Page 483 of 568 FirstFirst ... 383433473478481482483484485488493533 ... LastLast
Results 9,641 to 9,660 of 11348

Thread: Heaven's Feel Movies

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post

This is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen, why is this not a thing
    IIRC I screenshotted that bit when the movie came out, it was great.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    I just finished watching the second movie. I haven't really been following the discussion so I don't know what people think of it, but honestly it was mostly ok. Sometimes it felt like a montage of all the highlights without really explaining what was going on.
    The movie explains the plot well without entering into long winded explanations. As far I saw, even non-VN readers got what was happening so I would say they trimmed the fat to a point it was still easy to follow. I think that's also one of the reasons for the great reception and ratings the movie had, other than well the plot starting to get into the actual conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    I really have NO idea what you are talking about. Kirei talks about Kiritsugu at leaat 3 times in HF. Which one are you referring to?
    In the fistfight with Shirou where he tells while fight the wrongdoings of Kiritsugu in the war but because Zero didn't exist yet the info was different.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post

This is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen, why is this not a thing
    Because the fight make for Ufotable was visually more beautiful and entertaining even if it was lore-wise incorrect, and the only people that prefer the first over the second are 55% of TM fans and that is not worth it.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by ballinamon View Post
    In the fistfight with Shirou where he tells while fight the wrongdoings of Kiritsugu in the war but because Zero didn't exist yet the info was different.
    Are you sure you are not thinking about the Fate route?

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Are you sure you are not thinking about the Fate route?
    Actually I don't sure, but one scene like that was, and there is only two Kirei vs Shirou fight so one of them.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ballinamon View Post
    Because the fight make for Ufotable was visually more beautiful and entertaining even if it was lore-wise incorrect, and the only people that prefer the first over the second are 55% of TM fans and that is not worth it.
    Eh, as someone who thinks ufotable did that fight poorly, I think the DEEN movie went too much in the other direction, based on that clip. Once they're in the graveyard, it's a much closer match between the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Arturia was clearly losing in DEEN's UBW movie, until Archer shot the arrow. But she should have been holding her own under the cover of the cemetery.

So technically both adaptions were incorrect.

JP Friend Code
    266,041,773 / Justice
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Ah. A few things from several pages back. First to thank Koto for letting me know (reminding me?) of the translated script from Shinji's drama CD!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    Well I translated it way back when it came out so if anyone with video skills is interested be my guest
    Finally just gave it a read-through of the whole thing-- it was quite satisfying! Though I have a feeling I may have enjoyed it more listening to Kamiya as Shinji; i unfortunately didn't have the patience this time to read along at the pace of his voice. Maybe another time, I'll listen myself, or when someone feels like making an .mkv afterall-- maybe the translation ought to get a bit more advertisement somewhere (uh, reddit maybe?) to get a better chance at having a video made. I'm sure listening might help me make better sense of the ending of that drama CD- I thought Shinji was simply talking to the listener (you), but then it somehow sounds like Shinji's audience was going to pull out a friendmaker on him in the dark? It felt ominous!

It's somewhat a shame an explict backstory didn't make it into the body of the film, but then again, it's not like we've gotten explict flashbacks for anyone other than Shiirou and Sakura in the HF films by this point. And then there'd be that probable disruption of flow, too...

Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    Sakura literally has pieces of her mother's tainted vessel inside her. Hell, didn't the HF manga make it more overt and have Sakura dream of the three founders making the grail.
    don't talk about aoi's bountiful womb that way
    I know there's something of a joke somewhere between these two comments, but.... Sakura has pieces of Aoi's "tainted vessel"? What "tainted" vessel? Is this a weird typo, because otherwise this is news to me but apparently not news to anyone else due to the lack of commentary in later postings.
    Last edited by John D. Pliskin; August 26th, 2019 at 07:18 PM.
    (old FGO USA accounts still being listed here for some reason)
    Spoiler:
    1st Ever Account: feat. Waver & Herc)
    (Currently waiting to be Recovered from Space)
    User ID: 096,380,356

Strategic Account: Waver, Carmilla, Atalante, Kaleidoscope

User ID: 744,854,542

(Helpful Explanation on How a Mongrel beat a King in UBW.)

Quote Originally Posted by Broke View Post

I think the interview shinji is doing is actually just a tsukuyomi(the kind from naruto) that Sakura cast on him as she sliced his brain

- - - Updated - - -

The first quoted comment has implied subject of illya, second one made a joke by ignoring the implied subject.

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by John D. Pliskin View Post
    I'm sure listening might help me make better sense of the ending of that drama CD- I thought Shinji was simply talking to the listener (you), but then it somehow sounds like Shinji's audience was going to pull out a friendmaker on him in the dark? It felt ominous!
    Spoiler:
    there was never any audience

JP Friend Code
    218,066,906 - Winter
    The real Friend Maker was the tentacle that severed Shinji's spine along the way

Shitpost aside, that was a great read Koto, (late) thanks for translating!
    ~ I love and admire beautiful stories ~
    Unlimited Blade Works' true Good End: https://www.bilibili.com/video/av569...50898884336512
    Spoiler:

JP Friend Code
    266,041,773 / Justice
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by madarra View Post
    I think the interview shinji is doing is actually just a tsukuyomi(the kind from naruto) that Sakura cast on him as she sliced his brain
    Spoiler:
    there was never any audience
    I guess there's an awful lot of overlap between these two statements, huh.

/internal screams/

Quote Originally Posted by madarra View Post
    The first quoted comment has implied subject of illya, second one made a joke by ignoring the implied subject.
    Oh, so semantics did a number on me again. "Her mother's tainted vessel"= Illya's mother= Irisviel, gotcha. Whew, honestly thought some forbidden deep lore flashed before my eyes.

----

Hey, so this has been nagging me a bit, especially ever since it's come into animated form: how does Sakura slip out of bed away from Shirou on these nightly feastings, anyway? Does she "slip into" her own shadow and become one with it, or something like that? And for that matter, why has her physical body been starting to manifest itself together with the Shadow into the war-- in other words, why does she seem to be closing the distance between her corporal form and her Shadow, lessening the degree of apparent autonomy of the Shadow? Is there an advantage to this; is she able to eat more this way? Or is she achieving more "oneness" with the Shadow thanks to the natural progression of the War, and thus her heightened proximity to the Shadow can't be helped? Otherwise, I can't imagine why she'd put her physical body more "in danger"... and thus get herself skewered by Gilgamesh. (And she recovers from that thanks to... what, Imaginary Space whachamacallit? Or even something else that the film/route may explain or allude to?)

Maybe there is no "rational" explanation, and this strangeness regarding Sakura's situation is supposed to be inexplicably horrific, at least for most film goers. Which can be cool in of itself. Though with Nasu being Nasu, I doubt there'd be no real explanation to these things at their core (even if no time is given in the films to explain them).
    Last edited by John D. Pliskin; August 27th, 2019 at 01:02 AM.
    (old FGO USA accounts still being listed here for some reason)
    Spoiler:
    1st Ever Account: feat. Waver & Herc)
    (Currently waiting to be Recovered from Space)
    User ID: 096,380,356

Strategic Account: Waver, Carmilla, Atalante, Kaleidoscope

User ID: 744,854,542

(Helpful Explanation on How a Mongrel beat a King in UBW.)

Quote Originally Posted by Broke View Post

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries

Alternate mean of HF
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    My brother didn't like it... the action lacked for him, shame.

Also he said about the animation quality dropping which I thought was ridiculous but I just watched the movies back to back and yeah, I think he's right. Anyone else notice something?

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Care to give a specific example?
    For me the animation for standard scenes was about as good as the first, and the sakuga moments (ie LancerVsAssassin and AlterVsHerk) are better in the second...
    burn your dread you coward

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    As much as I like Herc VS Alter, the characters themselves don't look as detailed as Lancer VS Assassin for example. Kinda like there's less shading? Don't know how to describe it, since I'm not very knowledgeable in this field.

I'm not saying there was anything wrong with the animation pff, as if, but I kinda feel like there was a downgrade.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Did anyone feel the fight between Salter & Herc was too flashy and bright? Some people I've talked to felt the animation was so bright it was kind of hard to tell what was happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Levani View Post
    As much as I like Herc VS Alter, the characters themselves don't look as detailed as Lancer VS Assassin for example. Kinda like there's less shading? Don't know how to describe it, since I'm not very knowledgeable in this field.

I'm not saying there was anything wrong with the animation pff, as if, but I kinda feel like there was a downgrade.
    I think you and your brother are having a mass hallucination.

The sakuga, the 2D-3D blend and the digital effects are definitely better in this one.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Levani View Post

That is not animation. That is drawing detail. Usually, the more complex and fluid an animation is the more difficult (and useless) is to keep detail.
    Last edited by Yggdrasil; August 27th, 2019 at 06:30 PM.

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Don't give your brother alcohol while watching
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet