Page 568 of 568 FirstFirst ... 68468518558563566567568
Results 11,341 to 11,348 of 11348

Thread: Heaven's Feel Movies

Blog Entries
    I like to think of the multiple versions of shirou as the same person as interpreted in Fate/hollow ataraxia, In HF route on VN I'm pretty sure there are scenes where he "kinda" remembers stuff from the alternate timelines?
    Get on with it, I might have better things to do.
    *Checks schedule*
    ah, dammit....

Got any other scene besides his prescient "Rule Breaker might be dangerous" , which he had in Fate route too(except without spelling out that it might break contracts)

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well that wouldn't work because that's just his passive ability to read weapons due to his RM. Not some clairvoyant ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    I dunno, that is kinda like where people don't acknowledge that Shirou is Shirou regardless of the route.
    There was always this prevailing thing in the fandom that he was a totally different person in HF, despite evidence to the contrary shown in multiple places in the past routes.
    I haven't really talked with anyone else about this, but I can see it.

Like how they thought Shirou going so far, and reacting how he did for Sakura didn't gel with them, despite them kinda throwing it in your face how seriously Shirou takes the people closest to him. Like how in the final battle in Fate, where he was walking with Saber to the temple, where he considers how badly he didn't want to lose her and considers backing out of the fight.

Hell, that in itself would be as much of an abdication of duty than people imply HF was imo, given in HF Shirou is diehard wanting to solve the issue entirely, not just saving Sakura, he just wasn't willing to sacrifice Sakura for it.
    The circumstances are different and then there's all this talk of him giving up, which doesn't even matter in the end, which I just don't agree with.

But in that scene in Fate he very much considers for a moment running away with Saber and only really pulls back because he considers she would dislike him for that. Plus, his whole mentality is that he wants to "replace the chair for himself in his heart for her", which you could make the argument that wouldn't be healthy, as a counter in an argument for Sakura/Shirou where its not that he wants to replace "himself" for Sakura, he wants to be with her as a couple and get through their trials together (what the final walk before using RB on her, was about his talk of atonement, which considering his character, should be something you pay attention to with his words).
    But who is atoning for what and how? I don't see anything happen to those two at the end besides Shirou who comes back. There wasn't any atonement.
    Then you have UBW, where Taiga gets kidnapped, and Rin muses on the decision to give up on her rather than take Caster's deal. Shirou considers killing Rin, but self censors it in his head. He was totally looking to take the deal and was willing if not chomping at the bit, ready to fight Rin if she was going to try sacrificing Taiga, but that is often put under the radar.
    I mean, it was just a thought.

Its amusing, but I think people tend to, even if its a little harsh to say so, project themselves a little bit on Shirou(their idea of what the ideal means to him, the enforcement of it, the execution), and not understand the totality of his character running through all these routes, so no surprise if they break them up mentally based on that.
    I think that's just their preference though?
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman View Post
    But who is atoning for what and how? I don't see anything happen to those two at the end besides Shirou who comes back. There wasn't any atonement.
    He's obviously trying to atone for having sex with a non-virgin duh, any self-respecting buddhist like Shirou would know that's a mortal sin.

Spoiler:

And there are people who still wonder why we have so many stories where they have to spell out every single thing, as if the audience are a bunch of toddlers without an ounce of analytical thinking...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GarlandGreene View Post

Spoiler:

And there are people who still wonder why we have so many stories where they have to spell out every single thing, as if the audience are a bunch of toddlers without an ounce of analytical thinking...
    Spoiler:
    If you want any sort of mass appeal, you want the adult toddlers without an ounce of analytical thinking whatching your thing.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan
    Welcome to BL, new user. Don't forget to fate/stay mad

Touché

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Spoiler:
    've dealt with it for so long where you'd expect that it would be kinda obvious that Shirou told her to live because she was resolved to die, not that he expected her to become Himura Kenshin and spend the life she just got back making it up for people she didn't even mean to die. Though to be fair, even the people who saw the original visual novel don't get that Sakura is taking her responsibilities seriously as the Second Owner, and ignore her own side effects from being ripped from Angra Mainyu, even if its written there in the text.
    As long as she isn't a wandering monk saving babies, dead or chained up in prison, its not a worthwhile end.