Page 509 of 568 FirstFirst ... 9409459499504507508509510511514519559 ... LastLast
Results 10,161 to 10,180 of 11348

Thread: Heaven's Feel Movies

US Friend Code
    I think it originated as an emote on Something Awful.

Quote Originally Posted by bassgs435 View Post
    People are already complaining about "nothing happening". Make it a TV show and those complaints'd be more insufferable. You gotta make peace with the fact anime audiences wouldn't react well to a proper HF adaptation and thus anime HF neeeds to be like this to not alienate most anime watchers who need stuff constantly happening before complaining about "pacing too slow" and "nothing happens" It's what it is.
    Somettimes i wish it was a series but you have a point , Anime onlies seem to like the movies so far

@ADab1za
    Maybe not half but the studio still bled some major directorial/animation talents such as Hirao, Aoki alongside people like Tetsuya Takeuchi and scriptwriter Masaki Hiramatsu. Hell, I doubt Paradox Spiral would be as memorable or well received if it weren't for Hirao's Satoshi Kon-esque directorial style and transitions.
    Quote Originally Posted by bassgs435 View Post
    People are already complaining about "nothing happening". Make it a TV show and those complaints'd be more insufferable. You gotta make peace with the fact anime audiences wouldn't react well to a proper HF adaptation and thus anime HF neeeds to be like this to not alienate most anime watchers who need stuff constantly happening before complaining about "pacing too slow" and "nothing happens" It's what it is.
    Couldn't agree more here. Unfortunately that's what the average viewer these days expect out of their movies and entertainment, that they get to their point. Even stuff like the Godfather would probably be considered way too slow in terms of pacing if it came out today. Too bad it's to the detriment of aspects such as subtlety and restraint which seems to be replaced with more and more bombastic set pieces and more action in general. Just compare the modern Rebuild movies to the original Eva TV series: the Eva action scenes are flashier than ever but it has barely any breathing room and lost quite a bit of the original's subtle characterization that made it so iconic and riveting.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Even back then Eva had a rep for slight pretentiousness. Monogatari is too, since it's mostly given the popularity it has because of the characters, the harem antics, and I would mostly say it was Senjougahara and Araragi's relationship (at least, for the people who stopped at Bakemonogatari).
    For Fate, it's the battle royales of history's strongest and the relationships of the characters that is the main draw. The setting is the backdrop, but not overally important, like how people might like the battles in Index, but might have their eyes glaze over at the political contrivances of Necessarius versus the other branches of the religious sects and stuff like that. It's less a sign of the times and more that this is what drew a lot of people into Fate in the first place, and not necessarily lore.

Quote Originally Posted by GarlandGreene View Post
    Maybe not half but the studio still bled some major directorial/animation talents such as Hirao, Aoki alongside people like Tetsuya Takeuchi and scriptwriter Masaki Hiramatsu. Hell, I doubt Paradox Spiral would be as memorable or well received if it weren't for Hirao's Satoshi Kon-esque directorial style and transitions.
    This is kind of irrelevant to this topic since Hirao doesn't even work on ufo shows when he's not directing and I just can't picture him wanting to direct fate. Aoki isn't anything special and Takeuchi shows up from time to time on some fgo cms so he's not out of the picture.

Anyway, aside from some minor hurdles with presage flower this project shouldn't be understaffed but that doesn't mean they have enough time from aniplex to produce a 3 hours long movie.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Death7Knight View Post
    This is kind of irrelevant to this topic since Hirao doesn't even work on ufo shows when he's not directing and I just can't picture him wanting to direct fate. Aoki isn't anything special and Takeuchi shows up from time to time on some fgo cms so he's not out of the picture.
    Not to mention Hirao and Takuechi was only a major part of KNK5 and didn't do anything else except a small part in KNK7 and for now having Nozomu Abe is better than Takeuchi since he is more suited for Fate/.

Quote Originally Posted by Death7Knight View Post
    Anyway, aside from some minor hurdles with presage flower this project shouldn't be understaffed but that doesn't mean they have enough time from aniplex to produce a 3 hours long movie.
    This is true and some people missing this out a year and 3 months is barely enough to do a 2 hours movie and LB finished a week before the premiere and the staff was up all night so having 3 hours movies will require at least 8 more months to produce.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Was it something that I said?

Quote Originally Posted by noname14 View Post
    We will never know what's with the scene of Gilgamesh staring at the window
    What scene?

Quote Originally Posted by yokushi View Post
    In presage flower she literally stops and decides to go home after Shirou gets hit by Berserker. It's literally saying you that she isn't finding revenge as fulfilling she thought it was so she starts to change her opinion.
    So what, she changed her mind by the second movie?

Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    The FSN LP uses it, for whatever that's worth.
    Thank you.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Quote Originally Posted by ADab1za View Post
    Not to mention Hirao and Takuechi was only a major part of KNK5 and didn't do anything else except a small part in KNK7 and for now having Nozomu Abe is better than Takeuchi since he is more suited for Fate/.
    "Only" a major part of by far the most critically acclaimed episode of the movie series.

As for Abe vs Takeuchi, it's obviously debatable. Nozomu Abe is one of the best when it comes to debris effects and over-the-top moves/explosions but I personally prefer some of Takeuchi's cuts as he puts more emphasis on general character acting/movement, making them feel more alive (like that scene where Tomoe runs away from the delinquents or Shiki's graceful takedown of the cannon fodder zombies during the first half of the film).

Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    For Fate, it's the battle royales of history's strongest and the relationships of the characters that is the main draw. The setting is the backdrop, but not overally important, like how people might like the battles in Index, but might have their eyes glaze over at the political contrivances of Necessarius versus the other branches of the religious sects and stuff like that. It's less a sign of the times and more that this is what drew a lot of people into Fate in the first place, and not necessarily lore.
    It might be what drew people in but the original VN made it fairly clear that the real meat of the story lies within the exploration of morality, self sacrifice and "being a hero is not all it's cracked up to be" via the main character(s) through multiple routes with everything else being window dressing. Sure there's still plenty of fights here and there between the fanfiction-esque versions of legends and mythological creatures, lots of made up lore and magic-babble and a powerful wish granting device, but those are mere tools for said thematic core. And I believe it's a significant part of what made a few of us stick with the franchise for so long and what differentiates it from the likes of Juuni Taisen or Mirai Nikki.

But of course, much of what I wrote is pretty irrelevant now that FGO is by far the biggest face of the franchise...

JP Friend Code
    "Only" a major part of by far the most critically acclaimed episode of the movie series.
    my point is 5/7 movie main staff are still very much present at the studio.

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman View Post
    What scene?
    There was a scene with Gilgamesh shown in the first teaser of Lost Butterfly that didn't make it into the movie for some reason. Just watched the teaser again, and there are actually a few scenes that didn't make it. A scene with Sakura with a shocked expression on her face in the Emiya residence (probably before Shinji captures her to bring her to the school,) a scene with Kirei in the church, and another scene with Gilgamesh seem to have been cut out.

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Going by their previous record with UBW, I'd be more worried about the stuff that are going to be adapted than the ones that won't make it. The 2nd half of that somehow managed to feel both rushed at points and gruelingly slow at others (like they were just purely padding to fit the scheduled runtime). Not to mention, some of those moments came off as hilariously cheesy with the emotional impact of a long wet fart.
    lmao
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

JP Friend Code
    I'm conflicted. I really want to go watch the last movie the day it screens but this whole virus thing is kinda scaring me. What do you guys think?
    updated 2019/1/10

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    I'd personally rather the patient and wait for Blu-ray release than risk getting a disease the currently has no cure

Gorgeous~! Happy~! Elegant~! Bobin's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    254676078/BOB
    gear up in disposable hygiene products
    make calculated decision to go now that the weak-willed have culled themselves of their numbers
    enjoy home theater with my like-minded fearless compatriots in the tranquil atmosphere of the nearly empty movie screening

^
    my careful devised master plan if they still announce availability in local theater
    BL Character Defining Lines
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    It's hard having so much online charisma.
    Quote Originally Posted by GayBeamu View Post
    I am an immortal bisexual rainbow motherfucker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janx View Post
    Despite common belief, I am not actually that big on tentacles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    Anal isnt the only thing you can do without a vagina, Strife-chan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I am the greatest and most successful democratic reformer BL has ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fel View Post
    Manly men doing manly and GAR stuff always gives me such a raging MANBONER.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delzor View Post
    I threw away 10k friend points yesterday on summons for the hell of it and woke up this morning with more than I threw away. The fight to 0 fp is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by successor of the Matou family
    "Too slutty"
    "You're too slutty"

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Akyuu View Post
    I'm conflicted. I really want to go watch the last movie the day it screens but this whole virus thing is kinda scaring me. What do you guys think?
    The corona is just a flu and not a particularly strong one. Unless you’re a newborn, elder or previously debilitated, you’re not a big risk. Even so, you should prepare yourself by keeping constant hygiene, take a lot of vitamin c before the fact (the theater should maybe have some of those jihankis with warm honey lemonade and those are great options) and take a lot of natural decontaminants (garlic) and/or direct counters to the influenza (anise tea) after the fact.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    The corona is just a flu
    Yeah, except it's not.

Surpass her level, if you dare. hayate's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    The corona is just a flu and not a particularly strong one. Unless you’re a newborn, elder or previously debilitated, you’re not a big risk. Even so, you should prepare yourself by keeping constant hygiene, take a lot of vitamin c before the fact (the theater should maybe have some of those jihankis with warm honey lemonade and those are great options) and take a lot of natural decontaminants (garlic) and/or direct counters to the influenza (anise tea) after the fact.
    China has a recently developed vaccine as of this date, so yep, I must say that this disease is overhyped.

Also, if you're into vet med, you will see that dogs, cats and other animals have a vaccine for coronavirus.

- - - Updated - - -

But enough of those, and let me say that ufotable has a nice way to countdown the days to the Spring Song movie.
    Not dealing with it...

Why even try?

This is golden...
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    Lol Ishtarin went full Aqua
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    I've seen people in this forum spend the GDP of a third world country into Grand Order
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Yeah, there's a saying that you should strive for perfection knowing full well you won't achieve it. Saber looked at it and said "Hold my Beer"
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    And then all her friends resented her for it.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Akyuu View Post
    If i was you i would go on a weekday and check if the theaters are crowded or not first.

Quote Originally Posted by hayate View Post
    China has a recently developed vaccine as of this date, so yep, I must say that this disease is overhyped.

Also, if you're into vet med, you will see that dogs, cats and other animals have a vaccine for coronavirus.
    There is no vaccine yet and there is only planned clinical trial, If the virus spread like flu a lot of people are going to die especially older people.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by hayate View Post
    There is a bunch of different coronavirus, it's a family, not a single virus. MERS and SARS were a type of coronavirus too.
    This one has, I think, like 1 or 2 reported cases of dogs infection in the whole world.

Also, I'm not worried for me, I'm young, healthy and strong enough to survive, I'm worried for my 90 years old grandma, my 70 years old mom, my 60 years old aunt currently under chemoterapy and all my other relatives.
    Last edited by Yggdrasil; March 16th, 2020 at 09:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    I'm worried for my 90 years old grandma, my 70 years old mom, my 60 years old aunt currently under chemoterapy and all my other relatives.
    Yeah that's definitely some high risk right there. Heard that Italy is in some pretty rough shape right now. Stay safe everyone.