Page 485 of 568 FirstFirst ... 385435475480483484485486487490495535 ... LastLast
Results 9,681 to 9,700 of 11348

Thread: Heaven's Feel Movies

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Because VN and LN inner monologues tend to be lengthy, which works in source. But there's a moment where trying to keep them all is impossible in anime. Sure, anime slowing down for monologuing and dialoguing is nothing new. But not to the extent being 1:1 faithful to VNs and LNs would require.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Oh and I wanted to answer this one as well, because I think people misunderstand a lot of the narrative sometimes in HF, and the movie misses a few import bits.

Quote Originally Posted by John D. Pliskin View Post
    I guess there's an awful lot of overlap between these two statements, huh.

/internal screams/

Oh, so semantics did a number on me again. "Her mother's tainted vessel"= Illya's mother= Irisviel, gotcha. Whew, honestly thought some forbidden deep lore flashed before my eyes.

----

Hey, so this has been nagging me a bit, especially ever since it's come into animated form: how does Sakura slip out of bed away from Shirou on these nightly feastings, anyway? Does she "slip into" her own shadow and become one with it, or something like that? And for that matter, why has her physical body been starting to manifest itself together with the Shadow into the war-- in other words, why does she seem to be closing the distance between her corporal form and her Shadow, lessening the degree of apparent autonomy of the Shadow? Is there an advantage to this; is she able to eat more this way? Or is she achieving more "oneness" with the Shadow thanks to the natural progression of the War, and thus her heightened proximity to the Shadow can't be helped? Otherwise, I can't imagine why she'd put her physical body more "in danger"... and thus get herself skewered by Gilgamesh. (And she recovers from that thanks to... what, Imaginary Space whachamacallit? Or even something else that the film/route may explain or allude to?)

Maybe there is no "rational" explanation, and this strangeness regarding Sakura's situation is supposed to be inexplicably horrific, at least for most film goers. Which can be cool in of itself. Though with Nasu being Nasu, I doubt there'd be no real explanation to these things at their core (even if no time is given in the films to explain them).
    Sakura's power is expressed by a shadow that pools under her feet. She mentions that it can go so far and is surprised by it in the scene where Rin talks to Shirou about the high jump (which the movie messed up, so that would be another knock against it if we are keeping score).
    The reason why she never seemed injured is because it's not really "her" there even if its connected to her, she becomes more one with that entity as she becomes the grail, and she becomes the grail more as Servants die and are absorbed into the Lesser Grail. She doesn't have the function to shut down her human functions down and go into cryo like Ilya or Irisviel to better hold the power in, so she gets the sense of taste and touch issues as well as the memory lapses.
    When Gil attacked her, that was where she was almost "complete" so she is become one in flesh with it, but before, it used her power to project itself outward when she slept, so that is why she is not wet from being in the lake with Lancer or dirty from the huge explosion in the forest (and why it can blow itself up). So it true that Sakura never left the house until the time with Gil. Also, AM regenerated the wounds superficially with Gil, Rin says herself that Sakura's innards are still cut up, and her tendons are severed (since she mentioned bridging it with mana iirc in that scene where her Shadow picks up Rin talking).

She has a lot of abilities that would perfect for infiltration, like an ninja even, I think I said so in the past.
    Last edited by Altima of the Gates; August 29th, 2019 at 08:48 AM.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Astroprogs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bassgs435 View Post
    Because VN and LN inner monologues tend to be lengthy, which works in source. But there's a moment where trying to keep them all is impossible in anime. Sure, anime slowing down for monologuing and dialoguing is nothing new. But not to the extent being 1:1 faithful to VNs and LNs would require.
    I don't think anyone was really advocating for a 1:1 adaptation, it was the lack of creativity to incorporate them elegantly.

HF is the farthest away from a 1:1 adaptation and yet you don't really feel the cuts directly impacting the themes and narrative the way UBW did.

Directors have to work around the walls of text and present the information in them in a suitable and appealing way, not to either dump them line for line or just cut them altogether.

In my opinion HF is by far the better adaptation, despite all the cuts, and that's because the director really knew how to work with the text and be creative about delivering the exact same information in a way suitable for the medium.

If things can work better if presented visually he did that. If he needed some things to be spelled for the audience, he did that too.

He actually did his job; adapting the text.
    Last edited by Astroprogs; August 29th, 2019 at 10:19 AM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    Sudou has been fantasizing about doing this project for over a decade, its not surprising his vision is a lot more coherent than Miuras.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Astroprogs's Avatar
    Yeah.

I also remember Miura saying that he's a Rin fanboy, which is weird considering how I'm also a Rin fanboy that felt mild apathy towards Sakura after reading the VN, yet coming off anime UBW and HF really liking Sakura and feeling mild apathy towards Rin.

After seeing both shows, I don't believe Miura. Passion and love for the main heroine just show in the final product and I felt no extra attention paid to Rin beyond showing us how great her thighs are.

Though, admittedly, Rin isn't the main case of the director not going the extra mile for a character in UBW. That belongs to Shirou.
    Last edited by Astroprogs; August 29th, 2019 at 11:40 AM.

And Miura was in the "adapt HF" camp along with Sudou. Atsuhiro Iwagami from Aniplex is the one who pushed UBW.

How does one save emancipated ruined “people” who lived in such a state for far longer than they’ve lived normally honestly. Even if one heals the body is there anything really to salvage in spirit?

Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    How does one save emancipated ruined “people” who lived in such a state for far longer than they’ve lived normally honestly. Even if one heals the body is there anything really to salvage in spirit?
    Who are you talking about? This could easily apply to both Shirou and Sakura.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Shirou and Sakura both had the capacity to move of their own volition, speak with other people, feel sunlight and wind, and eat. That's a hell of a lot better than being a shriveled invalid devoid of stimulus save a drop of water every so often.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Quote Originally Posted by remirror View Post
    Who are you talking about? This could easily apply to both Shirou and Sakura.
    The basement orphans in this case.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    Doesn't mean you shouldn't try imo. This is magic we are talking about, and iirc, Kirei kept them in basically a dreamlike state to stabilize them. If they are hollow shells, so be it, but this is again a theoretical thing. Shirou doesn't know the grail can't be used and doesn't know if the kids couldn't be restored, it's mainly a question he comes with the answer to purely from the perspective of his ideal, not really thinking about saving them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Shirou and Sakura both had the capacity to move of their own volition, speak with other people, feel sunlight and wind, and eat. That's a hell of a lot better than being a shriveled invalid devoid of stimulus save a drop of water every so often.
    I don't disagree, but the latter of those two had all types of experimentation done, but often the only thing brought up is the sexual and I think people kinda miss that point sometimes. I mean, being thrust in a mausoleum of rotting corpses since you were 4 and then untold hells being done to you with no magical thing to block out your senses is pretty bad.
    This was a person who didn't even blink tearing out her heart and didn't even utter a scream when getting vivisceted. Even Shirou screams.

Quote Originally Posted by Astroprogs View Post
    Yeah.

I also remember Miura saying that he's a Rin fanboy, which is weird considering how I'm also a Rin fanboy that felt mild apathy towards Sakura after reading the VN, yet coming off anime UBW and HF really liking Sakura and feeling mild apathy towards Rin.

After seeing both shows, I don't believe Miura. Passion and love for the main heroine just show in the final product and I felt no extra attention paid to Rin beyond showing us how great her thighs are.

Though, admittedly, Rin isn't the main case of the director not going the extra mile for a character in UBW. That belongs to Shirou.
    Didn't they appoint Miura as director for Oblivion recording since he was deemed as the "Number 1 cute girl director" within the studio (from the KnK interview booklet)? No wonder the 2 major takeaways from their UBW anime are Rin's moe moe tsundere-ness and the over-the-top, flashy action scenes and not much else, which is pretty much the same feeling after watching KnK 6 (just replace Rin with Azaka).

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    The same feeling that I get from Miura as director
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    OK, finally saw Lost Butterfly.

Saber vs Berserker was definitely meant to be the Big Scene of the movie. ufotable at their most ufotablish.

My fav scenes were Medusa using her eyes and Archer vs Assassin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Great Big Ben London Star Rahab's Avatar
    Has anyone translated/made subtitles for the bonus features disc that came with the limited edition blu Ray?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors black1blade's Avatar
    Watched it the other day and it is was definitely p damn good and enjoyable. I do have to admit that the characters and story feel weaker vs the visual novel but if you put in all shirou's internal monologues it would be extremly boring so wouldn't work at all. The pacing was overall decent and I really appreciated a lot of the animation and how they didn't shy away from the more serious subject matter of sakura being a rape victim and we finally got what fate adaptations should have been doing all along- fade to black sex haha. The herc vs dark saber fight was a bit flashy and extreme ngl. It was a very cool spectacle but all the different colours and sizes of the explosions seemed extremly random. The cuts were very rapid so I feel like more dramatic, longer shots would have been good when dark(?) excalibar was used. Clearly ufotable is becomming extremely talented at blending 3d and 2d animation and using it to create very impressive set peices, however sometimes I think a more subdued approach could make the action more natural idk.Also the later scene in the woods had the whole why the fuck aren't you running away yet which tbf is a problem with a lot of visual media (stranger things s3 reeee).

So, can someone confirm something for me? True Assassin kills Medea in the VN as well, right? But does he eat her heart or not? In the movie he doesn't, but I remember from the VN that he needs to eat the heart of Lancer in order to gain intelligence, so why wouldn't he do the same to Medea? Is it just a movie oversight?

In the VN True Assassin does something and Shirou and Seiba come in to find a bloody Caster sitting over Kuzuki's corpse and then Caster comits suicide by saber.

And since TA is a nice obedient servant, he probably didnt eat Caster cuz grandpa Zouken had plans for her.

Since I just watched a very hype black girl react to the movie, there's something I'd like to bring up that I've been thinking about.

So before True Assassin summons Shirou to talk to Zouken, Shirou has a dream where he sees a tanned, white-haired version of himself decapitate Sakura, while there's Emiya and Kiritsugu walking away. It's the latter part that bothers me, because the dream is supposed to be his ideals conflicting with his love. The ideals is obviously the tanned, white-haired him decapitating her, and the himself that loves Sakura looks on in horror. But if that's the case, and I think it's hard to argue otherwise, then Kiritsugu and Emiya, who also represent Shirou's ideals, shouldn't be walking away. It's like his ideals are turning their back on and walking away from his ideals. You have to do a bit of mental gymnastics in order to have it make sense, with Kiritsugu and Emiya being the part that easily leaves her behind and moves on, but I think it would be better and much more impactful if, rather than having Kiritsugu and Emiya walking away, we have them holding down Sakura, each holding an arm, their faces dark and hidden, and having her face towards Shirou rather than away. Maybe she could have a sad smile, tears in her eyes, and say her iconic "Senpai" right as the other Shirou brings the sword down on her. It could be shot that's up really close to her face, leaving just enough room to see the blade about to hit her, cutting her off mid-senpai with an abrupt cut to black.
    I don't know, maybe I'm just wanking over it because it was my own idea, but I think that'd have been a much better scene.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by madarra View Post
    In the VN True Assassin does something and Shirou and Seiba come in to find a bloody Caster sitting over Kuzuki's corpse and then Caster comits suicide by saber.

And since TA is a nice obedient servant, he probably didnt eat Caster cuz grandpa Zouken had plans for her.
    I see. It's been a while since I read the VN. Would Zouken need Caster's heart to do what he did? She was already a corpse at that point, no? Or was Saber's line about that also movie-only?

As a side note, the reason the Shadow can't make a Cu Alter or Medea Alter or such, that's because the Servants were already dead, right? Whereas he absorbed Saber and Berserker whilst they were still alive, right? 'Cause I initially thought it was because True Assassin ate their hearts, but obviously that's not true for Medea.

Yes, no Cu Medea alter cuz they're dead.

And if you ask me,all interpretations of visual methaphors require mental gymnastics.Im sure your own suits you best

I just took it as Shirous desires making him not align with Kiri and Archer so they are heading in opposite directions and not seeing eye to eye.