difference between that and the huge amount of explosion and light effects in the Herc fight. I still enjoyed it for the most part, but it felt like the Lancer fight in Presage Flower felt, sort of out place tonally and belonged more in the UBW anime.

The Archer fight is imo the peak of UFOTable's Stay Night fights at the moment. It emphasises how superpowered the Servants are, but also focused on how the fighters technical skill mattered over constant camera movement and flashy fights. It had flash, but it was mainly relegated to Archer's final stand against the shadow, where it fit.
    I think they thought that having Servants die left and right immediately for some reason without getting any spotlight just like the original VN would kill their interest in Heaven's Feel.

On Alter vs Berserker fight, we get to see what the characters did not see: How Berserker protected his Master, and how his 12 lives did not do jack against mana filled to the brim Saber. In the original VN, we only saw Berserker saying "Run" to his Master before being swallowed by the shadow and Illya left alone until the other characters showed up.
    Not dealing with it...

Why even try?

This is golden...
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    Lol Ishtarin went full Aqua
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    I've seen people in this forum spend the GDP of a third world country into Grand Order
    Yeah, there's a saying that you should strive for perfection knowing full well you won't achieve it. Saber looked at it and said "Hold my Beer"
    And then all her friends resented her for it.