Page 535 of 543 FirstFirst ... 35435485525530533534535536537540 ... LastLast
Results 10,681 to 10,700 of 10859

Thread: Heaven's Feel Movies - Third was coming Spring 2020, now on hiatus

  1. #10681
    Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Wherever there's Wi-Fi
    Age
    22
    Posts
    6,650
    Thank you. My thoughts exactly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

  2. #10682
    Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    4,689
    Exactly. People say it's a simple as only going if you don't see yourself at risk, but there's the problem. People think they're safe, aren't and fill hospitals. Even if they're safe, they might still carry the virus and infect people of their evironment who aren't as safe. They're choosing profits over safety and they deserve criticism.
    Spoiler:

    Spoiler:


    DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

  3. #10683
    Behold the King's smirk Orivaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Værløse, Denmark
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,402
    Quote Originally Posted by Inuhanyou View Post
    "Im not responsible for my child shooting herself, i just left the loaded gun on the table it was her choice to pick it up and play with it. Nothing to do with me"

    Let me just repeat myself: Don't treat fans like they're infantile invalids who needs to have their hands held and led through life by institutions.

    Fans aren't children. An argument based around a comparison to children isn't appropriate. It's a disingenuous, bad-faith argument. Completely, utterly asinine, and quite frankly insulting to treat them as children who can't think or choose for themselves.
    Last edited by Orivaa; October 13th, 2020 at 07:02 AM.

  4. #10684
    I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Unfortunate.
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    23,537
    JP Friend Code
    892,001,916
    US Friend Code
    870,360,928
    It doesn't have anything to do with children, it's more like, don't be bloody idiots who help spread the virus further.

    Even if everybody in the world was slightly responsible (which you can see now is a stretch and a half) and didn't go to public places if they felt even slightly poorly, there are still carriers, who'll show no signs of the disease, but are still going to be breathing and talking and all those things that toss out virusy microdroplets.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP


  5. #10685
    Behold the King's smirk Orivaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Værløse, Denmark
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,402
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    It doesn't have anything to do with children
    His argument was based around a comparison to children. It wouldn't work if it weren't children, which is exactly why it was so disingenuous.

    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    it's more like, don't be bloody idiots who help spread the virus further.
    I don't understand why you or Inuhanyou or bassgs435 bring this up. What relevance does it have to my argument? You can feel free to hold that viewpoint if you want, but it doesn't have any relevance to the argument about whether the potential virus-related result of going to the theater to watch HF3 is the responsibility of Aniplex or the specific individuals who went. That is what the conversation is about.
    Last edited by Orivaa; October 13th, 2020 at 09:31 AM.

  6. #10686
    死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Comun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Manaus, Brazil
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,073
    JP Friend Code
    262.110.454
    Quote Originally Posted by Orivaa View Post
    His argument was based around a comparison to children. It wouldn't work if it weren't children, which is exactly why it was so disingenuous.
    You're placed in a Trolley Problem. Are you more culpable than the person who tied the people to the tracks? There, same argument but without the reference to children. Now you can actually engage with it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Orivaa View Post
    I don't understand why you or Inuhanyou or bassgs435 bring this up. What relevance does it have to my argument? You can feel free to hold that viewpoint if you want, but it doesn't have any relevance to the argument about whether the potential virus-related result of going to the theater to watch HF3 is the responsibility of Aniplex or the specific individuals who went. That is what the conversation is about.
    Probably because the consequences of the choice are
    A) a far more important topic than culpability.
    B) an almost unavoidable part to the discussion of culpability.

  7. #10687
    Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    4,689
    This was about Aniplex making a bad choice for profits and greed (not like Aniplex being greedy is anything new when you think about their overpriced physical releases) and you deciding to play corporate defense for free.
    Aniplex shares fault with viewers for any potential results. Saying Aniplex is completely innocent is wrong. Aniplex airs it expecting profits, thus expecting people in a time where expecing people means expecting spread of a dangerous pandemic. They aren't even paying you. Stop playing corporate defense
    And if people really are so mature and don't need to be taken care of and all that, there'd be no need for governments to enforce lockdowns, limited gatherings and whatever other anti-pandemic measures and we could place all blame and responsibility on individuals making poor choices while people keep dying and suffering
    Your argument is nonsensical.
    Last edited by bassgs435; October 13th, 2020 at 10:06 AM.
    Spoiler:

    Spoiler:


    DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

  8. #10688
    Behold the King's smirk Orivaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Værløse, Denmark
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,402
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    You're placed in a Trolley Problem. Are you more culpable than the person who tied the people to the tracks? There, same argument but without the reference to children. Now you can actually engage with it.
    I'm not sure the Trolley Problem applies at all. You're going to have to explain to me how the Trolley Problem is equivalent to whether the responsibility of going to the theater lies with Aniplex for making the cinema available, or the fans for going.

    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    A) a far more important topic than culpability.
    I don't care? Whether or not it's "more important" isn't relevant to me. If that simply means you or the other people prefer to talk about that instead, feel free to do so amongst yourselves, but don't derail the conversation I started about something else.

    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    B) an almost unavoidable part to the discussion of culpability.
    How does it impact the question of responsibility? In what way is the outcome changed? When nothing comes of it, it's the individual's responsibility, but if something does come of it, it's Aniplex's responsibility???

  9. #10689
    I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Unfortunate.
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    23,537
    JP Friend Code
    892,001,916
    US Friend Code
    870,360,928
    Quote Originally Posted by Orivaa View Post
    His argument was based around a comparison to children. It wouldn't work if it weren't children, which is exactly why it was so disingenuous.



    I don't understand why you or Inuhanyou or bassgs435 bring this up. What relevance does it have to my argument? You can feel free to hold that viewpoint if you want, but it doesn't have any relevance to the argument about whether the potential virus-related result of going to the theater to watch HF3 is the responsibility of Aniplex or the specific individuals who went. That is what the conversation is about.
    Because the blame game is stupid and pointless, as it always is whenever it comes up outside of a court of law, or anywhere else it doesn't have any real repercussions.

    The cinemas are irresponsibly opening, and the viewers are irresponsibly going.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP


  10. #10690
    Behold the King's smirk Orivaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Værløse, Denmark
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,402
    Quote Originally Posted by bassgs435 View Post
    This was about Aniplex making a bad choice for profits and greed (not like Aniplex being greedy is anything new when you think about their overpriced physical releases)
    This was about the responsibility being laid at the feet of Aniplex for grown adults choosing to go to the cinema. That is specifically the part I objected to. Whether or not you think they made "a bad choice for profits and greed" doesn't actually factor into that. If you think that, good for you, but it's irrelevant to the argument I initiated.

    Quote Originally Posted by bassgs435 View Post
    you deciding to play corporate defense for free.
    You're deciding to deny grown adults their agency and right of choice and responsibility by infantilizing them. I couldn't care less about Aniplex. I care about people being treated like the adults they are rather than babies.

    Quote Originally Posted by bassgs435 View Post
    Aniplex shares fault with viewers for any potential results
    No, they don't, because it's the people who go who has full responsibility for their own actions. It's their choice, their responsibility, and their risk. Unless you can find evidence of Aniplex trying to maximize the chances of the people in the cinema getting Covid, it's not their responsibility. They aren't doing anything other than saying, "hey, if you wanna go watch this movie, you can."


    Quote Originally Posted by bassgs435 View Post
    And if people really are so mature and don't need to be taken care of and all that, there'd be no need for governments to enforce lockdowns, limited gatherings and whatever other anti-pandemic measures
    I disagree with those measures, but I am not going to get into that. It's an entirely different rabbit hole that I don't care to use the energy falling into. Point is, whether or not lockdowns are required or yada yada yada, doesn't actually change the issue of responsibility.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    Because the blame game is stupid and pointless, as it always is whenever it comes up outside of a court of law, or anywhere else it doesn't have any real repercussions.

    The cinemas are irresponsibly opening, and the viewers are irresponsibly going.
    If you think it's stupid and pointless, why are you intruding on a conversation specifically about the blame game? And why do you go from calling it pointless and stupid to then immediately participating in it?

    If you don't like the blame game, by all means don't join the argument. No one's forcing you.

  11. #10691
    Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    4,689
    This is to save lives. If infantilizing people and taking away right of choice is what it takes to save lives, it's right when people have shown trusting their responsibility doesn't work and they keep putting themselves and lots of others at risk. You honestly sound like an asshole. I wonder if you'd be singing the same tune if someone close to you died and the infection that killed said person could be traced to cinemas.
    And my evidence of Aniplex increasing risk is in HF being a popular film of a popular franchise. My evidence is the sales data of previous films, FGO and Fate stuff in general. There'll be people who want to watch the movie, and if cinema's the only way, they'll go and Aniplex knows this. They wouldn't put the movie on cinemas if they didn't see that people will go. The move is done thinking about profits. Profits that come from people going to the cinema. They deserve criticism and blame. And your semantics about people's free will and whatever don't matter in the face of protecting lives.
    More lives can be protected if Aniplex didn't put the movie on cinemas and did a digital showing instead. They didn't and chose the riskier option to health to dismiss the risk to profits that'd come from people pirating the digital showing. Thus Aniplex is as much to blame as the people going and the cinemas and politicians who didn't stop them from putting the movie on cinemas
    Spoiler:

    Spoiler:


    DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

  12. #10692
    The horror GarlandGreene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    The Land of Maple Syrup
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    354
    I'm not 100% sure how it works south of the border but shouldn't you guys be complaining to your local/state government to shut down movie theaters rather than Aniplex (who's simply taking advantage of your inept politicians)? Places like that shouldn't even be open in the first place especially when many areas are right in the middle of the second wave.

  13. #10693
    Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Wherever there's Wi-Fi
    Age
    22
    Posts
    6,650
    Perhaps we should, but many of them don't care enough, especially in Texas and Florida.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Also, this won't stop Aniplex from going ahead with this awful plan unless everybody does it simultaneously or enough cities take issue that it ceases to be profitable. Also, still want to see the movies, just safely, is all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

  14. #10694
    死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Comun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Manaus, Brazil
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,073
    JP Friend Code
    262.110.454
    Quote Originally Posted by Orivaa View Post
    I'm not sure the Trolley Problem applies at all. You're going to have to explain to me how the Trolley Problem is equivalent to whether the responsibility of going to the theater lies with Aniplex for making the cinema available, or the fans for going.
    Both the trolley problem and going to the movies during a pandemic are choices of sacrificing something personal to you or endangering innocent strangers. Same mechanism, just lower stakes and a pettier "something personal". Movie goers are as culpable as the lever puller, and Aniplex is as culpable as the person tying people to train tracks.

    Quote Originally Posted by Orivaa View Post
    I don't care? Whether or not it's "more important" isn't relevant to me. If that simply means you or the other people prefer to talk about that instead, feel free to do so amongst yourselves, but don't derail the conversation I started about something else.
    It's not derailing a conversation you started, it's rerailing a conversation SirGau started.

  15. #10695
    Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Get lost in life
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,976
    US Friend Code
    632,328,855 IGN Haru-Chan
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by GarlandGreene View Post
    I'm not 100% sure how it works south of the border but shouldn't you guys be complaining to your local/state government to shut down movie theaters rather than Aniplex (who's simply taking advantage of your inept politicians)? Places like that shouldn't even be open in the first place especially when many areas are right in the middle of the second wave.
    True that. It's the government failure
    They don't care? Damn there's police that can do sweeping to force close those public places if the government care enough

    The theater can put scan wherever they want, it's still can't be relied on
    In this case everyone can be blamed including the people and company. Why just focusing on the "greedy" irresponsible aniplex? Why the theater itself open in the first place?
    Last edited by Wandering Swordwoman; October 13th, 2020 at 10:54 PM.
    Spoiler:

    Wandering on internet

  16. #10696
    Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Wherever there's Wi-Fi
    Age
    22
    Posts
    6,650
    Blame the local governments for allowing theaters to reopen, not necessarily the theaters themselves. Besides, I place a lot of the blame on Aniplex because they didn't have to do things this way, and could have made the screenings virtual at the expense of some profits. That is a 100% safer alternative and avoids the negligent nightmare that is American COVID-19 restrictions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

  17. #10697
    Behold the King's smirk Orivaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Værløse, Denmark
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,402
    Quote Originally Posted by bassgs435 View Post
    Thus Aniplex is as much to blame as the people going and the cinemas and politicians who didn't stop them from putting the movie on cinemas
    All right, so we got a fundamental disagreement, then. You don't believe in individual responsibility, I do. You're a authoritarian collectivist, I'm a libertarian individualist. It doesn't sound like we're going to get anywhere, as our base values and worldview are just too different for us to find common ground. So, I'm going to step out of this conversation between us here. Good day to you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Both the trolley problem and going to the movies during a pandemic are choices of sacrificing something personal to you or endangering innocent strangers.
    The trolley problem is an ethics thought-experiment wherein a train car is heading down one track towards where some greater-than-one amount of people are tied to the tracks. There is a lever next to the track that would switch the train unto a different track where there are less people tied to it. The moral conflict is whether or not you switch the track to save the greater amount of people, at the expense of you directly causing the death of a lesser number of people. And if you choose not to, are you then responsible for the greater number of people who died?

    Unless your understanding of the problem is different, I don't see how it relates to this. The trolley problem is rather specific in its application. It works because the outcomes are completely set in stone, and they are both the same sans the number of people who die.

    I'm not trying to play stupid, I just don't think it applies. If you've got a different conception of it than I do, then feel free to explain yours and what the crucial difference is that makes it applicable here.

    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    It's not derailing a conversation you started, it's rerailing a conversation SirGau started.
    No? SirGauoftheSquareTable said, "It's not the moviegoers I'm mad at, but Aniplex for putting peoples' lives at risk."

    Whatever the surrounding conversation was, that snippet has its own set of logic and morality, which is what I replied to, creating a conversation around the logic employed there. I wasn't derailing any conversation. Something was explicitly said that I then commented on. The conversation I created was centered around the logic used there. Then people came in and derailed the conversation I had started by making points that were irrelevant to what I've said and to the conversation topic as a whole.

  18. #10698
    死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Comun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Manaus, Brazil
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,073
    JP Friend Code
    262.110.454
    The version I knew of the trolley problem had a loved one on one track and 5 strangers on the other. It was about small personal benefit vs large collective benefit, not about agency. Though I guess this agency version is just as valid of a thought experiment.

  19. #10699
    Black King Inuhanyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    NJ
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,730
    I brought up children because humans can be infantile and corporations and corrupt politicans take advantage of exposing that and using it to their benefit. Its not a matter of simply people making choices but being allowed to make choices that will negatively impact more than themselves.

    Covid is a situation with the greatest tragedy and there is blame to go around if things get out of hand.



  20. #10700
    Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Get lost in life
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,976
    US Friend Code
    632,328,855 IGN Haru-Chan
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Blame the local governments for allowing theaters to reopen, not necessarily the theaters themselves. Besides, I place a lot of the blame on Aniplex because they didn't have to do things this way, and could have made the screenings virtual at the expense of some profits. That is a 100% safer alternative and avoids the negligent nightmare that is American COVID-19 restrictions.
    True they can make just go website to stream the movie if they pay $$ (which make it should be cheaper because minus all the luxury in theater), the aniplex don't even want to cut any single penny profits from what they can get in theater screeening.
    The locals and government also really lack of awareness, if people don't want to go, then the theater will think twice instead screening for empty seats.
    Spoiler:

    Wandering on internet

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •