Page 479 of 568 FirstFirst ... 379429469474477478479480481484489529 ... LastLast
Results 9,561 to 9,580 of 11348

Thread: Heaven's Feel Movies

Quote Originally Posted by yokushi View Post
    In the Q&A they ask Nasu if Rin and Illya knew about Sakura's connection to the shadow, and the idea is that Rin had a hunch and Illya knew but she just felt pity for Sakura.
    And yet Rin didn't do anything about it when she had this "hunch" and neither did Illya do anything when she knew. What a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Inuhanyou View Post
    That doesnt make sense if the 'core demographic' likes explosions over talky bits. that's like one of the biggest talky bits of HF right there, but it contains the whole point of the war and even sets up HA.

I guess omitting Angra's backstory and just saying "the einzberns wanted the third magic, and the magical death war for a wish from the swirl of magical energy was just a fake advert to get 6 other pawns to come summon servants and die to complete the project" would suffice
    In spite of the length of the movie, I hope they'll keep the talk about Angra Mainyu pretty much as-is. It feels longer because it's a novel, but it should translate into animation a little bit quicker. It's such an integral part of the route that I can't see it being removed. Regarding a lot of the infodumps being cut down, in spite of this, I can't remember an instance of something incredibly important being removed (relating to infodumps, I mean. Of course there is the issue of certain characters not receiving enough development.) I feel like the movies (mostly Lost Butterfly) have streamlined the infodumps, basically cutting them down to their most essential parts, covering most of what is needed (e.g. explaining the crest worms, Zouken's wish (was glossed over, but was still there in some capacity,) Archer's arm (that should have been explained better, though,) etc.) The movies can be very flashy in terms of fight scenes and all, but the focus on the relationships between the characters seems to be the main focus of them so far IMO, sometimes with the consequence of certain lore not being included in the movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Gyrad1 View Post
    And yet Rin didn't do anything about it when she had this "hunch" and neither did Illya do anything when she knew. What a joke.
    What could they do OP? What could they do? Tell me. I mean, I think else could have done something.
    Last edited by Laserman; August 24th, 2019 at 11:50 PM.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Rin because being Rin probably doesn't want to believe that hunch and Illya because Shirou would be sad and feels sympathetic to Sakura. It's perfectly in character for both.

everyone was trying to deny the obvious because they didnt want things to change or admit reality. Even Rin who proclaimed otherwise. That's precisely the point of the meal scene, where Sakura made a huge dinner, and everyone ignored her despite her having the symptoms of severe Alzheimers...that scene was very true to life, when someone you care about is old and ailing but they want to carry on doing things they used to, and you yourself are afraid to admit they are breaking down

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by warellis View Post
    Honestly, I kind of wish we had gotten to see a small bit of Shirou & Shinji's old friendship, like what was hinted at in that photo album Taiga had. Before he turned into the insane guy we meet during the Grail War.

I know the movie had him crying as he was about to rape Sakura (I guess it was to make him more crazy looking?) but I still sort of feel even the little flashback we got in HF here in the VN would've been useful at showing viewers he hadn't always been Cowardly, Smug McRapeface.Probably because they wanted at least a kiss, like in the original VN before the crappy sex scene started.
    There was a small bit of this in Presage Flower where Shinji gets Shirou to clean in his place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by yokushi View Post
    Rin because being Rin probably doesn't want to believe that hunch and Illya because Shirou would be sad and feels sympathetic to Sakura. It's perfectly in character for both.
    I think the more pressing point beyond just Sakura with Ilya was brought up or should be mentioned in the 3rd film, how she is wavering on her role as the lesser grail. If the problems they have stem from the grail system, destroynthe system should be the obvious conclusion, but as we see in the VN, Ilya hesitates on what she wants to do, between being with Shirou or performing her role.

It's more likely Zouken was baiting Shirou into doing something stupid so that when the fallout inevitably happened, whether it was having her beloved try to kill her, her own Servant kill bae, or the Shadow eats him in the attempt, she'd break.
    His plan is to, however he has to do it, cause her mental barrier to weaken, her personality and self to die, so he can eat her brain and take her body. So however that occurs he is cool with. See how he doesn't bother to stop Kirei from taking the familiars out of her, just letting her do whatever, he is playing the long troll.
    Sure, he probably hopes she mentally shuts down from Shirou betraying her, but he probably knows she will let him do it, so he hopes something will push her into just flatlining so he can just eat her brain. So he doesn't care how it gets done, just that it gets done.
    Last edited by Altima of the Gates; August 25th, 2019 at 01:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    There was a small bit of this in Presage Flower where Shinji gets Shirou to clean in his place.
    Why did Shinji bait Shirou into doing that? But then he gets angry at him for saying he will clean the Archery dojo. I still struggle to understand that scene even on a second rewatch.

There was also another scene I was confused about, it's when Shirou tells Shinji that he injured his arm at work so he had to quit the Archery club and Shinji gets mad. Shouldn't this benefit Shinji that Shirou isn't doing Archery anymore? Shinji always disliked that Shirou was better than himself at Archery.

Why did Shinji bait Shirou into doing that? But then he gets angry at him for saying he will clean the Archery dojo. I still struggle to understand that scene even on a second rewatch.
    Shinji wants to piss off Shirou and get a rise out of him. He's mad because Shirou doesn't react the way a normal human being should. Notice how, later in the movie, he's happy when he finally learns how to piss off Shirou: screw with Sakura.

There was also another scene I was confused about, it's when Shirou tells Shinji that he injured his arm at work so he had to quit the Archery club and Shinji gets mad. Shouldn't this benefit Shinji that Shirou isn't doing Archery anymore? Shinji always disliked that Shirou was better than himself at Archery.
    Shinji's annoyed that Shirou abandoned the club the two of them are in together; he interpreted it as Shirou not caring enough about his friendship to stay with the club his friend is in. Though he takes it too personally, he has a bit of a point. Wouldn't it make more sense, once you get a horrible injury at your job, to quit your job rather than quit a club you actually enjoy? Shirou, of course, doesn't value his own enjoyment very much. Shinji likes Shirou, and at the same time is frustrated that he doesn't act like a regular person should. Thus Sakura's line about how he likes the people he dislikes.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    TLDR: Shinji is Tsundere as Fuck for Shirou and mad that he ditched him for that damn hoe Sakura.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code

Because Shinji likes Shirou, and he is his closest male friend. Remember, he likes the people he dislikes. He is frustrated because Shirou has talents that he does not use. He wants him to react as a human being with selfish desires instead of a perfectly selfless helping-others machine. You can almost hearing him, when he asks him to clean the dojo: "Come on, be pissed off. I just made you a completely unreasonable request after I insulted you. Anybody would get mad."

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    he likes the people he dislikes.
    Can someone explain to me what this means?

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Can someone explain to me what this means?
    He makes close friends with people with a character he founds unlikeable. It also shows that Shinji is a frustrated, contradictory person that wants things he can not have and pretends to be a person he is not.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Cutting out Angra info dump from the third movie would be dumb and there's no way in hell Sudou will do that.

And if they do do that, I'll drag these movies down to dirt :P Even though I really love the first two (so far)

So as i pray... Unlimited Bug Works! Kariya's Avatar
    At the begining of the movie, when Shirou it's dreaming about Saber loss and the shadow eats him, you can see a Shirou "mark" in the snow, what it's the meaning of that?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by remirror View Post
    Shinji's annoyed that Shirou abandoned the club the two of them are in together; he interpreted it as Shirou not caring enough about his friendship to stay with the club his friend is in. Though he takes it too personally, he has a bit of a point. Wouldn't it make more sense, once you get a horrible injury at your job, to quit your job rather than quit a club you actually enjoy? Shirou, of course, doesn't value his own enjoyment very much. Shinji likes Shirou, and at the same time is frustrated that he doesn't act like a regular person should. Thus Sakura's line about how he likes the people he dislikes.
    Wasn't Shinji the one who wanted him to quit, considering he complained about the scar and injury and all that?
    Last edited by warellis; August 25th, 2019 at 05:13 AM.

Wasn't Shinji the one who wanted him to quit, considering he complained about the scar and injury and all that?
    No, he was just teasing him. At most he wanted Shirou to stay out while his shoulder healed; he definitely didn't want him to quit the club and never come back.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by remirror View Post
    No, he was just teasing him. At most he wanted Shirou to stay out while his shoulder healed; he definitely didn't want him to quit the club and never come back.
    Also did Shirou really enjoy his time in the Archery club? I thought he went in thinking it could somehow help him with his heroing or abilities or something, or I remember hearing before, and really quit because he was finding it wasn't really helping him?

Also did Shirou really enjoy his time in the Archery club? I thought he went in thinking it could somehow help him with his heroing or abilities or something, or I remember hearing before, and really quit because he was finding it wasn't really helping him?
    He quit because of what Shinji said about his injured shoulder. Presumably he had fun, but of course Shirou doesn't value his own fun very highly.

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Wait, wasn't the point of the UBW date for Rin to make Shirou have fun for once in his life?
    burn your dread you coward