Page 523 of 568 FirstFirst ... 23423473513518521522523524525528533 ... LastLast
Results 10,441 to 10,460 of 11348

Thread: Heaven's Feel Movies

Quote Originally Posted by Yoyomaster View Post
    I'm disappointed as well but it makes sense that...

Spoiler:
    scene in which Alter dies was more abrupt, the movie only estabilished a very shallow connection between Saber and Shirou through the first movie, unlike the VN for example they didn't train together and bond in the dojo so it makes sense why Shirou would have less hesitation

Also I'm thankful that they didn't include SLH in the Rider vs Alter fight like some people wanted it. Hopefully they can animate it as a BD bonus (unlikely asf but I still hope).
    Spoiler:
    i see what your saying. Especially because vn hf is not only contextualized with many more arturia scenes early on but also the context of the other routes as well which clearly shows shirous distraughtness over having to kill this person he clearly bonded with quickly. No such thing exists in this movie trilogy.

I just always liked the concept of arturia, kiritsugu and hf shirous current self being incompatible and so even though he doesnt want to, is forced to erase them from his mind entirely to not go insane from the contradiction stress similar to what he did with his real parents after the fire. It showed in the vn that he really did love those two to have it be neccesary to have them dissapear from his consciousness entirely to exist only for sakuras sake, otherwise he would not be able to move on with the trauma of killing arturia with his own hands, especially because in femme fetale shirou doesnt go through with it even if its clearly going to eff him over later

I also agree about SLH being shoehorned in. It wont be animated but it had a specific role to play narratively that would not work with how the movies are structured nor the events of true end in general.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GDB View Post
    Spoiler:
    The shroud is taken down to just around his wrist against Herc. It then gets rewrapped at some point. Against Saber Alter, it comes off completely. He then rewraps it before heading to face Sakura.

Also, yes, they did mess with his mental decline. It was still there, but it wasn't as big as the VN. He couldn't remember/say Rider's name, and struggles with a few words here and there with Illya, but not to the same extent. I think there's only one time skip that happens showing his decline, where he's talking to Rin and then it has a weird/abrupt screen cut that seemed to indicate it happened.
    Spoiler:
    from your perspective, do you personally think that a viewer who had no context of the vn or whats supposed to be happening would catch onto his time lapse for that scene? Im assuming shirou also doesnt go througn that whole thing using the jewel to dig into his hand this time to keep his sanity intact when he tries to relax? How was the illya angra mainyu discussion? Properlh explained for newcomers?

might just be me,
    THIS

isnt something i`d call partial removal,but thats probably just me. either way, its VN faithfull, so partial or full its irrelephant

but i guess Inu cared more for the memory loss portion, He tends to makes a comment on all VN playthoughs i find him on that Shirou brain damage has to delete Seiba from his memories rather than live with the guilt

- - - Updated - - -

proving my point i guess ^

Quote Originally Posted by Akyuu View Post
    Spoiler:
    Partial removal. I actually didn't remember this and wasn't paying attention to it but luckily I didn't have to, the PV for the film itself shows the shroud was still attached to the wrist. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAjRcV80rXM Near the end of this.

Spoiler:
    Can you elaborate a bit? What part of Nine Lives monologue do you mean? Shirou doesn't narrate along the lines of 'this battle will end in 3 seconds. i aim for his head, body, heart, testicles, etc etc. i surpass his speed using godspeed', but you do pretty much see most of that visually presented. you get to see eight slashes happen instantly, a ninth one to seal it and the battle ends right there, no additional swings. And well, you get to see Shirou struggling with the pain from having removed the shroud by showing him in bed in pain twice. It's not perfect but when combined with Shirou unable to remember names or form words properly after Alter's fight, I think it gets the point across well enough.
    Spoiler:
    yeah haha i know i wasnt really expecting them to verbatim have shirou monologue his actions in this format. It just feels that a lot is lost without nasus silly prose which is essentially the whole scene including the perspective of illya afterwards. Its super unreasonable to expect. Oh well, ufotable epic action scenes are still worth it.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Inuhanyou View Post
    Spoiler:
    from your perspective, do you personally think that a viewer who had no context of the vn or whats supposed to be happening would catch onto his time lapse for that scene? Im assuming shirou also doesnt go througn that whole thing using the jewel to dig into his hand this time to keep his sanity intact when he tries to relax? How was the illya angra mainyu discussion? Properlh explained for newcomers?
    Spoiler:
    I'm not a good judge of that. I liked HF1 precisely because it made itself clear that it's only really going to make sense and feel satisfying if you've read the VN. That said, I think the average viewer will understand that Shirou vs. Herc ends in an instant. That is what you literally see after all.

And actually yes, they showed the jewel. I forgot to describe that so it's good that you asked. In the scene where Shirou wakes up from his dream of getting consumed by his swords regeneration, he struggles over to his desk drawer to pull out Rin's pendant to grasp it so he can calm down. Rin comes in at that moment and notices the pendant and they talk about it a bit.

Illya explains Angra Mainyu's origins, how some villagers picked him to be the evils of this world, and then explains how the einzberns summoned him in the 3rd war and that fucked up the grail due to how mainyu understood humanity and evil, so the grail was doomed since then. At least from what I remember that's what you get in the VN.
    updated 2019/1/10

Quote Originally Posted by madarra View Post
    might just be me,
    THIS

isnt something i`d call partial removal,but thats probably just me. either way, its VN faithfull, so partial or full its irrelephant

but i guess Inu cared more for the memory loss portion, He tends to makes a comment on all VN playthoughs i find him on that Shirou brain damage has to delete Seiba from his memories rather than live with the guilt

- - - Updated - - -

proving my point i guess ^
    Im scared...i dont think i post so much but you deduce accurately my sentiments somehow

how am i gonna live without Nine Bullet Revolver giving me
    Spoiler:
    a much needed zoom in at Herks crotch when he takes aim

- - - Updated - - -

see you around Inu

<---goes by Merostay or Stray Merodach

Spoiler:

- - - Updated - - -

see you around Inu

Ahh its you.

Also who cant live without ball play

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Spoiler:

- - - Updated - - -

see you around Inu

"The distance between his crotch and me is ten meters. I take aim at his crotch".

Your not a TYPE MOON fan if you don't even own a TM Merch or haven't fapped to a TM character.

Quote Originally Posted by Akyuu View Post
    Spoiler:
    I'm not a good judge of that. I liked HF1 precisely because it made itself clear that it's only really going to make sense and feel satisfying if you've read the VN. That said, I think the average viewer will understand that Shirou vs. Herc ends in an instant. That is what you literally see after all.

And actually yes, they showed the jewel. I forgot to describe that so it's good that you asked. In the scene where Shirou wakes up from his dream of getting consumed by his swords regeneration, he struggles over to his desk drawer to pull out Rin's pendant to grasp it so he can calm down. Rin comes in at that moment and notices the pendant and they talk about it a bit.

Illya explains Angra Mainyu's origins, how some villagers picked him to be the evils of this world, and then explains how the einzberns summoned him in the 3rd war and that fucked up the grail due to how mainyu understood humanity and evil, so the grail was doomed since then. At least from what I remember that's what you get in the VN.
    Spoiler:

Glad they kept the the jewel. Because you forgot to include it i thought they just skipped it entirely. Although keeping it for ease againsf a dream rather than to keep shirous sanity seems way less impactful. Almost like they just kept it in there specifically just so rin could find shirou with it and deduce that there are two pendants. In the vn that felt more natural like an extension of a neccesary thing shirou had to do. Hopefully when i see it in person its more natural than im thinking

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    checked out the camrip of Rider VS Saber.

absolutely and utterly epic, am not disappoint.

This is def not something to see with such horrible low quality. Almost an insult to the work put into it

When the clock strikes midnight... Means it's a new day Jeanne. Strange_One's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    I guess you're all chatting about the goods already - but I'll leave this here

BEHOLD! THE SIG OF GOLDEN TRUTH! Pillaged from McJon, Tsukikan et al.

I didnt think that ufotable would be able to top alter vs berserker in terms of servant fights but they really were clearly intent on proving me wrong.

US Friend Code
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Inuhanyou View Post
    I didnt think that ufotable would be able to top alter vs berserker in terms of servant fights but they really were clearly intent on proving me wrong.
    well Fate keeps on trying to one up its own battle scenes, so just wait for Fate Route Rider v Seiba to be better

Holy SHIT that Saber Alter vs Rider fight is beautiful. And that music was amazing. Even with the poor camrip quality.

Spoiler:
    I like the little detail of Rider managing to trap Saber Alter in her chains sort of like she tried in the first movie. And that "Ah, Shirou." from Saber Alter. Got me in my feels. Fuck I can't wait to see this movie.

Good job, Ufotable. Good fucking job.
    Last edited by Nobody; August 15th, 2020 at 09:56 AM.

well Fate keeps on trying to one up its own battle scenes, so just wait for Fate Route Rider v Seiba to be better
    I can only hope

A Fate route adaptation would be beautiful. Preferably a show rather than a movie, and no Kajiura. I really don't want it to be left in the dust, especially since Nasu wants to remake it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    A Fate route adaptation would be beautiful. Preferably a show rather than a movie, and no Kajiura. I really don't want it to be left in the dust, especially since Nasu wants to remake it.
    Bring back kenji kawaii damn it

JP Friend Code
    I'm honestly pretty fine with them ending F/SN-related productions here. Heaven's Feel of all things got a full adaptation, that's really something. On the other hand, I'd really like an attempt at bringing F/HA to a wider audience though
    updated 2019/1/10