Page 536 of 568 FirstFirst ... 36436486526531534535536537538541546 ... LastLast
Results 10,701 to 10,720 of 11348

Thread: Heaven's Feel Movies

Blog Entries
    The Japanese hate pirating, why do you assume their license would even allow for that?
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Covid. I mean, I understad the fear of piracy. But it's not a good look for whoever made the choice to put anti-piracy and the additional profits they see in preventing the piracy that'd come with a digital screening over people's health.
    If it's Japan people, this looks even worse combined with the recent news of not having any kind of restrictions over how many people can go watch Kimetsu's movie during the first week
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Wait seriously?! No restrictions on seating for Infinity Train? Is this here or Japan? Either way, yeowch that's bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Wait seriously?! No restrictions on seating for Infinity Train? Is this here or Japan? Either way, yeowch that's bad.
    This has been the case for a month now except for Toho and Aeon, Toho just lifted their restriction this week since they are distributing Kimetsu.

Japan
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

No restrictions on seating for Infinity Train?
    No restrictions? Hell to the yes! The developer licenser is adventurous!

Quote Originally Posted by Orivaa View Post
    All right, so we got a fundamental disagreement, then. You don't believe in individual responsibility, I do. You're a authoritarian collectivist, I'm a libertarian individualist. It doesn't sound like we're going to get anywhere, as our base values and worldview are just too different for us to find common ground. So, I'm going to step out of this conversation between us here. Good day to you.

The trolley problem is an ethics thought-experiment wherein a train car is heading down one track towards where some greater-than-one amount of people are tied to the tracks. There is a lever next to the track that would switch the train unto a different track where there are less people tied to it. The moral conflict is whether or not you switch the track to save the greater amount of people, at the expense of you directly causing the death of a lesser number of people. And if you choose not to, are you then responsible for the greater number of people who died?

Unless your understanding of the problem is different, I don't see how it relates to this. The trolley problem is rather specific in its application. It works because the outcomes are completely set in stone, and they are both the same sans the number of people who die.

I'm not trying to play stupid, I just don't think it applies. If you've got a different conception of it than I do, then feel free to explain yours and what the crucial difference is that makes it applicable here.

No? SirGauoftheSquareTable said, "It's not the moviegoers I'm mad at, but Aniplex for putting peoples' lives at risk."

Whatever the surrounding conversation was, that snippet has its own set of logic and morality, which is what I replied to, creating a conversation around the logic employed there. I wasn't derailing any conversation. Something was explicitly said that I then commented on. The conversation I created was centered around the logic used there. Then people came in and derailed the conversation I had started by making points that were irrelevant to what I've said and to the conversation topic as a whole.

you are not alone. I also dont like this mentality of ..."give up essential rights for safety" , we should know better after the 20 century. But i dont want to derail this, since it goes beyond an anime movie

In my city we are literally not allowed to go outside after 9 pm. Maybe it sounds good for some of you bit im not goverment worshipper, for me its the road to something dystopian
    Last edited by TheSeaDragon; October 16th, 2020 at 09:56 PM.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSeaDragon View Post
    you are not alone. I also dont like this mentality of ..."give up essential rights for safety" , we should know better after the 20 century. But i dont want to derail this, since it goes beyond an anime movie

In my city we are literally not allowed to go outside after 9 pm. Maybe it sounds good for some of you bit im not goverment worhsipper, for me its the road to something dystopian
    Personally I'm disturbed by some of the precedents being set too, but it's not like the alternative of letting tons of people die is great or would create much faith in government either. And in general the logic of saying people are free to make bad decisions gets more complicated when their decisions can rebound and even lethally impact people who weren't involved in that decision. Of course that itself is an uncertain argument because we generally agree people are free to drive cars even though in doing so you are accepting a certain risk of hurting or killing pedestrians who didn't make any such choice.

yup , the greater good can be a really tricky concept , we really know it as fate fans . I know the pandemic is a serious exception, but im disturbed by some of the precedents, the virus will hopefully go away, but how easy is to put people against each other if they are scared? That is a precedent . People of certain ideologies tends to idolize te goverment against "greedy privates" so much, but politicians are as flawed humans as anyone, even more so in most cases , and they love to have power over people

I find the whole idea of a slippery slope because of health regulations to not be very convincing. I'm far more concerned about the sheer stupidity of the anti-lockdowners and anti-maskers, who are flagrantly endangering themselves and others for their nebulous "freedom". If a government started becoming totalitarian because of this, then it's only because the government was already leaning in that direction. Also, people aren't free to drive cars, they have a privilege to drive cars, one that can be taken away. Now if only that were true for guns in America...

- - - Updated - - -

Even America's free speech/association always has exceptions, especially when said free speech can harm others or prevent their free speech.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

I wear a freakin mask and distance every day since late march, dont play the moral high ground on me . Again, i live in argentina , people here couldnt say goodbye to diyin loved ones , and some lose their bussiness thnaks to eternal lockdown, whers yor "empathy" here?

Considering you put freedom in quotes, and the rest of your messages, i think i can see your ideology. You are the kind that would help a goverment to became totalitarian as long as the speech sounds emotionally good enough
    Last edited by TheSeaDragon; October 17th, 2020 at 11:36 AM.

This thread took a weird turn. People should be prevented from being dumbasses. That is whaf laws are for. But corporations are free to endanger as many lives as possible for profit. Thats bad.

But what is a "dumbass" here? someone who wants to open thir bussiness to you know, earn a living?

And after six months in argentina, i dont think freedom is a "nebulous" concept, that is a take proper of someone who lives in the first world and never really had actual problems

Someone who wants to go to parties and drink and watch movies without any precaution and thinks he's immune to catching and spreading the virus or thinks their fun and gatherings are more important than the people they put at risk.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Everyone who says they will go is saying they will be careful, it looks like you guys are too busy playing moral superiority

Really? That's your counter? Even if they are "careful", it's still a extremely risky, and very needless. If you just follow public health recommendations in the short and medium term, in the long term, less people will die, and restrictions can be eased sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSeaDragon View Post
    Everyone who says they will go is saying they will be careful, it looks like you guys are too busy playing moral superiority
    The people saying they'll be careful aren't everyone who may go to the movie. The kind of dumbasses I mentioned can also go, perfectly. And they're the problem. If people like that didn't exist, maybe more freedom coukd be allowed. But they do exist.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Im bored of this. I will come back when the actual movie is talked

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    I can already picture a whole theater of Fate fans with masks worn down on their chin or hanging around their neck while theyre loudly hollering, clapping and sipping their XXXL coke.

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Just a tought... maybe a thread title change is in order? The movie did already come out...
    burn your dread you coward