Page 547 of 568 FirstFirst ... 47447497537542545546547548549552557 ... LastLast
Results 10,921 to 10,940 of 11348

Thread: Heaven's Feel Movies

Have something wrong with HF movies. I always worry that everyone who does not read VN will not understand what is going on in the movie.

Sudou tries his best. I think he is more serious than Miura, however, I always feel " we don't have enough of time. I wish more 30 minutes for every movie - or at least, one more hour for movie 2.".

- Many of Illya scene is cut from the movie.
    - Sudou tries to add the scene where Sakura tries to suicide ( battle in the school). However, he can't get the viewers' attention on her.
    - Sudou cut many scenes about the conflict between Rin - Sakura during days 11-13. The viewers finally will misunderstanding about why Sakura cries when heard Rin talking with Shirou. I hoped he at least should reveal that Sakura's memory is erasing slowly.

- From the beginning, have something wrong with HF route. I hope he can fit it when adapting in the movie. But he doesn't have enough time.

He tries so best, but I hope he did it better, as same as I hope Ufortable give him more time.

Quote Originally Posted by TomPen94 View Post
    I'm actually gonna test that when this comes out on Bluray since I have a friend that got into Fate recently and has only watched Zero, UBW and the two HF movies.
    I was planning on doing this myself, but as of recently he and I are no longer friends, so I'm just left here like.... welp.

Please do make a post about what your friend thought after you watch it. I'd like to know.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    FSN fanboy gets full creative freedom in directing a FSN anime adaption: they end up just airing the VN on TV.
    Or just add the monologues Monogatari-style for whoever wants to pause and read them. At least I think that'd be better than having directors smelling their own farts by acting like their direction and animation is a good substitute for actual WORDS.

JP Friend Code
    It is not as if it were their fault that some people need a giant sign to explain everything for them because they are unable to understand what is happening on screen

people joked about "HF is kirei and illya rute" for years. I think its fair the movies tried to be focused on sakura , and directed by a fan of hers

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSkipRow View Post
    Or just add the monologues Monogatari-style for whoever wants to pause and read them. At least I think that'd be better than having directors smelling their own farts by acting like their direction and animation is a good substitute for actual WORDS.
    You want to read? Get the VN. (tobey maguire voice)

The problem with that is the original story is already chock-full of infodumps (most of which are necessary to understand the bare minimum of what's going on within the plot). So if they took time to add in those monologues, then 90% of the anime would just be still frames of talking heads and/or that meme worthy moment from Zero where Tokiomi and Risei circles around Kirei while spewing exposition...Not exactly the most riveting thing to experience if you ask me. The best way I could see them make it work within a 6 hours timeframe is to repurpose the events of HF to fit better within said timeframe (so basically a rewrite of the route)...Which is kind of what they did, until the final movie where they decided to adapt the climax as it is but with a bunch of the context missing due to time limitations and differences in terms of buildup.

Also having pop up texts in anime in general is dumb imo. Sure it works with Shaft but that's because they are doing it in an artistic way and it also fits with the whole avant-garde approach that they are going for with their works ever since the late 2000s. But I just don't see it fitting with Ufotable's current style without it coming off as jarring and distracting.
    Last edited by GarlandGreene; March 1st, 2021 at 02:10 PM.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    JP Friend Code
    Fate/stay night being animated in style of Monogatari sounds like a disaster to me. I don't think shaft even does the pop up texts for anything other than Monogatari and the best directed entry of the series(Kizu) try to focus on visual style and remove most of the monologue.

Quote Originally Posted by ADab1za View Post
    Fate/stay night being animated in style of Monogatari sounds like a disaster to me. I don't think shaft even does the pop up texts for anything other than Monogatari and the best directed entry of the series(Kizu) try to focus on visual style and remove most of the monologue.
    Zetsubou Sensei did them first, they also did a lot of mind fuck episodes in the series.

Not to mention, we already had Last Encore, so at least we know what Shaft-style Fate would be like
    Last edited by SteelBeowulf; March 1st, 2021 at 06:16 PM.

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Anime's a more visual medium. Thinking directors are pretentious for simply wanting to try a visual approach rather than talking and monologuing heads, feels like a mistake.

- - - Updated - - -

That said, Fate fans are spoiled. I'd love to have an adaptation of Dies and Demonbane as good as Ufo FSN, instead of what I got. It's fair to complain, but always keep in mind adapting VNs and LNs isn't always easy and simple, which is why so many LN and VN adaptations fail the source.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

So many great VNs that never even get adaptions, while Fate fans have a meltdown about the sakuga being so good it attracts normies.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    TM is lucky because Ufotable are TM fans that was willing to take risk for them.

The Kara no Kyoukai films were definitely risks at the time (which paid off) but anything after that? They were all relatively safe considering the studio was working on an already super popular and established franchise. If anything, weren't a bunch of other studios interested in doing the adaptation for Fate/Zero but TM picked Ufotable due to their previous success with KnK?

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Fate was definitely not super popular before Zero
    It was Zero that exploded Fate's popularity, and the explosion kept going with ufo UBW and FGO. I don't think Fate was massively popular before Zero
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    FSN itself even had an uphill battle after Zero, it was ufo UBW and HF that gave it a secure place in the mainstream.
    burn your dread you coward

Don't get me wrong, it was obviously not on the same level of popularity as something like One Piece (far from it) but anyone who was into anime around the late 2000s/early 2010s have at least heard of or had some sort of exposure with Fate/Stay Night whether through pictures, Youtube, MAL, memes or whatever. And I'm talking about anime viewers outside of Japan.

F/Z wasnt risky, at worst it would be a standard anime. Talked about in its season, forgotten 6 months later, no explosive popularity but still selling enough that the studio keeps the "lights on" as it were

- - - Updated - - -

Or do you guys think the 10 isekai shows per season don't edge out a profit at least?

The VN sold obscene amounts compared to its contemporaries. DEEN Stay Night sold 26k, meaning it outsold TTGL and came close to Lucky Star from the same era.

Fate was NEVER a hidden gem. It's always been super popular.

Again being one of the three doujin miracles since Tsukihime, the others being Higurashi and Touhou.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    JP Friend Code
    KnK was definitely risky even Aniplex only wanted three movies and then the movie themselves were barely screened in theatres since it wasn't popular enough but die hard fans carried it with buying expensive DVDs, Fate wasn't though at worst Zero would have had middling popularity(Similar to Apo/El melloi right now) instead of the huge success it got.