Page 543 of 568 FirstFirst ... 43443493533538541542543544545548553 ... LastLast
Results 10,841 to 10,860 of 11348

Thread: Heaven's Feel Movies

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Commissarbc View Post
    I went to see the film yesterday (where I am Covid basically doesn't exist, though they still take some precautions).

The thing about understanding these HF movies is that I think an anime only could... but only if they've been taking notes when watching Zero and UBW.
    The problem is that things are only explained once in a line here or there over the course of the shows and films.

So while it sounds a bit daunting, the best advice I could give to someone is to try and watch Zero, UBW and the HF films within a relatively small timeframe.
    Been redoing the first two even after reading the VN, so all I gotta do is pointlessly risk my life to watch the others or shell out money for the Blue ray releases, eh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Quote Originally Posted by Astroprogs View Post
    Just to clarify, I'm not doing that. All I'm saying is for people to take care of themselves.

of course

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    JP Friend Code
    BD is on March 31.

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Been redoing the first two even after reading the VN, so all I gotta do is pointlessly risk my life to watch the others or shell out money for the Blue ray releases, eh?
    Well, the advice was for anime-onlies who might struggle to understand the films on their own context, so it doesn't apply to someone who has read the VN, seeing as they'll be able to understand the movies just fine.

And I never said to watch it in theatres, you can just wait for it to be out on DVD or watch it for free on whatever legal streaming site it ends up on.

We live in an age of convenience, so do whatever is convenient for you.

Well, the advice was for anime-onlies who might struggle to understand the films on their own context, so it doesn't apply to someone who has read the VN, seeing as they'll be able to understand the movies just fine.

And I never said to watch it in theatres, you can just wait for it to be out on DVD or watch it for free on whatever legal streaming site it ends up on.

Wit all respect, i dot see why he keeps posting in this thread, he is not even talking the movie, all he does is saying how go to theather is a instant death. His stance is clear, and fair, why he keeps jumping to anyone who gives advice to OTHER people ?

At least we have a BD date now

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar

I was kinda being sarcastic/facetious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

dont need to, he was not talking to you

JP Friend Code
    266,041,773 / Justice
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Practically forgot about looking to see if anyone here cared to reply to my last posting,... but that's probably because I ended up listening to my gut and did see it a second time after all!

Quote Originally Posted by Astroprogs View Post
    The theater experience is something you'll never be able to have again after it's done and you won't be able to replicate with the Bluray version unless you own your own theater with a theater sound system.

I'd personally go to the theatrical showing, regardless.
    ...Though if I was still seeking an answer, this definitely would've helped push me toward a second viewing lol. And to my surprise, the old AMC theater at the fading mall was actually pretty good? Screen-size actually seemed bigger, stadium seating was comfortable (and I chose a perfect seat too IMO), and the top 1/20th of the screen wasn't cut off in the projection! The viewing environment was practically perfect.

It just felt really good to see it again in theaters and be aurally bathed in Kaijura music and the FX (the impact of Saber Alter vs Rider could really be felt in the reverb)!

---

Okay, putting aside the theatrical quality of the viewing(s), how was the film itself? Well, to regurgitate thoughts I've shared on twitter, plus PLENTY extra:

[NOTE: Spoiler-tagging only the film-original scenes of the things that matter, so simple plot points from the VN are largely being left untagged]

Spring song was, by and far for the better (and not much for the worse) the densest, maybe most faithful adaptation in the trilogy.

The ensemble cast (namely Kirei, Rin, Illya) really got their due, and thankfully their development didn't feel as much on the side of "too little too late" as I had feared; their arcs and actions worked well in the film, at least in the moment of seeing them.... and that was only after very recent re-watches of the first HF films; I haven't reviewed the VN nor Fate/Zero in a much longer while. Really, spring song seems to not only use its two hour runtime really wisely, it even felt longer than it really was.... which I guess is a feeling when you get when much of the movie churns out climax after climax! Many scenes felt written and performed really, really well; I don't think the Aniplex subs this time got in the way of my enjoyment, if they were sub-optimal in the first place.

Some scenes definitely brought me near tear-shedding territory.... and I might've actually crossed into that, had my daily prescribed antidepressants not kept me in check like they usually do. Nine Lives Blade Works felt really cinematically special, easily marking itself as one of my early favorites despite a couple of awkward shots of CG Berserker (who I hope will get retouched a bit to look less out-of-place in the Einzbern forest). The parting scene between Illya and Shirou was also more precious than I ever remembered it, if not so much thanks to Kadowaki's perfromance then absolutely thanks to Sugiyama's emotional cracking voice as a visibly mind-broken Shirou. Especially moving, too, was
    Spoiler:
    when Illya ran into Irisviel's embrace shortly after fully stepping inside the Grail, literally becoming like a child running to reunite with their mother. I half-expected/ half-wanted to see Kiritsugu there, but I suppose that would've taken away from the more physical reality of the scene, as Illya really was reuniting with her progenitor inside the Grail.

The OST was as superb as it's ever been for me! I only wish some of the music tracks went on longer, like the first MANLY choral piece that played as Shirou and Kirei started their fisticuffs. I didn't look much for any carry-over themes from the VN, but whatever might've been there-- was that "All the Evils of the World" I heard play as one of the BGMS during Shirou/Kiriei?-- was appropriately placed, and whatever was not included likely had good justification for not being. (No "New Dawn" during the epilogue, but we did get a beautiful scenic segue into Aimer's [Haru wa Yuku], so I didn't even think about its absence at the time.) Of special note is the rendition of the Emiya theme during Nine Lives Blade Works, which with its bass thumps absolutely SLAPPED... if there was only one moment to really listen in with headphones or speakers, I'd prioritize Nine Lives Blade Works. The whole scene was the first of many to absolutely floor me. (And speaking of Nine Lives, it was really beautiful to see that scene bookended by renditions of kalafina's [believe] theme, which we heard hearkened back to when Shirou/Sakura and Archer/Rin walked past each other in the rain in lost butterfly.)

The animation of Rider vs. Saber Alter was ufotable again firing on all its cylinders as expected, though it demands quite a bit of attention to follow along, even with the bits of slow-mo. Shirou vs. Kirei made all the right kinds of impact, feeling realistically visceral and down-to-earth after the amounts of acrobatics we'd get earlier. (That said, I think some are being too dismissive of some of those "acrobatics"; the characters' movements aren't like those cool-but-nonsensical movements and air-time that Shirou went through in landing a blow on Gilgamesh in Unlimited Blade Works penultimate episode.)

My only remaining concerns have to do with the explanation of Avenger and the epilogue.

Now, the scene explaining Angra Mainyuu went over better the second viewing, having paid better attention to the subtitles for the scene, but I still felt disappointed that the only visuals that played over the explanation (which Illya gave to Shirou and Rin as they walked through Fuyuki) were pans over Fuyuki citizenry and inanimate town objects. I guess they didn't want to introduce anything too new for such a relatively short scene, as well as save any big visual reveals about Angra Mainyuu for a possible Hollow Ataraxia anime? Oh well.

And as for the epilogue? It resonated with me more than not, especially with the sisterly bonding between Rin and Sakura, but I'm not sure how effectively Shirou's status was ultimately communicated at the end.... surely there could've been a little more telling on top of its showing, no? The epilogue might be the scene I need to re-watch the most, which gets me even more uneasy about how secondaries, like my sister and brother-in-law, might process it. I feel like I must've missed something that was said but maybe not caught by the Aniplex subs. (Huh, maybe they did affect my enjoyment a bit after all.)

Spoiler:
    Rin monologues clearly enough to say that Shirou's original body wasn't found, so there's that as a starting premise that everyone should be clear on. Aside from the bits where she's travelling with Rin, we see Sakura alone much of the time, which again communicates Shirou's absence. But then-- with the only transitory scenes seeming be when the Tohsaka sisters pass by Tohko in a Russian alleyway and see a doll in a crate, to which a covered bird cage (meant to house Shirou's soul?) is unveiled to-- we soon get a similar shot of her preparing for a meal, now with Shirou on hand to help? Not only are new elements quickly introduced in the film's lore, but some of the setup of the scene almost makes it seem like Shirou isn't actually there, Sakura is only dreaming of him being there.

TL;DR I'm concerned that viewers will not only get too hung-up on the extra Nasuverse elements but also think that Sakura is only dreaming of Shirou being there, or that Shirou only has a dream-like existence in the end, or something like that. Anyone else felt like they got that feeling?

Even so, it was quite masterful for a two hour long finale to the Heaven's Feel trilogy. So rewarding to see ufotable's Fate/stay night endeavor as announced in 2014 come to completion in spring song. (Now, sometime, please... do a Hollow Ataraxia anime. And/or a new Fate route revision)

Completely Arbitrary Numerical Score Is! 9.5/10
    (old FGO USA accounts still being listed here for some reason)
    Spoiler:
    1st Ever Account: feat. Waver & Herc)
    (Currently waiting to be Recovered from Space)
    User ID: 096,380,356

Strategic Account: Waver, Carmilla, Atalante, Kaleidoscope

User ID: 744,854,542

(Helpful Explanation on How a Mongrel beat a King in UBW.)

Quote Originally Posted by Broke View Post

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors lethum's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Greetings everyone.

I've been away from BL for a while, but after learning that HF's trilogy was finally complete(ish) I decided to come back to see the complete trilogy back-to-back. Found the first and the second, and knew that the third was still in theaters (in the US) so probably it'd been a while since it'd been out on Japan.

So I found the thread most likely to contain the people who would know. Is there any version of HFIII(spring song) floating around the interwebs that you know about? We can talk it over PMs, if you want.

Otherwise, we have to wait until the Blu Ray Disk comes out?

JP Friend Code
    266,041,773 / Justice
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    For what it's worth, there is a new camrip torrent that was put up just yesterday, where the uploader advertises it as being better quality than the old one.

But I personally don't want to risk lessening the memory of my theater experiences of seeing the movie those first two times, so I don't think I'll check it out. (I honestly kind of hope it gets deleted from the site I saw it on soon, as it'd suck if this dis-incentivized Aniplex USA from future screenings.)

The next time I see the movie in full, I only want it to be on blu-ray, which will be released on March 31st... a full year from the originally scheduled theatrical release date IIRC.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors lethum's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So four months and a week away? I suppose I'll have to deal. I'm still stuck in my home and my country doesn't have any screenings that I know of so I can only wait for an online offer.

Having just finished a less-than-ideal version of the movie, I thought it was overall pretty good. My memory of the VN is lacking, so I won't be deep-diving or anything. Just a few impressions.

The scene of Kirei walking through the Church was super cool.

Kirei on-top of the Church was great and I can't wait to see it in better quality. Kirei in general was great in this movie.

CGI Berserker looked bloody awful, and the spinning was dumb as fuck. The build-up to it was fantastic, though.

Why is Zouken so hot?

Rider vs Salter really needs to be watched in all its glory. I know it's an odd thing to comment on, but I think they did a really good job with Rider's speed and the movement of her legs. I'm not sure how I feel about the music. It might be better in proper quality.

I think they did a perfectly fine job portraying Shirou's pain when he had to kill Saber. His face said it all.

They could've portrayed Shirou's amnesia and mental damage much better. It wasn't really clear from his inability to say Rider's name that he couldn't remember it, as opposed to him just being too exhausted to.

I wish Sakura's hair had turned back after she had been stabbed, like her eyes did.

Shirou vs Kirei was... okay. It wasn't bad on its own, but it could've been so much better. I didn't like how they tried to mix it up with different moves. Would've been better as a pure slug fest. Also, the fuck was that face Kirei did at one point? Lmao

Aniplex subs can go suck a dick.
    Last edited by Orivaa; November 26th, 2020 at 04:53 AM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Aniplex subs are odd. Like do they just have bad subbing teams or do they just rip off someone else's subs or what?

They obviously have their own team. How would they rip the subs for a product for which subs doesn't currently exist?

I actually watched the movie for four times.
    Everytime I re-watch, I more understand all these hidden points of film.

Too many hidden points in the film.
    I wonder any newbie understand what Kotomine are saying in the last battle?
    The meaning of Illya last sentence " Do you want to live? No matter..." actually mention not only HG wishing, but also the conclusion about Sakura living?
    And the meaning of Shirou's key?

I think many guys should watch this film two-three times to really understand all of these elements. I even have to re-read the novel,too.

btw...
    I hate the way they remove how Sakura talk about Tokiomi.
    Illya last scene is really good. I really cried for her and Shirou.

And:

The scene when Shirou stabs Sakura with his Broken Rule. I think they don't draw Sakura's expression fix with what I usually image.

I think in that scene, Sakura's face have to full of tears while still smiles in happiness and peaceful.
    Last edited by kohaku; November 26th, 2020 at 09:58 AM.

Rin saying "are you happy? in the ending makes the cut?

Quote Originally Posted by TheSeaDragon View Post
    Yes

JP Friend Code
    266,041,773 / Justice
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Can anyone recall-- or well, perhaps point out now, should one desire to review the cam-rip put up the other day (which I DMed you more specifically about, lethum)-- how "bad" the Aniplex subs were this time for Spring Song?

I'm already familiar with how upsetting some of their subtitling work has been in the past, like in some UBW episodes, but honestly, how bad has it been for the Heaven's Feel films, or spring song in particular?

Aside from their modus operandi of not caring to subtitle any of the songs (always remember those, fan-subbers!), the only Aniplex subs I recall negatively were those for a few bits in lost butterfly: in Kirei's "blessing scene" after Shirou/Sakura have sex; the subtitles literally translating Shirou's 'asobi ni' question to Sakura as "go out to play" rather than "go out/hang out somewhere" or something more natural; and Shinji's unnatural pluralization of his sex as "intercourses." I don't recall any bad vibes from any scene in spring song, aside from a really vague guess that just maybe the subtitles missed something in the epilogue?

Without more specific examples, I'd be inclined to think there's more meme than merit to the aniplex subs really being bad in spring song.

Only thing i kinda loied at was shirous you keep up with me" being translated differently. It gives a different emotional response

Hmm. I remeber she say it in the movie,too.